Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mudfest was great  (Read 16980 times)
94Hardbody4x4
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« on: August 10, 2008, 11:50:58 AM »

Went to Mudfest on saturday till about 1:00am sunday. It was perfect this time. Plenty of big trucks and no traffic. There was about 1/4 the people there from last time. There were lots of police and fire fighter on hand and lots of vendors. I saw Arctic Cat, Can am, and I think Yamaha out there. They were defanately strict on the underage drinking and stupid drivers. I only saw one real idiot out there in a huge new F-350 that was about to kill a little kid on a 4 wheeler because he thought it was cool to drive backwards around the mudhole as fast as he could.

Overall it was perfect and despite the price, I hope it stays this way. The coolest part of the whole thing was seeing the guy on the snow-mobile skim across the mudhole and get air off the wake of a mud truck driving through the water.

Parting out 2005 Honda Foreman....ASK ME!
jrpro130
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008, 11:56:26 AM »

Sounds like fun! Was is 100 for the weekend and 33 a day or how did they split it up?

I had a great time at mission mud but we were considering mudfest when we saw the riding conditions at bamboo...

08 Brute 750
Snorkel/Radiator Relocated, 29.5's, Muzzy, PCIII, UNI, and a few other custom mods
94Hardbody4x4
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2008, 02:48:55 PM »

I only paid $40 for the day and most everybody out there just paid for the day and then stayed the night. They didn't really enforce it or have any way to tell if you hadn't paid for the whole weekend. The weather was pretty much pefect. It sprinkled for a little bit Saturday then got really hot but cooled off at night. Very good conditions for an August in Florida. I'll post some of my pictures in a day or so.

JohnSales

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2008, 07:43:55 PM »

Hey Hardbody thanks for all the support, and the snowmobile was awesome he had to have been moving at least 70-80 mph. we will be posting updates for the Feb event.
mudbeauty

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2008, 08:21:05 PM »

Yea, there was a snowmobile at mission mud too...
the ATVs Gone Wild Crew did such a good job that there was people from mudfest begging people to come over...for $20 bucks on saturday afternoon  Roll Eyes
There was several thousands at mission mud. great turn out big trucks and some sick atvs all respecting each others rides...
billabongcr

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2008, 09:31:30 PM »

Hey Hardbody thanks for all the support, and the snowmobile was awesome he had to have been moving at least 70-80 mph. we will be posting updates for the Feb event.

Hey John Sales you can rott in hell along with that bitchh that was watching the gate at 4am saturday night

nice

2007 Kawasaki Brute Force 650 -black
26'' Outlaws
Moose CDI
Dynojetted
Center Snorkels
HMF Exhaust
extremeforce

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2008, 09:59:04 PM »

:)mission mud was awesome) and i heard mud fest went well.and best of all no one was hurt.the people i met at this event were some of the nicest people ive met in a long time.i cant wait for the next event so we can see all of our new friends again.mr sales who knows perhapes in the future we can work together.after all this is about one thing creating a . place for atv and truck people  to go where its safe fun and affordable.

billabongcr

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2008, 10:11:23 PM »

affordable being key

2007 Kawasaki Brute Force 650 -black
26'' Outlaws
Moose CDI
Dynojetted
Center Snorkels
HMF Exhaust
sbripple

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2008, 06:16:00 AM »

Glad to hear yall had fun at mudfest.I hope this was a learning experience for everyone too.We went to underhills because of the $100 advertised price of mudfest.we got solicited at underhills to come to mudfest for $20 but were already camped and having fun.Did they have more wash down places this time?Last mudfest had one trickling hose for 40,000 people and 2 showers and over flowing porto lets.Like I said I hope we all continue to learn what works and what doesnt so we can keep having these events.We had  fun too ,but everyone was askin about mudfest and what was goin on over there.
millitarytire

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2008, 08:12:03 AM »

mudfest was great! the suburban ran like a top, i went right across the mud hole. got stuck twice but was pulled out rightaway by people i didnt know. I'm glad there were a lot less four wheelers.
i was testing my rig out and it passed each very well. the military tires grabbed the bottom like i was on pavement (best of all no flats). my drop drag link worked great (home made & didn't break). i wasn't sure about my drive shaft angle but i didn't break any u joints either (9" home made suspension lift). my only problem was a preexisting tranny problem, lost reverse some how (maybe a filter and fluid change is time).
i did have a problem with my trailer tire though Saturday nite but i had help getting it fixed and got home on sunday all in one piece.
why are there still people talking about mission mud in the okeechobee mudfest forum anyhow?
why don't we talk about mudfest.
how many mudfesters even give a dam about a dump site for human waste!! take your po po some ware else talk in your own forum will ya!!

6.2 diesel suburban
40" militarytires
6'x8' "observation deck"
94Hardbody4x4
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2008, 08:53:21 AM »

Glad to hear yall had fun at mudfest.I hope this was a learning experience for everyone too.We went to underhills because of the $100 advertised price of mudfest.we got solicited at underhills to come to mudfest for $20 but were already camped and having fun.Did they have more wash down places this time?Last mudfest had one trickling hose for 40,000 people and 2 showers and over flowing porto lets.Like I said I hope we all continue to learn what works and what doesnt so we can keep having these events.We had  fun too ,but everyone was askin about mudfest and what was goin on over there.

Thay had the same amount of porto-lets and showers but there was only 1/4 the people there as there usually is so it was not hard to find a place to wash up.

The buggy we were riding in at the end of the day got stuck in one of the ditches. It was a very short buggy on 62"s with a slipping t-case chain and rocks. I think we just about pulled a wheelie getting out of the ditch, lol.

sbripple

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2008, 06:10:45 PM »

mudfest was great! the suburban ran like a top, i went right across the mud hole. got stuck twice but was pulled out rightaway by people i didnt know. I'm glad there were a lot less four wheelers.
i was testing my rig out and it passed each very well. the military tires grabbed the bottom like i was on pavement (best of all no flats). my drop drag link worked great (home made & didn't break). i wasn't sure about my drive shaft angle but i didn't break any u joints either (9" home made suspension lift). my only problem was a preexisting tranny problem, lost reverse some how (maybe a filter and fluid change is time).
i did have a problem with my trailer tire though Saturday nite but i had help getting it fixed and got home on sunday all in one piece.
why are there still people talking about mission mud in the okeechobee mudfest forum anyhow?
why don't we talk about mudfest.
how many mudfesters even give a dam about a dump site for human waste!! take your po po some ware else talk in your own forum will ya!!
I'll talk about what I want to where I want to.Why are you so sensitive????Hmmm. At least I didnt badmouth your riding  area like you did MISSION MUD.   Some people just dot get it i guess
outindeltona
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2008, 07:28:05 PM »

me,my daughter and a friend spent the weekend out at the bunnell mudhole,including food,gas to get there and to play all weekend,alcohol,food we bought from vendors there and entrance fees,we spent a lil less than i would have just in entrance to mudfest at $100 per person...
94Hardbody4x4
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2008, 07:44:30 PM »

hey, it's all good. I had a good time. I might head to L-cross at the end of the month. I heard it was a ghost town there last weekend though.

Du660

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2008, 08:04:12 PM »

affordable being key

If affordable is what u want dont go to mudfest! it SUCKS! who wants to pay 100 dollars to ride around in cow sh*t 20 is the most its worth. im never going to mudfest again. muddi gras is better anyway and only 15 bucks more wash downs and way more vendors John Sales you suck balls!!!
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 08:06:55 PM by Du660 » Logged

06 grizzly 27'' outlaws
millitarytire

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2008, 08:12:46 AM »

sbripple?Huh 

do you really think that anyone from mudfest would drive all the way to underhills to solicit your business, or did you just make that up???    or cuz you wanted to bad mouth mudfest in the mudfest forum???   hmmmm, is that why i wrote what i did???   

you all should not be hatefull to john sales. with the price of insurance, permitting, operation, rental fees, security, emergency medical staffing. the event was quite nice with less people, alot whole safer than usuall. they may have not made as much money, id think they might of wanted to scale it down a little and weed out some of the people that were creating problems. if you ask any one who went there im sure they'd tell you it was a lot better with less people.                 

6.2 diesel suburban
40" militarytires
6'x8' "observation deck"
East Coast Dirty Girls

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2008, 09:35:16 AM »

we had people come to us also and ask us to go there.......i guess the 20-30 people in our group are lying too.....regardless of which event was better or worse,  everyone had a time where ever they went.  that is all that matters. 

i am glad that mudfest went well for those who attended.  It probably is the key to have less people there so that it is more enjoyable. Wink
mad dog

See you on the trails. www.MADDOGRIDES.com

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2008, 11:05:03 AM »

:)mission mud was awesome) and i heard mud fest went well.and best of all no one was hurt.the people i met at this event were some of the nicest people ive met in a long time.i cant wait for the next event so we can see all of our new friends again.mr sales who knows perhapes in the future we can work together.after all this is about one thing creating a . place for atv and truck people  to go where its safe fun and affordable.

Well said! People we need to be united not divided the two events are not the enemy the people who continue to shut down our riding areas are. This infighting and back biting is counter productive to our cause. The cause being to find more places to ride. Having two events in two areas to ride sounds like a good problem to have at least from my point of view as a loyal offroad enthusiast's. I happen to like the Mission Mud set up and supported them some are die hard Mudfest people thats fine as long as everyone rode thats all that matters.
www.maddogrides.com

Man must ride to be free, once he has experienced freedom there is no other way.
www.MADDOGRIDES.com
ananomaly

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2008, 11:35:58 AM »

Clapper  Clapper Clapper Clapper :Clap.gifdate=1218553503]

Well said! People we need to be united not divided the two events are not the enemy the people who continue to shut down our riding areas are. This infighting and back biting is counter productive to our cause. The cause being to find more places to ride. Having two events in two areas to ride sounds like a good problem to have at least from my point of view as a loyal offroad enthusiast's. I happen to like the Mission Mud set up and supported them some are die hard Mudfest people thats fine as long as everyone rode thats all that matters.
www.maddogrides.com Clapper Clapper Clapper
[/quote]

05 eiger 4x4 manual
04 bruin
05 f150 crew 4x4
Gotta work but wanna ride.
Life should be a journy to the grave, body thoroughly used up,
totally worn out and screaming " Woo-Hoo...What a ride."
sbripple

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2008, 09:00:51 PM »

I am not hateful to john sales.Everything I said as true.I was solicited to come to mudfest at underhills .many people  were.I am happy you had fun at mudfest,and happy for all of us at underhills too. You seem  to be taking all this personal.I gotta wonder what your relationship is at mudfest.You appear to be a rude person  just ill mannered and intent on badmouthing any competition to john sales. hmmmm. makes me wonder.is your name richard head? or a similar name?
jrpro130
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2008, 09:39:40 PM »

I heard about the soliciting...and ed straight up told us we could have a refund and go over to mudfest.  He was kicking out some trucks that were complaining about the conditions.  Which is GREAT! I wish more people would weed out the bad guys.

08 Brute 750
Snorkel/Radiator Relocated, 29.5's, Muzzy, PCIII, UNI, and a few other custom mods
MudMan
Supreme Member

How Deep Is Too Deep ?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2008, 11:24:53 AM »

affordable being key

If affordable is what u want dont go to mudfest! it SUCKS! who wants to pay 100 dollars to ride around in cow sh*t 20 is the most its worth. im never going to mudfest again. muddi gras is better anyway and only 15 bucks more wash downs and way more vendors John Sales you suck balls!!!

What do you think you were riding around in at Muddigras ?.......cow chit....LOL

Was your nose not working properly out there ?

2006 Honda Foreman
26 inch swamp lites
ITP black series 7 rims
Triangle snorkel
Custom Waterproof Stereo

:::LET IT EAT:::
94Hardbody4x4
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2008, 11:58:40 AM »

The Bamboo pics look like it was flooded as bad as mudfest. I went riding in Ft. Pierce last week and it was wet out there too.

MudMan, I'm gunna see if I can get up to Grant this week. "Crazy_f_o" said it was nasty out there. I'll hit you up I get a free day this week.

e.c.dirtyboy slick

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2008, 11:29:40 AM »

All,

Just a side note, i know this is a mudfest page but alot of you seem to like the deeper water and mud, if you get a chance try 5A in Scottsmoore one afternoon. Its very deep and i have seen many a large trauck and quad have there share of fun out there and oh by the way its free, park and ride. The exit has the old 5A sign on it.
MudMan
Supreme Member

How Deep Is Too Deep ?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2008, 03:09:55 PM »

All,

Just a side note, i know this is a mudfest page but alot of you seem to like the deeper water and mud, if you get a chance try 5A in Scottsmoore one afternoon. Its very deep and i have seen many a large trauck and quad have there share of fun out there and oh by the way its free, park and ride. The exit has the old 5A sign on it.

did someone say deep water ?  count me in

2006 Honda Foreman
26 inch swamp lites
ITP black series 7 rims
Triangle snorkel
Custom Waterproof Stereo

:::LET IT EAT:::
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com