Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stolen  (Read 17693 times)
Sleazy_Rider78

Old enough to know better, still too young to care

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: July 31, 2008, 08:50:13 PM »

Alba,

Sorry to hear that your quad got stolen.  Believe me, I know how badly it sucks.  I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you may have to come to the realization that you will never see your quad again.  I went through all the emotions you are going through right now when I got my dirt bike stolen.  They actually caught the kid that stole mine, but he mysteriously could not remember who he sold it to.  Its been over a year since I got my bike stolen and I checked craigslist, ebay, cycletrader.com for a while and nothing ever came up.  I don't mean to seem pessimistic, but the reality of the situation sucks and you may not ever see it again.  There is a way you can have the last laugh in this whole situation, and I will share with you what I did when the judge handed down her sentencing.  You will get a victim's claim form in a couple of weeks where you enter the dollar amount of your loss.  PUT EVERY SINGLE DOLLAR AMOUNT YOU CAN THINK OF THAT YOU PUT INTO YOUR QUAD, BUT REMEMBER TO INCLUDE RECEIPTS.  When I filled mine out, I wasn't sure if I would be eligible to claim some engine work that I had done to my bike for $600.  I provided the state attorney's office with a bill of sale for my bike as well as the receipt for the engine work I had done.  In the end, the judge ordered the kid to pay me for the full purchase price of the bike ($3,800) as well as the $600 worth of engine work I had done.  But remember, only mail in the copies of the reciepts, never mail the original.  Plus, sometimes when you make copies of things, there is a tendency for 5's to look like 8's  Wink

www.myspace.com/mlatcham
Stolen: 2003 Yamaha YZ250F. Moto XXX graphics, Pro Taper handlebars, black Excel rims.  Pics of bike in Stolen ATV Watch Forum.
http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,25023.0.html
Mudneck
" It's a State of Mind "
Supreme Member

****FMR****

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: July 31, 2008, 09:01:55 PM »

Where would you like us to send our repair receipts to contribute for your claim?

Sorry for the loss.

trx#9
Supreme Member

Manager at Seaman's Sausage House and Adult Movies

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: July 31, 2008, 09:28:44 PM »

Where would you like us to send our repair receipts to contribute for your claim?

Sorry for the loss.
I would write the kid a letter saying  he doesn't stand a chance in court with your 2 witnesses. Say you have 10,000 in receipts for court that you will be granted when he loses or he can give back the quad and pay nothing. He'll never get the money that you invested in the quad on the black market.  Wink
Sleazy rider, don't ever say never! My friend RTR 380 had his quad stolen last summer and he recovered it in a couple months. They were stupid kids too.

"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
 Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!
Team Alba Z400 Rider 43

The more people I meet, the more I like my dog..

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: July 31, 2008, 11:42:06 PM »

Sleazy- very interesting, thank you very much for your advice, and I have came to the realization. I appreciate it. I can't wait to get this claim. I have every single receipt and document done to this bike. It totals up close to 9,000. And this is just parts. I didn't include oil changes, etc...

Bushwacker, Man I really appreciate that brother. But don't worry about it. Thanks though, really.

Erik- You know it brother, that is probably what were gonna end up doing. We made a claim to our insurance company tonight, there gonna call us back tomorrow. We will probably get canceled. You know how your aunt Sandy is, yeah she is gonna yell there ear out. But as long as we get compensated. Were gonna try and get a free consultation with a lawyer.

-2006 Suzuki LT-R450-
-2004 Suzuki LT-Z400-

Harry: "Yeah I called her up, she gave me a bunch of crap about me not listening to her, or something, I don't know, I wasn't really paying attention." - Dumb and Dumber
trx#9
Supreme Member

Manager at Seaman's Sausage House and Adult Movies

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: July 31, 2008, 11:51:25 PM »

Sleazy- very interesting, thank you very much for your advice, and I have came to the realization. I appreciate it. I can't wait to get this claim. I have every single receipt and document done to this bike. It totals up close to 9,000. And this is just parts. I didn't include oil changes, etc...

Bushwacker, Man I really appreciate that brother. But don't worry about it. Thanks though, really.

Erik- You know it brother, that is probably what were gonna end up doing. We made a claim to our insurance company tonight, there gonna call us back tomorrow. We will probably get canceled. You know how your aunt Sandy is, yeah she is gonna yell there ear out. But as long as we get compensated. Were gonna try and get a free consultation with a lawyer.
I hope your not counting on your homeowners Insurance because, they don't cover any motorized equipment over 5 horsepower.

"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
 Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!
Yamaha72
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: August 01, 2008, 12:23:16 AM »

I hope your not counting on your homeowners Insurance because, they don't cover any motorized equipment over 5 horsepower.

Sorry to hear the terrible news Alba, I too had my old blaster stolen a couple years back... It seemed to suck more than anything too have your passion stolen from you, M*&*^#F%@!^*S... Keep Your head up dude, I got mine back and the scumbag got prosecuted and put in jail for grand theft and petite theft.. Oh yea my contribution about the homeowners insurance deal.. My friend  got his bike stolen out of his shed and claimed it on his homeowners as "Farm Equipment" (he also had a Z, it was only a couple months old too when it got stolen), in the end the homeowners compensated him for his loss, never heard or saw anything  about his bike ever again though.. The only issue is that we live in an acreage so it was a little easier to be feasible insurance claim, I don't know your situation in crystal river, but it is an idea for you.. I wish you the best of luck.

Yamaha72

2003 Yamaha Raptor 660

2005 Ford F-150
Team Alba Z400 Rider 43

The more people I meet, the more I like my dog..

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: August 01, 2008, 02:10:52 AM »

Sorry to hear the terrible news Alba, I too had my old blaster stolen a couple years back... It seemed to suck more than anything too have your passion stolen from you, M*&*^#F%@!^*S... Keep Your head up dude, I got mine back and the scumbag got prosecuted and put in jail for grand theft and petite theft.. Oh yea my contribution about the homeowners insurance deal.. My friend  got his bike stolen out of his shed and claimed it on his homeowners as "Farm Equipment" (he also had a Z, it was only a couple months old too when it got stolen), in the end the homeowners compensated him for his loss, never heard or saw anything  about his bike ever again though.. The only issue is that we live in an acreage so it was a little easier to be feasible insurance claim, I don't know your situation in crystal river, but it is an idea for you.. I wish you the best of luck.

Yamaha72

Thanks Yamaha72, I'll keep that in mind, farm equipment Cool.

Erik- yeah we filed, might as well, so we'll see I guess. I doubt they will cover it either. But its worth a try.

-2006 Suzuki LT-R450-
-2004 Suzuki LT-Z400-

Harry: "Yeah I called her up, she gave me a bunch of crap about me not listening to her, or something, I don't know, I wasn't really paying attention." - Dumb and Dumber
atvdude01

out here ridin!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: August 14, 2008, 09:28:36 PM »

hey bro, any luck on tha search lately???

-Flatts-
05 honda rancher 4x4, highlifter lift kit, 25" itp mudlite XL's
98% of the teenage population will try or does smoke pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this into your signature. www.myspace.com/crazy_b
klutchbuster400
Supreme Member

Cuz the chicks dig it.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: August 14, 2008, 11:13:54 PM »

I know he got a new Lt-r, but is still searching for the Z.
1FasterBlaster

« Reply #59 on: August 16, 2008, 12:53:09 AM »

Look at it this way, it was time to upgrade to a new experience. I look forward to trying the 450 class of riders.
offroadjunkee

« Reply #60 on: August 21, 2008, 05:36:41 PM »

when you do get a name post it up here so we can get a "list" going of our "special" friends.... Just an idea.
garym
Supreme Member

four wheeling or fishing, it always takes gas

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: August 21, 2008, 07:19:36 PM »

My b-law had his bikes (3) stolen several weeks ago in pasco cty. and found the bikes for sales in tennessee, in pieces for sale on ebay!!
TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

**** Frank **** **FF&J Racing**

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: August 21, 2008, 07:43:03 PM »

Look at it this way, it was time to upgrade to a new experience. I look forward to trying the 450 class of riders.

You crack me up!
You don't seem to know what you are doing. LOL
No riding a four wheeler one day wanting a sideXside.
YFZ the next.
Selling for a Z400 the next.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 07:47:21 PM by TRX450R_Racer » Logged

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com