Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pics of riding without helmets  (Read 17867 times)
jrpro130
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2008, 08:53:14 AM »

Mods didn't delete the boob pic, it was mine, I took it off my photobucket.

I posted this in the other thread, but I don't know a single mud rider who wears a helmet while riding.  We are required to wear them when racing though.

08 Brute 750
Snorkel/Radiator Relocated, 29.5's, Muzzy, PCIII, UNI, and a few other custom mods
VForcedave
Supreme Member

V TWIN FOR THE WIN.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2008, 08:53:34 AM »

This is a good debate. We have a no helmet law in Florida. Which means let the rider decide. If you can ride 160 on a Busa with no helmet, whats the problem with a ute doing 25 or less in the mud. I do not know the answer. But the lines seem to be drawn like this: Riders who race and compete or retired racers seem to be Pro Helmet. People who ride utes, trail ride, drink and ride blah blah tend not to ride with helmets.

If the rules on this site say NO Helmetless pics, than thats this sites rules period.

I think we should let the rider decide. I am a firm beliver in less government in everything.

By the way, I ride a Harley and wear a helmet.      

2004 Kaw Vforce 700 twin. Mine
2005 Honda Rancher 350 Kev Mans
2002 Yamaha 80 Raptor Kev Mans
2000 Jeep Wrangler 4" lift, 33's, winched
1988 Harley FXRP Dropped and chopped
2003 Chevy Duramax 100+K and still cruising. 18mpg.
Anoriginal

« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2008, 08:58:40 AM »

I can't remember who posted it, but they hit it right on the proverbial head. If you ride without a helmet and you are injured as a result thereof whereby you become a ward of the state, my tax dollars go to support you and your family. In addition, I pay more in insurance costs. All of this equals more dollars out of my pocket. So, it is my business wether or not you wear a helmet. Therefore, I think you, me, everyone, should wear a helmet.

Just my .02.  Wink
GrizzlyGator

« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2008, 09:26:17 AM »

according to our site rules hear Paul you are going to have to delete at least a third of those pics.... because the ATV'ers were not wearing their helmets!!!!!! As a promoter of the sport and a user of this board you should turn that facility into a helmet only!!!!! park  Grin  Roll Eyes or we won't be able to let you post about the park here anymore  Sad 

http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,35383.new.html#new
AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2008, 10:49:36 AM »

"wards of the state from ATV injuries and your taxes?" Oh Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese! http://www.driveandstayalive.com/info%20section/statistics/stats-usa.htm

How many of our opponents look at the website, see ATVers wearing helmets, and then change their minds about us? However, I do agree with Florida law regarding children under 16.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 10:59:16 AM by AintSkeered » Logged

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group
jrpro130
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2008, 10:54:08 AM »

Anorigional, all the streetbikers who don't wear helmets is the same issue.  If you are 21 or over, it's your chioce.  In FL we have the no helmet law, so what is the difference on an ATV? I'm being serious, how does ME not wearing a helmet effect you? I have every right and choice to wear, or not wear, a helmet, weather that be on the street or dirt.  

I feel you should wear a helmet on the street, I always do.  I always wear a helmet on a sport atv, never on a ute unless I'm racing.  IMO it's impractical and useless, a helmet won't save your life if your pinned under 4 feet of water with a heavy ute on top of you, a scuba tank will Smiley  

I have seen many crashes, I'm a paramedic, and trust me, I'm the first one to wear a helmet when I see fit, but I will never wear one on a ute unless I'm racing or required to.

I may be undereducated about the subject, but you said "If you ride without a helmet and you are injured as a result thereof whereby you become a ward of the state, my tax dollars go to support you and your family. In addition, I pay more in insurance costs. All of this equals more dollars out of my pocket. So, it is my business wether or not you wear a helmet. Therefore, I think you, me, everyone, should wear a helmet."

I just don't understand.  How would me being injured effect you? I have health insurrance, so why would I need "support" from tax dollars? And how are you going to have to pay more for your insurrance?  I'm not trying to argue, because there is no argument, it's clear cut...I just don't understand  Grin

BTW, I don't think the people on this site, maybe besides me and a few select others, are the main problem.  It's the people that aren't on this site, the idiots racing down powerline roads and racing banshees on 8th street...thats the problem!

08 Brute 750
Snorkel/Radiator Relocated, 29.5's, Muzzy, PCIII, UNI, and a few other custom mods
Anoriginal

« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2008, 11:10:27 AM »

jrpro -

I understand where you are coming from and understand you're not arguing. I will explain more in detail what my comments mean.

The extra cost to me comes in the form of increased insurance costs as a result of the expense outlay by the insurance companies to pay for the care of the riders injured as  a result of not wearing a helmet.

In addition, the cost comes back to me in increased tax dollars. While many, if not most of the riders have insurance, plenty do not. In addition, those with insurance don't always get coverage depending on the activity involved. Also, even if coverage is available, it becomes a question of how much and for how long. So, as  you can see, if there is insufficient or no coverage, the tax payers get hit with the bill. To me, that's unacceptable to have to pay for someone's failure to protect themselves.

Anyway, I hope that better explains my position on it.  Wink
backinsaddle

« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2008, 12:39:58 PM »

Not only that, but become a quadriplegic without a job, do you think you're old company is going to keep paying your insurance premiums?  NO.  You have no job, so you can't afford insurance, so now the state takes care of you (i.e. my taxes).  and yes, the same applies to motorcycles (the no helmet law is the most moronic thing I've ever heard of). 

I don't care one way or the other if no helmet pics are posted, you want to be irresponsible and selfish, it's your prerogative.  My taxes really don't pay that much towards these issues.  However, what right to you have to leave a child/family behind because you were too proud/uncomfortable/stupid to wear safety gear, that just shows plain insensitivity and uncaring towards your family: "my comfort is more important than being there to provide for you"

"a helmet won't save your life if your pinned under 4 feet of water with a heavy ute on top of you", I guess your head is so thick, that if 600 lbs flips over on it, your skull will hold it up.

I understand the moderator issue of managing all these pics, but WE need to set the example.  Everytime someone gets hurt not wearing a helmet and it gets publicized, we get a black eye.  The opposition is not going to change there opinions because they see a website full of pics of riders wearing helmets, but I can assure you every time someone gets hurt not wearing one, it becomes more ammunition for them.

All I'm suggesting is that if rules are made, lets stick to them and apply them equally.
backwoods boy
Supreme Member

REBEL MOTORSPORTS

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2008, 02:04:02 PM »

i agree with whoever said just because we dont post there pics doesnt mean they are wearing helmets,i personally wear a helmet 90% of the time there are times when a helmet will NOT help you i.e. deep water because the bike floats but anyways there will always be morons in every sport example football people go out tailgating git wasted then drive home we could be perfect as a riding community and it wouldnt do jack the queer birdwatching tree hugging environmentalist is still gonna try to shut it all down because we arent like ''them''   

NObama08 '' nigga please its the WHITE house''
LIVE FAST-PLAY HARD-DIE LAUGHING
Anoriginal

« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2008, 02:34:30 PM »

Not only that, but become a quadriplegic without a job, do you think you're old company is going to keep paying your insurance premiums?  NO.  You have no job, so you can't afford insurance, so now the state takes care of you (i.e. my taxes).  and yes, the same applies to motorcycles (the no helmet law is the most moronic thing I've ever heard of). 

I don't care one way or the other if no helmet pics are posted, you want to be irresponsible and selfish, it's your prerogative.  My taxes really don't pay that much towards these issues.  However, what right to you have to leave a child/family behind because you were too proud/uncomfortable/stupid to wear safety gear, that just shows plain insensitivity and uncaring towards your family: "my comfort is more important than being there to provide for you"

"a helmet won't save your life if your pinned under 4 feet of water with a heavy ute on top of you", I guess your head is so thick, that if 600 lbs flips over on it, your skull will hold it up.

I understand the moderator issue of managing all these pics, but WE need to set the example.  Everytime someone gets hurt not wearing a helmet and it gets publicized, we get a black eye.  The opposition is not going to change there opinions because they see a website full of pics of riders wearing helmets, but I can assure you every time someone gets hurt not wearing one, it becomes more ammunition for them.

All I'm suggesting is that if rules are made, lets stick to them and apply them equally.

Clapper
jrpro130
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2008, 05:09:46 PM »

Thanks anorigional, I got it.

Backinsaddle, I'll take my chances. I have yet to see someone get hurt bad on a 4x4, yet I've seen over a hundred on dirtbikes and sport atvs...the facts are the facts. Rather be sorry than safe I guess...but I don't need to explain myself, my choice is my choice.  We will slowly end up migrating to the other site that "allows everything".  I just thought some other people would enjoy my pictures of having a great time at a mudding event.  I already had the fun...I am just sharing my pictures with others.

08 Brute 750
Chillinthemost
Supreme Member

Git it rag

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2008, 05:31:37 PM »

Not wearing a helmet while wallowing around in a mud hole or while hunting is one thing but todays utility bikes are not what they were a few years ago. 700 to 1000cc machines that weight 600 to 800 lbs and can out accelerate a lot of sport bikes and run over 70 mph is a little different, and those that ride these machines ride them like sport bikes, hauling azz, riding wheelies and jumping. They may go slow in the mud hole but what about between them?
  I say only allow helmetless pics of women.

YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12
Anoriginal

« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2008, 05:38:51 PM »

"wards of the state from ATV injuries and your taxes?" Oh Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese! http://www.driveandstayalive.com/info%20section/statistics/stats-usa.htm

How many of our opponents look at the website, see ATVers wearing helmets, and then change their minds about us? However, I do agree with Florida law regarding children under 16.

Um, what?
AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2008, 06:03:16 PM »

Would you old farts please stop protecting me from myself! If not, ban autos, motorcycles, swimming, bicycling(especially on public roads), going outside on a sunny day, hill climbing, football, etc..   

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group
grizzlefoshizzle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2008, 06:14:20 PM »

i say let people choose wether they want to or not they wreck and get hurt with no helmet on yet still go back to riding then its there choice to pick helmet or no helmet again but whse a dumbass and wrecks with no helmet then after that doesnt get taught a lesson and goes for no helmet again what im sayin is one wreck changes the way people think of helmets drastically

[><]

2007 Yamaha Grizzly 450
stock
2005 Arctic Cat 250
3.0 Winch
25" mudslingers
trx#9
Supreme Member

Manager at Seaman's Sausage House and Adult Movies

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2008, 06:40:11 PM »

I guess you don't need to wear a brain bucket if you don't have a brain. Don't Beaatch when they ban ATV's or ban our riding area's due to riders getting hurt and being to much of a liability. Do you think croom would be open today if they didn't have helmet laws. Why do you think the government is making you take an ATV trainers class before buying a quad now.

"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
 Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!
wheelie_boy
Supreme Member

Its Fast

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2008, 07:36:44 PM »

I will agree with you backinthesaddle & Fox17 but what about the rest of the safety equipment let see goggles for your eyes chin proctor long sleeve shirt for the sun and trees chest guard, gloves, shin guards, knee pads, motocross boots,back brace, or kidney belt, and for sidebysides full seat harness also safety shut off in case we fall off. OR we could get some  brains think about what we are doing riding off road in the woods where anything could happen so think it out before you do it dont drink to much beer and don't let your guard down. BUT I know a lot people wont do that so you can give them advise and let them decide what to do and if you do it the right way instead of negative yack I thing it will work P.S. I may be wrong but I have never seen a outrite photo of boobies flashed on the site my 2 cents.

i do agree that we should wear all the gear available but the kidney belt, knee guards and elbow gaurds are not near as important as a helmet. goggles, yes, chest protector, yes. but, were talking spilt brains all over the trail or a bruised or broken knee or elbow. the kidney belt is for a sore back. now, i do agree with you but people need to at least wear a helmet and goggles. the other stuff isnt as much life or death as the helmet.

now, the drinking, you dont want me to start there. there was a moron in SE one day with a bud light in one hand the throttle in the other, a 10-12 year old on the back of the quad. both had goggles, neither had helmets, one was shirtless, both had shorts and tennis shoes on. and they were on a raptor 660. wtf? somebody needs to shoot that scum bag. first for the danger his kid was in and second for being so friggin stupid.

If you shot that guy wouldn't that negate the point of wearing a helmet? Huh 

05 kx 250f
crom A zone
Supreme Member

you all wish you where me

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2008, 07:38:15 PM »

they make you take class to get money from it duhhhhh   what kinda ? is that   when i bought both my ATVs they gave me safety videos  yep there still in the paper never opened

jrpro is right  and mra  is wrong i got better  health coverage   than you and your family  the people living of your tax dollars are the guys in jail,  that should just be  on death row and not sit life with no patrol.  Also what about the illegals  that jump border to be here  with no job or anything   but u can bet when they get hurt hospital fix them up.  when i get hurt   they take my health card and and give me a bill.    

ALL I CAN SAY  I NEVER EVER EVER   WEAR A HELMAT AND PROUD OF IT!  THE ONLY TIME I DO IS WHEN I HAVE TO BECAUSE OF A  RACE OTHER THAN THAT U SEE ME WITH COLD DRINK ON MY BIKE   WEATHER ITS MY 2WD OR MY 4X4  (yes my 2wd   is very very fast too)

2008 brute force 750

30inch itp mulite xxl on ss108s
rad reloated and mimb snorkles
gold/red epi clutch springs
hl springs and extream 2inch lift
grizzlefoshizzle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2008, 08:01:05 PM »

agreed the hell with this bull sh*t because the people without helmets still pay these taxes so it riders choice just stop all the stupid sh*t on this thread and close it

[><]

2007 Yamaha Grizzly 450
stock
2005 Arctic Cat 250
3.0 Winch
25" mudslingers
klutchbuster400
Supreme Member

Cuz the chicks dig it.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2008, 08:02:25 PM »

they make you take class to get money from it duhhhhh   what kinda ? is that   when i bought both my ATVs they gave me safety videos  yep there still in the paper never opened

jrpro is right  and mra  is wrong i got better  health coverage   than you and your family  the people living of your tax dollars are the guys in jail,  that should just be  on death row and not sit life with no patrol.  Also what about the illegals  that jump border to be here  with no job or anything   but u can bet when they get hurt hospital fix them up.  when i get hurt   they take my health card and and give me a bill.    

ALL I CAN SAY  I NEVER EVER EVER   WEAR A HELMAT AND PROUD OF IT!  THE ONLY TIME I DO IS WHEN I HAVE TO BECAUSE OF A  RACE OTHER THAN THAT U SEE ME WITH COLD DRINK ON MY BIKE   WEATHER ITS MY 2WD OR MY 4X4  (yes my 2wd   is very very fast too)
I'm pretty sure they actually pay YOU to take the class. $250 I think.
Chevy1500z71
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2008, 08:32:17 PM »

ALL I CAN SAY  I NEVER EVER EVER   WEAR A HELMAT AND PROUD OF IT!  THE ONLY TIME I DO IS WHEN I HAVE TO BECAUSE OF A  RACE OTHER THAN THAT U SEE ME WITH COLD DRINK ON MY BIKE   WEATHER ITS MY 2WD OR MY 4X4  (yes my 2wd   is very very fast too)

and your the guy who gives us all a bad name. i think its stupid to not alow pictures with no helmets becasue their are occasions were a helmet isn't really needed, but 99% of the time i ride, i have a helmet and boots at least.
Anoriginal

« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2008, 09:59:18 PM »

Don't forget, it was injury related issues that made three wheelers a thing of the past. Injury related issues driven by perception.  Sad
trx#9
Supreme Member

Manager at Seaman's Sausage House and Adult Movies

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: September 03, 2008, 10:36:37 PM »

Don't forget, it was injury related issues that made three wheelers a thing of the past. Injury related issues driven by perception.  Sad
History always seems to repeat itself. Undecided

"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
 Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!
Anoriginal

« Reply #48 on: September 03, 2008, 10:40:13 PM »

History always seems to repeat itself. Undecided

So sad...but so true.
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: September 04, 2008, 12:45:31 AM »

i really dont care if someone isnt wearing one and gets hurt. it just makes us as riders in general look bad. if they get hurt or killed, its not my problem. our local spot was shut down cause some nigga was riding a banshee with no helmet and hit a ditch that he didnt see. he was extremely hurt, and probably died. i never heard. that was the nail in the coffin for our spot here.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com