Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HS#2 TTR Oct. 4th!!  (Read 2287 times)
mudnuri
Supreme Member

06 YFZ

View Profile

Ignore
« on: August 16, 2008, 04:09:02 PM »

Okay, we have a season of quad racing!
After Pinetta, we have Chipley. I can tell you right now, I need a ride. If you want to go from SouthEast FL, I want to share fuel.
This is from FTR site. So let's get racing!

>>Originally Posted by Bonnie George  View Post
HS # 2 is now ,
Tallahassee Trail Riders - 10/4/08
Revamped schedule will be up on homepage later today.<<

from Rocky Gavins, president TTR:
Flyer- http://floridatrailriders.org/flyer/09_season/TTR-100508-web.pdf
"We are NUMBER 2.

We are NUMBER 2.

So...............now you HAVE to think a littler harder about making the drive to Chipley. Right.

Other than the gas cost.........I PROMISE you will not be disappointed.

We will have.

A great Saturday trail, quad approved by Brad our Quad Racer member.

A Pee Wee Quad race.

A Sunday trail of about 11 miles, 70 % Sunday only, with few whoops, no sugar sand, beautiful pine forest, and not one palmetto anywhere on the property.

A great local restaurant guy doing the food vending, Breakfast both days too.

A wonderful land owner Ted who is getting married the week after the event. Yes..... Ted scheduled his WEDDING around our event.

A great place to camp. Under the pines, freshly mowed and NO COW PATTIES.

3 nice motels right at the I-10 exit, only 3 miles away.

Many places to eat and gas in Chipley. A super Walmart right at the exit.

Pee Wee's can ride Saturday afternoon with parent present.

An experienced club to run a smooth race. Less people in your class, so you get a good finish, and historically one of the safest events on the schedule. Our EMS guys just sit around and eat all weekend.

WHOOPS..........DID I FORGET TO MENTION THE ENDURO CROSS SECTION.

So........find a buddy to share the gas tickets and make the haul to Chipley.

You won't be disappointed.

Rocky, and the whole TTR gang.

Tallahassee Trail Riders

Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i
mudnuri
Supreme Member

06 YFZ

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 02:54:10 PM »

Okay everyone. I found a ride. I am going. Where there's a will, there's a way!

All you pee-wee parents, they will have a great track for the kids!!

Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i
mudnuri
Supreme Member

06 YFZ

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 07:19:30 PM »

This is another post from the president of TTR:

"OK Boys and Girls .................... it's Chipley time.

HS # 2 on the FTR schedule is going to be a great one.

YES..........it's a long drive, but gas seems to be getting cheaper every week. That's the down side.

However, virtually every other aspect of our event is a positive.

We have great camping under the tall pines of Hard Labor Creek Plantation in a mowed area with no cow patties.

A land owner who will stop and thank you for coming.

Not one single Palmetto root on the whole property.

A trail that has been under construction since April. The Saturday trail is wide and flowing, yet works thru a shady mature pine forest. Dexter, our trail boss has laid out something that you guys will love. He even bought a new 4wd tractor this spring and has graded and rehabbed almost all of the trail from last event. It will be fast and fun with PLENTY of room to pass or be passed.

Sunday is another Dexter master piece. It's mostly motorcycle only, much of it totally separate from the Saturday trail. It is woods racing at it's finest. Our club guys drive 200 miles round trip just to ride a couple of laps, and yes, we ride the whole trail for fun. As a matter of fact, I think the whole reason we do this is to ride the trail til our wheels fall of in the weeks just prior to the event. It's almost 13 miles of trail heaven.

We have a great full service food vendor this year............the local Chipley Fire Department.

We will have a Quad Pee Wee Fun Run/ Race right after the bike Pee Wee event.

Our gate will be open all night, and the event is only 5 or 6 miles from I-10 with a wide smooth entry and lots of good camping spots.

We have several nice clean motels right at the I-10 exit, across the street from the Super Walmart and gas station. Chipley also has several nice restaurants and little places to eat. It's a quiet, friendly little country town.

Let's see............what am I forgeting.............oh, that's right.

WE HAVE THE ORIGINAL ENDURO CROSS SECTION.

This year..........it's pool party time. The dastardly angled logs are gone. In their place is a pool.............yep our very own water hazard. I can't wait to see some of you guys swimming around like tadpoles in this thing, looking for your bike. Don't worry, it will be easy enough for me to ride thru it, so you guys will be fine. I can see it now...........2 guys blow by one dude stalled in the middle..........ala the scene in "On Any Sunday" and just drown the pour fellow. It will be hilarious. We will have a large spectating area for those who wish to view the carnage. If you survive the water, we put in a big tabletop jump so you can show off for the ladies before you dive back into the Sinkhole section.

Please consider making the haul to our event. Our club is very experienced and it will be an event that runs like clockwork. We have no problems with pit riding, our races go off on time, we pay special attention to the kids, we will separate Saturday practice into quads, big bikes, 85's then 65's, our trail is marked with almost 1000 arrows and a mile of ribbon, if you miss the trail here, it's your own fault, in short it's run tight and right.

We have tons of course marshals and the best EMS in North Florida on site.

So what are you waiting for............it's just some gas money. Find a friend to carpool with. Leave the big hauler at home and stay at the motel. You can park you bikes or trailer with a friend at the event and make the 10 minute drive back to the motel.

It's only 4 weeks until

See you there.

Rocky and the whole TTR gang."

Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i
mudnuri
Supreme Member

06 YFZ

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2008, 07:41:36 AM »

Ok! time is near. Again I am copying the club president. Let's go racing!!
Brian

"Long range weekend weather report is for upper 50's at night and low 80's during the day with little chance of rain.

Gas at the Flying J was $ 3.49 and Diesel was $ 3.99 this afternoon.

We have mostly separate trails for Saturday Bike, Saturday Quads and Sunday Bike with each trail custom designed for the enjoyment of those riders.

What more could you ask for. Just load up the bikes and the wife and kids and hit the road. We promise not to mention the US economy or any Billion dollar government bailouts all weekend long.

Hope to see you there."

« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 11:22:40 PM by mudnuri » Logged

Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i
Jacob Fort

Built Fort Tough

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2008, 10:26:36 PM »

woooooooooo hoooooooooooooooooooooo Drive Yup!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com