Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: M.A.M fair prices/good people?  (Read 4493 times)
gery350
Supreme Member

no guts, no glory

View Profile

Ignore
« on: March 17, 2005, 06:29:20 PM »

i'm back on the atv scene after taking off about 8 years. used to buy parts from grant over at mam in miami. always treated me fair and gave me good prices. havent seen any post about his place but everyone seems to know of this place. i'm planning on using him for most of my stuff. any good words?

hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif
dirty1

Im in it for the RIDE.....

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2005, 08:52:43 AM »

Grant is a great guy, i have used him for years, he keep alot of stuff in stock but "in my opinion" he is  high on his prices.  as for newer bikes i cant say anything on his experience or knowledge, but as for older bikes 87 older, he is one of the greatest, and most knowledgeable i know....

foreman 450es
27 mud machine xt's
highlifter lift, superwinch 2000
miamiblaster

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2005, 11:48:26 AM »

Sorry guys i cant say much good about grant....very nice guy but I dont know if his age is catching up to him the last time I did any work with him he bored my Jug on the blaster and made an uneven bore and cause my top end to seize up and a buddy of mines had his 300ex rebuilt by grant and after about 2 days of riding the bike the tranny took a crap. I would personaly go with Performance Atv Ray may be young but very smart and builds some pretty sick bike. http://www.performanceatvracing.com just my 2 cents oh and there is new shop around the miami are called 99 performance word is this is a bad shop to go to I hear that this shop was opened by a guy with money because his son wanted to work on quads and what is being said the kid knows almost nothing about quads. another good place is southwest cycles they have been around for years and seem to do nice work but never herd anything bad from them nor had any work either.

I like my girls like i like my mustangs skinnys in the front and fat in the back
bumblemoose

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2005, 12:21:24 PM »

Grant is a good guy but his price are crazy. He wanted to charge me $68 per tire (Razr mx) that I could get anywhere on line for about $40. Then he want to change me $25 per tire to mount them. With taxes it was over $210 (for the two rear tires). I ended up buying them from rockymountain mounted on new .190 rims for $160 delived!. I sold the rims on e-bay and made back another $40.

I couldn't believe him, he acted like he was giving me a break and wouldn't budge on the price.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2005, 01:24:31 PM by bumblemoose » Logged

87 TRX 310R (Sold)with a bunch of stuff on it.
dirty1

Im in it for the RIDE.....

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2005, 08:53:54 AM »

like i said, nice guy but high on prices, maybe he'll see all this and rethink his pricing

foreman 450es
27 mud machine xt's
highlifter lift, superwinch 2000
LT80_RIDER

atvrider 4 life

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2005, 02:47:42 PM »

i fixed my lt80 at m.a.m he charged a good price and all the bikes we have took it to grant my lt80 is driving better than ever.

ride hard or go home.
gery350
Supreme Member

no guts, no glory

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2005, 12:41:26 PM »

picked up my tie rod end from grant today got 2 for 39.00 vs. 49.00 for one at riva. i realize its aftermarket vs oem but HELLO its a tie rod end. i think hes very fair and always willing to help. oh by the way when you call m.a.m. who do you think answers the phone, grant. and theres no hold button either. i dont know if grant monitors this website or not but thanks for your help.

hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com