Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Who do you guys think makes the best pick up truck
Ford - 31 (26.5%)
Chevy - 25 (21.4%)
Dodge - 16 (13.7%)
Toyota - 22 (18.8%)
Isuzu - 3 (2.6%)
Nissan - 5 (4.3%)
GMC - 10 (8.5%)
other - 5 (4.3%)
Total Voters: 79

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who makes the best pickup?  (Read 21580 times)
TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

**** Frank **** **FF&J Racing**

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2008, 03:02:23 PM »

ya drive a down your street and count em sometime
atleast here in brevard id say 3 out of every 4 trucks you see are ford especially f250

that's only because you're in the south.  ford is not as popular as chevy/dodge in the northern states

Where is the source of that information?

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.
backwoods boy
Supreme Member

REBEL MOTORSPORTS

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2008, 03:03:21 PM »

dang dont get me started on those old ford highboys best lookin trucks if you want weekend toy
but ya for the difference in gas i wish i never woulda sold my f150 it got like 17/20 my lil nissan only gets 21/25 those are both 2wd and i drove em both pretty hard

NObama08 '' nigga please its the WHITE house''
LIVE FAST-PLAY HARD-DIE LAUGHING
TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

**** Frank **** **FF&J Racing**

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2008, 03:05:35 PM »

I said 1/2 ton p/u

Also I sell wholesale auto parts for 24 years and we sell a lot more Ford stuff then GM.

Gotcha!!!  Wink

The wholesale parts you sell, are they performance parts by any chance?  I will say that Fords off the lot are way under powered than their SAFE capabilities. Roll Eyes

Just stock replacement, nothing high performance.
thats cuz theres more fords out there than chevy and dodge combined i had a 90 fullsize bronco w/ 200k on the clock and it never left me stranded and i beat the HELL outta it caught air in it more than once and had it up to 45 in holopaw on those whooped out trails and it towed my jeep w/ an 8'' lift thru all the sugar sand and back to the parking lot i sold it to a friend and he still drives it

i also had a mazda pickup/ranger had it in water up to the windshield and left it there for a day and a half and all i did was chnge the distributor and plugs and it was back in business too bad it took me 2 months to figure what was wrong w/ it  by that time i had another dd oh and the radio was never the same lol

Do you have facts to back that?

i would say that there are more Fords too. the Ford Superduties way out sell the others. or maybe its because chevy and dodge break down so often i never see them. if i had to get a domestic truck it would be a Ford. but i dont so i drive Toyotas.

I'm talking about 1/2 ton trucks

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.
backwoods boy
Supreme Member

REBEL MOTORSPORTS

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2008, 03:08:57 PM »

both my uncles have farms in ohio even though 1 swears by international harvester and 1 by john deere they both admit fords are the most popular truck and they use and abuse there trucks my 1 uncle had his spare tire on the passenger floor of his ranger or you woulda fallen out a 2ft rust hole in it but it was still runnin strong and doin farm work at 20 yrs old  but i do see alot more dodge/chev. up there than down here

yunt2ride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2008, 05:27:04 PM »

When it come to make of truck, ford is the leading seller in light duty trucks. But when it comes to Manufaturer. GM sells the most. Its like this, when you put Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra combined, then GM outsells the competition.

1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo
backinsaddle

« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2008, 09:45:16 AM »

ya drive a down your street and count em sometime
atleast here in brevard id say 3 out of every 4 trucks you see are ford especially f250

that's only because you're in the south.  ford is not as popular as chevy/dodge in the northern states

Where is the source of that information?

I couldn't find any stats by state/region, only trucks in total, so I don't have proof other than living the 1st 20 years of life in the north, and the last 20 down here. 
GENERAL-Z
Supreme Member

ya i got one

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2008, 10:55:19 AM »

I said 1/2 ton p/u

Also I sell wholesale auto parts for 24 years and we sell a lot more Ford stuff then GM.

Gotcha!!!  Wink

The wholesale parts you sell, are they performance parts by any chance?  I will say that Fords off the lot are way under powered than their SAFE capabilities. Roll Eyes

Just stock replacement, nothing high performance.
thats cuz theres more fords out there than chevy and dodge combined i had a 90 fullsize bronco w/ 200k on the clock and it never left me stranded and i beat the HELL outta it caught air in it more than once and had it up to 45 in holopaw on those whooped out trails and it towed my jeep w/ an 8'' lift thru all the sugar sand and back to the parking lot i sold it to a friend and he still drives it

i also had a mazda pickup/ranger had it in water up to the windshield and left it there for a day and a half and all i did was chnge the distributor and plugs and it was back in business too bad it took me 2 months to figure what was wrong w/ it  by that time i had another dd oh and the radio was never the same lol
thats cause there on the side of the road

2002 blaster pro circuit pipe,works shocks,new head an piston,just broke in an quick

2000 honda fourtrax currently in pieces

1984 chevy scottsdale 1500 4x4 4inch lift 6.2l diesel 95000 original miles 20mpg city 23 hwy
Chevy1500z71
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2008, 11:09:55 AM »

ford does not have the best selling pick up... gm does, they say the f150 is the most sold pickup ever becasue they compare the sales to chevy OR gmc, not gm 1/2 tons as a whole... there aren't more fords on the road is what im getting at. and if you say you have more people buying factory parts for fords than anything else than wouldnt that meen that they are breaking more? lol
gtnwood

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2008, 05:28:22 PM »

When it come to make of truck, ford is the leading seller in light duty trucks. But when it comes to Manufaturer. GM sells the most. Its like this, when you put Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra combined, then GM outsells the competition.
Xactly right

'Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and
rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition
that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.'
(From a Texas A&M student)
2005 Kodiak 450, 26" 589s
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2008, 07:41:17 PM »

Xactly right

pretty bad that it takes 2 manufactures to take one.
Young Gun
Supreme Member

Murray Enterprises

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2008, 08:19:19 PM »

LOL

2008 KFX450R
Full DASA Exhaust, FCI, Dynojet PC5, Hiper CF1 Beadlocks, ITP GNCC Holeshots, IMS Roll Bumper, ProArmor FAT Peg Nerfbars, Red Radiator hoses, Engine ICE Coolant, Spider Grips, Blingster Rear Grab Bar

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...
Chevy1500z71
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2008, 08:57:16 PM »

Xactly right

Shocked are you joking? its one manufacturer under 2 separate names... gm just makes and sells more trucks.
gtnwood

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2008, 10:51:28 PM »

yes he's joking, it's just so hard to let go of the Ford falacy that they are the best selling  Grin

'Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and
rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition
that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.'
(From a Texas A&M student)
2005 Kodiak 450, 26" 589s
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2008, 10:59:50 PM »

Xactly right

Shocked are you joking? its one manufacturer under 2 separate names... gm just makes and sells more trucks.

yes, this whole thread is a joke. its pointless. everyone will say what they drive is better and defend it no matter what. i drive a toyota and always will (unless they start to break). so, i say toyota is better. you say checy s better cause you drive one. if we did a search to find threads like this on quads and trucks, there would probably be over a hundred. and they all turn out the same.
KD 428
Supreme Member

FTR #428

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2008, 11:36:14 PM »

haha

HONDA CRF450R
MadMudder
Supreme Member

Semper Fi

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2008, 12:44:28 AM »

I personally have never understood the brand thing. To me what matters is what kinda deal you can get and if your truck does what you want it to then it shouldnt matter what logo is stamped on the front of it. I drive an old ford f150 and so far its been great. Just happen to come across a good deal on it. Its not like ford makes wondermobiles and gmc and everyone else makes turds. Fact is that today the market is so competitive that all the trucks from the major manufactures are good. If they werent then they would go out of business very quickly. Thats why i voted for 8 different brands.  Cool

2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2008, 02:49:11 PM »

I personally have never understood the brand thing. To me what matters is what kinda deal you can get and if your truck does what you want it to then it shouldnt matter what logo is stamped on the front of it. I drive an old ford f150 and so far its been great. Just happen to come across a good deal on it. Its not like ford makes wondermobiles and gmc and everyone else makes turds. Fact is that today the market is so competitive that all the trucks from the major manufactures are good. If they werent then they would go out of business very quickly. Thats why i voted for 8 different brands.  Cool

ford and dodge are on the way out. trucks were keeping ford alive and they just cut production on them. noone is gonna buy one now. soon it will be toyota and gm ruling the industry (well, they already are, i think they are the two top leading in total sales).
FoxHondaRider
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2008, 11:21:30 PM »

Toyota Tundra and Tacoma are both great trucks.  They last long and are built well.  They get pretty decent gas milage.  Too bad gas is so high I wanted to see Toyota make a dually

2004 Honda 400EX
If you can beat me i'll tell you whats done
Chevy1500z71
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2008, 09:25:54 AM »

fox, your wrong about the whole people just say what they drive is the best. thats not true. iv been a chevy guy since before i could drive, i bought a chevy because thats what i like. i dont defend it simply becasue i drive one. for example, i have a kawi kfx400, but i honestly dont think its the best quad out there...
nobull60

Semper Fi

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2008, 11:17:29 AM »

Dodge w/Cummins.......no better truck out there period.
Chevy1500z71
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2008, 11:18:58 AM »

Dodge w/Cummins.......no better truck out there period.

cummins is one of the best diesels out there... its a shame that your stuck with the dodge truck if you want one lol
IXIswamperIXI
Supreme Member

Rich men use dollars, Common folks use sense

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2008, 11:44:34 AM »

I hate these debates because I believe it doesn't matter what you drive just take care of it (as far as trucks go) I have seen all the above manufacture go 300,000 miles with people who take care of their trucks.  On another note I hate to go along with "fads" and what I mean by that is all these 16 year olds out driving around in a lifted (sky high) diesel just because it "looks and sounds cool"  (have you ever had to work or play out of a truck lifted... not fun) People seem to go on other peoples words instead of really sitting down and researching on your own.  Word of mouth is good BUT ultimately YOU are making the payments get what you want!  Just my 2 cents

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
backwoods boy
Supreme Member

REBEL MOTORSPORTS

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2008, 12:28:40 PM »

i personally think all newer vehicles are getting crappier my moms 04 250 held up better interior wise than her 07 150 but my 1990 bronco was better than either of em paint loose knobs faded dash etc wise i drive an 04 chevy 3500 at work that has 89k miles on it and its worse/less reliable than my 88 fullsize blazer was i think manufacturers are realizing most people dont keep there vehicles nearly as long and are cutting corners using cheaper parts etc...

Young Gun
Supreme Member

Murray Enterprises

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: July 02, 2008, 12:37:05 PM »

2008 KFX450R
Full DASA Exhaust, FCI, Dynojet PC5, Hiper CF1 Beadlocks, ITP GNCC Holeshots, IMS Roll Bumper, ProArmor FAT Peg Nerfbars, Red Radiator hoses, Engine ICE Coolant, Spider Grips, Blingster Rear Grab Bar

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...
kfx400rob
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2008, 01:21:42 PM »

fords engine selection is crap imo. I wont go into detail as to why ford sucks, because they have a few good products, and it would cause a huge stupid argument anyways. chevy gets my vote.

06 kfx400
00 ez-go with rotax 503.
01 gmc 2500 d-max.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com