Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Separating the Gold from the Crap  (Read 1780 times)
fordsuks91

View Profile

Ignore
« on: April 30, 2008, 11:48:56 PM »

Im in the market for a new bike, but im kinda stuck on what i want to get. I want something reliable with brutal power.  I want something that will survive the water and mud, but wont take a dump halfway through my day of riding.  So whats tough and dependable? Ive heard yamahas and Hondas are the best.   I like the grizzly's, they seem to have a radiator thats placed up high so maybe its less likely to overheat when its muddy? I also like the adjustable stocks. I love the Polaris Sportmans b/c of their insane grunt. But the more I read, the more it seems they're a real hit or miss machine. Ive heard horror stories of melting plastic's and blown transmissions. Polaris's are good enough for the military, but how are they with the heavy weight for water crossings?  And then theirs the Arctic Cats- I road a Thundercat and its terrifying.  I know its a new machine, but who has Artic Cats and how dependable are they?  Simply put, i want to know what works and what is crap. 

Thx!

08 Kawasaki Teryx with 27" Mud Sharks

Blue 08 Grizzly 700 EFI/PS
FOR SALE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 10:05:06 PM »

ive ridden arcticat, kawasuki, bombardier, Honda  Thumbs Up, and yamaha and to me, id only buy a Honda. i had a YFZ and i didnt like it. alot of the stuff was real cheap and poorly designed. i wont even go into the other brands. never had a problem with a honda that wasnt my fault completely. i had a rear end go out on a 86 TRX but a overflow tube came off and it got mud and water in it and destroyed it. i should have checked it. i can flat out get a bike stuck in deep mucky crap. i got my sisters bike stuck in so much crap we had to get a F-250 to get it out. its a 05 rancher. it ran perfect when we got it out too. you should get a foreman rubicon and put a cam, filter, exhaust, and jet it. the rincon is pretty powerful but its too dang big. its like 20ft long. i didnt like it. the brute force has a ton of power but then again its a kawasuki.
Chuck_Norris

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 08:58:29 AM »

Might I suggest taking a trip over to highlifter.com and read up on what the flavor of the month is....Other wise you can read up on a few riders experiences from the MotoPlex @ Floridaatv.com..They have some very good mud pits there.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 09:00:06 AM by Chuck_Norris » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com