Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Okeechobee Mudfest CANCELLED  (Read 37483 times)
ATVSGONEWILD

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: July 09, 2008, 07:37:21 PM »

Everyone is going to Plant Bamboo for our first event...MISSION: MUD instead of Mudfest.  Visit our site (www.atvsgonewildonline.com) for additional information.  There are a few discussions about this under Places to Ride on Highlifter.com

Hope to see you there!
ATVSGONEWILD

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2008, 10:29:46 AM »

I've created a new topic with futher details on the event here: http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,34443.0.html
JohnSales

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: July 23, 2008, 01:28:12 PM »

OKEECHOBEE MUDFEST is back on August 8,9,10 2008

(theokeechobeemudfest.com)

hope to see you there

gatorjohn

« Reply #53 on: July 23, 2008, 09:30:52 PM »

Not me for $100.00 a person
Joedirt
Supreme Member

I am a FloridaMud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: July 23, 2008, 10:14:13 PM »

Not me for $100.00 a person

I second that...There is a line

2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers
team_quad_green

Your gonna need SUM!!!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: July 23, 2008, 10:20:15 PM »

Im not paying his insurance , so he can still make over 300k

RANGER LIFE!
2012 polaris ranger  xp 800
walker evans limited editions
2007 honda rincon 680
2007 yamaha raptor 80
Shawn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: July 24, 2008, 09:56:29 AM »

Some replies to this post have been bothering me for days now.  Your opinion may be that having that many people at one event is not how you like to ride, but there are obviously many people that disagree.  You may not prefer to go ride at a place that mixes ATV’s with trucks, buggies and all other kinds of vehicles, but there are obviously many people that disagree with that too.  You may also prefer not to ride where people are drinking alcohol or where you may encounter some nudity, but again, many people must also disagree with that.  Mr. Sales did make a very strong effort to provide control out there.  He had the Okeechobee Sheriffs Department setup basically a sub station on site, with deputies patrolling on ATV’s, in trucks cars, and on foot.  He had a large force of his own staff to patrol in addition to the deputies.  They were constantly addressing any instances they found of underage drinking, unsafe riding in travel areas and all types of inappropriate behavior.  The reality is a mid size city came to town for a few days twice a year and the size of that city has consistently grown over the past few years.  It may have outgrown the available space for this event, but I do not know a very effective way they could have told us that only X number of people would be allowed and then they would have to close the gates.  Everyone that showed up after that would have been very mad.  It may not have been your type of event, but it sure did show anyone that wanted to look that there is a huge demand for someplace for people to ride how they want.

I personally think this is great news. That place was nothing more than a breeding ground for bad publicity. The proof is in the fact that they have cancelled it. Hate me if you want but that was a twice a year event that you were able to ride 5ft and stop......5ft and stop...........5ft and stop. If all those people would support the Motoplex  Paul would be on the phone the next day buying all the surrounding property securing a great place to ride for many years to come. All that guy does is take your money, let you ride through cow terds and send you home. You tell me Im wrong :dontknow:

PLEASE READ AGAIN
I never said that John did not try to provide security
I never said that I did not like to ride around nudity
I never said that I did not like riding around buggies and trucks
I never said that I dont like riding around peole drinking

I SAID THAT MR. SALES IS MERELY TAKING YOUR MONEY! Mr. sales does not care if you have a place to ride and you know that. He is "getting paid" as we like to say.

Secondly it was said that if all “those people” would support the Motoplex, Paul would be more willing to provide more property for people to ride.  I think it great that Paul has opened a place for people to ride and has made investments and improvements.  That is North Florida.  That is 5 or 6 hours from us down in this area.  I prefer to look locally for a regular place to ride.  What do I find in my backyard here…….had Mudfest twice a year and enjoyed that, but now it is gone.  Year round we have L-Cross.  I am not going to bash anyone for supporting the Motoplex, but I do not see why people put that support exclusive of all other places, particularly places much closer to them.

Its not about exclusivly supporting the Motoplex but it is about supporting someone who is trying to give you a place to ride at year round.

I have been a “regular” at L-Cross since they first opened, when you took me there MP.  I have seen personally how Mark & Patty Pearce have listened and consistently made the investments and improvements people have asked for.  They have always had deputies and security on site at all events.  They have provided camping and have expanded the area as needed over the years.  They have improved the roads.  They added swimming holes.  They had cold showers and people wanted hot ones so they built them and enclosed them.  Vendors are always there to provide hot meals and other types of merchandise.  People asked for trail rides so they opened up thousands of more acres and provide 25 mile long trail rides.  People asked for a track so they built one.  Motocross trails….added those too.  When people complained that things were getting too rowdy for families, they split the events up.  Now there is a family event the 3rd weekend of every month and an adults only event the 1st weekend of every other month.  That gives both groups of rider what they want without having to endure the things they do not like.  The MX track and trails are open every weekend except when there is an adult event going on.  They have live music at the events and have brought in big acts like Jason Aldean, David Allen Coe, Confederate Railroad, Molly Hatchet, etc.  Mark and Patty stepped up at the last minute and hosted the ATV Rally last year when other arrangements fell through.  The bottom line is they have always been willing to listen and give us what we wanted.  And no……I am not an employee of L-Cross….just a fan.

L-Cross nor
Mark and Patty were never mentioned in the above posts but now that they have been brought up ....................They have done a good job in reinvesting their earnings back into the park for their supporters.

Sponsored by
OUT OF CONTROL POWERSPORTS located in
St. Lucie County
772-429-0206
gatorjohn

« Reply #57 on: July 24, 2008, 09:37:37 PM »

ATVSGONEWILD, are you gonna be able to bring your crew and cameras to the motoplex sometime? Guaranteed a good time and there durn sure will be a lot of great video! Labor Day w/e will be a "target rich environment" if you guys could make it.
extremeforce

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: July 27, 2008, 05:58:57 PM »

gatorjohn we will do everything we can to make it out there.we have heard nothing but great things about your place and we are truly looking forward to attending many of your events.
gatorjohn

« Reply #59 on: August 02, 2008, 06:07:31 PM »

Excellent  Cool
e.c.dirtyboy slick

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: August 06, 2008, 11:37:48 AM »

[ATVSGONEWILD, are you gonna be able to bring your crew and cameras to the motoplex sometime? Guaranteed a good time and there durn sure will be a lot of great video! Labor Day w/e will be a "target rich environment" if you guys could make it.]

I would love to see this happen, and i can tell you that there are alot of people that have been to the plex and it was done right. I am trying to get a good group for the next weekend.
Patricia Pearce
Supreme Member

"ANOTHER EXTREME EVENT"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: August 06, 2008, 03:22:46 PM »

Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss

THANKS, BIG DOG & MP!!! We are glad some one has noticed!!! We will have 3 events this month. Again, we were asked to open due to the cancelation but now back on, however, we can not cancel now this weekend the 8th-10th. Adults $30.00 and children 12 and under $5.00 for weekend passes. Also, for our regular family event August 15th-17th. Oh and of course our 4th Annual END OF THE SUMMER BASH Adults only event August 29th-September 1st!!!
That is a 4 day event so it will be $40.00 for the weekend instead of $30.00. Hope everyone is having a safe and fun summer!!!

"ANOTHER EXTREME EVENT"
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com