Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sick isn't it?  (Read 63169 times)
Honda328i
Supreme Member

I do my own stunts

View Profile

Ignore
« on: June 02, 2005, 05:26:43 PM »

http://www.boycottford.com/

read and decide for yourself

bigb

need a ride..........BAD

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2005, 05:36:56 PM »

i don't know if "sick" is the right word. it may be disturbing to some but hey, look the other way.

accepting donations in the form of a quad.
Chuck_Norris

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2005, 06:07:27 PM »

I WORK FOR FORD BUT I DONT AGREE WITH EVERYTHING THAT GOES ON. BELOW IS THE RESPONSE FOR THE BOYCOTT : FOR THE RECORD I STAND FOR TRADITIONAL MARRIAGE VALUES WITH THESE FOLKS
http://florida4marriage.org/
LEVITICUS 20:13

Ford's Response to American Family Association's Boycott

Dearborn, Mich., May 31 – [The following statement is attributable to Joe Laymon, Ford Motor Company group vice president, Corporate Human Resources and Labor Affairs, in response to the American Family Association's boycott of Ford products.]

"Ford Motor Company values diversity among all of its constituents. The Company prides itself on strong and clear values – respect for our customers, communities, employees, suppliers and dealers; acceptance of our differences; inclusion of different people with different perspectives; and integrity to always do the right thing. Ford values all people – regardless of their race, religion, gender, sexual orientation and cultural or physical differences. And we are glad to see that this spirit of inclusion is evident in the practices of other automakers who do business in this country as well. It is one of the things that makes us proud to be part of the auto industry."
Go to http://media.ford.com for news releases and high-resolution photographs.
Q&A
FORD'S RESPONSE TO AMERICAN FAMILY ASSOCIATION'S
BOYCOTT
[Situation: On May 31, the American Family Association launched a boycott against Ford
products and Ford dealers due to the Company's diversity policy and its support of various gay,
lesbian and transgender events. The Company has issued a formal statement in response, which
is attributable to Joe Laymon, group vice president, Corporate Human Resources and Labor
Affairs.]
Main Messages:
Ford Motor Company values diversity among all of its constituents. The Company prides itself on strong
and clear values – respect for our customers, communities, employees, suppliers and dealers; acceptance
of our differences; inclusion of different people with different perspectives; and integrity to always do the
right thing. Ford values all people – regardless of their race, religion, gender, sexual orientation and
cultural or physical differences. And we are glad to see that this spirit of inclusion is evident in the
practices of other automakers who do business in this country as well. It is one of the things that makes
us proud to be part of the auto industry.
Q. Does Ford support homosexual marriage?
A. Ford Motor Company supports diversity, which means being respectful and inclusive,
accepting differences and valuing all people – regardless of their race, religion, gender, sexual
orientation and cultural or physical differences. This simply is our corporate philosophy, not a
stance in any public policy debate.
Q. How does Ford feel about the boycott spearheaded by American Family Association?
A. At Ford, valuing diversity among its various employees, customers, dealers, suppliers, etc.,
is extremely important. The Company believes it is essential to be respectful, inclusive and
accepting of different people with different perspectives. This also includes being respectful of
different opinions.
Go to http://media.ford.com for news releases and high-resolution photographs.
Q. How do you respond to the specific accusations the AFA presents on their Web site?
A. While we do not intend to rebut the AFA on each of the items they raise, there are a couple
of points worth noting:
· The AFA points to the fact that Ford has been on the DiversityInc "Top 50 Companies
for Diversity" list in each of the four years the rankings have been published. That is
true, and we're proud of it.
· The AFA claims that Ford held the first automotive conference aimed at bringing
diversity to the car industry. They claim that diversity is a code word for homosexuality.
Actually, diversity is about being respectful and inclusive of all people – it is much
broader than sexual orientation.
· The AFA points to Ford's 100 percent score on this year's Human Rights Campaign's
Corporate Equality Index. This index is a review of how America's largest companies
treat their lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender employees, consumers and investors.
We are proud that we're being recognized for treating those constituencies fairly.
Q. Why does Ford offer same-sex domestic partner benefits? You must support
homosexual marriage if you offer those.
A. Providing these benefits does not mean we are taking a stand on this public policy debate.
Rather, it is a matter of fairness to our employees. It represents a business decision that is at the
foundation of offering an inclusive environment.
Q. Does Ford have any internal organizations that support the gay and lesbian lifestyle?
A. Ford has ten Employee Resource Groups available for employee participation. One of
them is Ford Gay, Lesbian, or Transgender Employees (GLOBE). Others include the Ford
Parenting Network, Professional Women's Network, Ford Employees Dealing with DisAbilities,
Ford Chinese Association, Ford Hispanic Network Group, Ford Employees African Ancestry
Network, Ford Asian Indian Association, Ford Interfaith Network and the Middle Eastern
Community at Ford Motor Company.
Q. What role does GLOBE play within the company?
A. As one of ten Employee Resource Groups, GLOBE helps Ford create an inclusive
environment. For example, GLOBE served as a consultant to the company when health care
benefits were extended to same-sex domestic partners.
May 31, 2005 ###

« Last Edit: June 02, 2005, 06:27:41 PM by Chuck_Norris » Logged
bigb

need a ride..........BAD

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2005, 06:23:07 PM »

well if two people care for one another and want to spend the rest of their lives together than why does any one else give a sh-it? people need to mind their own business and evolve already.

96 warrior

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2005, 06:39:10 PM »

its the volvo and mazda divisons Grin lol

96 (and a 98) warrior
bigb

need a ride..........BAD

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2005, 06:52:39 PM »

its the volvo and mazda divisons Grin lol

hahahahahababahabhabahahahahah!..... good stuff.

cain73
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2005, 07:42:08 PM »

evolve? Some of us are willing to stand up for what is right. I remember years ago gays and lesbians just wanted to be left alone. then it was they wanted it taught as "alternative" lifestyle. and now they want benefits and the right to be legally wed. We need to stand up now simply take the path of least resistance.

floridaatv.com come join the fun
gery350
Supreme Member

no guts, no glory

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2005, 07:57:57 PM »

i'll tell you what ford supports.-THE BOTTOM LINE.
if they can sell more cars by gaining the gay vote than so be it.

no wonder ford trucks are number one in sales, all the homos are buying them.

hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif
klutchbuster400
Supreme Member

Cuz the chicks dig it.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2005, 08:57:19 PM »

you have NO idea what you started
Numkut

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2005, 09:33:13 PM »

Don't want to be mean but I dislike any rights/privlages anythin that homosexuals get. I think its gross and I disagree w/ it. Just my opinion.

2Raptors

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2005, 09:36:37 PM »

That would explain the Escape Hybrid Shocked.  The 06's will probably come with a rainbow sticker option.
CABLEGUY1
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2005, 09:52:38 PM »

real men drive Chevy
bluesman
Supreme Member

03 ds650baja/03kfx 400/ 03kfx 450

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2005, 10:08:53 PM »

lol Cool
gery350
Supreme Member

no guts, no glory

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2005, 10:23:41 PM »

chuck you crack me up. i knew i'd get a rise out of you when i posted this. its all good bud. i'm sitting here laughing. Grin

setting aside our "who has the better truck" opinion i agree with your comments i think this politically correct horsecrap has gone too far. evryones afraid of hurting someones feeling or getting sued. whatever happened to the first ammendment-"FREEDOM OF SPEECH"
« Last Edit: June 02, 2005, 10:30:46 PM by gery350 » Logged

hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif
Honda328i
Supreme Member

I do my own stunts

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2005, 12:09:14 AM »

Chuck, thanks for posting Ford's "official statement".  Dealers like your's must be taking a lot of flack over this.  What I think is sick about it is that Ford is exploiting a detestable lifestyle to make money.  Then they use clever words to make it sound like it is OK.  Ford is far from being neutral on this one, they are actively promiting an agenda. 

Recently, a boycott of Proctor and Gamble pressured the company to change several of their policies and resulted in the resignation of one company official.  When companies see that it is hurting the bottom line, amazingly they start to get it.

Sadly, many people are trapped in this destructive and often deadly lifestyle, many want to get out.  One of our pastors is president of this organization:  http://exodus.to/default2.asp

cain73
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2005, 02:24:59 AM »

Since we're on the subject... Disney was one of the first to offer benefits for same sex couples. They even have a gay day. Now that's sick ! Just imagine how you would feel if you didn't realize their homo parade was and they all showed up after you had paid your huge entry fee  Angry. It's a shame that an American legacy that is recognized around the globe supports such practices and life styles. Add them to the boycot list - near the top.

If I had been aware of Ford's stance onthe matter I would have avoided buying my Mustang for just that reason.
Don't even start Cableguy... I also own a chevy  Tahoe !
At least you and I agree on the brand of ATV (but red is the men's color there !) 

Hey Mr tally man tally his banana !  Grin

floridaatv.com come join the fun
bigsteve

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2005, 05:37:13 AM »

I work for Tropicana which is owened by PepsiCo. They support just about the same issuses that Ford does.

What really bothers me is fact about our medical insurance, they won't cover hedrosexual grilfriend & boyfriends that live to gether and been together for some time.

But they cover homosexual partners by their medical insurance.  Shocked AngryHuh

But in my opinion it has more to do with PepsiCo than it does with Tropicana.
So please don't stop buying Tropicana products. Like Chuck_Norris I to need to pay my bills and give the support my family needs.

"IT'S OK TO BE CRAZY! JUST DON'T LET IT DRIVE YOU INSANE!
04 CRF 80
05 LTZ 250
05 KFX 100
05 KFX700 (You know GREEN is faster so don't ask!)
03 Mojave
04 CRF 250
07 RMZ 250
05 DRZ 400
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2005, 07:12:18 AM »

Sadly, many people are trapped in this destructive and often deadly lifestyle, many want to get out. 

I'm trapped in a destructive and sometimes deadly lifestyle, but I don't want out,,,,,,I just can't seem to take my hands off of my big, red, pumping......

HONDA.  Grin

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
Chuck_Norris

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2005, 07:45:49 AM »

I had an Educated comment to make then the Redneck in me took over and started to get pretty rude. ultimately it would be best if I just said that that comment does not warrant discussion, you obviously are way off target.all brand Loyalty set aside FORD pays my bills but  Let me just say for the record I am sickened to the point of quitting my job because of it but you know something, it is the legislative weeneres that cave into this special interest garbage to earn Votes and get their agenda passed. you think for one minute that FORD is the only company responsible for this type of activity you need to check yourself and the employer you work for. go ask them their poilcy for Homosexuals and or religious practices. I bet you will actually get the dont say dont know speech or something similar in legal jargen like " we are a diversified organization and we dont dicriminate against race creed, religion or Sexual orientation" I SAY AHHH HORSE PUCKY they are just flat out  LAW SUITE SCARED in the sue happy world that we live in, that  someone who is living a life describe by the BIBLE as an abomination before GOD  might get their're Feelings hurt. decentcy in AMERICA has become a minority.
big-daddy
Defender of the secret society!
Supreme Member

Home of the Brave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2005, 08:07:49 AM »

It started with Adam and Eve, Not Adam and Steve  Undecided

I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member
apkkfx400

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2005, 09:12:49 AM »

Let's all believe in 1 God-because your God is my God and that's the right God.  Let's not have an original thought/idea and live everyday by the good book and believe everything our government says.  Let's put a halt to stem cell research and kill all the gays.

See ya at church on Sunday.

Health care/insurance premiums are at an all time high and no vision or word has been seen/heard on correcting this.  I seriously doubt one of the reasons gay people want to marry is for the benefits.  Hell, I was paying less before I got married and had a kid-Am I being penalized for living a heterosexual lifestyle?
wheelie_boy
Supreme Member

Its Fast

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2005, 11:00:49 AM »

LOL Grin Grin Grin

05 kx 250f
TRX350_On_The_Rack
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2005, 11:27:51 AM »

When it comes to business it's all about the money. There will always be gays and they, like us, tend to work and pay for goods. Ford is just bringing in the buck. I'm more concerned with Wal-Mart's business model that most corporations are mimicing, that is driving down wages for American workers, but that's another post.

Honda328i
Supreme Member

I do my own stunts

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2005, 01:11:21 PM »

Sadly, many people are trapped in this destructive and often deadly lifestyle, many want to get out. 

I'm trapped in a destructive and sometimes deadly lifestyle, but I don't want out,,,,,,I just can't seem to take my hands off of my big, red, pumping......

HONDA.  Grin

Id@

Id@, you're a riot, LMAO.  Grin Wanna get our Reds together sometime in the forest?   Grin

Old_School
Supreme Member

It ain't fast without mixed gas....

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2005, 01:23:04 PM »

real men drive Chevy

If they're real men then why does a real man parade round a Winston Cup Circuit with RAINBOW colors on his car and nicknamed "The Rainbow Warrior?  Grin Wink jfwy.

Like someone said earlier car manufactors are all focused on making money and nothing, I repeat nothing else. If it doesn't make them money coughcamarocough they can it. Wink  This is just another marketing scheme. I'll be you they won't continue to support adam and steve if it doesn't boost sales.

Actually I DO support same sex marriages.......
But only if both chicks are hot!!!  Grin             -Mark

90' LT500R Quadzilla
Breathing fire and crushing cities

92' LT250R Quadracer
Some stuff done. 75+mph (Sold)

"When this baby hits 88 mph, you're gonna see some serious $%#!" - Christopher Lloyd
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com