Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hurricane damage  (Read 4889 times)
JackL
Supreme Member

A enemy generally says and believes what he wishes

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: August 19, 2008, 12:54:18 PM »

Well my only casualty was my beloved Frangipani,  I re-stood it in 04 and 05 after doing some major cutting to lighten it up, and it was finally coming back strong. Stupid thing fell down three minutes into the storm. Sad

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
NYRAPTOR
Supreme Member

9/11/01 Never Forget

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 01:06:59 PM »

i cant believe the brangelina broke! whats gonna happen to the twins?

so far today has been very sunny over here in new port richey. i finally fixed the check valve on my compressor. i think i'm going to fly a kite now. i was hoping some people would lose there screens today Grin
JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2008, 01:18:48 PM »

i cant believe the brangelina broke! whats gonna happen to the twins?

so far today has been very sunny over here in new port richey. i finally fixed the check valve on my compressor. i think i'm going to fly a kite now. i was hoping some people would lose there screens today Grin

I was hoping every satellite dish in Florida was going to blow into the ocean...lol

I hear kite surfing is fun during a tropical storm.
Check this guy out!

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/broward/sfl-0819kitesurf,0,7114998.story

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
NYRAPTOR
Supreme Member

9/11/01 Never Forget

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2008, 01:45:20 PM »

ouch! i was thinking of going surfing later. not kite surfing just regular surfing.
Turboderf
Supreme Member

**HONDA** WARRANTY **SUCKS**

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2008, 02:05:57 PM »

ouch he was halling a$$ why dont the dumb a$$ let the kit go
rancher1

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2008, 05:34:56 PM »

Genius...... Huh
cheropride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2008, 06:15:54 PM »

Sorry Jack but mine is still up.... (dish that is) Wink  We had a few of those trees prior to all the hurricanes in 05 & 06, no more left....  This winter when my Poinsetta loses all it's leaves, the little they have left (cuz they are all in my pool Evil), it coming down....  I love that tree, it's beautiful, I grew it from a little twig, but it got to go....  It almost blew my brand new pool pump up, all the dang leaves and flowers in my pool....

Actually we did well...  Just hope all our friends to the north are okay...  Looks like a lot of freaking rain...  Hope my camp is still there....

Check out how much Lake Okeechobee got so far...  Hope the below is dependable...  If so that's pretty cool...

http://www.okeeweather.com/
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 06:18:19 PM by cheropride » Logged

Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP
BDOG 4X4

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2008, 06:21:10 PM »

wheres your camp at?
cheropride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2008, 06:23:50 PM »

wheres your camp at?

Ancient Chinese Secret..... Wink  It's surely raining there though.....

Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP
billabongcr

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2008, 06:25:23 PM »

dang they took the video down

2007 Kawasaki Brute Force 650 -black
26'' Outlaws
Moose CDI
Dynojetted
Center Snorkels
HMF Exhaust
gery350
Supreme Member

no guts, no glory

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2008, 11:32:30 PM »

per paul and young ron show reporting here in miami :

(said in a loud worried excited voice)-

"REPORTING HERE LIVE FROM MIAMI WE HAVE REPORTS OF DANGEROUS DRIZZLE!
IT IS RECOMMENDED TO USE YOUR WIPERS IN THE LOWEST SETTING POSSIBLE!"

Grin Grin

hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif
backwoods boy
Supreme Member

REBEL MOTORSPORTS

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2008, 12:07:36 AM »

im hear in cfl near ksc theyre sayin it might turn around and  hit us again we where plannin on hittin holopaw friday gonna be muddddddyyyyyy that and it bein friday we getta see all the people git wasted and ruin there stuff lololol last time we where out there i was pullin my trailer with my 400+650 with an 04 expedition 4x4 and barely made it down holopaw groves as we where leavin a new STOCK 350 4x4 was tryin to pull a 35+ft toy hauler out there im still wonderin how long it took em to git out

NObama08 '' nigga please its the WHITE house''
LIVE FAST-PLAY HARD-DIE LAUGHING
JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2008, 07:36:44 AM »

Maybe it will finally become a hurricane..

JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2008, 07:49:17 AM »

Sorry Jack but mine is still up.... (dish that is) Wink  We had a few of those trees prior to all the hurricanes in 05 & 06, no more left....  This winter when my Poinsetta loses all it's leaves, the little they have left (cuz they are all in my pool Evil), it coming down....  I love that tree, it's beautiful, I grew it from a little twig, but it got to go....  It almost blew my brand new pool pump up, all the dang leaves and flowers in my pool....

Actually we did well...  Just hope all our friends to the north are okay...  Looks like a lot of freaking rain...  Hope my camp is still there....

Check out how much Lake Okeechobee got so far...  Hope the below is dependable...  If so that's pretty cool...

Stupid royal poinciana almost sunk my boat with all its leaves crap!

You can't mean those little poinsettia plants that the leaves turn red in the winter time can you? I have never seen one bigger than three feet..

dj_pizzim
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2008, 09:16:47 AM »

Something tell me the rain station went under water as it says they received 67"  Last night it was closing on 8" and that i can believe but  5 1/2 Feet !!!

JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2008, 09:34:49 AM »

Something tell me the rain station went under water as it says they received 67"  Last night it was closing on 8" and that i can believe but  5 1/2 Feet !!!

Haha, that is a pretty cool page.

My rain gauge here says I got 9.45" over the last two days. If that storm went all over Florida dumping that much everywhere it is conceivable 5 feet of rain water could drain into the lake.....I think....?

It must be flooded as hell out at Macks and the Holeylands!!

cheropride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2008, 04:18:01 PM »

Yea, when I got up this morning, I looked at the records, and saw yesterday got 39", didn't see the 67", until you pointed it out...  Dang, the gage must of feel into the Lake or something ...  I have no idea what happen, cuz that site used to be pretty dependable, and Jack, yes that is suppose to rain total only... LMAO, I better look North for a big ole wave, cuz if that had happen, the whole State would be under....  But that is funny.....

Yesterday, according the Army Corp of Engineers, had the lake at 11.37, today they have it at 11.80.  So what's that a little less than 5"...  I guess....  Which sounds about right...  Was hoping to see the Lake above 12", will have to check again tomorrow and see where it's at....  I don't think the ole okeeweather.com is working too good right now... Wink

http://www.saj.usace.army.mil/h2o/reports/r-oke.txt

(the above site is pretty good, always go in to see if them nit-wits are draining any of the water out.  It shows the inflows and outflows as well.  As Jack pointed out, even after the rain stops, the levels should still go up from run off into the Lake.......
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 04:20:05 PM by cheropride » Logged

Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com