Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Suburban Estates ride on Sunday  (Read 17268 times)
rzrrob

View Profile

Ignore
« on: April 28, 2008, 11:12:21 PM »

I have a buddy that has a lot and we are riding out their Sunday morning we are all meeting at the front gate at 10am please let me know if you would like to meet..... the more the better !!!!!
MudMan
Supreme Member

How Deep Is Too Deep ?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 08:33:59 AM »

What kind of bikes do yall ride ?

2006 Honda Foreman
26 inch swamp lites
ITP black series 7 rims
Triangle snorkel
Custom Waterproof Stereo

:::LET IT EAT:::
ztgenesis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2008, 07:47:54 PM »

Ill go , but 10am is late fer me, b/c its kinda far away. I been there a few times. If mudman goes ill go, since he never answers his phone or never answers his pm's  Evil

GiterDONE.........
rzrrob

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2008, 08:02:49 PM »

I have a Polaris RZR 800efi and we have some fast qads going and some 4x4 atvs, it will be a mix
hellrazr

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2008, 09:59:42 PM »

hey rob and shaun,
If I don't have to work this weekend then I would like to meet up out there.  I would need someone to let me in though since the keys to the land I just bought out there won't show up for 2-4weeks.  Not sure why it would take that long.
Dustin
rzrrob

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2008, 11:28:07 PM »

we will be at he gate at 10am pm and i will give you  my #
MudMan
Supreme Member

How Deep Is Too Deep ?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2008, 01:03:00 PM »

I'm thinking about going.   ZTGenius I'm still here just been super busy at work.  I wonder if they got any water out there ?  My bike needs a good swim  Smiley

2006 Honda Foreman
26 inch swamp lites
ITP black series 7 rims
Triangle snorkel
Custom Waterproof Stereo

ztgenesis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2008, 03:41:01 PM »

when are u going mudman, I kinda need a day b/c of work. Myself, i would like to go early saturday. What about u. Mud man ill call u about 5pm today ok.

GiterDONE.........
MudMan
Supreme Member

How Deep Is Too Deep ?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2008, 03:50:42 PM »

I might go Sunday if there is a big group going.  I wish we could meet earlier than 10:00 though. 

2006 Honda Foreman
26 inch swamp lites
ITP black series 7 rims
Triangle snorkel
Custom Waterproof Stereo

ztgenesis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2008, 06:55:22 PM »

Well its a done deal on my end. I am going early saturday with a friend of mine thats camping out there fri and sat night alone. But ill be riding with him on saturday. Wish all u other guys who posted here can go saturday b/c the more the merryer. We talked on the phone and we are gonna be doing some hard riding all day playin in mud and floating in water which now my bike should be fine in that situation and doing some new exploring out der.

What do u think mudman, u gonna go with us? What about the others, are u capable of going saturday also?? That would be great if u did.

GiterDONE.........
steelheader13

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2008, 07:10:19 PM »

The Mrs. and I will be there on Sunday.

'08 Rhino 700 SE
rzrrob

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2008, 01:01:12 AM »

I have a work thing on Saturday and the guy who is letting us in works for me so it is Sunday for me for sure plus I have 4 to 5 other riders going.

my cell is 407-232-0924 let me know
ztgenesis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2008, 06:00:01 PM »

whats up with u mud man? are u gonna ride saturday with me and my buddy? Roll Eyes

GiterDONE.........
hellrazr

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2008, 06:45:16 PM »

you can count me in for sunday.  See ya at ten
rzrrob

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2008, 07:49:39 PM »

sounds great all is ready for the ride !!!!!!
racefan15

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2008, 11:10:58 PM »

I have a buddy that has a lot and we are riding out their Sunday morning we are all meeting at the front gate at 10am please let me know if you would like to meet..... the more the better !!!!!

And thats the exact f'd up mentality that will ruin the place....IF YOU DONT OWN LAND THERE...STAY OUT. The place is getting ruined by idiots that dont give a sh1t about the place. There are bottles and garbage everywhere and ppl getting hurt by idiots racing around that have no respect for anything because they dont have anything at stake in the place.Almost every camp has been vandalized, burnt down, and stolen from from idiots that let others in the gate when they dont belong there.
They just caught some guys there 2 weekends ago that broke through the front gate with 7 stolen Arctic Cats from the dealer down in Sebastian. The front gate was ruined because they got pissed that no one would let them out apparently.
It is geting very overcrowded due to irresponsble ppl that let anyone and their brother in. You are allowed to bring a friend with you, but an open invitation to let anyone and everyone in is just assanine.
You are ultimately responsible if anyone gets hurt there. THey are doing gate checks pretty heavy lately too, and if you dont have a personal key on you, they are even callingthe cops for trespassing. Wont take long for some trespassers ot get their bikes confiscated to start changing things.
Just buy a piece of land and split it a  few ways if you cant afford it yourselves,(that is to those trying to sneak in all the time) then at least you can participate in volunteering for gate checks, road repair, garbage cleanup days, etc.....
Sorry ot come acroos like an assh0le, but it WAS a really nice place, now it is going to hell and you cant keep anything nice out there due ot theft and destruction......
DirtBooger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2008, 08:28:21 AM »

And thats the exact f'd up mentality that will ruin the place....IF YOU DONT OWN LAND THERE...STAY OUT. The place is getting ruined by idiots that dont give a sh1t about the place. There are bottles and garbage everywhere and ppl getting hurt by idiots racing around that have no respect for anything because they dont have anything at stake in the place.Almost every camp has been vandalized, burnt down, and stolen from from idiots that let others in the gate when they dont belong there.
They just caught some guys there 2 weekends ago that broke through the front gate with 7 stolen Arctic Cats from the dealer down in Sebastian. The front gate was ruined because they got pissed that no one would let them out apparently.
It is geting very overcrowded due to irresponsble ppl that let anyone and their brother in. You are allowed to bring a friend with you, but an open invitation to let anyone and everyone in is just assanine.
You are ultimately responsible if anyone gets hurt there. THey are doing gate checks pretty heavy lately too, and if you dont have a personal key on you, they are even callingthe cops for trespassing. Wont take long for some trespassers ot get their bikes confiscated to start changing things.
Just buy a piece of land and split it a  few ways if you cant afford it yourselves,(that is to those trying to sneak in all the time) then at least you can participate in volunteering for gate checks, road repair, garbage cleanup days, etc.....
Sorry ot come acroos like an assh0le, but it WAS a really nice place, now it is going to hell and you cant keep anything nice out there due ot theft and destruction......

The only thing they have at stake is their vehicles up front ........

« Last Edit: May 04, 2008, 09:25:18 AM by DirtBooger » Logged
hellrazr

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2008, 11:44:14 PM »

The only thing they have at stake is their vehicles up front ........

racefan15:  Not to come off as an @ss but acting like guest are ruining suburban estates is a pretty messed up mentality.  That is just playing the blame game.  Just because someone owns land out there doesn't mean they will not vandalize or trash out the place.  Some people just don't care about anything or take pride in something as nice as Suburban estates.  In fact I would say that the land owners are to blame (not all because I have meet some nice guys from there that take pride in having a place to ride).  Certain land owners are the ones that just let people in and tear stuff up, I gurantee some land owners are the cause of vandalism and throwing out trash (just because they have a key doesn't mean they are above trashing out the place), the land owners that invite/ let people in should be responsiable for the actions of their friends and their trash (I have never let friends leave trash at any riding area because it is disrespectful and annoys me probably as much as it does you).
To make a quick summary if the land owner lets disrespectful, stupid people in with them then chances are the land owner is the same kind of person.
I'm not attacking you  racefan,  I actually like the fact that you take so much pride in keeping a place clean and safe- just felt like I would express my opinion that there are land owners that are more to blame for the vandalism, leaving thrash, and not taking responsiability for the people they let come in with them then the guest themselves (this is a problem everywhere and why so many riding places get closed down, its like the stupid spring up as fast as mushrooms in a fresh pile of sh!t).
********On another note, it may seem like rzrrob made an open inventaion but as soon as I made a comment about going he sent me a private message asking me to call him.  He made sure that we would good people to have a long, and would not even tell me what he drove or looked like until he was certain that I was worth taking.  He is a great guy and the kind of person you would want in Suburban estates and I plan to invite him out with us once I get my key.
Maybe we can meet up out there sometime racefan, the more the merrier.
Dustin
steelheader13

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2008, 02:51:51 AM »

After we ate our lunch at the drunken tree, we picked up the two garbage barrels and ALL of the garbage that was spilt out over approx. 1/4 acre of the road. 
Yes, raccoons may have been to blame for spilling the contents the previous night, but by looking at the condition of the barrels and the number of riders (owners and owners with guests) that rode past the mess before we stopped, we can assume that some careless individual (s) had been purposely crashing into them and shooting at them.

As invited guests we might have cared a lot more about that privilege than some owners that were out there.

As a future caring land owner in RR or SE, I will be as picky about my invited guests as Rob was.       First Place

'08 Rhino 700 SE
racefan15

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2008, 08:45:01 AM »

Thanks for the comments Steelheader and hellrazr....I dont take it personally at all and you presented your sides very well. Thanks for the cleanup efforts as well. You all seem like the kind of ppl we need more of out there. It is just hard to see and hear of all the destruction and vandalism going on every week and then be really friendly to the idea of letting others that dont belong there in. I absolutely agree that probably many of the visitors and guests are very well respectful ppl who too care about the cleanliness and safety (safe riding conditions) of the area.
I too was looked down upon when I bought land there as many of the old timers want to keep the population down (which i understand). as the population increases for both land owners and no non landowners, that is when the littlering, vandalism, theft gets worse.
I apologize for coming across too strong i guess and I did not know the off forum conversations (thats one of the problems with forums i guess) As it looked on screen it was just a blanket invitation for anyone and their brother to show up at the gate and be let in.
The real rule is that each keyholder can bring A guest with them, not several guests.
I too have met a lot of really nice ppl there and it is just real hard to talk to them as they are selling thier land because someone broke into their camp overnight and just ruined everything, or decided it would be fun to just burn it to the ground. For as many landowners as there are out there, it is still a pretty tight nit group as we all have something in common. I guess there may be a few bad apples that are doing the littering and destruction, but from camera shots (most camp owners have hidden cameras on their property) no one seems to know the faces of the poeple doing the damage so likely it is not an owner or someone would know them.
Thanks again for the cleanup job. Even if visitors would do one 'good deed' throughout the day like you did with the garbage cans, it would make a big difference in the place, and help offset the amount of work that us responsible owners do on a regular basis that we payed our 5-10 thousands dollars for.
Land is cheap if you buy it right and 4 ppl can go on one deed. Theoretically you can get a 1.25 piece acre on ebay for  2g and then 4 ppl only have to pay 500$ each to own land there.  very small price ot pay for 12-15,000 acres of paradise.
The website is: http://suburbanestates.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=12  you have to register and they send you an email w/ temp password to get access to the forums. If you are a land owner, you can enter your property info and get access to the landowners forum as well, but there is plenty of good info in just the regular section....
Look forward to meeting more responsible riders out there in the future. We will have to plan it some day.
hellrazr

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2008, 10:47:15 PM »

Racefan:  I agree with everything you said and have the same kind of views.  I don't want some disrespectful people trashing out the place, vandalizing, and shooting up the place.  That is how a place gets closed down.  The landowner who actually have campsites out there, I would say are more then likely some of the best people out there,  It is just sad others trash out their campsites that they worked hard on.  It still could be landowners and their guest doing such things though.  It would be hard to know all the possiable landowners out there. There is roughly 10,000 acres of land John told us (very nice older guy who lives just down the road from the gate and was the salesman for the land we bought). In theory if each person bought 1.25 acres then that would be 8000 landowners.  With the ability to have 4 owners per deed that jumps to 32,000 people who could actually have legal rights there and that would be hard to point out someone for vandalism.  I know that people and even companies own several acres of land out there (more then the 1.25 acres for sale) so those numbers will not be precise (just in theory). I would hate to see 32000 people when I pulled into the gate, probably just turn around-shake my head and leave.  My dad and I would like to go to the meetings and everything once we get the keys.  John told us that landowners will get together sometimes and have meetings and talk about some problems out at suburban and how to resolve them.
On a brighter note-racefan: what do you ride or drive?  How long have you been at suburan estates? How did they get large rvs and fifth wheels down the road and to the gate (the road is pretty soft going to the gate) lol  Cheesy
Dustin
racefan15

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2008, 09:19:02 AM »

Ive had many 4 wheelers over the yrs, but currently I just got the new 08 Brute Force 750 FI. Ive had it only 2 weeks now, so still getting used to it. I sold my 07 King Quad 700 to get it, and before that, an 05 Brute 750. My wife has a Yamaha Kodiak 450 that i am selling to get her something a little bigger. We have only owned land out there for about a yr now I guess and with a newbourn, we do not get out there as much as Id like. AS the following yrs progress, he (the baby) will be able to go out on day trips with us and then we will be able to go more often.
Nice talking to you and we will have to meet up sometime we are both out there. I still do not know how to get around the place. I follow the main trails most of the time and everytime take a few different side trails to get familiar with the whole place.

Heres a picture of one of my favorite places out there.

* brute ravine.jpg (49.28 KB, 332x442 - viewed 314 times.)
steelheader13

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2008, 05:47:59 PM »

Hellrazr is gonna want to find that spot, I can tell.

Congrats on the new addition racefan15.

'08 Rhino 700 SE
hellrazr

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2008, 11:12:24 PM »

lol you better believe it tim.  Clean water and a sandy hill to climb= major entertainment.
Racefan: How do you like your 750?  I heard those brute forces respond extremely well to aftermarket parts (even seen a few modified brutes out run stock 450s).
racefan15

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2008, 08:40:04 AM »

Well, for the very short time Ive had it, I love it so far. It still has the stock tires on it till I decide on the appropriate tire choice, but they are ok for just general "break in" miles anyway. I didnt put bigger tires on it right away because I wanted ot braek it in properly and i knew if I had big outlaws or vamps on it that I couldnt resist going in the big mudholes.
After 100 miles or so Ill make my decision.
I will also be upgrading the primary and secondary spring, new Uni air filter, HMF full exhaust, programmer, either 27" or 28" outlaws and wheels and 2" lift and thats it for the near future I think. I may eventually have some clutch work done to it as well as dyno'd to get the max output once I get the programmer.
But damn are they fast right from the factory. Ive seen several that tear apart the 450 sport bikes with very little mods done to them.
What do you all ride?

* suburban estates.jpg (4.25 KB, 96x72 - viewed 301 times.)
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com