Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Who do you guys think makes the best pick up truck
Ford - 31 (26.5%)
Chevy - 25 (21.4%)
Dodge - 16 (13.7%)
Toyota - 22 (18.8%)
Isuzu - 3 (2.6%)
Nissan - 5 (4.3%)
GMC - 10 (8.5%)
other - 5 (4.3%)
Total Voters: 79

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who makes the best pickup?  (Read 21562 times)
Chevy1500z71
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2008, 01:26:18 PM »

I hate these debates because I believe it doesn't matter what you drive just take care of it (as far as trucks go) I have seen all the above manufacture go 300,000 miles with people who take care of their trucks.  On another note I hate to go along with "fads" and what I mean by that is all these 16 year olds out driving around in a lifted (sky high) diesel just because it "looks and sounds cool"  (have you ever had to work or play out of a truck lifted... not fun) People seem to go on other peoples words instead of really sitting down and researching on your own.  Word of mouth is good BUT ultimately YOU are making the payments get what you want!  Just my 2 cents

that is very true, im not a ford fan but i can admit that the older ford trucks (early 90s) were very reliable, i just dont like them much. its all about what you like, HOWEVER there is a lack of technical knowledge ion this particular forum, so its not really fair to argue who makes the best truck when all you can say is you have owned one for a while and you like it... theres more to it than that. to most people its just about what looks better/more comfortable ect, becasue they will just trade it in in 2 years and who cares if it last forever...
Team Alba Z400 Rider 43

The more people I meet, the more I like my dog..

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: July 02, 2008, 01:39:22 PM »

I agree with you KFXr0b, there engine selection makes you shrug your soulders. As for the cummins in a dodge. You can also get a cummins or catepillar in a Ford, if you want.

-2006 Suzuki LT-R450-
-2004 Suzuki LT-Z400-

Harry: "Yeah I called her up, she gave me a bunch of crap about me not listening to her, or something, I don't know, I wasn't really paying attention." - Dumb and Dumber
BIGREDTIDE

3-wheelers....you just gotta know how to ride 'em!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: July 02, 2008, 01:59:29 PM »

I'm a Ford man....owned several with well over 120,000 miles, never had problems with any of 'em.  Heck!!  My Mom's 1993 Ford F150 has a better ride (suspension wise) than most all the NEW trucks out to date, Nissan, Ford, Chevy, GMC.  

Currently driving a 2000 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE....love it, other than the harsh ride, but haven't had no problems so far w/125,000 miles.

Would like to have the new Tundra.  The TRD has the best ride of any full size truck.  This is hands down the best overall, and most reliable full size truck going. 

Again...I'm a Ford man, driving a GMC, and wanting the new Tundra.   Grin

They are ALL good trucks, just some better than others.   Wink

« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 02:08:04 PM by BIGREDTIDE » Logged

Jeff
'85 250ES Big Red
'03 CBR 600RR
BIGREDTIDE

3-wheelers....you just gotta know how to ride 'em!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: July 02, 2008, 02:13:11 PM »

That just looks goood!!  Thanks!
 Cool

Jeff
'85 250ES Big Red
'03 CBR 600RR
yunt2ride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: July 02, 2008, 02:30:45 PM »

That just looks goood!!  Thanks!
 Cool

They circled the problem. LOL

1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo
IXIswamperIXI
Supreme Member

Rich men use dollars, Common folks use sense

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: July 02, 2008, 03:13:51 PM »

obvious oval  Shocked

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
Team Alba Z400 Rider 43

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: July 02, 2008, 03:21:12 PM »

I don't know about the tundra. If your just going to be using it as a daily driver sure. Those things are fast to. But If you really wanted to beat on it, I dont think so. Plus they have the weakest frame. Watch this short test on the suspension.

-2006 Suzuki LT-R450-
-2004 Suzuki LT-Z400-

Harry: "Yeah I called her up, she gave me a bunch of crap about me not listening to her, or something, I don't know, I wasn't really paying attention." - Dumb and Dumber
Chevy1500z71
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: July 02, 2008, 03:31:50 PM »

the tundra is a piece of junk... thats nothing new to me. the real competition is Chevy vs ford. the fact is when you buy a Chevy, you have more than just a "truck engine" the after market is endless. you buy an f150 and you get the triton 5.4... nothing special. you buy a Chevy 1500 and you get an ls based engine, and if you dont know the advantage of having an engine like an ls2 6.0, or the smaller 5.3.. well then you just dont get it, you must be a ford owner lol

like i said, theres far more to it than "my dads ford lasted forever becasue it was an inline 6, ford must be the best!"
Team Alba Z400 Rider 43

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: July 02, 2008, 03:43:06 PM »

the tundra is a piece of junk... thats nothing new to me. the real competition is Chevy vs ford. the fact is when you buy a Chevy, you have more than just a "truck engine" the after market is endless. you buy an f150 and you get the triton 5.4... nothing special. you buy a Chevy 1500 and you get an ls based engine, and if you dont know the advantage of having an engine like an ls2 6.0, or the smaller 5.3.. well then you just dont get it, you must be a ford owner lol

like i said, theres far more to it than "my dads ford lasted forever becasue it was an inline 6, ford must be the best!"

I agree with you. It's nice to see someone look at both sides of the issue. Ford needs to do away with the underpowered 5.4 330. They are supposedly going to have a 6.2L option in the near future. But you won't see it on the 09's. My dad works at Gulf Coast Ford, and most of my family has Fords for the exceptions of a few BMW's and good ol chevy's. My dad used to have a 1970 boss 302, along with 3 other corvettes over a period of time. But I get nothing but hell, seeing I drive a dodge pickup Angry. Sometimes, they make me park around back.

-2006 Suzuki LT-R450-
-2004 Suzuki LT-Z400-

Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: July 03, 2008, 10:37:58 PM »

dang, you beat me to it.
gtnwood

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: July 04, 2008, 03:03:07 PM »

I'm a Ford man....owned several with well over 120,000 miles, never had problems with any of 'em.  Heck!!  My Mom's 1993 Ford F150 has a better ride (suspension wise) than most all the NEW trucks out to date, Nissan, Ford, Chevy, GMC.  

Currently driving a 2000 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE....love it, other than the harsh ride, but haven't had no problems so far w/125,000 miles.

Would like to have the new Tundra.  The TRD has the best ride of any full size truck.  This is hands down the best overall, and most reliable full size truck going. 

Again...I'm a Ford man, driving a GMC, and wanting the new Tundra.   Grin

They are ALL good trucks, just some better than others.   Wink

If thats true then ya dont wanna read what consumers reports said about them Roll Eyes

'Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and
rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition
that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.'
(From a Texas A&M student)
2005 Kodiak 450, 26" 589s
Chevy1500z71
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: July 05, 2008, 10:39:03 AM »

a 93 f150 has a solid front axle, so how in the world can you say that rides better than your ifs chevy?
DOITHARD

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: July 05, 2008, 04:03:22 PM »

In my book Dodge make a good truck specially with Cummings engines...Had a Dodge '04 2500 SB Laramie 4x4 Cummings w/ 97k traded for New '08 3500 DRW LB Laramie 4x4. Did not have a problem with the 04 and we tow 41' toyhauler 18k lbs.  Bought a new truck because the market was right and still got $18k for the '04...also the previous truck was not big enough for the toyhauler...we were border line on the towing wgt.

To be honest, we liked the Ford Super Duty 350 Duallys but we were hesitant about all the stories we were hearing about the diesel engines.  Didn't want to get stuck with eng problems in the middle of a trip.
rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: August 08, 2008, 12:22:33 AM »

ford and chevy is where its at

98% of the teenage population will try or does smoke pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this into your signature.
miker

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: August 08, 2008, 06:28:25 AM »

Tundra owner here.  I can definitely confirm that it's a piece of junk.  My wifes Tahoe is the nicest truck I ever drove.
FORD4X4GIRL

TRX's Baby Mamma !

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: August 08, 2008, 08:21:46 AM »

If you're talking about 1/2 ton trucks, Ford is junk comperd to GM.

I have owned Fords since I started driving 20 years ago and haven't had any issues with any of them. It's like atvs, it's all in how you take care of them that counts!

I totally agree ! we own 4 Fords - 03 Expedition, 04 F150, 91 Bronco & 95 F250 - the 03 & the 95 have over 120,000 miles on them & the 95 has run the Playpen at RR many many times .... You just cant kill'em .... Granted they brake but each time its not been over a $50.00 repair ....

the key to 500,000 miles + in a ford is maintenance ..... maintenance..... maintenance .....

"What lies ahead and what lies behind us are only tiny matters to What Lies Within Us..."
.gif
Anoriginal

« Reply #66 on: August 08, 2008, 09:05:00 AM »

Tonka makes the best truck......PERIOD.
backwoods boy
Supreme Member

REBEL MOTORSPORTS

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: August 08, 2008, 12:14:53 PM »

get whatever you like best ive never had a dodge but a friend had one of the hemis and it was pretty durable my mom had the 5.4 ford as well as the 6.0 td both good but the 6.0 was awesome it had 150k hard hard miles on it oil changed ever 5-6k miles [not my choice] but other than that exhuast sensor recall kept going out probably cuz it was under water alot and a leaking water pump we never had a problem

NObama08 '' nigga please its the WHITE house''
LIVE FAST-PLAY HARD-DIE LAUGHING
megapurt400

Do not mistake my kindness for weakness!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: August 12, 2008, 03:55:16 PM »

I am going to have to go with Anoriginal - TONKA TRUCKS RULE! First Place
BDOG 4X4

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: August 12, 2008, 04:40:33 PM »

FORD  [><]
 First Place
atvdude01

out here ridin!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: August 14, 2008, 09:38:57 PM »

definately chevy or gmc, theyre some of the longest lastin fulltime pickups if ya take care of em

-Flatts-
05 honda rancher 4x4, highlifter lift kit, 25" itp mudlite XL's
98% of the teenage population will try or does smoke pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this into your signature. www.myspace.com/crazy_b
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com