Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LEATT MOTO GPX CLUB NECK BRACE  (Read 2801 times)
SlowJoeRacing

~~JOSEPH~~ SLOW-JOE-RACING

View Profile

Ignore
« on: April 14, 2008, 05:08:16 PM »

Does any body know about them?
I heard they r very good

here is a pic of it

http://www.motosport.com/offroad/product/LEATT-MOTO-GPX-CLUB-NECK-BRACE/?prodId=1102350&c=5742

~~~SLOW-JOE-RACING~~~
JOSEPH#992 - HONDA 450R - RACER
FRED#192 - HONDA 450R - MACHANIC/PIT CREW

THANKS: MY DAD WITH ALL-TECH - SCOTT USA - GT~THUNDER - Cycle Gear - KLOTZ SYNTHETIC LUBRICANTS
backinsaddle

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 05:16:22 PM »

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

great product...both my kids wear them, and i will purchase for my wife and I when i have the $'s
SlowJoeRacing

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 05:21:39 PM »

so its woth all the money

~~~SLOW-JOE-RACING~~~

THANKS: MY DAD WITH ALL-TECH - SCOTT USA - GT~THUNDER - Cycle Gear - KLOTZ SYNTHETIC LUBRICANTS
backinsaddle

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2008, 05:25:42 PM »

that's a call only you can make.  I've heard many stories of people that would have been much worse off after crashing had they not worn it.  having said that, evs is offering a similar product that just came on the market that's under $200...don't know anything about it though.

the way i look at it, as a father, i'm being irresponsible if i spend anything on performance parts before spending on everything I can possibly buy to make them safer

to answer your question, yes, their necks are worth the money, and they are 100x better than the neck rolls on the market now
SlowJoeRacing

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2008, 05:31:01 PM »

ya i heard the new one is not very good
when ur wearing the brace can u move ur head any

~~~SLOW-JOE-RACING~~~

backinsaddle

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2008, 05:33:39 PM »

ya i heard the new one is not very good
when ur wearing the brace can u move ur head any

my kids used to complain about any new gear...chest protector, knee braces, etc.  they had no complaints with this neck brace...you can move your head any way, to an extent...you're supposed to adjust the front and back to limit how far the neck can move forward and backward, but it doesn't impact your ability to turn you head
SlowJoeRacing

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2008, 05:40:05 PM »

ok thanks alot i am going to talk it through with my parents

~~~SLOW-JOE-RACING~~~

53yfz450
Supreme Member

Following hurts more than Leading!!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2008, 05:40:29 PM »

i will NEVER ride without one again... it took me a practice or to to get used to it but now i dont even know its there. i think they are just as important as a helmet! ive seen them work plenty of times.

as for the new evs ones.. they look to be very uncomfortable

WEB SITE IS COMING BACK UP SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   
  http://HTTP://GANDGRACING.COM CHECK IT OUT!!!!!!

http://myspace.com/jakegunn53

motocross is all about momentum if you hit it doin a 100 ya gonna  make it across.
gearhead400
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2008, 06:02:36 PM »

I've heard nothing but good things about the Leatt brace! i've heard they increase your chances of a broken collar bone, but even if its true, who wouldnt choose a collar bone over a neck. Totally worth the money IMO, cant wait to get mine.

Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  gearhead400ex@hotmail.com
gearhead400
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2008, 10:39:11 PM »

just got this on sponsorhouse.com

Jordan Gibson #8 wreck update

"Hi everybody, I am Jordan's Mom - Rhonda.  We have gotten a lot of messages from all of you asking how Jordan is doing so I thought this broadcast would be the fastest way to get back to all of you. Also, this will inform his friends at home that don't know about what happened yet.

In round 2 of the ATVA Nationals in Kentucky, Jordan had a nasty wreck going over the "finish line jump".  He broke his left leg, sprained his left ankle and broke his right wrist.  Luckily he didn't have to have surgery.  They did a closed reduction procedure to set the bones in both fractured areas and then casted them.  Thank God he was wearing his Leatt Neck Brace or else the situation would have been much worse!  His Neck Brace definately did it's job (it's now broke) and we'll take the broken leg and wrist over a broken neck or back.  If you don't have a Leatt neck brace or something simular, PLEASE get one!!!  We really think that it saved Jordan.

Jordan is feeling much better today.  His pain level has gone down and he's getting his sense of humor back already.  He says that his casts are a "badge of honor" and that he is  "one broken leg and one broken wrist closer to being a Pro Racer".  He's mostly bummed that he can't ride his quad until he gets his casts off in 6-8 weeks.

I want to thank everybody that has sent us well wishes and prayers.  We really appreciate it.  If you would like to send Jordan comments or messages please do.  It will give him something to do in the coming week.  It might be a few days before he can respond though.  He had us take some pics of him in the hospital and with his casts that he wants me to put on his home page so I'll be doing that within a few days. (Crazy Kid!!)

Take care everybody....ride safe! 

Rhonda Gibson - JG#8's Mom"

Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  gearhead400ex@hotmail.com
Turboderf
Supreme Member

**HONDA** WARRANTY **SUCKS**

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2008, 11:45:25 AM »

Wow i guess i know what my son needs for fathersday we been doing some homework on them and when you see a story like this it makes you think !!! WHAT IF
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com