Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Water 4 Gas  (Read 112533 times)
big-daddy
Defender of the secret society!
Supreme Member

Home of the Brave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: May 21, 2008, 09:27:36 PM »

TJ is up and running....... New oxygen sensor programer is working fine, voltage at 4.5. Just fill the Jeep and starting MPG is 15.5.... Lets see what happens in the next few day. 

I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member
FishaHallic
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: May 21, 2008, 10:07:38 PM »

Undecided ill never get this forum, everyones out to get me for trying to help... hope it makes yall feel better becasue your accomplishing nothing...

Don't let them get to you brother. You have made valid points and everyone appreciates it they're just to hard headed to say thanks....It's all good.

Its not thats he has made some valid points because he has. Its just the fact that you gotta start somewhere and this system is a start at a cheap price. After you get the system installed, then you can focus on tuning it more closer.

I agree with Yunt on this.  If you try to give advise and they don't follow it, don't worry about it.   Chevy1500Z71 you seem to get your feelings hurt if they don't listen to you.  I'm sure all your points are valid ones but hey, if they want to try let them try.  Like even you have said what they are doing may work, now I would not try it but I am glad someone is trying it.

What I have found in the last few months is if you just keep your foot off the gas you will save alot of mpg's.  The last few months I have been very aware of my speed and try to keep it at the speed limit in town and 5mph over on the interstate.  I have also tried to avoid the jack-rabbit starts and without even trying my mileage has gone up from 12/15 to 16/18.  These #s are without even putting a whole lot of effort but I am now going to try to get a little more. 

If you pull up "Hypermiling" on google and read some of the websites you can pick up a lot of good pointers, now some of these guys take it too the extreme but if you just pick up a few things it will help.

BTW, I drive a 2003 Ford Supercrew with a 5.4L V-8 with tow package.  I was thinking of selling my truck but since I am now getting a lot better mileage I will keep it for a few more years (since it is paid off) and since it is also running very good with almost 60,000  miles.

Good luck
Chevy1500z71
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: May 21, 2008, 10:09:39 PM »

Undecided ill never get this forum, everyones out to get me for trying to help... hope it makes yall feel better becasue your accomplishing nothing...

Don't let them get to you brother. You have made valid points and everyone appreciates it they're just to hard headed to say thanks....It's all good.

Its not thats he has made some valid points because he has. Its just the fact that you gotta start somewhere and this system is a start at a cheap price. After you get the system installed, then you can focus on tuning it more closer.

well the point im REALLY trying to get across is that you shouldn't just risk it until you decide to start tuning it closer(i know that you already have accepted that tunning it is something you should do). all im saying is if i had a brand new 50,000$ car i wouldn't be just dumping the stuff in and just wait till i have the money to get it right. if i had a beater than yea id do it. so basically what im saying is although it seems like this is a cheep solution that ANYONE can do,  its really not. if you have a cheeper car than yea its for you, if you have an expensive car, than you really need to do it 100% correct the first time... personally i wouldnt do it just becasue it draws so much from the alternator i dont think it would do much... and im already spraying methanol, have no egr, and have 3 more pounds of boost than it was tuned for, so i already have quite a handfull to tune as it is. in case your wondering, no my truck inst finely tuned, it runs like crap the tune is so far out of wack its ridiculous, thats why i always like to give people the heads up on how important it is to have a properly functioning tune. mine is so crappy that it runs pig rich before boost and then goes leen ontop under boost. before i got the headers sealed up i was getting 8mpg. sealing up the headers (correcting the 02 sensors reading) put me up to 10mpg(still runs like crap tho, still rich), so you can see how very important is is that the ecm knows whats going on...
Chevy1500z71
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: May 21, 2008, 10:13:09 PM »

keeping my foot out of it does nothing for my mpg, it runs so rich that basically if i keep my foot out of it it just runs rich and the fuel comes right out the tailpipe(black smokes like a diesel when i nail it Shocked), if i sink my foot into it im just using the fuel. iv tested ti time and time again, my mpg doesn't fluctuate AT ALL, once i get the tune dialed in tho, then keeping your foot out of it will make the difference...
Chevy1500z71
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: May 21, 2008, 10:20:15 PM »

I agree with Yunt on this.  If you try to give advise and they don't follow it, don't worry about it.   Chevy1500Z71 you seem to get your feelings hurt if they don't listen to you. 

it just pisses me off when i get called a know it all, or my advice is just "blah blah blah anyway comments"... i couldn't help but call them ignorant after getting that for trying to help...
JackL
Supreme Member

A enemy generally says and believes what he wishes

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: May 21, 2008, 10:22:42 PM »

keeping my foot out of it does nothing for my mpg, it runs so rich that basically if i keep my foot out of it it just runs rich and the fuel comes right out the tailpipe(black smokes like a diesel when i nail it Shocked), if i sink my foot into it im just using the fuel. iv tested ti time and time again, my mpg doesn't fluctuate AT ALL, once i get the tune dialed in tho, then keeping your foot out of it will make the difference...

well the point im REALLY trying to get across is that you shouldn't just risk it until you decide to start tuning it closer(i know that you already have accepted that tunning it is something you should do). all im saying is if i had a brand new 50,000$ car i wouldn't be just dumping the stuff in and just wait till i have the money to get it right. if i had a beater than yea id do it. so basically what im saying is although it seems like this is a cheep solution that ANYONE can do,  its really not. if you have a cheeper car than yea its for you, if you have an expensive car, than you really need to do it 100% correct the first time... personally i wouldnt do it just becasue it draws so much from the alternator i dont think it would do much... and im already spraying methanol, have no egr, and have 3 more pounds of boost than it was tuned for, so i already have quite a handfull to tune as it is. in case your wondering, no my truck inst finely tuned, it runs like crap the tune is so far out of wack its ridiculous, thats why i always like to give people the heads up on how important it is to have a properly functioning tune. mine is so crappy that it runs pig rich before boost and then goes leen ontop under boost. before i got the headers sealed up i was getting 8mpg. sealing up the headers (correcting the 02 sensors reading) put me up to 10mpg(still runs like crap tho, still rich), so you can see how very important is is that the ecm knows whats going on...

Oh come on, admit you are just trolling now with this. LOL

« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 10:24:41 PM by JackL » Logged

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
SWAMP_DONKEY

« Reply #156 on: May 21, 2008, 11:04:19 PM »

Oh come on, admit you are just trolling now with this. LOL

Oh crap...yes Jack....AGAIN... Clapper Clapper Clapper...this has got to stop. Grin
Chevy1500z71
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: May 21, 2008, 11:25:59 PM »

Shocked ... wow, just forget i ever said anythign and move on.
trx#9
Supreme Member

Manager at Seaman's Sausage House and Adult Movies

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: May 22, 2008, 12:40:15 PM »

Is this the same system www.runyourcarwithwater.com This guy is out of clearwater.

"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
 Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!
JackL
Supreme Member

A enemy generally says and believes what he wishes

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: May 22, 2008, 01:54:39 PM »

I would really like to hear how the programmer works out in your truck when you start making realtime adjustments. I am thinking of getting the same one.

Have you run it in a 1/4? I would imagine correcting the ECU will knock two seconds off what ever it does now. If you manage 18MPG and 12's I might run the same setup. Wink

So how is the Wackermobile doing? You getting 30MPG towing a fifthwheel or what? Don't keep us in the dark.

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
Mudneck
" It's a State of Mind "
Supreme Member

****FMR****

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: May 22, 2008, 03:33:48 PM »

Didnt do much driving since I filled up friday.

gtnwood

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: May 22, 2008, 04:32:09 PM »

We can only hope, geez do u ever stop. Rest assured there are more experienced peeps on here than you, so give it a rest junior.

'Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and
rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition
that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.'
(From a Texas A&M student)
2005 Kodiak 450, 26" 589s
Chevy1500z71
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: May 22, 2008, 11:11:24 PM »

well iv learned my lesson. dont try and help anyone or give advice, isnt that the point of a forum tho? not this forum...

i can feel a pretty hard bashing coming on Embarrassed
gtnwood

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: May 23, 2008, 12:33:32 AM »

If you are smart enough to know what works and dont work surely your smart enough to know these people are at least as smart as you, so give it a rest. Go pat yourself on the back and call it a day, geezus Roll Eyes
Well except for DigBaddy of course, but he sure can cut and paste articles for good literate responses with correct english etc.... Nerd
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 12:21:03 PM by gtnwood » Logged

'Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and
rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition
that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.'
(From a Texas A&M student)
2005 Kodiak 450, 26" 589s
big-daddy
Supreme Member

Home of the Brave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: May 23, 2008, 06:54:40 AM »

Stop highjacking this thread with BS, the Kid has an Opinion just like you. Back to the testing

First day project Jeep TJ: New plate system heating up to 158' amps when to 30 not good. Mix look like it was boiling and heating up the hoses. I lower the mix in the fluid and rewired the system with a relay. I the rush to get the system up and running a used the wiring and switch from the off road light. The wiring was to small to handle the surge of amp going into the unit. I,m going to lower the mix in the unit to bring down the temp and the amps.

On a good note..... the ECU control unit worked without a problem, I have come up with a different plan for another control unit that will work better than the first. I will build it today and start testing the unit ASAP, It will give me more control over the ECU and MAP/MAF with a new pulse signal going into the ECU.

2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member
big-daddy
Supreme Member

Home of the Brave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: May 23, 2008, 09:19:27 AM »

Test 2:

Improvement from 15.5 to 21.9 MPG............ 40.6 miles on 1.85 gals of gas. remember people this is on a Jeep with 4:88 running gears and 35" tires  Grin  and the engine is still in its clean up mode.

2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member
TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

**** Frank **** **FF&J Racing**

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: May 23, 2008, 09:27:52 AM »

Test 2:

Improvement from 15.5 to 21.9 MPG............ 40.6 miles on 1.85 gals of gas. remember people this is on a Jeep with 4:88 running gears and 35" tires  Grin  and the engine is still in its clean up mode.

Nice!

I will be putting it on my 99 Sierra 4X4 with 7" lift and 35" tires next week, right now I get 12-13 MPG.

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.
Chevy1500z71
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: May 23, 2008, 09:30:49 AM »

Test 2:

sounds great! what all do you have on the truck now? the map sensor fooler or something?

this could be something i do once i get all my tunning stuff, since i have to tune anyway, i could see maximum benifits. i just need to learn a bit more about it...
big-daddy
Supreme Member

Home of the Brave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: May 23, 2008, 09:39:27 AM »

Test 2:

Nice!

I will be putting it on my 99 Sierra 4X4 with 7" lift and 35" tires next week, right now I get 12-13 MPG.

Frank you have my number, call me if you need help.

2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member
big-daddy
Supreme Member

Home of the Brave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: May 23, 2008, 09:42:07 AM »

Test 2:

sounds great! what all do you have on the truck now? the map sensor fooler or something?

this could be something i do once i get all my tunning stuff, since i have to tune anyway, i could see maximum benifits. i just need to learn a bit more about it...

I,m sending a 4.5 volt signal to the ECU from the oxy sensor, at that voltage the ECU is thinking the mix is correct. 

2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member
05greengriz
Supreme Member

FMR STYLE

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: May 23, 2008, 09:44:30 AM »

I am gonna check Wackers setup out this weekend. I have airad intake,exhaust,superchips,35's and 430 gears in my dually. I wonder if the superchips will interfere with the results.

Chevy, chime on in, I am not against to listening to all opinions.

07 Eiger
06 fsc 2800 weekend warrior
06 Rhino       
2005 Scardy Cat 500 4x4
2006 Acrtic Cat DVX 90
http
TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

**** Frank **** **FF&J Racing**

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: May 23, 2008, 09:51:53 AM »

Test 2:

Nice!

Frank you have my number, call me if you need help.

Thanks I will if I have a question.

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.
big-daddy
Supreme Member

Home of the Brave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: May 23, 2008, 10:06:11 AM »

I am gonna check Wackers setup out this weekend. I have airad intake,exhaust,superchips,35's and 430 gears in my dually. I wonder if the superchips will interfere with the results.

Chevy, chime on in, I am not against to listening to all opinions.

The Chip is increasing your fuel input and controlling your management system in the ECU. The hydrogen burning will bring the oxygen count up in the exhaust system so the oxy sensor pick up on this and adds more fuel to the mix. So you have to run a oxy sensor control to fool the ECU. I have a new control I will test this weekend that will fix that problem. 

2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member
trx#9
Supreme Member

Manager at Seaman's Sausage House and Adult Movies

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: May 23, 2008, 10:13:27 AM »