Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Do you think we should allow pics of riding without helmets?
change the rule - 63 (53.8%)
Keep the same - 54 (46.2%)
Total Voters: 108

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Attention all members  (Read 47765 times)
Da_Mtg_Man
extraordinaire
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« on: September 03, 2008, 06:48:06 AM »

We have always promoted safe riding and from the begining we have never allowed no helmet pics. Should we change the site rules and allow pics or keep it the same? Let us know your thoughts.

FLORIDA MUD RIDER
GrizzlyGator

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 06:53:20 AM »

I like promoting the safe riding maybe we can even put a disclaimer up thats says so??? But to censor pics  Dunno...excuse my ignorance I didn't know (joined in 04') that was the case? Then again its not my website  Wink so I would naturally comply with either decision.  Grin

« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 07:13:20 AM by Can-AmGator » Logged
TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

**** Frank **** **FF&J Racing**

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 08:04:18 AM »

If people want to ride without helmets, that is their choice. I don't think this site should condone it. It makes us look irresponsible, careless and just plain STUPID!

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.
yunt2ride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 08:10:58 AM »

I think there are times that you should wear your helmet, but when you are just putting in the mud or going from camp to camp slowly then I don't think it required. I assure you that people can go on the internet and find plenty of websites that they can find pics of people riding without helmets to talk about ATV riders. How many motorcycle riders do you see out in the open road every day riding without helmets. I know they are supposed to have insurance if they ride without a helmet but you actually do not need insurance to tag a motorcycle for highway use. You only supposed to have it if you ride without a helmet. And then its only illegal if you get pulled over so how many people actually do still have it. I guess these people are not gonna get to the hospital unless they can provide proof of insurance first. Wrong, they will get there by our tax dollars.

1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo
Mudneck
" It's a State of Mind "
Supreme Member

****FMR****

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 08:12:09 AM »

Allot of our riding is low speed (right mike Shocked) 18 miles in 7 hours...LOL.

We ride Rhinos & don't wear brain buckets,usually through swamp and wet trails.My choice my consequences.But I cant share any pics since it did violate policy Cool Not me below but a typical ride.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 08:15:18 AM by bushwacker » Logged

Anoriginal

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2008, 08:13:36 AM »

No pics without helmets. Why fuel the fire?
Mudneck
" It's a State of Mind "
Supreme Member

****FMR****

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2008, 08:20:02 AM »

No pics without helmets. Why fuel the fire?

I agree but it has to be across the board for the entire site.It should apply to all events & venues if this is the decision of management.

klutchbuster400
Supreme Member

Cuz the chicks dig it.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2008, 08:31:20 AM »

Keep the rule. eventually those without helmets will kill themselves, and wont be able to vote.
yfz122
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2008, 08:50:08 AM »

This should not even be discussed. Why was the rule made in the first place?

Next thing you know they'll take my thoughts away
jrpro130
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2008, 08:51:38 AM »

Unless you are racing, you don't need a helmet on a ute or rhino, enough said.  I don't know a single person who wears a helmet on a ute or rhino that is riding a mudhole. 

08 Brute 750
Snorkel/Radiator Relocated, 29.5's, Muzzy, PCIII, UNI, and a few other custom mods
zman03
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2008, 09:27:01 AM »

What gets me is the people who tell you they can get drunk ,hop on an atv with no gear get hurt and then want to sue somebody!   

Youve gotta pin it to win it!
Da_Mtg_Man
extraordinaire
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2008, 09:32:56 AM »

Unless you are racing, you don't need a helmet on a ute or rhino, enough said.  I don't know a single person who wears a helmet on a ute or rhino that is riding a mudhole. 

I agree with the no helmet thing when riding a ute slow down the trail however if it is going to stay the same then there will be no pics without helmets regardless of what type of riding. It has to be the same across the board.

FLORIDA MUD RIDER
VForcedave
Supreme Member

V TWIN FOR THE WIN.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2008, 09:49:41 AM »

Let the riders decide.

2004 Kaw Vforce 700 twin. Mine
2005 Honda Rancher 350 Kev Mans
2002 Yamaha 80 Raptor Kev Mans
2000 Jeep Wrangler 4" lift, 33's, winched
1988 Harley FXRP Dropped and chopped
2003 Chevy Duramax 100+K and still cruising. 18mpg.
GrizzlyGator

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2008, 10:05:27 AM »

Let the riders decide.

I agree...but I don't think your gonna make 1/2 the riders happy which ever way a vote would go.....as I said earlier I've been a member since 04' and didn't know the "no helmet pics allowed" rule but since its already in place i say keep it...it makes it that much easier??? That being said good luck to the moderator that gets hung with the pic censorship job  Sad that will be some time consuming fun  Roll Eyes

Still don't see why we can't put a big disclaimer up on everypage thats says Florida ATV promotes responsible riding *******no riding without helmets......no drinking and riding.......no riding 2-up unless machine was built for it********
 Dunno

jrpro130
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2008, 10:53:46 AM »

Now I understand the rule was implemented to portray a good image of the sport, but really, the people see it all. What difference does it make if I don't wear a helmet? I post pictures of having a GOOD TIME, isn't that what the sport is about? Maybe we can seperate the pictures from "racing" to "events".  And on the events page have a HUGE disclaimer that ATVFLA takes no part in these actions, nor condones them.

Just my .02c

08 Brute 750
Snorkel/Radiator Relocated, 29.5's, Muzzy, PCIII, UNI, and a few other custom mods
mrbones
Administrator
Supreme Member

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2008, 11:34:14 AM »

Good points everybody. Remember, the question is not if you should wear a helmet when you ride, but if we should allow and censor pictures of riders without helmets. It is not a law that you need to wear one, although most riding parks and tracks require them. There is no helmet law to wear a helmet while riding a motorcycle in Florida either.

Sometimes I feel we are missing out on some pretty interesting photos that could be posted on here. I know that I myself wear a helmet when I ride, but if someone else doesn't want to, I think it's their business.

The big disclaimer isn't a bad idea either. And yes, moderating these photos is very burdensome.

Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon
indianjoe
Supreme Member

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2008, 11:40:05 AM »

16 and under have to wear a helmet by law. Not an easy job for moderator however it comes out.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 11:41:46 AM by indianjoe » Logged
mrbones
Administrator
Supreme Member

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2008, 11:47:56 AM »

That's right. I forgot about that.

Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon
IXIswamperIXI
Supreme Member

Rich men use dollars, Common folks use sense

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2008, 12:26:16 PM »

not to change the subject... I never understood why we have to wear a seat belt but not a helmet, go figure.

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
zman03
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2008, 12:46:42 PM »

I voted to keep the rule but we should have a new section for those that strictly ride without gear and drink while riding so we can seperate them from the ones who dont drink and ride!        I personally never drink and ride and always wear my safety gear!    for those of you  who want to do the opposite let us know so we can stay away from a potential  accident waiting to happen.       dont get me wrong I got nothing against drinking, I just dont think it should be done while ridin cause with all those bumps you might spill your beer        just kiding, ridin is ridin and drinkin should be done at hooters

Youve gotta pin it to win it!
backinsaddle

« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2008, 12:49:02 PM »

My vote is no change.  We have the opportunity here to reinforce a positive image and show that we as atvers can be responsible.
GrizzlyGator

« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2008, 12:49:48 PM »

Boy has this thread stayed on target  Grin
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 01:04:07 PM by Can-AmGator » Logged
backinsaddle

« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2008, 12:56:05 PM »

Boy has this thread gone of target Huh

huh?  how so?
IXIswamperIXI
Supreme Member

Rich men use dollars, Common folks use sense

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2008, 01:05:29 PM »

well my coment was a little off.

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
1FasterBlaster

« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2008, 01:10:53 PM »

I don't see why pics shouldn't be able to be posted without helmets. I always wear one, but not everyone wants to. The choice is their's.
   Pics are just pics, they don't mean everyone does it. If someone gets hurt without a helmet, I just think to myself,"I'm glad I wear one."
   I agree certain conditions require helmets, but pics without don't mean anything.
   The disclaimer's are on the quads aren't they? Doesn't the new rule mandate 16 and under are required to wear them? Then there you go!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com