Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Maps.  (Read 2150 times)
NYRAPTOR
Supreme Member

9/11/01 Never Forget

View Profile

Ignore
« on: June 11, 2008, 07:29:01 PM »

i was just looking through a road atlas because we are heading up to new york for a few weeks. the i95 route is so boring so i was trying to figure out something different. BAM right in front of me, I95 to I26 in S.carolina. then I26 to I77. then I77 to I81 in virginia which runs along the blue ridge mountains. then I81 to I78 through pennsylvania. then I78 to I278 right to outer bridge crossing through staten island to verrazano bridge through brooklyn, queens and finally stomping grounds. it's a little longer but more scenic and i dont have to deal with washington dc and maryland (tunnels and tolls) and a long part of jersey.  Kiss i havent flown since 9/11/01. not ready yet.

the point to my boring story is i love looking at maps and seeing different places.  Drive
mrbones
Administrator
Supreme Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2008, 11:23:04 AM »

Sounds like a good route to me. Enjoy it. Are the kids coming along, too?

Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon
NYRAPTOR
Supreme Member

9/11/01 Never Forget

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2008, 11:57:18 AM »

yes they are. we are having the christening up there for the twins. too many friends and family up there to try to get to come down here at the same time. we've got 138 guests so far. just easier for the 5 of us to go up.
Da_Mtg_Man
extraordinaire
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2008, 12:43:23 PM »

26 is a beautiful route. You will love the mountain views just North of Ashville. When ya going?

FLORIDA MUD RIDER
dynodon
Supreme Member

Ocala racing team

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2008, 12:51:06 PM »

26 is a beautiful route. You will love the mountain views just North of Ashville. When ya going?
I will second that. We take that exact route when going to Vermont. Besides driving through DC sucks anyway!!

Have a Nice SAFE trip and enjoy Grin

The " Black Pearl "
No, you dont want NONE of it
FoxHondaRider
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2008, 12:53:24 PM »

my dad actually holds the record for the fastest time from NY to FL. lol i'm not joking either, he averaged 100MPH the whole way.

2004 Honda 400EX
If you can beat me i'll tell you whats done
Da_Mtg_Man
extraordinaire
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2008, 01:44:48 PM »

my dad actually holds the record for the fastest time from NY to FL. lol i'm not joking either, he averaged 100MPH the whole way.

My brother and I made it from Elizabethton TN (60 miles north of Ashville) to Haines City in 8 hrs and 20 min. It's just at 700 miles. Thats a record.

FLORIDA MUD RIDER
NYRAPTOR
Supreme Member

9/11/01 Never Forget

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2008, 01:50:17 PM »

thanks guys. we are leaving in about a week and a half. staying for about 3 to 4 weeks. i'll be doing some carpentry (framing) for my old boss while up there or else we couldn't stay that long. we will probably stay over night in virginia. i havent seen my friends and family in 2 years so it should be fun. party party party!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wink
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com