Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 16 tips to save on fuel  (Read 8683 times)
GENERAL-Z
Supreme Member

ya i got one

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2008, 07:56:01 PM »

u will keep spend money to get your truck better feul mileage but i get good milade for my truck already thats right mark double what u get16mpg ur still trying to get over 8 lol im sorry but what are u thinking man. u gots to fix that soon before u go broke. Wink

2002 blaster pro circuit pipe,works shocks,new head an piston,just broke in an quick

2000 honda fourtrax currently in pieces

1984 chevy scottsdale 1500 4x4 4inch lift 6.2l diesel 95000 original miles 20mpg city 23 hwy
kfx400rob
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2008, 09:21:19 PM »

it pisses me off when people gloat about good milage, the other day arren started bragging like crazy about his 16mpg when i filled up and calculated my 12 mpg (bad tank), i felt like telling him his truck is a slow ass pos that weighs nothing and has half the engine as me lol. he got beat by a 8 year older s10 toady with a smaller engine, what a ford.

06 kfx400
00 ez-go with rotax 503.
01 gmc 2500 d-max.
foreman1

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2008, 09:36:44 PM »

backinsaddle
"speed makes a huge difference.  I would bet that anyone that says differently never tested mpg at 55 vs 65...i promise there is an improvement at lower speed"

I'll second that .
I did that test back in the mid 1990's before oil prices went thru the roof.
I had a Dodge 3500 2wd/ diesel that i use to keep a fuel log for.
I had route that I always took to Naples, I would top off at one end of the highway and top off at the other end. This was straight shot 80plus miles no stopping of any kind . At 55mph on cruise control ,not towing , truck was empty ,I would consistently average 21-22mpg ,not bad for a 1 ton.

At 65-70 mph , it would drop to 17-18mpg . 75-80 ...15-16 RANGE.

At 45-50 on lazy Sunday drive on the same route , I recorded 23.5 mpg but thats not practical with todays traffic flow.

In conclusion ,
Yes , speed/rpm's is relative to fuel consumption so drive accordingly.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2008, 09:39:57 PM by foreman1 » Logged

NRA BENEFACTOR LIFE

WarRifles.com
Live Free or Die
"When there is no way out - Find a way further in."
Continental E-185
Chevy1500z71
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2008, 11:48:12 PM »

u will keep spend money to get your truck better fuel mileage but i get good milage for my truck already thats right mark double what u get16mpg Ur still trying to get over 8 lol I'm sorry but what are u thinking man. u gots to fix that soon before u go broke. Wink

i need about 400$ to get it up to about 12-14 mpg (it only burns about half of what it dumps in their right now becasue of a number of things wrong like leaky headers, bad 02 sensor and bad tune) and it will pay for itself but i cant get the Cash to throw down... i don't mind the 8mpg tho, id rather drive what i like than drive something gay and brag about mpg

yes thats right i get 8mpg on premium and i really dont care... because its what I'm into, worth every Pennie. and chad, i will dominate you in a drag race... Wink just bring that thing down and well run em any time.

a properly tuned 350 with a blower shuld get the same or better than a stock 350tbi just so you know, my truck is an exception for the reasons i said above
Slick89

Chevrolet all the way!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2008, 01:30:59 AM »

u will keep spend money to get your truck better fuel mileage but i get good milage for my truck already thats right mark double what u get16mpg Ur still trying to get over 8 lol I'm sorry but what are u thinking man. u gots to fix that soon before u go broke. Wink

i need about 400$ to get it up to about 12-14 mpg (it only burns about half of what it dumps in their right now becasue of a number of things wrong like leaky headers, bad 02 sensor and bad tune) and it will pay for itself but i cant get the Cash to throw down... i don't mind the 8mpg tho, id rather drive what i like than drive something gay and brag about mpg

yes thats right i get 8mpg on premium and i really dont care... because its what I'm into, worth every Pennie. and chad, i will dominate you in a drag race... Wink just bring that thing down and well run em any time.

a properly tuned 350 with a blower shuld get the same or better than a stock 350tbi just so you know, my truck is an exception for the reasons i said above

you i can't stand ppl with 4cyl complaining about gas... i here about it all the time and it just pisses me off...I just want to tell the to quit their damn whining or sell it and ride a bicycle.

2005 Honda Rubicon 500 4x4 with 27in Mud Bugs
Snorkeled 1987 Honda Fourtrax 250 2x4

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=13404593
GENERAL-Z
Supreme Member

ya i got one

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2008, 12:47:05 PM »

it pisses me off when people gloat about good milage, the other day arren started bragging like crazy about his 16mpg when i filled up and calculated my 12 mpg (bad tank), i felt like telling him his truck is a slow ass pos that weighs nothing and has half the engine as me lol. he got beat by a 8 year older s10 toady with a smaller engine, what a ford.
i knew that chevy would win.how muchdid he lead him buy?

2002 blaster pro circuit pipe,works shocks,new head an piston,just broke in an quick

2000 honda fourtrax currently in pieces

1984 chevy scottsdale 1500 4x4 4inch lift 6.2l diesel 95000 original miles 20mpg city 23 hwy
kfx400rob
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2008, 10:43:23 PM »

probly only a length, but he spun through 1st and chirped second gear, so arron hod a big jump off the line since he has no problem with traction lol. if the s10 wouldv hooked it wouldve taken it pretty good because as soon as he grabs traction he made up the difference pretty quick. aaron couldn't even get a decent burnout going today, it sounds like its bogging down, then as soon as she tries to grab second its all over. and it was wet lol, he must have felt left out after my 5th gear burnout to try, and embarrass himself. he don't even have traction problems in the rain its so gutless lol. but back to the race, to be fair the s10 is a standard, which seems to make a big difference on the slower trucks.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 10:46:57 PM by kfx400rob » Logged

06 kfx400
00 ez-go with rotax 503.
01 gmc 2500 d-max.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com