Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: excited for gator football  (Read 12922 times)
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2008, 11:52:58 AM »

From what I have read and seen about the game yesterday, Meyer doesn't plan to use Tebow as a running back as much. That being said, the team has more potential big play makers than just him or Harvin, and considering Harvin didn't play yesterday, they look like national title contenders right now. Last year Hawaii was good enough for a Sugar Bowl bid and put up numbers that were impressive. So even though the 'Canes may have had a good recruiting year (top 5), they will have to worry first about the defense then about the offense. The defense looked the best I've seen in years. Special teams are capable of good things too. With James returning kick offs and punts, he can break for the end zone anytime he touches the ball. This is shaping up to be a fun year for Florida Football fans.
GO GATORS

LMAO !!   First I am a Canes fan and I don't live on fantasy island.  I know the Gators will most likely win and I know it will be another year or two or three until the recruiting pays off for the Canes but I just hope that that game is somewhat close (atleast for a few quarters). 

With that being said, yall sure are making huge predictions (national title) after just ONE game.  Do you realize Hawaii lost a ton of players and isn't even a shadow of the team it was last year.  Furthermore, Hawaii dominated the first quarter and should have gone up 7-0 if not for an inexperienced QB who overthrew a wide open receiver in the end zone.  Tebow had a lackluster game.  You think they can play that way against Georgia, Auburn, and LSU ?  You are craaaaaazy.  Florida has a potent offense no doubt about it, but their defense is still very suspect.  You can't judge much off a win over Hawaii (and not the same Hawaii team from the Sugar Bowl last year).  Get a few SEC wins under your belt before you start chanting National Title LOL. 

I LOVE COLLEGE FOOTBALL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tebow will not win the heisman again i dont think. he will not put up the numbers. did you see the game? theres james, cooper, demps, harvin is back, casey, moore, tebow, rainey, murphy, holiday had a good game etc. out of those, there are 5 or 6 that if on a team with no one else couls be a heisman candidate. problem is, theyre all together, that poses a problem for the heisman hopes, and for other teams. they will score alot of points, they can power run the ball, they can throw the ball, they can use the option, they can put in speed rb and run the ball, they score on special teams, they score on defense. if the defense is just a little better than last year, they are championship contenders. but, i do agree, we cannot judge by hawaii. they sucked. their qb almost looked like he was throwing the game with some of those passes. we will see the 20th what theyre made of, but for now, im gonna enjoy watching them open up a can of whoop ass on these 2 chump teams we started with.
yfz122
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2008, 12:17:35 PM »

I didn't have time to watch any of week one. I am a huge Wolverine fan and I think they are screwed for many years to come. Obviously my team has lots of issues and there is no way I could ever route for any other Big Ten team(especially ohio state and their weasel coach).So if the Wolverines can't get it done I guess it's go Gators.

Next thing you know they'll take my thoughts away
MudMan
Supreme Member

How Deep Is Too Deep ?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2008, 12:59:40 PM »

From what I have read and seen about the game yesterday, Meyer doesn't plan to use Tebow as a running back as much. That being said, the team has more potential big play makers than just him or Harvin, and considering Harvin didn't play yesterday, they look like national title contenders right now. Last year Hawaii was good enough for a Sugar Bowl bid and put up numbers that were impressive. So even though the 'Canes may have had a good recruiting year (top 5), they will have to worry first about the defense then about the offense. The defense looked the best I've seen in years. Special teams are capable of good things too. With James returning kick offs and punts, he can break for the end zone anytime he touches the ball. This is shaping up to be a fun year for Florida Football fans.
GO GATORS

LMAO !!   First I am a Canes fan and I don't live on fantasy island.  I know the Gators will most likely win and I know it will be another year or two or three until the recruiting pays off for the Canes but I just hope that that game is somewhat close (atleast for a few quarters). 

With that being said, yall sure are making huge predictions (national title) after just ONE game.  Do you realize Hawaii lost a ton of players and isn't even a shadow of the team it was last year.  Furthermore, Hawaii dominated the first quarter and should have gone up 7-0 if not for an inexperienced QB who overthrew a wide open receiver in the end zone.  Tebow had a lackluster game.  You think they can play that way against Georgia, Auburn, and LSU ?  You are craaaaaazy.  Florida has a potent offense no doubt about it, but their defense is still very suspect.  You can't judge much off a win over Hawaii (and not the same Hawaii team from the Sugar Bowl last year).  Get a few SEC wins under your belt before you start chanting National Title LOL. 

Well, I do believe that some 'Cane fan was making predictions. And, yes, we know Hawaii lost some of its players. However, if the recruiting is consistent and the coach worth his salary they shouldn't have taken the pounding they did. And let's see, no score for either team in the first quarter, then 28 unanswered points in the second and third quarters. Plus apparently you don't read the papers or listen to sports-newscasters because when they talked to Meyer and Tebow both said something about Tebow not being a fullback too much this season. Don't think for a minute that he can't put up the numbers and won't because he is tons better than most out there.
As for Tenn., LSU, Auburn and Ga., the SEC consistently has more teams in the top 10, 25 and in more bowl games that any other conference with the possible exception of the Big 10. The ACC has maybe 2 and the Ind's have maybe 2 or 3. I remember when both Miami and Free Shoes University were being courted by the SEC to join the conference an Bowden told them the they wanted to win conference championships. I believe Miami was saying something similar. Pretty sad when they don't want the possibility of having their butt's handed to them. We will see what UM may have for the Gators but I'm not holding my breath! lol
GO GATORS

I'm not sure what Cane fan you are talking about making predictions but it wasn't me, you should think before you type.  In fact, I stated that UM would not win the game but hoped that it would atleast be somewhat close.  You remind me of the typical Gator fan who can't stand the least bit of criticism or skepticism LOL.  So sad.  Coaching and recruiting aside, Hawaii is not even a top 30 team, maybe not even top 50, so you can judge nothing with a win over them. 

As far as your rant about the SEC....dude chill out lol.  I never said anything about the SEC being weak.  In fact, if you learn to read you will recall that I pointed out how strong the SEC is and that's why Florida (or anyone else in the SEC) will have a hard time going undefeated.  Remember, only one team from the SEC can play for the national title. 

And I apologize for anything said about your beloved Tebow (I do think you have a crush on him though)

And lastly, you can say what you want about UM but they have beaten Florida the last 6 times they played and it was UF who decided to stop playing UM because they were getting their butts handed to them !   So I can deal with a loss this year, I'll take UM's 5 national titles and be patient.   Everything comes full circle. 

GO CANES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (<<< official Gator Hater)   LMAO
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 01:02:15 PM by MudMan » Logged

2006 Honda Foreman
26 inch swamp lites
ITP black series 7 rims
Triangle snorkel
Custom Waterproof Stereo

:::LET IT EAT:::
cutngrs
Supreme Member

PUT UP $$$ OR SHUT THE HELL UP

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2008, 01:38:49 PM »

GO MIAMI Cool

THE ORANGE CRUSH BANSHEE  
WWW.MYBANSHEE/IS/FASTER/THAN/YOURS.COM
IF YOU WANT TO RUN WITH THE BIG DOGS GIVE US A CALL
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2008, 01:51:20 PM »

GO GATORS

Well, I do believe that some 'Cane fan was making predictions. And, yes, we know Hawaii lost some of its players. However, if the recruiting is consistent and the coach worth his salary they shouldn't have taken the pounding they did. And let's see, no score for either team in the first quarter, then 28 unanswered points in the second and third quarters. Plus apparently you don't read the papers or listen to sports-newscasters because when they talked to Meyer and Tebow both said something about Tebow not being a fullback too much this season. Don't think for a minute that he can't put up the numbers and won't because he is tons better than most out there.
As for Tenn., LSU, Auburn and Ga., the SEC consistently has more teams in the top 10, 25 and in more bowl games that any other conference with the possible exception of the Big 10. The ACC has maybe 2 and the Ind's have maybe 2 or 3. I remember when both Miami and Free Shoes University were being courted by the SEC to join the conference an Bowden told them the they wanted to win conference championships. I believe Miami was saying something similar. Pretty sad when they don't want the possibility of having their butt's handed to them. We will see what UM may have for the Gators but I'm not holding my breath! lol
GO GATORS

I'm not sure what Cane fan you are talking about making predictions but it wasn't me, you should think before you type.  In fact, I stated that UM would not win the game but hoped that it would atleast be somewhat close.  You remind me of the typical Gator fan who can't stand the least bit of criticism or skepticism LOL.  So sad.  Coaching and recruiting aside, Hawaii is not even a top 30 team, maybe not even top 50, so you can judge nothing with a win over them. 

As far as your rant about the SEC....dude chill out lol.  I never said anything about the SEC being weak.  In fact, if you learn to read you will recall that I pointed out how strong the SEC is and that's why Florida (or anyone else in the SEC) will have a hard time going undefeated.  Remember, only one team from the SEC can play for the national title. 

And I apologize for anything said about your beloved Tebow (I do think you have a crush on him though)

And lastly, you can say what you want about UM but they have beaten Florida the last 6 times they played and it was UF who decided to stop playing UM because they were getting their butts handed to them !   So I can deal with a loss this year, I'll take UM's 5 national titles and be patient.   Everything comes full circle. 

yea, our luck, the Gators will beat Ga and lose to LSU, Ga will beat LSU and lose to Fl, and LSU will beat FL but lose to Ga. then ohio friggin state will go and play someone not from the SEC and will win.

as for Fl losing to miami, the last 2 times we had a excuse, ron zook.
MudMan
Supreme Member

How Deep Is Too Deep ?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2008, 03:03:22 PM »

GO GATORS

GO GATORS

yea, our luck, the Gators will beat Ga and lose to LSU, Ga will beat LSU and lose to Fl, and LSU will beat FL but lose to Ga. then ohio friggin state will go and play someone not from the SEC and will win.

as for Fl losing to miami, the last 2 times we had a excuse, ron zook.

LOL....fair enough.  The SEC is crazy like that, you just never know.  And I HATE HATE HATE Ohio State.  Did I mention I hate them ?  LOL

2006 Honda Foreman
26 inch swamp lites
ITP black series 7 rims
Triangle snorkel
Custom Waterproof Stereo

Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2008, 11:27:58 PM »

i understand that. they stole that title from you guys. lol. i watched that whole game and remember it real good. at that time i was goin for osu cause you guys beat us that year if im not mistaken. that was 02 right? i would never go for osu again.
yfz122
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2008, 11:39:54 PM »

I was taught to hate OSU from birth.  Evil

Next thing you know they'll take my thoughts away
stgsali
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2008, 08:08:51 AM »

Mudman,
I was merely pointing out that you are what is wrong with some fans. lol You can have delusions of grandeur all you want. As far as this, "And I apologize for anything said about your beloved Tebow (I do think you have a crush on him though)", I don't share your latent tendencies. lol Anyway, have fun and we will see what is in store for UM after the so called building years.
GO GATORS!

Photographs, Number-plate designs, Logos

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.
cybercop106

just my old Prairie 4x4

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2008, 10:27:17 AM »

I moved down here from Missouri, where I was a single parent and worked for the Univ of MO (No. 6 AP ranked 'Mizzou Tigers' - Big 12 North Division Champs) Police Dept. I didn't even watch a single football game. They were 12 and 2 in regular season last year, both losses to the Oklahoma Sooners (ranked No. 4 AP)........

But anyway, I married a lady who works at FSU and now I have to pretend like I'm rooting for the Noles. Looks like they got their a$$ handed to them by U of F last year, so I imagine this year people will be losing their minds come November 29th.   
Well, maybe now that I'm retired I'll actually have the TIME to follow sports.........

Speaking of "Gators", do you think they'll pick a team from the Big 12 for the Gator Bowl this season? 

Sometimes paranoia is just a precautionary measure.

=============================
99 Prairie 400 4x4
01 F150 4x4
MudMan
Supreme Member

How Deep Is Too Deep ?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2008, 11:31:58 AM »

Mudman,
I was merely pointing out that you are what is wrong with some fans. lol You can have delusions of grandeur all you want. As far as this, "And I apologize for anything said about your beloved Tebow (I do think you have a crush on him though)", I don't share your latent tendencies. lol Anyway, have fun and we will see what is in store for UM after the so called building years.
GO GATORS!

Care to point out what exactly is wrong with me as a fan ?  I'm not allowed to stick by my team even when times are tough ?  You should really do more thinking before those fingers hit the keyboard man....im just trying to help lol.  I do like how you avoided my rebuttal to your previous statement, I'll just take it as you stand corrected. 

I can handle the rebuilding years, every team goes through it.  But if you think that UM will never get back to the top 10 glory days then I guess that is your opinion.  But considering their record last year and they still pulled off a top 5 recruiting class, I'd say things are looking pretty good.  But your the expert LOL. 

GO CANES !!!!

2006 Honda Foreman
26 inch swamp lites
ITP black series 7 rims
Triangle snorkel
Custom Waterproof Stereo

cutngrs
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2008, 11:48:36 AM »

when was the last time the gators beat miami     

THE ORANGE CRUSH BANSHEE  
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2008, 12:08:05 PM »

I moved down here from Missouri, where I was a single parent and worked for the Univ of MO (No. 6 AP ranked 'Mizzou Tigers' - Big 12 North Division Champs) Police Dept. I didn't even watch a single football game. They were 12 and 2 in regular season last year, both losses to the Oklahoma Sooners (ranked No. 4 AP)........

But anyway, I married a lady who works at FSU and now I have to pretend like I'm rooting for the Noles. Looks like they got their a$$ handed to them by U of F last year, so I imagine this year people will be losing their minds come November 29th.   
Well, maybe now that I'm retired I'll actually have the TIME to follow sports.........

Speaking of "Gators", do you think they'll pick a team from the Big 12 for the Gator Bowl this season? 

lol, who cares bout the toilet i mean gator bowl. if its not the championship game its not good.
PHN

I am a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2008, 12:09:20 PM »

Tomorrow!!!!
MudMan
Supreme Member

How Deep Is Too Deep ?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2008, 12:11:20 PM »

Tomorrow!!!!

NEVER !!!!!!!!!!!    Canes win 21-20...........UF misses last second field goal.....WIDE RIGHT....WIDE RIGHT

2006 Honda Foreman
26 inch swamp lites
ITP black series 7 rims
Triangle snorkel
Custom Waterproof Stereo

PHN

I am a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2008, 12:17:47 PM »

Just say "NO" to crack .....!!!

if that's allowed in Miami....??

« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 12:21:40 PM by PHN » Logged
MudMan
Supreme Member

How Deep Is Too Deep ?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2008, 12:22:07 PM »

Just say "NO" to crack .....!!!

but its so much more fun to say YES

if your going to talk about Miami....you need to write in spanish LOL

2006 Honda Foreman
26 inch swamp lites
ITP black series 7 rims
Triangle snorkel
Custom Waterproof Stereo

cutngrs
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2008, 02:04:47 PM »

September 7, 1985

Florida 35 Miami 23

It was 1985, even though the two have only played six times since. and the gators lost all 6 and then refused to play Miami any more in regular season  23 years ago  Shocked wow
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 03:10:44 PM by cutngrs » Logged

THE ORANGE CRUSH BANSHEE  
MudMan
Supreme Member

How Deep Is Too Deep ?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2008, 04:27:33 PM »

September 7, 1985

Florida 35 Miami 23

It was 1985, even though the two have only played six times since. and the gators lost all 6 and then refused to play Miami any more in regular season  23 years ago  Shocked wow

THANK YOU   Clapper

2006 Honda Foreman
26 inch swamp lites
ITP black series 7 rims
Triangle snorkel
Custom Waterproof Stereo

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com