Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: charge the gator with Armed Robbery!  (Read 3417 times)
brett711

www.??????.com

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: June 24, 2008, 08:43:32 PM »

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/loc...,6259577.story

However lets get the facts right - 18yro, drunk, 2am, swims across 25' deep canal against advice of friends. Gator gets him....and chops down. He pokes gator in eye and gets to bank and realizes that he don't have an arm anymore.... I guess we need to charge the gator with Armed Robbery!

2007 honda rancher
Da_Mtg_Man
extraordinaire
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 09:00:15 PM »

I like the one guy that said, Now he can swim circles around that gator.... Cheesy

That kid is about as sharp as a bowling ball.

FLORIDA MUD RIDER
yunt2ride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2008, 08:12:50 AM »

I couldn't get that link to work so I looked it up.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/florida/orl-bk-gator-attack-062408,0,1890352.story

1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo
GENERAL-Z
Supreme Member

ya i got one

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2008, 06:49:00 PM »

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/loc...,6259577.story

However lets get the facts right - 18yro, drunk, 2am, swims across 25' deep canal against advice of friends. Gator gets him....and chops down. He pokes gator in eye and gets to bank and realizes that he don't have an arm anymore.... I guess we need to charge the gator with Armed Robbery!

lol thats real good

2002 blaster pro circuit pipe,works shocks,new head an piston,just broke in an quick

2000 honda fourtrax currently in pieces

1984 chevy scottsdale 1500 4x4 4inch lift 6.2l diesel 95000 original miles 20mpg city 23 hwy
GENERAL-Z
Supreme Member

ya i got one

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2008, 06:50:05 PM »

I like the one guy that said, Now he can swim circles around that gator.... Cheesy

That kid is about as sharp as a bowling ball.
also found that very amuzing im going to use that now lol

2002 blaster pro circuit pipe,works shocks,new head an piston,just broke in an quick

2000 honda fourtrax currently in pieces

1984 chevy scottsdale 1500 4x4 4inch lift 6.2l diesel 95000 original miles 20mpg city 23 hwy
561rincon

dont get stuck. get buried!!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2008, 09:32:44 PM »

i think its down right wrong for the family to say the alligator population is to high?!?!?!?!? WTF maybe she forgot the dumb chit swam in the gators home that they claimed a helluva lot longer then we did. i know if the gator walks in my house without saying hi hes dead and so should anyone who does the same to his teritory....

05 rincon 28'' mud bugs type 7 black wheels,2'' lift,dyno jet kit, 2500lb warn , K&N, snorkel kit, TORC exhaust.

04' 24' keystone tailgator toyhauler
06' F-150 stx
76' F-250 2.5 ton running gear 16.9x24 tires 360c.i
gearhead400
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2008, 10:54:47 PM »

i think its down right wrong for the family to say the alligator population is to high?!?!?!?!? WTF maybe she forgot the dumb chit swam in the gators home that they claimed a helluva lot longer then we did. i know if the gator walks in my house without saying hi hes dead and so should anyone who does the same to his teritory....

word!

Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  gearhead400ex@hotmail.com
yunt2ride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2008, 07:59:46 AM »

The guy was stupid to say the least, but the gator population is way out of hand. Anytime you want to find some, just go down any waterway at night and shine a flashlight on the bank. Gators have been prorected for 50 years or so and now is the time to do something about them. Like the guy said, the state gives out 3,000 permits a year and animal rights people buy about 2/3s of them so they don't get killed. There is getting to be so many that they are fighting for any small piece of water they can find. We even have a hunting season for deer and hogs to keep the population down on them. We need an open hunting season on gator also.

1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo
hellrazr

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2008, 11:50:26 PM »

"There is getting to be so many that they are fighting for any small piece of water they can find."
If people didn't build houses and shopping centers where gators used to live then the gators would not be heavily populated in the small pieces of water they can find.  Gators are still killed regularly.  Any gator over 4ft that even seems aggressive that lives near people gets put in a gator farm, relocated to an alligator refuge/park, or gets put on the chopping block.  I live near a lake and every now and then the park rangers come through and thin out larger gators that are in the canals.
561rincon

dont get stuck. get buried!!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2008, 08:06:24 AM »

"There is getting to be so many that they are fighting for any small piece of water they can find."
If people didn't build houses and shopping centers where gators used to live then the gators would not be heavily populated in the small pieces of water they can find.  Gators are still killed regularly.  Any gator over 4ft that even seems aggressive that lives near people gets put in a gator farm, relocated to an alligator refuge/park, or gets put on the chopping block.  I live near a lake and every now and then the park rangers come through and thin out larger gators that are in the canals.

exactly,nothing more to say. less crime in small towns because everyone has more space, but pile 1,000,000 people into the same lil town food,jobs,and money will have to be fought after. im all for managment of any species but dont say its over populated because someone or something got bit.... as for the original story some friends of mine know these kids and what went wrong? HE MISSED HIS SHOT. happens to the best of us, but the gator got the best of him. thats why its illegal to take gators from the bank with a gun. first contain then bang stick em, so you dont swim out after the gator you missed but think you shot and meet the wrong end of a bad day.

05 rincon 28'' mud bugs type 7 black wheels,2'' lift,dyno jet kit, 2500lb warn , K&N, snorkel kit, TORC exhaust.

04' 24' keystone tailgator toyhauler
06' F-150 stx
76' F-250 2.5 ton running gear 16.9x24 tires 360c.i
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com