Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: oil ok ?  (Read 3748 times)
floydamus

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: March 09, 2008, 09:24:28 PM »

does this used oil look ok. reason im asking is ive  noticed im loosing  coolant. and another question is on a yfz should you be able to see oil in the crankcase if you take that plug out??

* 100_1643 (Small).jpg (26.67 KB, 360x480 - viewed 177 times.)

* 100_1642 (Small).jpg (27.86 KB, 360x480 - viewed 179 times.)

05 kfx 400
hmf slip on rejeted to match it ac propegs with heal gaurds. and i plan on stage one hotcams
MedicMudder
Supreme Member

USMC...OOOO RHAA !!!!!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2008, 09:54:50 PM »

hard to tell in the pic but looks like the oil is 2 tone  shuldn't be,lot of reflection in the pic,if you are loosing coolant and don't see t dripping or smell it
you got a uuuuggggly problem  Cry

Never forget 343.
2004 500 SPM
 My son is a United States  Marine. SmileySmiley Semper Fidelis.
 Proud member of the Mudd Butt Mafia
    VAMPIRES SUCK BLOOD TO LIVE, POLITICIANS DO IT CUZ THE ENJOY IT!!!!!!
floydamus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2008, 09:58:51 PM »

your tellin me

05 kfx 400
hmf slip on rejeted to match it ac propegs with heal gaurds. and i plan on stage one hotcams
chrisyzf450

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2008, 10:18:44 PM »

milky oil is a sign of water in the oil. most cases is a head gasket. pull the head and check to see if it is true. use a stright edge and a flash light.
floydamus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2008, 10:38:59 PM »

nto pullin the head its a 08 bike it will be going to the  dealer ship this week warranty is up this week

05 kfx 400
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2008, 10:54:11 PM »

nto pullin the head its a 08 bike it will be going to the  dealer ship this week warranty is up this week

may want to see about buying an extended warranty while your there. if you are having problems and they are ongoing you might be in trouble without a warranty.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
predatorracer8

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2008, 11:06:47 PM »

loosing coolant, i go through about half a tank of coolant in a moderate race, at the GNCC i almost ran dry in the reservoir.

jake
svtbolt04
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2008, 12:17:27 AM »

loosing coolant, i go through about half a tank of coolant in a moderate race, at the GNCC i almost ran dry in the reservoir.

jake

You also ride a polaris.

No bike should "lose" or "burn" coolant if the cooling system is working properly.

823 for life!

Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.
floydamus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2008, 07:49:49 AM »

yea im going to take it to them. im really nto worried with the warranty but there is one  on ti now and  thsi shouldn't be happening in 6 months after purchase. but ill take  with the wife and see what she wants to do as far as warranty

05 kfx 400
TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

**** Frank **** **FF&J Racing**

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2008, 09:24:28 AM »

If you take it to the dealer make sure you take off all the racing numbers. My friend was denied warranty because they said he raced. The funny thing is he has #s on his quad but he doesn't race. He has a Honda and they suck as far as warranty goes. I heard that Yamaha was a lot more forgiving with their warranty. Good Luck!

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.
predatorracer8

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2008, 09:28:06 AM »

jake

You also ride a polaris.

No bike should "lose" or "burn" coolant if the cooling system is working properly.

sure watever you say
floydamus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2008, 10:14:16 AM »

no numbers on the bike. just the head peice

05 kfx 400
floydamus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2008, 02:03:21 PM »

they said  this shouldn't  be anythign to worry about that put it on the pressure test for 25 minutes at almost in the red  with there pressure test  so it shoudl eb all good and they didn't see anything in the old oil that sckeered them so on and so forth. so ill be racing this weekend  and if  it goes boom  i guess it will get a nce new stroker  motor in a few years lol

05 kfx 400
svtbolt04
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2008, 03:11:44 PM »

Thats good news then.

Change the oil and the filter, ride for an hour or so, then be ready to change it again to see if it has cleared up.

Since its a new bike, I'm willing to bet there were a few air bubbles in the radiator. It really isnt a problem, they just rush things together when they prep a bike. Mine did the same thing, but I just added to it a few times until I switched the coolant out for Engine Ice, and made sure I had no air bubbles.

Good luck.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 03:15:56 PM by svtbolt04 » Logged

823 for life!

Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.
floydamus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2008, 08:28:26 PM »

yea it want be getting a oil change till after this weekend synthetic and  a good filter aitn cheap and thats what i did this time lol

05 kfx 400
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com