Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: official closure  (Read 2416 times)
brett711

www.??????.com

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: June 28, 2008, 02:28:06 AM »

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/outdoors/sfl-flspatv28sbjun28,0,989201.story

check the link out, closures of the glades is in the paper

2007 honda rancher
Justardnck

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2008, 05:32:48 AM »

It sucks, although I've never been to any of those places I remember when I was thrown out of Okeechobee Woods and The Towers up here in Palm Beach. Both places were a blast, what makes me mad about them was they had the same or similar reasons for closing them. The said Okeechobee Woods was the water catchman area for the West Palm drinking water... this is the same place that now has a Target, a strip mall,a GAS STATION and other environmentally sensitive buildings on them   Undecided
digginfool
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2008, 08:52:09 AM »

I find the last sentence very interesting.  It is precisely what I predicted several months ago; there will be an out-right ban of at least a couple years followed by a strictly controlled re-introduction of riding into the area, most likely utilizing quotas and heavy fees.  I was a bit surprised at the leniency in the fines; $61.00 won't exactly be much of a deterent and the $500.00 maximum probably wouldn't be imposed by any but the strictest of judges.  So long Holey Lands.  You will be missed.   Cry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
cg54329

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2008, 03:46:14 PM »

well i guess street riding is back in the picture
Anoriginal

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2008, 07:40:41 PM »

Always sad when a riding area is lost. Even more sad when the closure was brought on by a very specific type/group of riders. Reality is smacking us in the face again. But, to point fingers wouldn't be politically correct.
jrpro130
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2008, 08:57:00 PM »

Always sad when a riding area is lost. Even more sad when the closure was brought on by a very specific type/group of riders. Reality is smacking us in the face again. But, to point fingers wouldn't be politically correct.

I'll come right out and say who got it shut down.  The people on stolen bikes, improper use of flags, reckless driving...etc, etc, etc.

Or was it the atrocious amount of garbage and beer cans? Or the disrespect of the land?

Sad I hate that it is closed down, but I stopped riding there months ago.  I can't deal with all the disorderly people and getting rocks flown at my truck...not to mention there is a rut where someone got stuck that shouldn't be out there every 2 ft.

08 Brute 750
Snorkel/Radiator Relocated, 29.5's, Muzzy, PCIII, UNI, and a few other custom mods
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com