Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: information and instructions for titling off-highw  (Read 22174 times)
DMH

Quad 42b 4 stk. Woods Runner

View Profile

Ignore
« on: December 30, 2002, 03:22:14 AM »

information and instructions for titling off-highway vehicles

http://casey.hsmv.state.fl.us/intranet/dmv/manuals/dmvprocedures/btr/tl/tl-44.pdf

bottom line is it sounds like you take a bill of sales to the dmv along with $33.25 and they give you a title. :-/  

anyone know if your going to be requiered to have a tiltle to ride at croom or o.n.f. in 03? i've already got a croom sticker thats good thru mid 03. will i have to go and get a title to keep that sticker valid? i would think they would want a title number, a copy, or something when you sign up for a new sticker.

if anyone is going to croom any time soon maybe you can quize the guy at the guard shack and see if you can get any answers.

Mark Hammond
Central Florida Quad Riders Assn.
TRAIL WARRIOR

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2002, 10:53:50 PM »

i was there this past week end. you will need your driver license and vin # of off you quad.
mrbones
Administrator
Supreme Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2003, 12:36:41 PM »

this is the official word for 2003. as of july 1, 2003, you'll have to bring your title with you to get the croom registration. so if you don't have a title for your atvs (like me), you will have to get one at the dmv before july 1. the title is $33.25. you will also have to purchase another croom decal. which will be probably be $35 based on the 2002 registration fee.

we are getting charged double in my opinion. so, if you don't have a title, going to croom after july will cost $68.25. and get this, if you purchased your atv after july of 2002, you will also have to pay sales tax when you get your title, which is 7% in hillsborough county.

so lets say you bought a used atv from a private seller in august 2002 for $3000. to get the title you'll pay $33.25, plus $210 for sales tax at the dmv, and $35 for a croom registration when you get to the gate at croom. the total would be $278.25!!! this is outrageous. seems like the state is making out on this, and what do we get in return? new atv parks that don't exist yet at locations no one knows about? ug...

Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon
TomM

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2003, 08:49:27 AM »

i am assuming that the bill of sale doesn’t need to be notarized because it doesn’t say that it does. sounds like it would be awful easy for someone to take a quad and get it titled in their own name. if for no other reason, i am going to title mine to keep that from happening.  

as far as paying taxes on it, if i read right you only have to pay on bikes bought after july 2002. so as long as your bill of sale that doesn’t need to be notarized states that you purchased it before july 2000 you dont pay.  

i think the biggest problem will be dealing with the geniuses at the tax office. i called them for info and they had none. i find it hard to believe i am the first in hillsborough county to try to title his atv, so i must conclude that they are simply farking retarded and that this is not going to be easy.   Cry
mrbones
Administrator
Supreme Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2003, 08:49:16 AM »

yeah, i know what you mean. i think you can just go to the dmv and do it, i hope. as long as your atv is not a 2003 model, it would be easy to acquire a bill of sale prior to july of 2002 to avoid the sales tax. it's a good idea to get your atv titled in case it was stolen, then it can be tracked somewhat.

JeffP
Supreme Member

Suzuki Z400

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2003, 12:46:02 PM »

i honestly have no problem paying the fee's if it results in more places to ride or at minimum holding on to the places we already have.  let's face it, it cost money to run these parks and they have to collect somehow.  would you be happier if every park doubled it's fee's instead?

look at this way (if you want to put a positive spin on it) for every person who doesn't want to pay thats one less atv in your way at the park while you ride Smiley

Jeff Peterson
Was the badest 2003 Suzuki Z400
Wa to many mods to list with only 300 Characters
BUBBA44

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2003, 06:41:12 PM »

i agree with the money going to open new places to ride. Smiley bubba

99 400 scrambler, 95 400 sport, 01 450 forman es, 89 250 moto 4.
mrbones
Administrator
Supreme Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2003, 08:31:42 AM »

so am i, but the sales tax collected probably will not go towards the parks, just the fees from the titles. and no one knows what, where, or when these are being built.

the withlacoochee state forest is very profitable from the sales of registrations at the croom gate. it's their #1 source of income at the park. that's why it has been open all these years. it's popularity and profitability recently didn't go unnoticed by the state legislature. that's the only reason new parks are being opened. to make more money for the state and ease some tension at croom being over crowded.

this is all great for us atv owners since eventually we will have new legal places to ride. although i doubt any will be within two hours driving distance from tampa. there's a bigger need for new parks in other parts of the state.

the only thing i don't like is having to pay sales tax 6 months after buying my atv just to go to the same park i've been going to for years.

JeffP
Supreme Member

Suzuki Z400

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2003, 12:17:55 PM »

found this to explain where the title money is going.
--------------------------------------------------------------
florida legislature mandates ohv riding areas

ohv enthusiasts in florida scored a huge victory recently with the enactment of the “t. mark schmidt off-highway vehicle safety and recreation act”, which requires the creation of off-highway vehicle (ohv) areas and trails.

florida activists worked for several years in their effort to improve and expand ohv riding opportunities in florida, which does not have very many public land riding opportunities today. this new law requires the state division of forestry to develop and maintain a system of motorized recreation trails and areas on public land. as a first assignment, the division of forestry is mandated to develop a report recommending five areas for ohv recreation, to be submitted to the florida governor and the legislature by january 1 of 2003.

the program will be funded from off-highway vehicle title fees. additionally, the division of forestry was required to publish a guidebook, with all of the pertinent laws on ohv use, as well as maps of the systems areas and trails.

mark schmidt, the person the program is named after, was a florida motorcycle dealer who strongly supported a state ohv program. unfortunately, he passed away before seeing his efforts, and the work of many florida ohv enthusiasts, come to fruition. hopefully, the new program will move aggressively to carry out their mandate.

Jeff Peterson
Was the badest 2003 Suzuki Z400
Wa to many mods to list with only 300 Characters
LIV2RIDE
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2003, 02:54:35 PM »

its simple
if you own a quad register it with the state of florida...
if you bought a quad out of state to save a few bucks
register it with the state of florida...
if you bought a used quad,register it with the state of florida
heres why...these moneys are OUR collective funds to purchase and maintain NEW ride areas
this is our ONLY source of funds
if you dont want to register your quad and pay the 35.00
then dont complain if you havent got anywhere to ride it!!!
29.00 of every quad or dirt bike registered goes directly into this fund.
this is OUR fund
do your part!!!i have!!!
the more $ in the fund the more ride areas we get...simple...  

V-quad

Check out  --------------------------> www.quadsforchrist.net
LIV2RIDE
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2003, 02:57:42 PM »

1. fill out this form for each atv: http://www3.hsmv.state.fl.us/intranet/dmv/forms/btr/milpak/82040.pdf  there's a place on there to get your vin# verified by a notary, cop, or dealer. that's required.  

then take the above form with your bill of sale for each atv and take it to your dmv. it will cost $33 for each title, plus sales tax, unless the bill of sale is dated before july '02 then you don't pay sales tax.  

that's it. you can pay extra to get the title on the spot or wait about two weeks to get it in the mail.  

as i understand it, this is the same procedure you would follow if you lost your title to your car, trailer, etc.

LIV2RIDE
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2003, 03:10:39 PM »

It is VERY important that we all do this. This is OUR money for OUR new riding areas. I've read what others are saying about the state taking OUR money and using it for other things. That's not going to happen, We WILL get our riding areas. It's just not going to happen tommorrow. If you don't believe me, just attend one of the next meetings, and you will be informed on what is going on and then you will understand that this IS going to happen. At each meeting, one of the first things that is discussed is, how many OHV's have been titled so far, and how much money is in the "kitty". Right now it's around $1.3 million. You don't want to register? That's fine, you just won't be allowed to ride at the new parks, and personally I don't want to hear you complain about "no where to ride, WAH WAH WAH" People it's only $33. TITLE YOUR ATV!

COREY
« Last Edit: November 21, 2003, 03:11:31 PM by liv2ride » Logged

IOAeXtreme

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2003, 12:19:13 PM »

Im getting my 1st ATV in Jan (Suzuki z250) & I will make sure to get it tiltled. BTW,Im new.  Smiley
V-Quad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2003, 01:34:53 PM »

if your purchasing your atv or dirt bike from a dealer the fee would be included in your purchase price...fyi

07 renegade,08 rzr,07 ranger 700 xp,05 scrambler 500
04 yfz450,06 predator 90
V-Quad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2003, 02:00:42 PM »

id like to add a comment...
croom is a gold mine for the dof...i inquired during the lunch break as to how much money croom made last year...
$500,000.00... Shocked
not bad...the problem at croom is trail grooming or lack thereof...
i also inquired about trail grooming...the machine is $25,000.00
there are currently no plans to purchase one

04 yfz450,06 predator 90
eiger_man

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2003, 05:54:43 PM »

V quad. What the heck exactly is a trail groomer?? Bulldozer,bobcat,a zambonie retrofitted for dirt,or a truckload of illegal aliens armed with rakes and shovels.Croom is not your local mx track!!The only way to groom those trails is to close it down and let mother nature take over for a couple of years!Not that I want that.

2006 Camo Suzuki Eiger
Maxxis Bighorns
Ricochet Skid Plates

2002 Red Suzuki Eiger
Mud Lites
Ricochet Skid Plates
FMF Pro Line Exhaust
2500 Warn Winch
V-Quad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2003, 11:10:56 AM »

the actual name escapes me right now...he told me but i dont remember... Huh
its a machine that scoops up the dirt in front of it and folds it over and drops it out the back side...
i actually saw one working  one time...pretty trick little item with a solo operator...

04 yfz450,06 predator 90
Hollywood
Supreme Member

Team ATP Racing #8

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2003, 01:25:31 AM »

So if you recently bought a new ATV from the dealer(like me) you should already have a title in your packet. Right? Or do I still need to go down to the DMV?

'99 4??EX: Laeger +2's, Elka Resi's, Tag bars, AC ProPeg, Sparks X6 exhaust, G-Force axle, Burgard stem/carrier, 250r Hood, Klaw MXR's, ATP Racing engine, LSR, MSR, PEP and the list goes on.

'03 Honda 250EX: Yea it's decked out too!

'03 Yamaha Blaster: Work in pr
Hollywood
Supreme Member

Team ATP Racing #8

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2003, 04:07:07 AM »

Thanks Wink

'99 4??EX: Laeger +2's, Elka Resi's, Tag bars, AC ProPeg, Sparks X6 exhaust, G-Force axle, Burgard stem/carrier, 250r Hood, Klaw MXR's, ATP Racing engine, LSR, MSR, PEP and the list goes on.

'03 Honda 250EX: Yea it's decked out too!

'03 Yamaha Blaster: Work in pr
swampfrog67

SPORTQUAD RIDER. 350 YAMAHA WARRIOR.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2004, 02:49:37 PM »

The title deal is a joke.  if that money goes to "our fund", then how much do we need to have before we have legal parks to ride and have fun in..? every year we are charged more and quads cost more, yet still no riding areas.  whats up with that...?
and Croom cost 50.00$ this yr.  my friend went in early jan. and that is what it cost him.  

JORGE
swampfrog67

SPORTQUAD RIDER. 350 YAMAHA WARRIOR.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2004, 02:58:43 PM »

dont get me wrong.  i dont mind paying to ride in a good area or park.  i just dont see the need to give the state money year after year and we are not gaining any riding areas.  this year we already have lost ocala national forest at night time.  that was one of the best parts of riding the forest.  i never heard about a vote on this.  a friend of mine lives in ocala, right next to the forest and he never knew about this plan either.  i am willing to do my part so i dont have to drive 1 to 6 hours away to ride my quad. it just seems like we are not gaining any ground....
WWW.ATVAONLINE.COM, is another way to fight this battle.  I AM A MEMBER....

JORGE
Dragorus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2004, 02:27:58 PM »

How do we get a title for a Financed bike?......Thought they didn't give the title untill it's paid off?.....
« Last Edit: February 12, 2004, 02:29:11 PM by Dragorus » Logged
Muddbuggy
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2004, 04:26:23 PM »

can we just let this post move down the list now?
Nobody has posted here since Feb.12

GOTTA HORNEY RHINO....06' CAMO
07' OZARK 250
05' Z250
05' Z400 ACnerfs/beadlocks/carbon fiber Yoshi

SEABEEJIM IS A CLOWN PUNCHER.....
LIV2RIDE
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2004, 06:17:26 PM »