Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Okeechobee Mudfest CANCELLED  (Read 37504 times)
DZ 350
Supreme Member

Lift Your Truck, Fat Chicks Cant Jump

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2008, 08:22:19 PM »

damn i was plannin on goin back after the last one in febuary, i dont mind ridin in cow poop lol but it was pretty hecktic out there we almost ran over some one with the full track and trust me that thing aint stopping fast, but $hit happens man all we got to do is hope everything can settle out  Wink

-05 raptor Alot of Stuff done to it ( FOR SALE !!!!! )

-98' CHEVY 4X4 SILVERADO W/ TO MUCH TO LIST !

-2007 RINCON 680 4X4 W/ WARN BUMPER, HMF PIPE, AND 26" OUTLAWS

-1987 Jeep Wrangler On 44" tractor Tires ( For Sale )

-2001 F-150 on 9" lift 36" TSL's (For Sale)
CABLEGUY1
Supreme Member

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2008, 08:29:07 PM »

I hate when other people are happy for another's misfortune...it's really not the CHRISTIAN way... Shocked

Is that the best you could come up with Kiss

I think it was pretty good. Actually,he hit the nail on the head.
miassmaro98

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2008, 11:00:28 PM »

i still wanna go i hope the owner works out something

2006 wolverine 450 4x4
25 maxxis mudbugs
2k lb winch

----OFF ROAD DIESEL (RED)FOR SALE 3.50 A GALLON----
dj_pizzim
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2008, 12:29:40 AM »

ITs does suck when any riding area get closed but MP did have a point. With the money he was making he could have taken some time to plan it out more and make things a little safer and the county/state might not have tried to close him down. The fact is they have been trying for a while and it sounds like they have succeeded. I dont think there is much anyone can do. My understanding is there were rules that came along with the permits and they weren't followed. Not much you can do about that  Cry

budman
Supreme Member

No, I'm not depressed...I'm just guarding my beer!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2008, 08:09:03 AM »

I hate when other people are happy for another's misfortune...it's really not the CHRISTIAN way... Shocked

Is that the best you could come up with Kiss

I think it was pretty good. Actually,he hit the nail on the head.

Wink Thank You!! Wink

www.rratv.net

2005 F-150 4x4 (with NO mud on it)
2004 ATV trailer, 6' x 12'
34Qt Coleman cooler,
Case of Budweiser, "King Of Beers"
Several bungees.
00 Rancher 2x4 (mine)
05 Foreman 4x4 (not mine)
06 Recon (not mine)
bluestroker

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2008, 09:45:58 AM »

I personally think this is great news. That place was nothing more than a breeding ground for bad publicity. The proof is in the fact that they have cancelled it. Hate me if you want but that was a twice a year event that you were able to ride 5ft and stop......5ft and stop...........5ft and stop. If all those people would support the Motoplex  Paul would be on the phone the next day buying all the surrounding property securing a great place to ride for many years to come. All that guy does is take your money, let you ride through cow terds and send you home. You tell me Im wrong :dontknow:

no one told you to go if you didnt like it. you could have stayed home and saved your $30. and for some people the motoplex is too far of a drive. stop your preaching Roll Eyes

From where did you read that "I went and had a bad time"? The motoplex would not be that far away if you lived closer.

what was the stupidest thing I have ever heard

02 - Grizzly 660
ITP Rims
Winch
1 1/2 in spacers (Front and Back)
94Hardbody4x4
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2008, 03:16:03 PM »

They're still building Monster Bog on the property next door to Mudfest. And it seems like it's going to be like L-cross but bigger. I guess we're all gunna have to drive another 1000 feet down the road to enjoy the mud again.

Parting out 2005 Honda Foreman....ASK ME!
Anoriginal

« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2008, 04:15:46 PM »

Just an observation.....

All of those places are terribly unorganized, understaffed and completely lacking in regulation. It's just a matter of time before someone is killed at one of these events. Once this happens, they'll all go away.

You can't crowd that many people, on that many machines, with that much alcohol and (unfortunately) very little restraint into that small of an area and expect that nothing bad will happen. I cannot believe it hasn't happened yet and think it's sad that it will happen.

The owners really should do more to organize it, and I mean all owners of all places. I'm all for mud boggin, raising Cain and having fun. But, these places need to keep it some what in check to prevent a tragedy and the loss of another place to ride.
94Hardbody4x4
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2008, 05:15:40 PM »

I think L-cross does a decent job of it and this new place seems to be pretty planned out. The Okeechobee Mudfest was a joke compared to them though, it was fun, I wont lie, I go every 6 months and have the the time of my life, but the guy was just collecting money and leaving. I still hope it works out because I pretty bummed. I have nothing to look forward to now.

miassmaro98

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2008, 12:45:04 AM »

how much longer till Monster Bog opens?

2006 wolverine 450 4x4
25 maxxis mudbugs
2k lb winch

94Hardbody4x4
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2008, 10:37:51 AM »

From there post they made here, it was supposed to be this past March or May, but I've been by it and they are still biulding it. I guess it'll be next year.

MudMan
Supreme Member

How Deep Is Too Deep ?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2008, 02:38:48 PM »

Just an observation.....

All of those places are terribly unorganized, understaffed and completely lacking in regulation. It's just a matter of time before someone is killed at one of these events. Once this happens, they'll all go away.

You can't crowd that many people, on that many machines, with that much alcohol and (unfortunately) very little restraint into that small of an area and expect that nothing bad will happen. I cannot believe it hasn't happened yet and think it's sad that it will happen.

The owners really should do more to organize it, and I mean all owners of all places. I'm all for mud boggin, raising Cain and having fun. But, these places need to keep it some what in check to prevent a tragedy and the loss of another place to ride.

I do agree....Mudfest was an absolute train wreck in regards to being safe and organized.  I will say that Muddigras was organized and well patrolled by the sheriff's office....we'll see how Mudbog does, hopefully they will learn from the mistakes of their neighbor down the road.

2006 Honda Foreman
26 inch swamp lites
ITP black series 7 rims
Triangle snorkel
Custom Waterproof Stereo

:::LET IT EAT:::
BigDog

Big Dogs do it BEST!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2008, 10:04:56 AM »

Some replies to this post have been bothering me for days now.  Your opinion may be that having that many people at one event is not how you like to ride, but there are obviously many people that disagree.  You may not prefer to go ride at a place that mixes ATV’s with trucks, buggies and all other kinds of vehicles, but there are obviously many people that disagree with that too.  You may also prefer not to ride where people are drinking alcohol or where you may encounter some nudity, but again, many people must also disagree with that.  Mr. Sales did make a very strong effort to provide control out there.  He had the Okeechobee Sheriffs Department setup basically a sub station on site, with deputies patrolling on ATV’s, in trucks cars, and on foot.  He had a large force of his own staff to patrol in addition to the deputies.  They were constantly addressing any instances they found of underage drinking, unsafe riding in travel areas and all types of inappropriate behavior.  The reality is a mid size city came to town for a few days twice a year and the size of that city has consistently grown over the past few years.  It may have outgrown the available space for this event, but I do not know a very effective way they could have told us that only X number of people would be allowed and then they would have to close the gates.  Everyone that showed up after that would have been very mad.  It may not have been your type of event, but it sure did show anyone that wanted to look that there is a huge demand for someplace for people to ride how they want.

Secondly it was said that if all “those people” would support the Motoplex, Paul would be more willing to provide more property for people to ride.  I think it great that Paul has opened a place for people to ride and has made investments and improvements.  That is North Florida.  That is 5 or 6 hours from us down in this area.  I prefer to look locally for a regular place to ride.  What do I find in my backyard here…….had Mudfest twice a year and enjoyed that, but now it is gone.  Year round we have L-Cross.  I am not going to bash anyone for supporting the Motoplex, but I do not see why people put that support exclusive of all other places, particularly places much closer to them. 

I have been a “regular” at L-Cross since they first opened, when you took me there MP.  I have seen personally how Mark & Patty Pearce have listened and consistently made the investments and improvements people have asked for.  They have always had deputies and security on site at all events.  They have provided camping and have expanded the area as needed over the years.  They have improved the roads.  They added swimming holes.  They had cold showers and people wanted hot ones so they built them and enclosed them.  Vendors are always there to provide hot meals and other types of merchandise.  People asked for trail rides so they opened up thousands of more acres and provide 25 mile long trail rides.  People asked for a track so they built one.  Motocross trails….added those too.  When people complained that things were getting too rowdy for families, they split the events up.  Now there is a family event the 3rd weekend of every month and an adults only event the 1st weekend of every other month.  That gives both groups of rider what they want without having to endure the things they do not like.  The MX track and trails are open every weekend except when there is an adult event going on.  They have live music at the events and have brought in big acts like Jason Aldean, David Allen Coe, Confederate Railroad, Molly Hatchet, etc.  Mark and Patty stepped up at the last minute and hosted the ATV Rally last year when other arrangements fell through.  The bottom line is they have always been willing to listen and give us what we wanted.  And no……I am not an employee of L-Cross….just a fan.

I have not been over to C&R in years, but I understand they also provide a great place for people of our hobby to get out and enjoy.

Mudfest, L-Cross, C&R, Motoplex…….whatever your pleasure……….I say just support them while you can......or as you can see, they will be gone!

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6514/fmrsiggi3.jpg

I am a Florida Mud Rider........and PROUD of it!!
brocker

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2008, 05:43:05 PM »

Well said, BigDog.  I just got back from another fun weekend at L-Cross.  I'm tired and sore just like you should be after a weekend of mudding.  Already looking forward to the next one.
budman
Supreme Member

No, I'm not depressed...I'm just guarding my beer!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2008, 08:28:23 AM »

Couldn't agree more, bigdog....you don't say much, but when you do you are right on. I've been to both L Cross and C&R, and they both provide a good place for what I, and obviously many more want. I commend Paul for starting his own, but not all of us can go there as easily as the N FL group.

www.rratv.net

2005 F-150 4x4 (with NO mud on it)
2004 ATV trailer, 6' x 12'
34Qt Coleman cooler,
Case of Budweiser, "King Of Beers"
Several bungees.
00 Rancher 2x4 (mine)
05 Foreman 4x4 (not mine)
06 Recon (not mine)
miassmaro98

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2008, 02:59:16 PM »

it'll be back one day after we organizes himself and follow rules

2006 wolverine 450 4x4
25 maxxis mudbugs
2k lb winch

Anoriginal

« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2008, 10:07:28 AM »

Just an observation.....

Still stands.
kawGIRL
is a Florida Mud Rider
Supreme Member

GOT GROG?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2008, 07:58:57 PM »

Some replies to this post have been bothering me for days now.  Your opinion may be that having that many people at one event is not how you like to ride, but there are obviously many people that disagree.  You may not prefer to go ride at a place that mixes ATV’s with trucks, buggies and all other kinds of vehicles, but there are obviously many people that disagree with that too.  You may also prefer not to ride where people are drinking alcohol or where you may encounter some nudity, but again, many people must also disagree with that.  Mr. Sales did make a very strong effort to provide control out there.  He had the Okeechobee Sheriffs Department setup basically a sub station on site, with deputies patrolling on ATV’s, in trucks cars, and on foot.  He had a large force of his own staff to patrol in addition to the deputies.  They were constantly addressing any instances they found of underage drinking, unsafe riding in travel areas and all types of inappropriate behavior.  The reality is a mid size city came to town for a few days twice a year and the size of that city has consistently grown over the past few years.  It may have outgrown the available space for this event, but I do not know a very effective way they could have told us that only X number of people would be allowed and then they would have to close the gates.  Everyone that showed up after that would have been very mad.  It may not have been your type of event, but it sure did show anyone that wanted to look that there is a huge demand for someplace for people to ride how they want.

Secondly it was said that if all “those people” would support the Motoplex, Paul would be more willing to provide more property for people to ride.  I think it great that Paul has opened a place for people to ride and has made investments and improvements.  That is North Florida.  That is 5 or 6 hours from us down in this area.  I prefer to look locally for a regular place to ride.  What do I find in my backyard here…….had Mudfest twice a year and enjoyed that, but now it is gone.  Year round we have L-Cross.  I am not going to bash anyone for supporting the Motoplex, but I do not see why people put that support exclusive of all other places, particularly places much closer to them. 

I have been a “regular” at L-Cross since they first opened, when you took me there MP.  I have seen personally how Mark & Patty Pearce have listened and consistently made the investments and improvements people have asked for.  They have always had deputies and security on site at all events.  They have provided camping and have expanded the area as needed over the years.  They have improved the roads.  They added swimming holes.  They had cold showers and people wanted hot ones so they built them and enclosed them.  Vendors are always there to provide hot meals and other types of merchandise.  People asked for trail rides so they opened up thousands of more acres and provide 25 mile long trail rides.  People asked for a track so they built one.  Motocross trails….added those too.  When people complained that things were getting too rowdy for families, they split the events up.  Now there is a family event the 3rd weekend of every month and an adults only event the 1st weekend of every other month.  That gives both groups of rider what they want without having to endure the things they do not like.  The MX track and trails are open every weekend except when there is an adult event going on.  They have live music at the events and have brought in big acts like Jason Aldean, David Allen Coe, Confederate Railroad, Molly Hatchet, etc.  Mark and Patty stepped up at the last minute and hosted the ATV Rally last year when other arrangements fell through.  The bottom line is they have always been willing to listen and give us what we wanted.  And no……I am not an employee of L-Cross….just a fan.

I have not been over to C&R in years, but I understand they also provide a great place for people of our hobby to get out and enjoy.

Mudfest, L-Cross, C&R, Motoplex…….whatever your pleasure……….I say just support them while you can......or as you can see, they will be gone!

Right on the money BigDog !

JeepGirl

I Wanna Set Them FREE!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2008, 02:41:31 PM »

You said it all BigDog.  It does suck to see Mudfest go.  I know me and my friends will keep supporting our local places like LCross and C&R.
Joedirt
Supreme Member

I am a FloridaMud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2008, 09:58:50 PM »

I personally think this is great news. That place was nothing more than a breeding ground for bad publicity. The proof is in the fact that they have cancelled it. Hate me if you want but that was a twice a year event that you were able to ride 5ft and stop......5ft and stop...........5ft and stop. If all those people would support the Motoplex  Paul would be on the phone the next day buying all the surrounding property securing a great place to ride for many years to come. All that guy does is take your money, let you ride through cow terds and send you home. You tell me Im wrong :dontknow:

no one told you to go if you didnt like it. you could have stayed home and saved your $30. and for some people the motoplex is too far of a drive. stop your preaching Roll Eyes

From where did you read that "I went and had a bad time"? The motoplex would not be that far away if you lived closer.

Just an Observation.. But you do not read about People having a bad time at the Motoplex for 2 reasons.....1 You guys gang up and  and have posts deleted or over run them with 50 pictures 2 Most people are adult enough to NOT post negatives , they just do not go back.

I have kept my mouth shut for months..but..I happen to like Mudfest and I also love making fun of Mudfest....and when you are happy that Something I enjoy goes away I am Offended .

P.S. Anoriginal...give it a rest dude you are so One sided you fall over....Any credibility you had went out the window months ago.
I have a lot more to say but I will keep it to myself...... Roll Eyes Cool..Long Live ANY place that allows ATV's..

2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers
jeepslayer

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2008, 10:14:49 PM »

FIRST TO MUDFEST feb 2008,  question?, What incident caused the shut down, is their several? i have video and pictures of  one of the incidents, if it is one? An atv with three people riding on it getting hit by a 4x4 ford step side , which the truck was in the hole , balls to the wall,  the driver definitely could not see what the heck was in front of him, what happened the atv  pulled in front of the truck  at the time he was coming across the hole from the vender side of the hole and the truck struck the atv which the atv was at fault, the girl on the back to a pretty good lick, in the head area,  i do not know what happened to her, but not long after the accident happened,  an argument started to happen near where the truck was staged at,  friends of the atv riders i suspect,  security and deputies came to the area. they were called,  controlled the disturbance,  i  have it all on video! 
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 06:26:24 PM by jeepslayer » Logged
sbripple

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2008, 10:57:42 PM »

bigdog said it well.I too am happy paul has made such a nice place to ride but its not close enough for us in south florida.The mudfests are all we got and I will continue to support them.I dont know why most of the motoplex crowd  have to be so  judgemental.I  wish it was closer to west palm so I could support the place.
K-Town Quad Boy 08

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2008, 11:14:33 PM »

if i am not mistaking it is back on...Right?
miassmaro98

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2008, 12:26:40 AM »

correct but,the prices went up alot

2006 wolverine 450 4x4
25 maxxis mudbugs
2k lb winch

jeepslayer

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2008, 06:30:52 PM »

the price is a 100.00 bucks, better save your beer money, for the  new price a t-shirt or some incentive would be nice! or a  discount price for a family would be too., or  one could purchase advance tickets, at a  discounted price? a 100.00 with no rules, well we will have to see, i'm sure rules will be attatched to that 100.00 price this time!
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com