Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MISSION: MUD - Okeechobee, FL  (Read 66094 times)
bigbirdh

with an atv there is no limit

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: August 10, 2008, 09:11:28 PM »

I will say i had a blast there this weekend was there friday thru sunday and other than the grass in the camps i thought it was great everything was covered from the most moderate rideing to extreme bottomless pits i am more of a water person myself but there were some good holes i found and we had a couple of spills in our group but you just flip it over drain it out and go on so all in all i had a good time would definately return.I will just bring my weedeater next time lol!!!
extremeforce

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: August 10, 2008, 10:02:15 PM »

yeah that grass was tall .edward made some promises he didnt keep but at the end of the day it was fun.we learned alot from this event and we are sure to make the next one even better.keep checking our web site for updates (atvsgonewildonline.com). Smiley
miassmaro98

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: August 10, 2008, 10:03:08 PM »

i think the only bad part of bamboo is not enough wash down stations

2006 wolverine 450 4x4
25 maxxis mudbugs
2k lb winch

----OFF ROAD DIESEL (RED)FOR SALE 3.50 A GALLON----
djskal

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: August 10, 2008, 11:44:21 PM »

It was an experience for sure. Not the best of them either. Anyone else encounter the scattered dead cows? So much for separate ATV and truck mud pits. It seemed that besides the competition drag strip, everyone gathered around the large mud pit, where anything with wheels, some pulling trailers ran through with no regard to those around them.  The competition mud pit was shallow on both sides, one side shallower then the other with a very deep middle. I witnessed one female racer get quite pissed when she was lined up 3 wide and she was stuck in the middle. I was completely pissed after driving for some time only to find that the admission fee was jacked up 15 bucks over the advertised price! WTF There was a clear lack of staff and hardly any enforcement of the rules. This was definitely not the family event it was advertised to be.

I had fun, only because of the group I rode with. Next time I'll save my money and time.
sbripple

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: August 11, 2008, 06:06:26 AM »

I didnt see any dead cows.I thought everything went well.The racing thing was a joke but I wasnt there for that anyhow.The mud pit was just a water hazard,no mud but it was funny watchin the ones that took it serious splash around in it.The muddy areas were a lot of fun.the wash down areas were great with plenty water pressure and the showers were nice too.I say high 5 to ed underhill and the atv's gone wild guys.Also the people that I met there were generally well behaved and pleasant,other than the few odd ones that shouldnt drink but still do.I think it was far better than the last 3 mudfests.
bigbirdh

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: August 11, 2008, 07:34:13 AM »

You know some people will find anything to pregnant dog about.I had issues to but would definately return it was there first event give them a break I was with the East coast Dirty girls and I would say we had the most participants in the racing and i believe i speak for all of us when i say we had a damn good time.You live and learn and for all who went and said they will not be back you might i say are fools what was broke they will fix and i think it will be twice the size next time.As far as control i saw them putting a stop to alot of things with my own eyes but you cant control everyone specially idiots thats get to drunk and have no control i drank all weekend and didnt hurt myself or others or my bike for that matter.DO IT AGAIN I WILL BE THERE!!!!!!!!!!
ATVSGONEWILD

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: August 11, 2008, 08:06:38 AM »

It was an experience for sure. Not the best of them either. Anyone else encounter the scattered dead cows? So much for separate ATV and truck mud pits. It seemed that besides the competition drag strip, everyone gathered around the large mud pit, where anything with wheels, some pulling trailers ran through with no regard to those around them.  The competition mud pit was shallow on both sides, one side shallower then the other with a very deep middle. I witnessed one female racer get quite pissed when she was lined up 3 wide and she was stuck in the middle. I was completely pissed after driving for some time only to find that the admission fee was jacked up 15 bucks over the advertised price! WTF There was a clear lack of staff and hardly any enforcement of the rules. This was definitely not the family event it was advertised to be.

I had fun, only because of the group I rode with. Next time I'll save my money and time.

I usually don't engage/reply to opinions on forums because everyone is entitled to their own and in most cases all opinions/comments are appreciated and used as input for future changes to improve everyone's experience at events, but in this case, I can't sit back and watch someone flat out make up stories (i.e. dead cows, trailers being towed in the mud pits, etc.).  This person sent me an email as well, and I apologized (like I did to everyone I met) about the last minute changes the property owner made that no one (including my crew) were aware of.  We are just as disappointed in his keeping his "word" as anyone, and unless some contractutal policies are put in place in the future, we will not likely be hosting any more events on his property.

Just to give everyone an idea of this person's (the one who posted the negative post and sent me the email) general attitude, here's a snip of the email I received....

"after a long, hot 2 hour drive"

I guess I needed to provide him/her an airconditioned vehicle to arrive in as well  Roll Eyes
crazy_f_o

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: August 11, 2008, 09:02:42 AM »

WELL I THINK IT WAS OK FOR A FIRST TIME EVENT. ONLY  THING THAT WAS BAD WAS THE GRASS IN THE CAMP BUT OTHER THAN THAT IT WAS FUN. WE GOT THEIR THURSDAY AND LEFT SUNDAY AND RODE ALL THE AREA BEFORE ANYONE  ELSE. ALL IN ALL IT WAS A GOOD TIME AND PROPS TO THE EAST COAST DIRTY GIRLS AND GUYS I HAD FUN RIDING WITH THEM FOR THE WEEKEND HOPE TO GET TOGETHER AGAIN AND RIDE. I HOPE SLICK WILL PUT MORE  FUEL IN HIS BIKE BEFORE WE GO OUT THO LOL  BUT  THAT GAVE US MORE TIME TO DRINK AND LAUGH AT SOMEONE TRYING TO WRESTLE ME INTO THE MUD LOL.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 12:53:11 PM by crazy_f_o » Logged
Greenbln117

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: August 11, 2008, 10:15:38 AM »

well..... Your website said $30.00 for the whole weekend but... you were making people pay $35.00. Also the QuadCross was a freaking joke. Oh yea your rules were BS.
No Glass bottles - SAW THAT
No Pets- SAW THAT I PUT DOG  MY IN BOARDING FOR $60.00 FREAKING BS AND MY DOG IS SMALL. THERE WERE FREAKING PITBULL AT THERE.
No Dirt Bikes or 3-Wheelers - CRAP LOAD

ATVSGONEWILD

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: August 11, 2008, 10:32:17 AM »

well..... Your website said $30.00 for the whole weekend but... you were making people pay $35.00. Also the QuadCross was a freaking joke. Oh yea your rules were BS.
No Glass bottles - SAW THAT
No Pets- SAW THAT I PUT DOG  MY IN BOARDING FOR $60.00 FREAKING BS AND MY DOG IS SMALL. THERE WERE FREAKING PITBULL AT THERE.
No Dirt Bikes or 3-Wheelers - CRAP LOAD

Again, I apologize for the gate entry fee change, but we were not aware of it either, and although I said it before, I'll reiterate, that ATVS GONE WILD did not receive any profits from the gate or any part of the event for that matter.  The owner decided he wanted $35 instead (after we had already pulled in and started the event) and we were all at his mercy.  Trust me, I'm not happy about having to explain this to everyone and having our name associated to it....especially when there is no benefit to us.

As far as the other rules, all we can do is put them in place, make everyone aware of them, and do our best to address those who are not following them.  They are the same rules posted at every other event.  I haven't been to a single event where I didn't see them being broken.  Ultimately the rules are there for safety reasons, and I appreciate that you decided to follow them (I wish everyone would).  The property owner threw several people out during the course of the event, but in an area so big with several thosands of people, its impossible to police everyone (just like any other event).  No one was hurt during the entire weekend thanks to people like you who followed the rules.
mudbeauty

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: August 11, 2008, 11:29:33 AM »

give these guys a break.  i have never seen so many negative posts before about an event that everyone (even those with the negative comments) say they had a good time at.  i have been to many different events over the years, and people never follow the rules.  This event had a great variety of riding areas and even some competitions (who were enjoyed by those who participated).  The events would have been better if you guys saying they were a “joke” would have actually competed because more people would have been involved.  What I do know is that folks were cheering on the competitors and both banks were lined up with folks watching the action. 

if you read these forums, it seems to me that everyone enjoyed themselves...dude it is a place to ride, your complaing about $35 bucks, when atvs gone wild set this event so people wouldn't have to pay $100 at mudfest.

e.c.dirtyboy slick

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: August 11, 2008, 01:05:15 PM »

[give these guys a break.  i have never seen so many negative posts before about an event that everyone (even those with the negative comments) say they had a good time at.  i have been to many different events over the years, and people never follow the rules.  This event had a great variety of riding areas and even some competitions (who were enjoyed by those who participated).  The events would have been better if you guys saying they were a “joke” would have actually competed because more people would have been involved.  What I do know is that folks were cheering on the competitors and both banks were lined up with folks watching the action. 

if you read these forums, it seems to me that everyone enjoyed themselves...dude it is a place to ride, your complaing about $35 bucks, when atvs gone wild set this event so people wouldn't have to pay $100 at mudfest.]

Well said Mudbeauty,

I think the guys from Atvsgonewild did a good job with the event, the racing was fun and the pit was low on the sides but that just made it a wet drag race still fun, i wish more people would have gave it a try, they might have enjoyed it. And yes i even ran out of gas, not one of my better moments of the weekend but all in all we met a great group of people and regarless of the location i will support the crew from Atvsgonewild. Just keep in mind that even though they setup the event they do not own the land and have limited say and control to last minute changes. I will say that Mr. Underhill drove by our group and thanked us for comeing and that does not always happen at other areas. 

jrpro130
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: August 11, 2008, 04:04:14 PM »

I beg to differ about some things.  For 1, I saw one dead cow, in the FRONT mudhole none-the-less.  I was not too happy with the conditions, just water and sand, no real "mud" to be found except in one hole.  I mean, for what it is, it is great. 

Like i said before NONE OF THIS IS ATVSGONEWILDS fault! I am not pointing fingers, just explaining the facts.  I'm an avid mudder, I'm used to riding sawgrass and swamp...so this is a whole different world for me, I'm also used to riding lcross, and I thought it would be similar...

I didn't camp, because I knew the conditions there...so you could say it's my own fault for attending, but I don't know if i'll be going to bamboo again, i wasn't real happy with the riding. 

But two thumbs up for atvsgonewild first event! Seems like all went well.  You guys need to get with lcross though...way better riding!!!

08 Brute 750
Snorkel/Radiator Relocated, 29.5's, Muzzy, PCIII, UNI, and a few other custom mods
HVYHLR53

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: August 11, 2008, 05:30:41 PM »

Maybe they left the cow there incase someone forgot to stop and buy burgers.

2006 Dodge Ram 1500
2006 Honda Rincon 680 - Mine
2006 Honda Rancher 350 - Hers
2006 Carter Talon GX150IIR - Mini Hers
2005 Honda Recon 250 - Mini Hers
2004 Harley RoadKing FLHPI - Mine
2003 Airboat "Glades" SB Chevy 350 5 Blade Warp Drive

"If my signal is flashing, Im not asking permission"
sbripple

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: August 11, 2008, 06:04:11 PM »

i had a great time.Did not expect it to go off without a few hitches.I love underhills and this weekend was better than ever.thanks again to atvsgonewild for pomoting it and getting everyone out and also for teaching john sales a lesson.Also thanks to all the  cool people that made it a great gathering.
e.c.dirtyboy slick

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: August 11, 2008, 06:31:16 PM »

[WELL I THINK IT WAS OK FOR A FIRST TIME EVENT. ONLY  THING THAT WAS BAD WAS THE GRASS IN THE CAMP BUT OTHER THAN THAT IT WAS FUN. WE GOT THEIR THURSDAY AND LEFT SUNDAY AND RODE ALL THE AREA BEFORE ANYONE  ELSE. ALL IN ALL IT WAS A GOOD TIME AND PROPS TO THE EAST COAST DIRTY GIRLS AND GUYS I HAD FUN RIDING WITH THEM FOR THE WEEKEND HOPE TO GET TOGETHER AGAIN AND RIDE. I HOPE SLICK WILL PUT MORE  FUEL IN HIS BIKE BEFORE WE GO OUT THO LOL  BUT  THAT GAVE US MORE TIME TO DRINK AND LAUGH AT SOMEONE TRYING TO WRESTLE ME INTO THE MUD LOL.]

/

Carzy,

We had a blast with you guys, look forward to our next 5a ride and hope you guys will make the trip with us to Creekbottom, you know i wouldnt have ran out of gas if i would have turned to bike off while i was trying to get that little white bike of you on stuck..... lol    had a great time.

bigbirdh

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: August 11, 2008, 06:45:49 PM »

you ran out of gas cause of the trips to the camp for beer dont lie lmao!!!!
ATVSGONEWILD

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: August 11, 2008, 07:21:43 PM »

Like i said before NONE OF THIS IS ATVSGONEWILDS fault! I am not pointing fingers, just explaining the facts.  I'm an avid mudder, I'm used to riding sawgrass and swamp...so this is a whole different world for me, I'm also used to riding lcross, and I thought it would be similar...

But two thumbs up for atvsgonewild first event! Seems like all went well.  You guys need to get with lcross though...way better riding!!!

I appreciate your ability to separate those of us who worked hard to put the event on and promoted it in order to spread the word and provide folks with a fun alternative to the higher costs of Mudfest from those who let greed get in the way and ended up making empty promises.  At the end of the day, we certainly apologize for the surprise at the gate as well as the lax regulation of the rules previously agreed upon (i.e. vehicle type, pets, etc.) fueled by one man's greed.  Unfortunately nowadays you can't take anyone's "word" for what its worth.  We felt like there was no need to get anything in writing given the fact that there were no monetary details involved, and that's what ultimately put us at the property owner's mercy.   

I think we can all agree that the event was fun and something different than anything else around.  We need to take our show on the road elsewhere and deal with folks who know how to treat their customers with respect and appreciation.  We plan on getting in touch with other properties/owners for the next event and would certainly appreciate everyone's continued support in our effort to find the right combination of location and event content.  We plan on taking the lessons we learned with us to continue to improve what we offer.
ATVSGONEWILD

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: August 11, 2008, 07:25:14 PM »

FYI our crew will be at Creek Bottom...probably the last event we will include in our first video. 
dj_pizzim
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: August 11, 2008, 07:40:51 PM »

I appreciate your ability to separate those of us who worked hard to put the event on and promoted it in order to spread the word and provide folks with a fun alternative to the higher costs of Mudfest from those who let greed get in the way and ended up making empty promises.  At the end of the day, we certainly apologize for the surprise at the gate as well as the lax regulation of the rules previously agreed upon (i.e. vehicle type, pets, etc.) fueled by one man's greed.  Unfortunately nowadays you can't take anyone's "word" for what its worth.  We felt like there was no need to get anything in writing given the fact that there were no monetary details involved, and that's what ultimately put us at the property owner's mercy.   

I think we can all agree that the event was fun and something different than anything else around.  We need to take our show on the road elsewhere and deal with folks who know how to treat their customers with respect and appreciation.  We plan on getting in touch with other properties/owners for the next event and would certainly appreciate everyone's continued support in our effort to find the right combination of location and event content.  We plan on taking the lessons we learned with us to continue to improve what we offer.

Sounds like you should talk to the owner of the motoplex

jrpro130
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: August 11, 2008, 08:03:10 PM »

I may be down for the plex...LONG LONG drive for me though.  I prefer lcross

08 Brute 750
Snorkel/Radiator Relocated, 29.5's, Muzzy, PCIII, UNI, and a few other custom mods
toyazman76

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: August 11, 2008, 08:11:41 PM »

We had fun but was expecting more change. We bring the kids out every once in awhile and it didn't change besides the race pit, a little more water and some showers. For an event I was expecting more. It's kinda a shame to because Bamboo could be a killer place to ride with some planning and proper land management. Didn't really like how skinny the cows were either (they need to be feed more than pasture grass) Good job ATV'sgonewild now let's find a better piece of land.
crazy_f_o

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: August 11, 2008, 08:18:01 PM »

/

Crazy,

We had a blast with you guys, look forward to our next 5a ride and hope you guys will make the trip with us to Creekbottom, you know i wouldnt have ran out of gas if i would have turned to bike off while i was trying to get that little white bike of you on stuck..... lol    had a great time.

[/quote]

well thats what happens when the big bikes are a afraid to go into the  holes lol hell i went like 6 times  and like a dumbass i tried to go the opposite way and   hit the damn ruts lol
mad dog

See you on the trails. www.MADDOGRIDES.com

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: August 12, 2008, 10:43:49 AM »

WELL I THINK IT WAS OK FOR A FIRST TIME EVENT. ONLY  THING THAT WAS BAD WAS THE GRASS IN THE CAMP BUT OTHER THAN THAT IT WAS FUN. WE GOT THEIR THURSDAY AND LEFT SUNDAY AND RODE ALL THE AREA BEFORE ANYONE  ELSE. ALL IN ALL IT WAS A GOOD TIME AND PROPS TO THE EAST COAST DIRTY GIRLS AND GUYS I HAD FUN RIDING WITH THEM FOR THE WEEKEND HOPE TO GET TOGETHER AGAIN AND RIDE. I HOPE SLICK WILL PUT MORE  FUEL IN HIS BIKE BEFORE WE GO OUT THO LOL  BUT  THAT GAVE US MORE TIME TO DRINK AND LAUGH AT SOMEONE TRYING TO WRESTLE ME INTO THE MUD LOL.
High grass in camping area? Thats why they call it camping. Roughing it is good somtimes.

Man must ride to be free, once he has experienced freedom there is no other way.
www.MADDOGRIDES.com
e.c.dirtyboy slick

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: August 12, 2008, 02:11:49 PM »

FYI our crew will be at Creek Bottom...probably the last event we will include in our first video. 

CreekBottom will be a great event... Oct 2-5th, There is every type of riding condition at that park. Deep Water, Thick Mud, Trails top notch race pit's and the camping areas are huge lot's of shade. Free wash rack and hot ... real hot showers. It would be great if we could get a huge group from FL to make the trip. 

On a side note anyone looking for a great park and event to attend on Labor Day look no futher than the MotoPlex.. they have spent alot of time and money making the park a sweet place to ride. This is a very family friendly park, they have youth tracks, one way trails, every type of rider was considered. They treat there cusomers like family and you will have a good time. And oh yes there is a huge section of the park dedicated for all us mudders. Hope to see all of you guys at the comeing events, keep things safe and support what we all love.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com