Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: King Quad 700  (Read 6099 times)
NPRVinson

« on: March 18, 2005, 05:13:28 AM »

Has anyone had problems with their King Quad's reverse and/ or fuel injection. Suzuki has admitted a problem exists with the reverse gear and they say the problem has been taken care of on the later '05 models, also I've read in a couple of forums that there is a fuel problem on some at low rpm's. I'm considering one but don't want high priced problems down the road. Might be better to wait for the '06 to come out :-/
Hibrass

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2005, 05:45:01 AM »

NPRvinson,

I have two KQ's.  One with 350 miles another with 225.  Both have performed well with no problems or issues.  I have read many stories in the last 3 months in regards to the reverse problem and I think it is something a prospective buyer should consider before dropping 7K+ on a quad...  

If you have any questions about the KQ let me know, I will be glad to pass on what little I know about them...

Good Luck,

Hibrass

"If you don't know the Dog, don't yank his chain!"
odie

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2005, 06:07:49 AM »

I have 2 05 700`s one of them had a recall on the reverse gear overide. the other the problem was corrected before it was built.both had the throttle gasket recall.they said in freezing temps water could enter and make the throttle stick.other than that they run perfect!
NPRVinson

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2005, 06:09:00 AM »

Hibrass, All the reviews I've read on the KQ are great and it sounds like Suzuki is taking care of the problem and are taking care of the owners that are having problems. As of now there is no recall on the KQ but there could be in the future. I feel the same way about spending that kind of money if the machine is flawed. Thanks.
kawGIRL
is a Florida Mud Rider
Supreme Member

GOT GROG?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2005, 07:07:57 AM »

We had the ECM replaced last weekend on ours, we now have a 5 year warrantee on the transmission  [smiley=ThumbsUp.gif]
I think most of the problems were the idiots punching it in reverse  :-/ and causing the break ?  Anyway like Hibrass said it's been going on for awhile on ATVConection and the Highlifter sites.  Might want to check it out.  I do know in 06 it will be changed.

We got our re-call letters in the mail this week on the Vinson and KQ, not sure I'm gonna worry about down here in So.FL?  How often does it freeze here? I have seen it I think 2 times in 35 years Grin  We also saw it on the news last night  Shocked

Hibrass

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2005, 10:14:02 AM »

Kawgirl,

When you had your ECM done did they give you something in writing about the Tranny???  The reason I ask is I haven't had either of mine updated yet...

Come to think of it I have only received one letter for the ECM update for my bike.  The wife hasn't received one...

Thanks,

Hibrass

"If you don't know the Dog, don't yank his chain!"
kawGIRL
is a Florida Mud Rider
Supreme Member

GOT GROG?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2005, 10:25:50 AM »

We took it to ARS where we bought it.  We asked about that and they said they made note of it, asked our name etc.? Not Sure where the keep that info, but it took about 10 sec to change out the ECM  Grin

NPRVinson

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2005, 10:38:11 AM »

I haven't received a recall on my Vinson yet and I don't know that I'm worried about it either, I don't care to ride when it's that cold Grin After everything I've read on the KQ I think I will just wait for the '06 and avoid the headache. I'm very happy with both of my Suzukis and don't want to change manufacturers. Thanks for the responses. Good luck, hope you guys don't have any problems with your KQ's
kawGIRL
is a Florida Mud Rider
Supreme Member

GOT GROG?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2005, 11:36:06 AM »

The recalls are on the 04, 05 Vinson and 05 KingQuad Wink

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com