Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: how to be a ricer  (Read 46325 times)
SWAMP_DONKEY

« Reply #75 on: March 28, 2008, 10:18:16 PM »

lol doesnt brigs still use a flathead design on their small engines?

I dont fool with the small stuff..... 5hp and up for me Grin  You gotta grow a pair when you get to that level.
kfx400rob
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: March 28, 2008, 10:46:49 PM »

never said they were slow but it just seemed like you were trying to say they are better than v8s in some way. and as far as weight advantage, well yea it dont seem like much when your comparing a vett, thats probly the lightest v8 anything you can get, and we all know which one is faster anyways. all im saying is when it comes to racing push rod v8s dominate the field, with few exceptions such as road racing and rally, for a reason, its not because there a buch of narrow minded hardcore v8 fans. and i don't care at all about handling, im sure a vett handles plenty good and is more fun in a straight line anyways. the whole stis arent ricers thing is a matter of opinion, when i see a sti scream by and hear that horrible 4 banger sound the first thing i think is ricer. i argue it because you came off like stis are better than v8s in general... 

06 kfx400
00 ez-go with rotax 503.
01 gmc 2500 d-max.
kfx400rob
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: March 28, 2008, 10:49:38 PM »

also, this REALY didnt help your argument, that got me a little pissed lol.

"anyone that thinks push rod engines are what performance is all about, shouldnt be able to DRIVE a car"

seriously think about that.

06 kfx400
00 ez-go with rotax 503.
01 gmc 2500 d-max.
SWAMP_DONKEY

« Reply #78 on: March 28, 2008, 10:55:51 PM »

Vetts are SLOW without work done Push rod or not...but you can always get more power with more valves, 2 intake and 2 exhaust=32 valves and that means DUAL OVER HEAD CAM v8..if you want HP @ high RPM's. You want tourque... GET SOME REAL displacement BIG BLOCK and get some air into her (blower) and High compression 12.5 to 1 dometops work best with AV GAS.  Wink  Piss on 4 bangers they are for Gang Bangers and Children. Shocked
Chevy1500z71
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: March 28, 2008, 11:08:15 PM »

12.5:1 pistons with a blower Shocked youd need to run race gas and spray 100% methanol to keep that from knocking...
SWAMP_DONKEY

« Reply #80 on: March 28, 2008, 11:14:57 PM »

12.5:1 pistons with a blower Shocked youd need to run race gas and spray 100% methanol to keep that from knocking...

Retard the timing 12 degrease and she will run great.
Anoriginal

« Reply #81 on: March 28, 2008, 11:17:13 PM »

Oh, wait a minute.....let me count the number of winning cars that were "ricer" types in the NSCA or NMRA over the years. Ready?Huh Here goes.....

um

hmmmm

Zero.   Cheesy

The winning cars have (overwhelmingly) been small block V8's in the 370 - 420 ci range with any number of power adders on them. Nitrous at first, then everyone got on board with the supercharger and lately its the turbos. Granted, all of them have been around for years, but it seems that the turbos have come into their own over the past 3-5 years.

And I am not talking about the pro-mod types. I'm talking the Super Street, Real Street, Hot Street classes on 10.5's and no W's. (If you race, you know what I mean.) One of the best demonstrations of this type of horsepower and reliability is in the Fun Ford weekend True Street Challenge series. 30 miles of highway driving follwed by 15 minutes to change tires and then 3 back to back passes without ever popping the hood and you better run mid 7's to expect to win. Many of these cars are driven to the track and then back home.

Oh, and Vettes' are hardly slow. Lets be real. It's a great package out of the box. Spend some time behind the wheel of a ZO6 and you'll see why they call it a Ferrari killer. Even your standard run of the mill C5 is a blast to drive and will dominate most (most folks, not all) other cars off the showroom floor.

Finally, nobody that runs any serious boost and knows what they're doing builds a motor with 12.5:1 and then relies on timing to make it run.
Chevy1500z71
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: March 28, 2008, 11:38:24 PM »

he was joking on the timing im prety sure lol. i have 9 pounds of boost on 9.5 pistons, i run premium and i spray methanol so once i tune i should be able to advance the timing a good bit since im basicly runing around 116 octane while im spraying methanol...
Chevy1500z71
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: March 28, 2008, 11:40:36 PM »

turbos own for drag racing they make much more boost and dont drag anything... but around town they arent fun on daily drivers because you dont get the instant kick of a blower. blowers ftw
SWAMP_DONKEY

« Reply #84 on: March 28, 2008, 11:58:10 PM »

he was joking on the timing im prety sure lol. i have 9 pounds of boost on 9.5 pistons, i run premium and i spray methanol so once i tune i should be able to advance the timing a good bit since im basicly runing around 116 octane while im spraying methanol...

Wink  Briggs and stratton baby...lol naturally aspirated only with that kind of compression Tongue  My buddy runs a z06 that is NASTY but his drag car is the bomb.

http://www.bsrracing.com/   no rice allowed.

Some folks cant joke Wink
« Last Edit: March 29, 2008, 12:00:12 AM by SWAMP_DONKEY » Logged
kfx400rob
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: March 31, 2008, 06:11:18 PM »

lol, i couldn't stop laughing when i saw this today. that wing is rediculis.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 09:01:53 PM by kfx400rob » Logged

06 kfx400
00 ez-go with rotax 503.
01 gmc 2500 d-max.
gearhead400
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: March 31, 2008, 08:57:19 PM »

hahaha wooooow. I was in daytona this weekend and saw a few integra's with honda emblems.  Roll Eyes Number one, why in the hell would you do that, number two....THOSE ARE RIGHT HAND DRIVE YOU MORONS!! NO ONE BELIEVES YOU!! Rice all OVVVER daytona, but there were some NICCCCCE cars at out by the stage on the board walk. Of course they were mostly imports so i'll leave it at that. Saw an old Blue c-10 with a 572 in it, woodbed, ohhhh man, if only the tailpipes were a little tighter hahahaha. Owner was never around though, i wanted to hear that baby purrrrr.

Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  gearhead400ex@hotmail.com
Chevy1500z71
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: March 31, 2008, 09:03:51 PM »

have you seen project coper head on trucks tv? that is one badass classic chevy with a 572...
gearhead400
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: March 31, 2008, 10:00:31 PM »

have you seen project coper head on trucks tv? that is one badass classic chevy with a 572...
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm i drool over that truck. He did such an amazing job. This was pretty close to project copperhead, just solid blue.

Mansfield
       Feeling generous?
Chevy1500z71
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: March 31, 2008, 10:05:44 PM »

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm i drool over that truck. He did such an amazing job. This was pretty close to project copperhead, just solid blue.

that was pretty much m favorite trucks project ever... after that the show went to the craper until recently the ford vs Chevy muscle truck wars really redeemed the show if you ask me...

not a fiar comparison, a 4 year newer lightening anth no cats compared to a older 454ss with all stock exhaust and intake and 60k more miles... but whatever the 454ss will still own that lightening...
gearhead400
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: March 31, 2008, 10:12:04 PM »

yaaaaaa i never got to see the end of that show! The odd's definitely werent good to start out with and that chevy is way sexier! oh and umm, BIG BLOCK! 

Mansfield
       Feeling generous?
Chevy1500z71
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: March 31, 2008, 10:26:36 PM »

yaaaaaa i never got to see the end of that show! The odd's definitely werent good to start out with and that chevy is way sexier! oh and umm, BIG BLOCK! 

o yea, that 351 windsor doesnt have a chance... or does it, i read on the site that they are puting an sts turbo on it, still not comparable to a properly built natural aspirated 454. but it depends on a few things, how much boost they push thru the 351 and how well they build the 454... so the ford is still a thread with forced induction, imo they should have just went balls out with the 454 and put a big nasy roots blower on it and built it with a good set of heads and multi port and a big cam, then they would have been un touchable.
4door5g

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: March 31, 2008, 11:11:11 PM »

ya'll should come to ocala some time, i got a jetta that would change your mind. shoot me a PM when yall are ready to go for a ride

2005 400ex built 440
2006 yfz450 SE
2006 raptor 350
Chevy1500z71
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: March 31, 2008, 11:19:06 PM »

seeing a fast car wont change my mind... i dont like ford, but the other day we raced a 5.0 that absolutely blew the doors off my brothers dmax, yea it was a badass mustang(trick flow heads, intake, injectors, throtle body, lopey cam, nitrus, he said it runs a 7.6 1/8 mile on spray, 600rwhp)... id still rather have a camaro. i just like what i like and nothing really changes my mind... call it closed minded if you will...
4door5g

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: March 31, 2008, 11:53:18 PM »

yep for sure close minded(but for some resone redneck keeps poping up to)  a real gear head has love for anything fast. maybe one day you'll get to injoy a fast car that still gets 25mpg. hell its even a 4door nothing like having a carload of people in the car and rapping new zo6s. oo well no point and telling you, seems you got it all figured out.

2005 400ex built 440
2006 yfz450 SE
2006 raptor 350
Chevy1500z71
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: April 01, 2008, 09:59:47 AM »

yep for sure close minded(but for some resone redneck keeps poping up to)  a real gear head has love for anything fast. maybe one day you'll get to injoy a fast car that still gets 25mpg. hell its even a 4door nothing like having a carload of people in the car and rapping new zo6s. oo well no point and telling you, seems you got it all figured out.

well you got it all wrong buddy, im not closed minded, its called preference. and a real gearhead loves anything fast is true, cant disagree there... but a real gearhead also knows that anything but a v8 is just a close second, nothing compares and thats all im getting at... and just a tip, you make yourself look bad when you make a personal cutdown like calling me a redneck, it makes it look like you got your panties in a bunch and had to call me a name...

you guys can have all you imports and whatever you like, and i dont have a problem with it but ill stick with my v8. nothing else compares even if what your comparing is equaly as fast, id still take the v8 because thats what i like, and that is not closed minded its just what i like...
snowmanzz13
Supreme Member

when are we going riding?

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: April 01, 2008, 10:12:06 AM »

well, he has a jetta to change your mind, i have a 1974 Datsun 260z that might change your mind on imports Grin the lil motor between the frame rails has so much torque we have trouble not shearing axles in half, and the only rear end we found to fit and hold up to its power without bolting in a 9 inch ford, is a twin turbo 300zx limited slip rear end with the whole inside welded together making it a posi

did i mention it doesnt have a little inline 6 under the hood anymore? lol v8 power baby
Has a little baby 388 in it

banshee Sad for sale
blaster 200 gone
ds 650   for sale
odyssey   for sale
polaris sportsman 700   for sale
helmets save lives, so wear one!!

http://www.myspace.com/954snowmann
Anoriginal

« Reply #97 on: April 01, 2008, 10:20:10 AM »

with the whole inside welded together making it a posi

Huh   TskTsk
kfx400rob
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: April 01, 2008, 10:45:23 AM »

well, he has a jetta to change your mind, i have a 1974 Datsun 260z that might change your mind on imports Grin the lil motor between the frame rails has so much torque we have trouble not shearing axles in half, and the only rear end we found to fit and hold up to its power without bolting in a 9 inch ford, is a twin turbo 300zx limited slip rear end with the whole inside welded together making it a posi

did i mention it doesnt have a little inline 6 under the hood anymore? lol v8 power baby
Has a little baby 388 in it

so your telling me you have a 74 260z with a 388 in it, i must see pics.

06 kfx400
00 ez-go with rotax 503.
01 gmc 2500 d-max.
Chevy1500z71
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: April 01, 2008, 10:48:27 AM »

im prety sure he just meant to say spool...

posi means limited slip, so welding up a rear end acts like a spool not posi, just for future reference...

an import with a american v8 wont chage my mind on imports becasue its basicly proving that imports are so lame you need an american powerplant to make it good... but yea that does sound prety bad ass, im not bashing what you have, is it a car or what is a 260z. there are many other good axles out there too, a gm 14bolt semi floater or a full floated or maybe a dana 44 or something like that, but the ford 9" is a popular choice because its lightweight
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com