Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1st Race of the 2008 Season March 29 Jasper, Fl. (Money Class ??)  (Read 12347 times)
HillKiller
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« on: March 07, 2008, 03:31:01 PM »

1ST Points Race of the 2008  Series MARCH 29 7PM
 *remember this is the first race of the points series but there are no membership fees

Cross Roads Motorplex Jasper*, Fl.    http://crossroadsmotorplex.com
-1/4 Mile tacky red clay oval with minimal banking.
-No Rear Knobby tires allowed except in Peewee.

Classes:
Motorcycle  (2 wheelers) Vintage and Production

Trikes Open (3 wheelers)

Open Experienced Quad (no CC limit, any age, flat track experienced)

Open Quad (no CC limit, any age)

Ladies Quad A : Under 25 years (no CC limit)
Ladies Quad B : 25 years and Over (no CC limit)

Youth Quad (11-17) (400 CC's or less, no Banshee or 250R)

Vets Quad   30-40 years

Senior Quad:  41 and up

Please refer to www.southernflattrackleague.com for racing rules and safety requirements.

Link to pictures of track   http://www.ranlayracing.com/999crossroadsdirt.htm

WADE MURPHY
TRACK  386-938-1228
HOME    386-938-3481

DIRECTIONS TO TRACK:
EXIT 460 OFF I 75 GO WEST ON STATE RD 6 FOR 4 1/2 MILES.

THE TRACK IS ON THE LEFT

GATES OPEN AT 11am
REGISTRATION  4pm-5pm
PRACTICE AT 5-6pm
DRIVERS MEETING AT 6:30pm
RACING AT 7PM

CAMPERS ARE ALLOWED TO STAY OVERNIGHT FRIDAY AND SATURDAY BUT NO HOOKUPS however, there are free indoor showers.

Days Inn Jasper
(386) 792-1987
8182 State Road 6 W
www.daysinn.com

*Please note: The track is at the Jasper exit but is located in Crossroads, Fl. 4 1/2 miles west of I-75.

Next Race: Auburndale, Fl.  April 19, 2008   12pm Noon!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 11:38:59 PM by HillKiller » Logged

www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines

Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here
HillKiller
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 09:46:45 PM »

If there is interest we will create a money class for you guys or add money to an existing class. We can all decide as a group at the Driver's Meeting.

WareRacing Engines

5 gal pails 110,112,116
HillKiller
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 09:31:43 PM »

Just a reminder...this is the first points race of the 2008 series but there are no membership dues anymore. Points will be recorded for every rider.

WareRacing Engines

5 gal pails 110,112,116
HillKiller
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2008, 11:40:35 PM »

The 2nd race of the series will be in Auburndale, Fl   April 19, 2008.  Green flag at 12pm noon!  I will post all the race info ASAP.

WareRacing Engines

5 gal pails 110,112,116
yfz122
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2008, 11:44:30 PM »

Thank you   Finally I get to race somewhere close to home!!!

Next thing you know they'll take my thoughts away
HillKiller
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2008, 11:54:58 PM »

Well Eastbay ought to work for you too...as soon as I get a confirmed date anyway!

WareRacing Engines

5 gal pails 110,112,116
yfz122
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2008, 12:04:39 AM »

Well Eastbay ought to work for you too...as soon as I get a confirmed date anyway!
I like Eastbay also. I had to miss the last one. Auburndale is a little closer and easier to get to.

Hoosier Daddy
Southern Flat Track League
Supreme Member

Team WareRacing Member #07

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2008, 09:01:18 PM »

What time does regrestration open/close for Jasper and Auburndale?  Undecided

BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"
HillKiller
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2008, 11:50:48 PM »

What time does regrestration open/close for Jasper and Auburndale?  Undecided

Registration for Jasper?....see first post above.
Registration for Auburndale...TBD....will post all details asap.

WareRacing Engines

5 gal pails 110,112,116
hotshoe

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2008, 01:58:52 PM »

Are you the guys who put on the last race at Eastbay Speedway in Tampa?
Hoosier Daddy
Southern Flat Track League
Supreme Member

Team WareRacing Member #07

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2008, 03:24:40 PM »

Yep! that would be us.

BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"
hotshoe

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2008, 04:56:41 PM »

i thought so. well let me be the first to thank you for putting ALL the motorcycles out on the track at the same time at that race. not only that, but then to line up the amateur riders in front of the expert riders on the start was really nice touch as well. a friend of mine and a really good expert class rider who was trying to avoid one of those squid amateur riders crashed and broke his leg bad enough where he can never ride again. any idiot knows those classes should NEVER be combined, much less slower guys in the front. why were they combined anyway? there were more than enough riders for two classes. the kicker was when the rider called one of your league officials (i think he said he spoke to the president? i don't remember) a few days later to ask about it he was told 'the track did it'. at least be honest enough to admit you made a mistake instead of trying to pass the buck

i've been around racing for a long time and have been to lots of races both good and bad. this stupidity takes the cake. i mean how would you like to never be able to ride again because the people running the race are idiots and don't know what there doing? i know that me and my group of riders will not be at this race or any of your other races. you guys couldn't run a race with an instruction manual and someone to read it to you 

i've been on here just reading for a long time but have never signed up or left any messages. i've watched you guys delete other peoples messages, argue with people like children, even threaten to beat someone up at a race. i'm sure you'll do one of the same to this message, but i really don't care.
atvrob

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2008, 05:58:13 PM »

just wondering hotshoe.how does braking a leg keep a person from riding flattrack again? its not like its moto cross.or is he just scared to get back on the horse?not trying to be a smartazz just really curious sense you brought it up....i broke 4 ribs last year because a squid spun in front of me in vet class and i hit him.i guess thats vet class,goes by age not skill so that might be a little different than what happened to your friend.but i still owe hundreds in medical bills,and you dont hear me blaming some guy  that was supplying me a cool place to race.sorry about your friend,but if he really loved it he would find a way to race again.i wonder who you blame for earnhardts death?i blame him,same dif.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2008, 06:01:08 PM by atvrob » Logged
Fast66071

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2008, 06:18:53 PM »

Rob, you are leaving out two important details from your crash.
You crashed racing riders in your own class, not a combined class with novice riders. I know because I was winning that race when it happened. 
And, it's well known that you consistently ride rough and over your head.

Also, you did complain about the track, something to do with money if I rember right, because you and I had a discussion on here or the other site about it.
atvrob

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2008, 06:38:47 PM »

here we go.... well rick i didnt complain about my wreck being the tracks fault for having too many riders in 1 heat.and yes i still think that amount of money was steep.but that is niether here nor there. and if you want to start up w/ me just let it be known you are starting it.also if you read you would see i said it was vets class.you just are trying to piss me off so i dont show up at the track,thats understandable sense i beat you in the last flattrack race when you spun cause i was all over you.i like tt much better but for some reason you dont run it.any way we could go back and forth forever.i'll do my talking on the track.hope to see you soon Grin    ps. i could have gone the rest of my life w/out  speaking w/you again ,so lets agree  to ignore each other off the track from now on.much appreciated ,thanks Robert.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2008, 06:46:53 PM by atvrob » Logged
Fast66071

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2008, 07:40:58 PM »

here we go.... well rick i didnt complain about my wreck being the tracks fault for having too many riders in 1 heat.and yes i still think that amount of money was steep.but that is niether here nor there. and if you want to start up w/ me just let it be known you are starting it.also if you read you would see i said it was vets class.you just are trying to piss me off so i dont show up at the track,thats understandable sense i beat you in the last flattrack race when you spun cause i was all over you.i like tt much better but for some reason you dont run it.any way we could go back and forth forever.i'll do my talking on the track.hope to see you soon Grin    ps. i could have gone the rest of my life w/out  speaking w/you again ,so lets agree  to ignore each other off the track from now on.much appreciated ,thanks Robert.

Let it be known to who? And why would I try to piss you off? Who cares if you're pissed off anyway? If I don't want you at a track that I'm affiliated with, then I'll tell you, and that will be that. We'll all be safer with you not racing anyway.
  I don't race at any of these events. I couldn't care at all where these races are or who does what, etc. I only responded in this section because you posted with some of your normal crap to a guy who obviously has some sort of beef with someone that doesn't involve you. It's the same type crap you started about money with Brady, and with Paul about whatever at the Motoplex.
  Oh, and the Ocala Speedway has a nice saying for people who  complain about the cost of racing:
If you can't afford it, don't do it.

atvrob

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2008, 08:37:29 PM »

do you thank god for brady? you should Kiss
HillKiller
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2008, 09:40:57 AM »

i thought so. well let me be the first to thank you for putting ALL the motorcycles out on the track at the same time at that race. not only that, but then to line up the amateur riders in front of the expert riders on the start was really nice touch as well. a friend of mine and a really good expert class rider who was trying to avoid one of those squid amateur riders crashed and broke his leg bad enough where he can never ride again. any idiot knows those classes should NEVER be combined, much less slower guys in the front. why were they combined anyway? there were more than enough riders for two classes. the kicker was when the rider called one of your league officials (i think he said he spoke to the president? i don't remember) a few days later to ask about it he was told 'the track did it'. at least be honest enough to admit you made a mistake instead of trying to pass the buck

i've been around racing for a long time and have been to lots of races both good and bad. this stupidity takes the cake. i mean how would you like to never be able to ride again because the people running the race are idiots and don't know what there doing? i know that me and my group of riders will not be at this race or any of your other races. you guys couldn't run a race with an instruction manual and someone to read it to you 

i've been on here just reading for a long time but have never signed up or left any messages. i've watched you guys delete other peoples messages, argue with people like children, even threaten to beat someone up at a race. i'm sure you'll do one of the same to this message, but i really don't care.

Well you sure came out of left field. This race was over 3 months ago. What took you so long to get this off your chest? It's obvious that you weren't at the race that night otherwise you could answer your own questions. The reason why both classes were on the track at the same time is because they all came out together even though only the Amateur class was called out. Why did all the pro riders follow the amateurs out on the track? You will have to ask all the pro riders. There were two seperate classes that night and the amateurs were schedule out first which is why they were all lined up on the front row. Rain was coming so the track officials had to stay on schedule. I was told that the Eastbay lineup guy told some of the pro riders that they were not supposed to be on the track yet and they told him to just start the race.   
   I am guessing that your friend you are referring to is Mike, the one who just sold his bike. Mike did call me after Eastbay as he has done several other times  in the past, but I am not the president. It is interesting to me that you left out alot of other details about Mike. First of all Mike never crashed at Eastbay like you said. Actually Mike told me on the phone that when he put his foot down entering the corner he caught a rut and twisted his foot which caused all the fractures. He did say that he ran up on a slower rider but Eastbay is a huge place with plenty of lines to choose and nobody knows for certain that the rider he ran up on was actually in the amateur class. In addition to that he had recently recovered from injuries to the same leg due to a crash at Thunderbowl in the Pro class when a pro rider went down it front of him (You should have got on here and called Brady and his crew idiots (as you did us) when Mike got hurt that time that way you would have nowhere left to race.) In addition, Mike also told me on the phone after he crashed at Thunderbowl that his girlfriend was pushing him out of the sport. I enjoy talking with Mike and hearing his flat track stories. I am sorry to hear that he isn't racing anymore.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 09:44:25 AM by HillKiller » Logged

WareRacing Engines

5 gal pails 110,112,116
hotshoe

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2008, 09:56:41 AM »

i never said anything before because it appeared to me that you guys were going away for the most part so i figured you guys with all your drama and bs had kind of taken care of your self. i think your end of the year trophy ceremony turnout speaks for itself. but i guess with no other options people would rather race any race, crappy or not, than not to race at all. i don't see it that way, but i don't fault others for it. i guess i'm old and cynical. 
i wasn't surprised to receive several emails about the message i left. i know that i'm not alone in my opinions. i'm just the only one to say anything out loud i guess. at least you p.o. everyone equally. i got emails from 4 wheeler people, motorcycle people, even those little micro or quarter midget type car people. i won't mention there names because i don't want to make it hard on them if they come to your race. apparently if you voice an opinion different than yours you get on the bad list or even banned from your races. figures. it was also explained to me who is who and who is responsible for what with your club. very enlightening.
i figured i would get some long response with a lot of slick answers for everything and you didn't disappoint. it's nice because the track and the other riders i spoke to tell a different story but that's not really important anymore i guess. and your right, there was no crash at eastbay. i  guess when a guy breaks a leg in several places it's not really a crash and its just ok to you guys. he didn't actually hit the ground so its not really a crash. very funny logic you have there. and yes he did crash at ocala but it was in a pro class and he was crashed by another pro rider in a non combine pro class. i didn't slam or complain to that track because to me that was a racing deal. if i had a complaint with them i would definately speak up. the situation at your race was totally different and you know it. why are you trying to drag the guys from ocala into this anyway? i spoke to several of them on saturday and they had absolutely nothing to say about any of you guys.   
well i don't need to keep going on and on. i've expressed my opinion and made my point. after reading your messages in the past i know you guys will go on with the nasty replys and typing forever. good luck with your race. 
yfz122
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2008, 10:20:06 AM »

This is probably none of my business and I don't really care but, if you don't hit the ground how can it be a crash? Seems to me your friend is not physically strong enough to be on the track in the first place. Why is he not speaking for himself?   

2 wheeled flat tracker

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2008, 11:07:27 AM »

Gentlemen:

This post is completely out of control and is not doing anything positive for the sport of Flat Track racing in Florida.

My name is Shawn McNary and I am the self appointed representative for the Motorcycle group of Flat Track racers in both the Southern Flat Track League and Florida Dirt Track Association. Dave, Chris or Brady have never asked me to do this but I felt it would only help the Motorcyle portion of FLat Track racing grow and it has. My credentials for this position run very deep as I have 28yrs of racing experience and have been licensed as a Professional in both A.M.A. FLat track and Road Racing.

The race at East Bay in Dec was not an ideal situation for the Motorcycle guys as the preparation for the track was hampered by rain, the track needed more wheel packing to dry it and smooth the ruts but we ran out of time due to more rain on the way. The only fact of the story as previously posted is that Mike did indeed break his leg without crashing his motorcycle by catching it in a rut.

I personally sent an e-mail to Chris after the race and gave him feedback on a few things that could improve the flow of the program including not lining the Amateurs in front of the Experts for the main event, I also thanked Chris & Gina in that same e-mail for providing the race and all there efforts needed to successfully promote and put it on before the massive rains came. Chris acknowleged the mistake of line up and assured me it would not happen again.

Please do not make comments about Mikes ability's or strengths on riding a motorcyle, Mike does not even have e-mail so I am pretty sure he knows nothing about this post, Mike has had other previous severe injuries to the same leg he broke at East Bay and that is the main reason he will never race again, It is most certainly not because we raced with the Amateurs at East Bay in Dec.

Now for the most important part of this whole post:
Flat Track racing in Florida is a relatively small community I believe it would benefit all of us to start acting like it, we need to band together and promote the sport to make it stronger not bash each other to break it apart, please if you have any further concerns about future races involving the Motorcycle side of things please P.M. me or if your interested in discussing your concerns like Gentlemen I would be happy to send you my cell #.

Shawn McNary
Motorcyle #72
yfz122
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2008, 11:27:50 AM »

I can respect a post like that. I have never said anything negative about another racer on an open forum before. It just seems hotshoe wanted to stir something up. My apologies to SFTL for my post. This was only supposed to be about new races. No more negative posts from me, unless it's an open forum.

fastrnrik
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2008, 11:53:44 AM »

How about all of you stop mentioning my name and leave me and my people out of this drama crap. I've got better things to do with my time.

If anyone has anything to say about me or my staff, call me directly or shut up about it.

-Brady
stgsali
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2008, 03:24:44 PM »

I was trying to find info. on a new Thunderbowl. Any new info?

Photographs, Number-plate designs, Logos

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.
2 wheeled flat tracker

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2008, 03:30:32 PM »

Thunderbowl is closed but Brady is building a new track at the Ocala Speedway. Info is posted under the title of Florida Dirt Track Association.

http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,32147.0.html
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com