Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 300ft strap or cable?  (Read 2954 times)
IXIswamperIXI
Supreme Member

Rich men use dollars, Common folks use sense

View Profile

Ignore
« on: March 05, 2008, 03:46:29 PM »

Does anyone know where to get 300ft strap or cable?  I know it is going to be a lot of money BUT when you are stuck from 5pm to 4am I need more than my 200ft that I had hooked together.  To make a long story short if I would of had about 300ft more I could have been on hard ground and I wouldn't have been there all night. At its worst we had 5 four wheelers, my RZR, my buggy, friends buggy, jeep on 59's, military truck on tractor tires, stock jeep, my stock crew cab 4x4, and east coast buggy on rice and cane tires STUCK!!

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
backinsaddle

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008, 03:56:03 PM »

Maybe a rigging supply company? 
Anoriginal

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2008, 04:01:14 PM »

P&T Filter in Palmetto, Florida has what you need. I feel your pain. I've been there. Now, on my buggy I carry tons of extra cable and have a 750' spool of 3/8 cable with eyes on each end that I purchased from P&T Filter.
GrizzlyGator

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2008, 04:07:44 PM »

5/16" x 250' s.s. cable has a 1800 lb. working load limit $278.00 plus tax & shipping
IXIswamperIXI
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2008, 05:50:34 PM »

thanks guys I knew I wasn't the only one LOL I will look into it  Thumbs Up

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
foreman1

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2008, 07:03:24 PM »

That sounds like the stuck to end all stucks.
Where were you runnin , Glades grass or what ?
Sounds like you were in muck up to your ears .
Any pictures ?

NRA BENEFACTOR LIFE

WarRifles.com
Live Free or Die
"When there is no way out - Find a way further in."
Continental E-185
backinsaddle

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2008, 09:26:45 AM »

I was downtown ft laud yesterday in the marine district.  I passed a rigging place with the garage doors open.  spools and spools of rope (didn't look closely for cable).  If you in Naples, I'm sure there have to be rigging places somewhere in your marine district
IXIswamperIXI
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2008, 09:33:33 AM »

That sounds like the stuck to end all stucks.
Where were you runnin , Glades grass or what ?
Sounds like you were in muck up to your ears .
Any pictures ?

You know I wish I did have pics, I got stuck around 5pm then it started getting dark and the last thing on my mind was pics.  I do have some pictures of earlier in the day but I can't post them to many people with no helments.  I was in a flag pond off of 31 north of the lee civic center.

I was downtown ft laud yesterday in the marine district.  I passed a rigging place with the garage doors open.  spools and spools of rope (didn't look closely for cable).  If you in Naples, I'm sure there have to be rigging places somewhere in your marine district

I will look into that thanks! I called certified sling the other day but they havent called me back yet.

IXIswamperIXI
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2008, 12:11:24 PM »

Well certified called me back.  1.5" snatch with a breaking point of 75,000 (so he said) 100ft eye to eye would cost me $700 and a 300ft would cost me $1900 sooooooo needless to say that idea is out the door.

5/16" x 250' s.s. cable has a 1800 lb. working load limit $278.00 plus tax & shipping

where did you buy that?  I might try to get on a little bigger diameter.

Anoriginal

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2008, 12:25:51 PM »

Call a few well drillers in your area. They have to change out the cable on their drill rigs from time to time and usually just scrap the old cable. While it's no good to them except for scrap, it would work great for a snatch cable. I've got some in my barn that I keep around just in case.

I bet you could pick some up cheap. I sure did.
IXIswamperIXI
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2008, 01:03:37 PM »

Call a few well drillers in your area. They have to change out the cable on their drill rigs from time to time and usually just scrap the old cable. While it's no good to them except for scrap, it would work great for a snatch cable. I've got some in my barn that I keep around just in case.

I bet you could pick some up cheap. I sure did.

will do thanks!

94Hardbody4x4
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2008, 01:12:35 PM »

Try a crane yard. I have a few 20ft crane straps that I have used to pull many trucks out with. Very strong and lightweight. Mine actually was ripped where the loops are so I put about a1/2 roll of duct tape on it and it has held up for about 6 months now with now issues.

Parting out 2005 Honda Foreman....ASK ME!
JackL
Supreme Member

A enemy generally says and believes what he wishes

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2008, 04:19:46 PM »

You need to visit the local shipyard/marina and find some of that extra long mooring line for large ships.

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com