Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: soldiers deaths almost 4,000 in Iraq.  (Read 25811 times)
budman
Supreme Member

No, I'm not depressed...I'm just guarding my beer!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2008, 12:44:47 PM »

I served 8 years in the US Army and was in Desert Shield and Storm. I have no problem at all with us being over in Iraq. We should have stayed the first time and finished the job BUT we didn't. So, now we are going to finish the job as long as we don't get some liberal "tree hugging" President. I'm now 39, have a wife and two children and I'm thinking of signing back up. Being prior military even at my age I can go back and I just might.

Put things into perspective.........more people are murdered in any one MAJOR US city like Chicago or LA than ALL the soldiers killed in the same day, week or month. I can live with that.

I also Thank You for your great sacrifices and service to our country, so we can have the opportunity to debate this!

www.rratv.net

2005 F-150 4x4 (with NO mud on it)
2004 ATV trailer, 6' x 12'
34Qt Coleman cooler,
Case of Budweiser, "King Of Beers"
Several bungees.
00 Rancher 2x4 (mine)
05 Foreman 4x4 (not mine)
06 Recon (not mine)
logandzwon

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2008, 12:47:13 PM »

The U.S. avg's 15,000 murders a year Angry
The U.S. avg's 14,000 drunk driving deaths a year   Angry
That's 145,000 lives since the War started..................
Korean war.........54,000 lives lost
Vietnam.............58,000 lives lost
While every life (4000) we have lost over in the middle east is tragic it compares nothing to what we experiences here between our own borders on a yearly basis!!! Hell we have some cities here that have more deaths (murders) per month than the whole damn war per month!! I won't say the war is worth it but at least they aren't dying in vain and there is a cause!  "What a Waste"!! I don't think so Wilburz  Sad lets sit back and see how history plays out on this whole matter (wether we should have gone there or not)! until then all conjecture anyway...

My issue with this logic is that Iraq is 167,975 square miles.  The US is 3,790,000 square miles.  By size the lost of US soldiers in Iraq is about even with ever murder and auto death is in the US.  In other words, adjusted by square mile, for ever death by either murder or auto accident, one addition solider has died.

It might be interesting and more accurate to see the comparison by population.

logandzwon

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2008, 12:49:25 PM »

I never said it was not factual, but you can shape the facts to read anyway you want.  Look at what GW did with the "facts" about weapons of mass destruction and for that matter his resume to be president has been shaped so many times even he himself would not recognize it.  BTW, I did not even read what it said, as soon as I went to the website you could tell it was slanted way, way to the right.

HAHA, yea I was gonna say that, of course a liberal new outlet wouldn't print factious Pro-war propaganda.
FishaHallic
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2008, 08:28:56 PM »

I know, every time the press says anything bad about the war you guys cry "liberal press".  Your right the whole world is against you right wingers, please  Bang Head.
FishaHallic
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2008, 08:30:07 PM »

God I am way too tired to post anything sensible here.

You are all lucky. lol  Wink

I'm going to go change another diaper and take a nap.

You stay out of this, you are on diaper duty for the next 2-3 yrs.  Can you say diaper genie  Thumbs Up
wilburz
Supreme Member

Tastes like chicken!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2008, 10:53:12 AM »

While every life (4000) we have lost over in the middle east is tragic it compares nothing to what we experiences here between our own borders on a yearly basis!!! Hell we have some cities here that have more deaths (murders) per month than the whole damn war per month!! I won't say the war is worth it but at least they aren't dying in vain and there is a cause!  "What a Waste"!! I don't think so Wilburz  Sad lets sit back and see how history plays out on this whole matter (wether we should have gone there or not)! until then all conjecture anyway...

My issue with this logic is that Iraq is 167,975 square miles.  The US is 3,790,000 square miles.  By size the lost of US soldiers in Iraq is about even with ever murder and auto death is in the US.  In other words, adjusted by square mile, for ever death by either murder or auto accident, one addition solider has died.

It might be interesting and more accurate to see the comparison by population.

first off, the vietnam was 40 years ago! if the generals of today tried to stick us in a quagmire like that and lose 100's of soldiers today then they would be in big trouble. the game of war has changed exponentially! you cannot even comare Iraq to any of those wars.

And it does note even make sense to compare combat deaths to the number of people dying in the usa. that is ludicrous! And it is my personal opinion that its a waste! Maybe if we spent more money on better armor and sent more troops over there and cleaned up that crizap hole then no more soldiers would die. I am just saying 4,000 is a lot of people. Even 1 death over there is too much IMO.

1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler
trx#9
Supreme Member

Manager at Seaman's Sausage House and Adult Movies

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2008, 11:05:57 AM »

Don't worry about gas prices anymore president Bush just sent thingy Cheney over to Saudi Arabia to talk about oil. I'm sure gas will a drop a couple of dollars in a few days. Rolling on the Floor Laughing Rolling on the Floor Laughing Rolling on the Floor Laughing Rolling on the Floor Laughing Rolling on the Floor Laughing Rolling on the Floor Laughing Rolling on the Floor Laughing Rolling on the Floor Laughing Rolling on the Floor Laughing

"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
 Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!
Anoriginal

« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2008, 02:28:39 PM »

God I am way too tired to post anything sensible here.

You are all lucky. lol  Wink

I'm going to go change another diaper and take a nap.

You stay out of this, you are on diaper duty for the next 2-3 yrs.  Can you say diaper genie  Thumbs Up

Oh yeah. those Diaper Genies are great!!! Never been so tired yet so happy in all my life.

Alright, you guys get back to throwing mud. I'm spectating this one.  Grin
rdm225

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2008, 07:43:25 PM »

I say nuke the camel jockeys, to hell with all the lying ,stinking arabs make the place a parking lot than steal there oil make it 50 cents a gallon. Dont pregnant dog about Bush he  keeps us
free ,like your freedom thank a veteran
Semper FI
Chevy1500z71
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2008, 08:39:39 PM »

yet another thread that leaves me very disapointed in this site... who would of thought, atv riders, liberal tree hugin girl thingies...
Prairie Master

internationaloffroad.com

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2008, 09:09:46 PM »

Great post .....  Hey Wiburz what have you ever served, it takes a certain type of person who wants to protect thier country, not from the view point of tommorrow or a month from now but for generations to come. I heard the other day that the first above the knee amputee has returned to active duty serving in Iraq on behalf of his own request.  BTW I have served and I retire in 3 days. I hope my children follow in my footsteps proudly serving thier country as well.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 09:17:20 PM by Prairie Master » Logged

02 Prairie 650
04 Ozark 250
05 Rancher 350
06 Polaris 50 
01 KTM 380
04 Gear Box
03 F350
05 Magnum
76 wife
FishaHallic
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2008, 09:56:08 PM »

Great post .....  Hey Wiburz what have you ever served, it takes a certain type of person who wants to protect thier country, not from the view point of tommorrow or a month from now but for generations to come. I heard the other day that the first above the knee amputee has returned to active duty serving in Iraq on behalf of his own request.  BTW I have served and I retire in 3 days. I hope my children follow in my footsteps proudly serving thier country as well.

I hope your children follow in your footsteps also,  and what I mean by that is that they come home save and sound.   In the mean time just because a soldier with a above the knee amputation decides he wants to go back to Iraq does not mean that this country still needs to be there.   Most soldiers when interviewed are there because they want to be with there buddies, if there unit is there then that's where they want to be.  Maybe some believe in the cause some don't but they have a job to do and that is what they are doing.

Now just because some of us think the war is lost (due to GW incompetence) and can't be won, and we don't like seeing our soldiers killed in a battle that can't be won does not mean we are not "good americans" or that we are "peace loving hippies" it means maybe just maybe we care more about human life than some of the "compassionate christian conservatives. 

You'll notice you don't hear anyone complaining about Afghanistan do you, do you ever wonder why?  The reason is simple, everyone agrees going into Afghanistan was the right thing to do plain and simple.  If it is the right move (which Afghanistan was) then most Americans will be all for it.  But the problem with Iraq is that your president went in with too few troops and on top of that he pulled some troops out of Afghanistan (took his eye off the real problem) and sent them to Iraq, so now Afghanistan is not looking good for us.  George Bush is the main problem in Afghanistan and Iraq and until he is gone nothing will change.  Both wars were winnable at one time but Iraq is lost now no matter what we do but there is still hope for Afghanistan.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 10:02:00 PM by FishaHallic » Logged
trx#9
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2008, 10:15:28 PM »

yet another thread that leaves me very disapointed in this site... who would of thought, atv riders, liberal tree hugin girl thingies...
Whats wrong with loving nature and protecting our greatest asset? Will you be happier when the earth looks like mars.

Fuzzy Pickle race team!
MPTonyT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2008, 10:25:49 PM »

I hope your children follow in your footsteps also,  and what I mean by that is that they come home save and sound.   In the mean time just because a soldier with a above the knee amputation decides he wants to go back to Iraq does not mean that this country still needs to be there.   Most soldiers when interviewed are there because they want to be with there buddies, if there unit is there then that's where they want to be.  Maybe some believe in the cause some don't but they have a job to do and that is what they are doing.

Now just because some of us think the war is lost (due to GW incompetence) and can't be won, and we don't like seeing our soldiers killed in a battle that can't be won does not mean we are not "good americans" or that we are "peace loving hippies" it means maybe just maybe we care more about human life than some of the "compassionate christian conservatives. 

You'll notice you don't hear anyone complaining about Afghanistan do you, do you ever wonder why?  The reason is simple, everyone agrees going into Afghanistan was the right thing to do plain and simple.  If it is the right move (which Afghanistan was) then most Americans will be all for it.  But the problem with Iraq is that your president went in with too few troops and on top of that he pulled some troops out of Afghanistan (took his eye off the real problem) and sent them to Iraq, so now Afghanistan is not looking good for us.  George Bush is the main problem in Afghanistan and Iraq and until he is gone nothing will change.  Both wars were winnable at one time but Iraq is lost now no matter what we do but there is still hope for Afghanistan.

Fish - That has got to be the best response I have seen while reading this entire thread.

I've been there and done that as a Military Policeman with 545 days boots on ground.

Sgt. Tassillo
101st Airborne Div.
551 Military Police Company

Air Assualt!!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 10:31:05 PM by MPTonyT » Logged

2003 Yamaha Raptor 660R
FishaHallic
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2008, 11:06:14 PM »

Thank you, and a very special thank you  Bow Bow for serving our country.
wilburz
Supreme Member

Tastes like chicken!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2008, 07:41:20 AM »

i have never served in the armed forces. but both my grandpas were in WWII and my uncle was in the Vietnam war. And I doubt if my grandfathers were alive they would be in support of the Iraq war. And I am too old to enlist now but if i was younger I would have no problem signing up. I think Fish summed up the way I feel about Iraq. Maybe I did not choose the best words to use but I think our resources could be used better.     

12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler
trx#9
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2008, 04:43:41 PM »

Things that make you go hmmmm.

Fuzzy Pickle race team!
Chevy1500z71
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2008, 10:15:58 PM »

yet another thread that leaves me very disapointed in this site... who would of thought, atv riders, liberal tree hugin pu$$ies...
Whats wrong with loving nature and protecting our greatest asset? Will you be happier when the earth looks like mars.

your one of those tree hugers ain't you, i bet you believe in the whole global warming caused by cars thing too don't ya? lmao
rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2008, 10:23:39 PM »

What a waste!

the Iraq war cost is well over $1 trillion.

That is enough to provide health care for all 47 million uninsured Americans and quality pre-kindergarten for every American child, solve the housing crisis once and for all, make college affordable for every American student and provide tax relief to tens of millions of middle-class families.

Thanks God Sadam Hussein is out of there. I was actually worried some of his pitifull arsed soldiers or weapons of mass distruction would strike Florida. Thanks Mr. Bush. Your the man! Job well done!

oh man, phew i gota try and contan myself wilburz, what you just said is the most ignorant and stupid thing i ever heard

first off president bush wasnt planning on 9/11 happening, which got us into war

another thing is that there is more than just us, we cant just be self contained and help ourselves, if we dont get involved with foreign affairs we will be left behind and crumble ourelves

i think you have more to worry about then one of Husseins weapons, i hope you run into one of those marines that are out there fighting for your freedom to say stupid stuff like that

98% of the teenage population will try or does smoke pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this into your signature.
trx#9
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2008, 11:00:13 PM »

yet another thread that leaves me very disapointed in this site... who would of thought, atv riders, liberal tree hugin pu$$ies...

your one of those tree hugers ain't you, i bet you believe in the whole global warming caused by cars thing too don't ya? lmao
I guess all that smog in L.A. is cause by Mexican farts then. I don't think cars are the main polluter but there not helping. You tell me what is causing global warming. Let me guess that you don't believe in global warming. Undecided 

I rather hug a tree than a flowmaster exhaust like you. Don't take mother nature for granted.

Fuzzy Pickle race team!
trx#9
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2008, 11:03:02 PM »

What a waste!

That is enough to provide health care for all 47 million uninsured Americans and quality pre-kindergarten for every American child, solve the housing crisis once and for all, make college affordable for every American student and provide tax relief to tens of millions of middle-class families.

Thanks God Sadam Hussein is out of there. I was actually worried some of his pitifull arsed soldiers or weapons of mass distruction would strike Florida. Thanks Mr. Bush. Your the man! Job well done!

oh man, phew i gota try and contan myself wilburz, what you just said is the most ignorant and stupid thing i ever heard

first off president bush wasnt planning on 9/11 happening, which got us into war

another thing is that there is more than just us, we cant just be self contained and help ourselves, if we dont get involved with foreign affairs we will be left behind and crumble ourelves

i think you have more to worry about then one of Husseins weapons, i hope you run into one of those marines that are out there fighting for your freedom to say stupid stuff like that
Rolling on the Floor Laughing Rolling on the Floor Laughing Rolling on the Floor Laughing Rolling on the Floor Laughing Rolling on the Floor Laughing Rolling on the Floor Laughing Help! Rolling on the Floor Laughing Rolling on the Floor Laughing

Fuzzy Pickle race team!
GrizzlyGator

« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2008, 07:06:37 AM »

Let me guess that you don't believe in global warming. Undecided 

I rather hug a tree than a flowmaster exhaust like you. Don't take mother nature for granted.

Ha Ha Ha don't mess with Mother Nature.....Another poor soul in the Gore Camp

you need to watch this pretty Eye opening............

wilburz
Supreme Member

Tastes like chicken!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2008, 07:30:37 AM »

What a waste!

ok. thanks for the compliments water boy.  you are the most pitiful human piece of waste on the earth! I am sorry your daddy don't talk to you know more or that you were ignored as a child. Your a friggin dumb arse!

as for your comments, 9/11 was not caused by Iraq or any Iraqies! So why invade Iraq? That is one of the stupidest things i have ever read. How old are you boy? 

And we are involved in too many world affairs. Iraq is one cluster-f I think we could avoid. The remark about Iraq weapons was a joke you dork. We never found any WMD's. Remember? I hope I do run into a marine one day. I would have not problem stating my opposition to the Iraq war.

Your dumb!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 07:32:31 AM by wilburz » Logged

12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler
trx#9
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2008, 11:33:19 AM »

What a waste!

ok. thanks for the compliments water boy.  you are the most pitiful human piece of waste on the earth! I am sorry your daddy don't talk to you know more or that you were ignored as a child. Your a friggin dumb arse!

as for your comments, 9/11 was not caused by Iraq or any Iraqies! So why invade Iraq? That is one of the stupidest things i have ever read. How old are you boy? 

And we are involved in too many world affairs. Iraq is one cluster-f I think we could avoid. The remark about Iraq weapons was a joke you dork. We never found any WMD's. Remember? I hope I do run into a marine one day. I would have not problem stating my opposition to the Iraq war.

Your dumb!
Wilburz, we should of attacked Saudi Arabia thats who finance 911, But wait there our allies. I guess there off limits then, our friends.
I amazing how dumb and naive people can be. Please wake up red necks put down the meth pipe and turn of the brain washing talk radio. Cool

Fuzzy Pickle race team!
Prairie Master

internationaloffroad.com

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2008, 01:31:09 PM »

What a waste!

Your dumb!

WMD were found just not in the quanties to make the media happy even though a little bit of that stuff can kill lots and lots of people
as for some of your other comments:

As for health care / get a Job or join the military
Pre kindergarden / Spend quality time after work with your children teaching them yourself
Housing crisis  / well people did that to themselves I have a house with a 30 year fixed rate and have no problems
College /  join the military , college is almost free while on active duty and when you get out use your GI BILL
Tax relief / support the fair tax so everyone contributes to the tax system

Today I retired from 20 years of service, sometimes I wonder why I stayed in so long protecting people which all they can do is complain about life around them or its me me me . Sit down and enjoy life, and live it to its fullest, when you can thank a Service member esp those guys from Vietnam there thanks is long over due.  That's my .02

John R Boucher AKA (Bobby Boucher "The WaterBoy") USN RET

« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 01:35:48 PM by Prairie Master » Logged

02 Prairie 650
04 Ozark 250
05 Rancher 350
06 Polaris 50 
01 KTM 380
04 Gear Box
03 F350
05 Magnum
76 wife
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up