Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Who do you guys think makes the best pick up truck
Ford - 31 (26.5%)
Chevy - 25 (21.4%)
Dodge - 16 (13.7%)
Toyota - 22 (18.8%)
Isuzu - 3 (2.6%)
Nissan - 5 (4.3%)
GMC - 10 (8.5%)
other - 5 (4.3%)
Total Voters: 79

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who makes the best pickup?  (Read 21586 times)
rider

View Profile

Ignore
« on: June 25, 2008, 06:28:52 PM »

What do yall think?

98% of the teenage population will try or does smoke pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this into your signature.
kanan84

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 07:39:18 PM »

I have a Dodge Dakota. It hauls a Rincon 680, a Rancher 400 and a Recon 250 where ever I need to go. i am a Dodge Girl!

Kelly
GENERAL-Z
Supreme Member

ya i got one

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2008, 07:49:32 PM »

I have a Dodge Dakota. It hauls a Rincon 680, a Rancher 400 and a Recon 250 where ever I need to go. i am a Dodge Girl!

Kelly
the only reason u like dodge is cause youve never driven a chevy. Grin j/k as long as its an american truck it just fine.this thread might get ugly

2002 blaster pro circuit pipe,works shocks,new head an piston,just broke in an quick

2000 honda fourtrax currently in pieces

1984 chevy scottsdale 1500 4x4 4inch lift 6.2l diesel 95000 original miles 20mpg city 23 hwy
kanan84

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2008, 08:46:02 PM »

Kelly
the only reason u like dodge is cause youve never driven a chevy. Grin j/k as long as its an american truck it just fine.this thread might get ugly

no, please, any thing but ugly Smiley.....
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2008, 01:07:21 AM »

Toyota! Yall can say what you want but until one breaks on me Ill drive them. Im done with domestic crap and their problems.
shogun323
Supreme Member

Fuzzy Pickles #1 Dancer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2008, 01:02:20 PM »

Love my Tundra!!!!

"An armed society is a polite society." ~Robert A. Heinlein
94Hardbody4x4
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2008, 01:04:36 PM »

DEF NOT A FORD  Thumbs Down

Parting out 2005 Honda Foreman....ASK ME!
backinsaddle

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2008, 01:15:46 PM »

Toyota! Yall can say what you want but until one breaks on me Ill drive them. Im done with domestic crap and their problems.

yeah, my 1990 toyota with 3vz blew headgaskets and burned up the motor every 70,000.  I put 2 new motors in it and the 3rd time i gave the piece of crap away
Young Gun
Supreme Member

Murray Enterprises

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2008, 01:16:15 PM »

1). Ford
2). Chevy
3). Dodge

2008 KFX450R
Full DASA Exhaust, FCI, Dynojet PC5, Hiper CF1 Beadlocks, ITP GNCC Holeshots, IMS Roll Bumper, ProArmor FAT Peg Nerfbars, Red Radiator hoses, Engine ICE Coolant, Spider Grips, Blingster Rear Grab Bar

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...
TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

**** Frank **** **FF&J Racing**

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2008, 01:25:23 PM »

If you're talking about 1/2 ton trucks, Ford is junk comperd to GM.

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2008, 01:32:49 PM »

yeah, my 1990 toyota with 3vz blew headgaskets and burned up the motor every 70,000.  I put 2 new motors in it and the 3rd time i gave the piece of crap away

try some maintenance.
KAW3604x4

I am a Florida Mud Rider!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2008, 01:33:55 PM »

Actually, Delphi bought two Ford Super Duties to test against the Chevy 2500s and the Ford tested them out on several capacities. This comes straight from a "GM for life" relative. Shocked He was very surprised himself. Shocked

I have owned Fords since I started driving 20 years ago and haven't had any issues with any of them. It's like atvs, it's all in how you take care of them that counts!

2007 F250 Crew Cab 6.0L FX4 w/Tow Command
09 Suzuki King Quad 750 Rockstar 4X4 27" ITP Mud Lites
http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif
TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2008, 01:50:54 PM »

Actually, Delphi bought two Ford Super Duties to test against the Chevy 2500s and the Ford tested them out on several capacities. This comes straight from a "GM for life" relative. Shocked He was very surprised himself. Shocked

I have owned Fords since I started driving 20 years ago and haven't had any issues with any of them. It's like atvs, it's all in how you take care of them that counts!

I said 1/2 ton p/u

Also I sell wholesale auto parts for 24 years and we sell a lot more Ford stuff then GM.

backinsaddle

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2008, 02:16:47 PM »

try some maintenance.

I did regular oil changes/maintenance.  I can't help it if they made a crappy 6 cyl known for headgasket problems
KAW3604x4

I am a Florida Mud Rider!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2008, 02:19:13 PM »

I said 1/2 ton p/u

Also I sell wholesale auto parts for 24 years and we sell a lot more Ford stuff then GM.

Gotcha!!!  Wink

The wholesale parts you sell, are they performance parts by any chance?  I will say that Fords off the lot are way under powered than their SAFE capabilities. Roll Eyes

2007 F250 Crew Cab 6.0L FX4 w/Tow Command
09 Suzuki King Quad 750 Rockstar 4X4 27" ITP Mud Lites
http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif
TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2008, 02:23:19 PM »

I said 1/2 ton p/u

Gotcha!!!  Wink

The wholesale parts you sell, are they performance parts by any chance?  I will say that Fords off the lot are way under powered than their SAFE capabilities. Roll Eyes

Just stock replacement, nothing high performance.

backwoods boy
Supreme Member

REBEL MOTORSPORTS

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2008, 02:25:48 PM »

my f150 was the funnest vehicle i owned i bought it brand new and sold it w/ 15k on the clock though but it was still a little slow even w/ a kn filter and flowmasters my mom has a 5.4 and it was still pretty slow

NObama08 '' nigga please its the WHITE house''
LIVE FAST-PLAY HARD-DIE LAUGHING
trx#9
Supreme Member

Manager at Seaman's Sausage House and Adult Movies

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2008, 02:30:06 PM »

GM's have the best resale value.  First Place

"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
 Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!
backwoods boy
Supreme Member

REBEL MOTORSPORTS

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2008, 02:33:54 PM »

I said 1/2 ton p/u

Gotcha!!!  Wink

The wholesale parts you sell, are they performance parts by any chance?  I will say that Fords off the lot are way under powered than their SAFE capabilities. Roll Eyes

thats cuz theres more fords out there than chevy and dodge combined i had a 90 fullsize bronco w/ 200k on the clock and it never left me stranded and i beat the HELL outta it caught air in it more than once and had it up to 45 in holopaw on those whooped out trails and it towed my jeep w/ an 8'' lift thru all the sugar sand and back to the parking lot i sold it to a friend and he still drives it

i also had a mazda pickup/ranger had it in water up to the windshield and left it there for a day and a half and all i did was chnge the distributor and plugs and it was back in business too bad it took me 2 months to figure what was wrong w/ it  by that time i had another dd oh and the radio was never the same lol

TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2008, 02:43:15 PM »

I said 1/2 ton p/u

Gotcha!!!  Wink

thats cuz theres more fords out there than chevy and dodge combined i had a 90 fullsize bronco w/ 200k on the clock and it never left me stranded and i beat the HELL outta it caught air in it more than once and had it up to 45 in holopaw on those whooped out trails and it towed my jeep w/ an 8'' lift thru all the sugar sand and back to the parking lot i sold it to a friend and he still drives it

i also had a mazda pickup/ranger had it in water up to the windshield and left it there for a day and a half and all i did was chnge the distributor and plugs and it was back in business too bad it took me 2 months to figure what was wrong w/ it  by that time i had another dd oh and the radio was never the same lol

Do you have facts to back that?

backwoods boy
Supreme Member

REBEL MOTORSPORTS

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2008, 02:48:25 PM »

ya drive a down your street and count em sometime
atleast here in brevard id say 3 out of every 4 trucks you see are ford especially f250

Young Gun
Supreme Member

Murray Enterprises

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2008, 02:53:52 PM »

It's a known fact, more like common sense, that their are more domestic trucks on the road versus imported trucks.  Ford is probably the most popular.  Whether it is a old beat to sh*t 70's highboy to a 08 PSD CrewCab with 8" lift monster.  I can go stand in front of my house and count more Ford, Chevy, and Dodge trucks (cars too) than Toyota, Isuzu, Nissan, etc... and I'm talking just the driveways.

2008 KFX450R
Full DASA Exhaust, FCI, Dynojet PC5, Hiper CF1 Beadlocks, ITP GNCC Holeshots, IMS Roll Bumper, ProArmor FAT Peg Nerfbars, Red Radiator hoses, Engine ICE Coolant, Spider Grips, Blingster Rear Grab Bar

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2008, 02:56:30 PM »

I said 1/2 ton p/u

Gotcha!!!  Wink

i also had a mazda pickup/ranger had it in water up to the windshield and left it there for a day and a half and all i did was chnge the distributor and plugs and it was back in business too bad it took me 2 months to figure what was wrong w/ it  by that time i had another dd oh and the radio was never the same lol

i would say that there are more Fords too. the Ford Superduties way out sell the others. or maybe its because chevy and dodge break down so often i never see them. if i had to get a domestic truck it would be a Ford. but i dont so i drive Toyotas.
backinsaddle

« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2008, 02:59:50 PM »

atleast here in brevard id say 3 out of every 4 trucks you see are ford especially f250

that's only because you're in the south.  ford is not as popular as chevy/dodge in the northern states
TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2008, 03:00:13 PM »

That will really prove your point. Good thing you're not a scientist.  Bang Head Gosh

It's a known fact, more like common sense, that their are more domestic trucks on the road versus imported trucks.  Ford is probably the most popular.  Whether it is a old beat to sh*t 70's highboy to a 08 PSD CrewCab with 8" lift monster.  I can go stand in front of my house and count more Ford, Chevy, and Dodge trucks (cars too) than Toyota, Isuzu, Nissan, etc... and I'm talking just the driveways.

Common sense has nothing to do with the number of trucks on the road. Yea your neighborhood tells the story for the whole country. Spit Gosh

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com