Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: how to be a ricer  (Read 46335 times)
Chevy1500z71
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: April 01, 2008, 10:55:18 AM »

yep for sure close minded(but for some resone redneck keeps poping up to)  a real gear head has love for anything fast. maybe one day you'll get to injoy a fast car that still gets 25mpg. hell its even a 4door nothing like having a carload of people in the car and rapping new zo6s. oo well no point and telling you, seems you got it all figured out.

wait a minute, are you refering to a chiped out jetta diesel as to whats going to change my mind? isnt that the same engine that bent all the rods with an 85hp tune on diesel power magazine? yea they are pretty cool because they get great mpg but far from a performance machine... my budys dad had one and it got like 40mpg Shocked

you need to realize that you cant expect me to agree with you when you come in and cram your opinion down my throat...

« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 10:58:14 AM by kawasaki400racer » Logged
kfx400rob
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: April 01, 2008, 10:56:12 AM »

yep for sure close minded(but for some resone redneck keeps poping up to)  a real gear head has love for anything fast. maybe one day you'll get to injoy a fast car that still gets 25mpg. hell its even a 4door nothing like having a carload of people in the car and rapping new zo6s. oo well no point and telling you, seems you got it all figured out.

hold on, your saying that your jetta will rape a new z06? im not saying your rong but i dont believe that without some proof...

06 kfx400
00 ez-go with rotax 503.
01 gmc 2500 d-max.
Anoriginal

« Reply #102 on: April 01, 2008, 10:58:30 AM »

Oh this is almost too funny to read.

I wasn't referring to his terminology. I was referring to welding a rear end in general.

Anyway, you guys continue. I'm loving this.   Wink
Chevy1500z71
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: April 01, 2008, 11:06:03 AM »

I wasn't referring to his terminology. I was referring to welding a rear end in general.

nothin wrong with welding up the spider gears on a rear end? no different than puting a spool on... of course i would never do it on anything you drive on the road, i have a real locker...
Anoriginal

« Reply #104 on: April 01, 2008, 11:17:42 AM »

nothin wrong with welding up the spider gears on a rear end? no different than puting a spool on... of course i would never do it on anything you drive on the road, i have a real locker...

Ummm, yeah........okay.   Laugh Laugh Rolling on the Floor Laughing Wacko
snowmanzz13
Supreme Member

when are we going riding?

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: April 01, 2008, 11:44:42 AM »

lol wow, yeah the spyders are all welded making it a spool, but yeah its a datsun z car with a chevy in it
used to be a street car....

and heres an old video

http://s36.photobucket.com/albums/e50/snowmanzz13/?action=view&current=4bac1fa4.flv

banshee Sad for sale
blaster 200 gone
ds 650   for sale
odyssey   for sale
polaris sportsman 700   for sale
helmets save lives, so wear one!!

http://www.myspace.com/954snowmann
Chevy1500z71
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: April 01, 2008, 11:53:44 AM »

umm, do you know anything about rearends at all? can you tell me what a spool is and what its good for and then tell me why its any different to weld up an open rear end as aposed to putting a spool in? sounds like your talking about wht you dont know about...

and that is a realy bad ass datsun lol
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 11:55:47 AM by kawasaki400racer » Logged
kfx400rob
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: April 01, 2008, 11:54:18 AM »

that is definitely NOT a ricer. sweet car.

06 kfx400
00 ez-go with rotax 503.
01 gmc 2500 d-max.
Anoriginal

« Reply #108 on: April 01, 2008, 01:09:43 PM »

umm, do you know anything about rearends at all? can you tell me what a spool is and what its good for and then tell me why its any different to weld up an open rear end as aposed to putting a spool in? sounds like your talking about wht you dont know about...

and that is a realy bad ass datsun lol

Yeah, I do. I also know the differnce between a mini and regular spool, when a different carrier is required in certain rear ends, how to set back lash, what a dial indicator is used for, how to properly employ pinion shims, the importance of pre-load, the difference in alloy steel and others, the important of tolerances in a carrier, what a "floater" or floating rear end actually means, why people run 9" Fords, why welding spiders is foolish and a bit dangerous and that this thread is humorous.

I'll give you a hint on the welding issue...it has to do with temper and strength. 

Now, go forth and entertain me some more my Padwan.   Cheesy
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 02:26:15 PM by Anoriginal » Logged
Chillinthemost
Supreme Member

Git it rag

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: April 01, 2008, 02:54:03 PM »

Temper and strength??  I think I understand now.
  Temper has to do with the fact that while being constantly teased about his one wheel burnouts Mr. short fused decides to weld er up.
  The strength part of it must be because it takes a strong man to lay in the dirt with no shirt on while getting sprayed with molten metal. Of course our tough guy is also squinting to avoid flashburn.

Parts required to install your Lincoln locker.

1. Grandpas old buzz box.
  2. whatever rods you find laying around the barn.
  3. Sunglasses (optional, you can just squint)
  4. Beer
  5. At least 3 friends to watch you and tell you how awsome your truck will be when finished.
  6. Almost forgot, visegrips to get the diff. cover off

This may not be a complete list but it should get you started.

YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12
Anoriginal

« Reply #110 on: April 01, 2008, 04:13:07 PM »

Oh yeah! That is funny right there...I don't care who you are.
wheelie_boy
Supreme Member

Its Fast

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: April 01, 2008, 04:25:35 PM »

wait a minute, are you refering to a chiped out jetta diesel as to whats going to change my mind? isnt that the same engine that bent all the rods with an 85hp tune on diesel power magazine? yea they are pretty cool because they get great mpg but far from a performance machine... my budys dad had one and it got like 40mpg Shocked

you need to realize that you cant expect me to agree with you when you come in and cram your opinion down my throat...

My TDI gets 47 Mpg  Grin
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 04:28:34 PM by wheelie_boy » Logged

05 kx 250f
Anoriginal

« Reply #112 on: April 01, 2008, 07:14:46 PM »

Hey Kawasaki400racer! Where'd you go? I can explain all of that if you want.   Kiss
Chevy1500z71
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: April 01, 2008, 07:22:28 PM »

yea, i know all about the rearends also, i just fully rebuilt mine a while ago with a Detroit full locker and i had to do all the backlash and gear tooth pattern and all that good stuff, i know all about spool and mini spool also, you don't need to explain any of that... but anyways back to welding the rearend, I'm not saying its the right way to do it because it really is a bad idea because things can break but for something like a mud truck or some junker that you want to weld up the rearend its really no big deal.

so sorry for saying you don't know what your talking about because you obviously do just as well as myself but its just your opinion about welding up a rear end, id have no problem welding up the rear on something like a mud truck... welding up a rearend is never a good idea on something like a racecar if thats sorta why you would be saying welding it is a bad idea...
Anoriginal

« Reply #114 on: April 01, 2008, 09:10:19 PM »

Yep.  Wink
Chevy1500z71
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: April 01, 2008, 09:33:04 PM »

Temper and strength??  I think I understand now.
  Temper has to do with the fact that while being constantly teased about his one wheel burnouts Mr. short fused decides to weld er up.
  The strength part of it must be because it takes a strong man to lay in the dirt with no shirt on while getting sprayed with molten metal. Of course our tough guy is also squinting to avoid flashburn.

Parts required to install your Lincoln locker.

1. Grandpas old buzz box.
  2. whatever rods you find laying around the barn.
  3. Sunglasses (optional, you can just squint)
  4. Beer
  5. At least 3 friends to watch you and tell you how awsome your truck will be when finished.
  6. Almost forgot, visegrips to get the diff. cover off

This may not be a complete list but it should get you started.

lmfao, i could see it.

a spool or welded rear end is a terible idea really, all kinds of chirping just cruising around a parking lot.. and axle twist Shocked

i like my detroit locker, lockes under power, unlocks when im creeping through a parking lot... a ton of peopel swear by the detroit tre tracs but wont it still break into a one wheel peel if you mash it half way around a corner? it wont pull a one wheeler in a strait line tho...
gearhead400
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: April 01, 2008, 09:50:06 PM »

that is definitely NOT a ricer. sweet car.

ricer = driver
rice  = delicious food/the car.

Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  gearhead400ex@hotmail.com
Chevy1500z71
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: April 01, 2008, 10:31:45 PM »

ricer can mean alot of thing, if you ask me the #1 thing that determines a ricer is the dieing moose sound, and a close second would be if you have to downshift 3 or 4 times to get "in the power" constantly than its probably a ricer...

i had a neon beside me that kicked it down like 3 times and it was stills strugeling lmao, he thought he could take my truck... he was wrong lmao
4door5g

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: April 02, 2008, 11:38:33 AM »

nah im not talking about no tdi. the one im refuring to is green 97 vr6 turbo. car dynoed at 387whp and 374ftlbs of tq at 15 psi. but since has had a few upgrades and now runs 25 psi(on a 81mm turbo). its a purty serious car. it not mine, its a good friends of mines. and as for the new z06 thing, we got to run one while we were in miami a few weeks ago. it was funny as hell to see the look on the old dudes face when we went rowing past him. let me look around ill see if i can find the dyno video. and theres one some where out there that has some videos of him running some moded gtos and a cobra. just got to find it

2005 400ex built 440
2006 yfz450 SE
2006 raptor 350
kfx400rob
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: April 02, 2008, 11:49:13 AM »

the old man didnt know how to drive because they make more than 380 hp at the wheels and weigh about the same? idk what kinda quarter mile does it run.

06 kfx400
00 ez-go with rotax 503.
01 gmc 2500 d-max.
Chevy1500z71
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: April 02, 2008, 11:54:21 AM »

81mm turbo? jeez that thing must take all day to light a turbo like that... so it runs a good 1/4. i bet its a turd driving around town with a 81mm turbo taking ALL DAY to spool up lol
4door5g

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: April 02, 2008, 05:09:07 PM »

nah the thing spools real hard. and its already a vr6 so it wasnt a complete turd when it was stock. and the cars still his daily that we have drivin every where.
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=43914214&MyToken=485d3440-0608-4a26-8d39-09dba4141724
 thats his myspace page. take alook at it, he also has a 83 rabit with a vr6 thats purty fun
« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 05:29:06 PM by 4door5g » Logged

2005 400ex built 440
2006 yfz450 SE
2006 raptor 350
gearhead400
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: April 02, 2008, 05:23:27 PM »

81mm turbo? jeez that thing must take all day to light a turbo like that... so it runs a good 1/4. i bet its a turd driving around town with a 81mm turbo taking ALL DAY to spool up lol

proper tuning and piping can take care of that. I'd like to see this thing. My friend was going to put the same engine in a rabbit  Cheesy I love watching rabbit videos. so funny.

If you guys every do meets up there or anything let me know, i'd really love to check this car out.

oh i just read your last post and saw YOUR friend already did the rabbit swap. bad ass haha.

Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  gearhead400ex@hotmail.com
4door5g

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: April 02, 2008, 05:29:56 PM »

man you ever come to ocala your more then welcome to tkae a look at it and ask any questions

2005 400ex built 440
2006 yfz450 SE
2006 raptor 350
kfx400rob
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: April 03, 2008, 09:54:52 AM »

i dont care what you say, i call bs on a quick spooling 81mm turbo on an engine that small no matter how the exhaust is set up. i guess its all what you consider a quick spool, my trucks engine is alot bigger and i think the stock turbo is like 65mm and its not the fastest spooling setup.

06 kfx400
00 ez-go with rotax 503.
01 gmc 2500 d-max.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com