Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Get Involved  (Read 1558 times)
Anoriginal

« on: July 22, 2008, 08:41:09 AM »

For years now we've all seen a consistent chain of events relative to restrictions on ATV's and the ATV community's reaction. I say "reaction" because usually what happens is that the government publishes the proposed rule changes and invites public comment and then, once they've received no comment from the ATV community, they change the rules to negatively impact us. Then, we get up in arms and beat chests about protesting, rallying, marching, etc......nothing ever happens. Prime example? The Holylands.

Well, here's some food for thought. Attached is a link to PDF files that contain ATV data that the NPS is considering while making decisions on future rules and regulations impacting ATV's and their use within and on Federal lands. This info comes from the NPS PEPC - ORV Advisory Committee for the Big Cypress National Preserve. These studies are well written, well researched and pretty solid all around. If you care, now's the time to jump in and be heard. I know I have.

Enjoy -

http://parkplanning.nps.gov/document.cfm?parkID=352&projectId=20437&documentID=24047
lswjth2
Supreme Member

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 09:02:57 AM »

Matt, Thxs for this. I will add what i can. Unfortunately we spend more time complaining than actually doing. I still believe that a lawsuit has to be brought forward against SFWMD, my .02.....Rick
EigerGuy

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 09:59:07 AM »

tons of interesting and old facts in there, they are showing facts that are nation wide and not area specific. they are showing injuries from the early 80s and how much injuries have sky rocketed

02-05 Eiger Lift Kits Availabe PMME, i also think they will fit the 06 and 07

05 Eiger
06 Raptor 700R

MustRead
http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,31593.msg374254.html#msg374254
Anoriginal

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2008, 10:41:41 AM »

tons of interesting and old facts in there, they are showing facts that are nation wide and not area specific. they are showing injuries from the early 80s and how much injuries have sky rocketed

You have to consider the fact that it is Federal property and a Federal Agency that is making the determination. Therefore, they will look at things in a global manner. This is the purpose behind the ORV Advisory Committee for the Big Cypress National Preserve. This local group is designed to sift through the statistics and mold an ORV plan that best suits all interests involved.

I can tell you this, I know many of the Advisory Committee members very well and was in the Everglades this weekend talking with some of them. Already there are rumblings over ATV and UTV use in the Big Cypress and the problems that are coming with them. Once again, it's the 80/20 rule. 20% of the riders make the remaining 80% look bad.

If you have concerns, you better write the committee or show up at the meetings. The meeting times and dates are posted as they come up in the NPS and Big Cypress web sites.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com