Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: the fires.  (Read 4572 times)
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: May 11, 2008, 11:35:40 PM »

these things are getting crazy. we live about 3 miles from i-95 and theyre across the street from our neighborhood now. theyre like 1/3 miles away from us. our road is shut down. they moved very fast up here. have thay affected anyone from the site? i hope you are all ok. these things suck. if we dont get rain, its gonna be like this all year.
ProEMTPFF

Professional Firefighter-Paramedic

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2008, 11:44:26 PM »

Yep, affected me.......been out there since 3:00PM fighting the fires, its 11:42 and I just was relieved and able to go back to my station and run calls there "that are NOT brush fires". Its just that time of the season. I was at Cox Road then moved to SR 524. Its slowing down now. If you see smoke, we don't put out smoke and its going to smoke for a week or more NOT a 911 call. If you see fire IN the burn area "where its already been burned" don't call 911, we're just going to let it burn and it won't hurt anything. Now, if you see fire burning in the GREEN stuff call 911.

2007 Yamaha Rhino   27" Maxxis Mudzillas on STI Black Wheels

http://www.4x4country.net
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2008, 01:40:53 AM »

Yep, affected me.......been out there since 3:00PM fighting the fires, its 11:42 and I just was relieved and able to go back to my station and run calls there "that are NOT brush fires". Its just that time of the season. I was at Cox Road then moved to SR 524. Its slowing down now. If you see smoke, we don't put out smoke and its going to smoke for a week or more NOT a 911 call. If you see fire IN the burn area "where its already been burned" don't call 911, we're just going to let it burn and it won't hurt anything. Now, if you see fire burning in the GREEN stuff call 911.

yea, i went to wally world tonight and it looked like there wernt any more fires on 524. still really smoky but that is expected. i realize that you cant put smoke out. lol. if i see fire in green stuff, ill give you a call. thanks for protecting all our houses and publix (my employer).  Grin
backwoods boy
Supreme Member

REBEL MOTORSPORTS

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2008, 04:43:57 AM »

ya i work security at the landfill in cocoa and the fire at sattellite road crossed over into the landfill and burnt up alot of the mulch and brush piles i was the onduty guard at the time it started around 6:00 that was right after my folks called me and said our house was being evacuadeted i live off westminister so my day sucked as of 11:00 pm at the landfill the fire was still pretty strong but contained for the most part it took me 20 minutes to get home since i had to drive to 520 and go around all the closed roads 

NObama08 '' nigga please its the WHITE house''
LIVE FAST-PLAY HARD-DIE LAUGHING
VForcedave
Supreme Member

V TWIN FOR THE WIN.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2008, 08:29:09 AM »

ya i work security at the landfill in cocoa and the fire at sattellite road crossed over into the landfill and burnt up alot of the mulch and brush piles i was the onduty guard at the time it started around 6:00 that was right after my folks called me and said our house was being evacuadeted i live off westminister so my day sucked as of 11:00 pm at the landfill the fire was still pretty strong but contained for the most part it took me 20 minutes to get home since i had to drive to 520 and go around all the closed roads 

OK, I give up. Why do they have security at a Land Fill?? Are people going to steal the same crap they threw out??

2004 Kaw Vforce 700 twin. Mine
2005 Honda Rancher 350 Kev Mans
2002 Yamaha 80 Raptor Kev Mans
2000 Jeep Wrangler 4" lift, 33's, winched
1988 Harley FXRP Dropped and chopped
2003 Chevy Duramax 100+K and still cruising. 18mpg.
JackL
Supreme Member

A enemy generally says and believes what he wishes

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2008, 08:59:41 AM »

OK, I give up. Why do they have security at a Land Fill?? Are people going to steal the same crap they threw out??

Probably to keep riders out. Wink

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
ProEMTPFF

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2008, 09:44:59 AM »

We're all happy to do our job........BTW a "shout out" to Publix on SR54. My crew needed ice and we went there and asked the Manager for a small donation and he hooked us up with some.

Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2008, 10:41:31 AM »

theres probably 2 million dollars worth of trucks there.

We're all happy to do our job........BTW a "shout out" to Publix on SR54. My crew needed ice and we went there and asked the Manager for a small donation and he hooked us up with some.

our store rocks. lol. ice was nothing when you guys were out fighting fires to keep the building standing.

i saw more trucks out on 524 on my way home from school this morning. i couldnt tell if they were driving or parked on the side but they had their lights on. it looked like 2 trucks. did the fires catch again?
ProEMTPFF

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2008, 11:04:38 AM »

They are just keeping a eye on it trying to keep it from crossing the firelines. If you saw the City of Cocoa ladder truck yesterday......that was me.

Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2008, 12:14:06 PM »

i probably saw it. i saw a few. they dont let you drive the duce and a half?
backwoods boy
Supreme Member

REBEL MOTORSPORTS

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2008, 12:28:02 PM »

yeah thers ALOT of trucks tractors bulldozers water tankers computers utv's etc... also a high potential for [drum role]......FIRES ya i love my job though i get paid to drive a sweet truck around

NObama08 '' nigga please its the WHITE house''
LIVE FAST-PLAY HARD-DIE LAUGHING
ProEMTPFF

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2008, 04:39:23 PM »

Oh I can drive it and I do sometimes, BUT given the choice I'm taking a truck I can get out of the smoke every once and awhile and cool off in some A/C.   Grin

Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2008, 10:46:24 PM »

Oh I can drive it and I do sometimes, BUT given the choice I'm taking a truck I can get out of the smoke every once and awhile and cool off in some A/C.   Grin

true dat.
kawasakimojaverider
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2008, 11:51:31 PM »

people steal scrap from them and sell it back
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com