Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ATV Group/Club *EveryOne Read  (Read 10917 times)
EigerGuy

View Profile

Ignore
« on: February 19, 2008, 10:11:13 PM »

I'm curious how many of you belong to an ATV club, or know of any ATV clubs in south florida or online. Im asking because this whole holeylands thing(and everywhere else being closed) really bothers me, if we can come up as a club(people who will actually pay yearly fees and not just say they will) with a perposal there has to be a way we can ride holeylands. There has to be something we can offer to the state to let us ride. ie, a bond so that if we break contract they keep the money, we would have to do monthly clean ups, and what not. Guys please no neg. responses

02-05 Eiger Lift Kits Availabe PMME, i also think they will fit the 06 and 07

05 Eiger
06 Raptor 700R

MustRead
http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,31593.msg374254.html#msg374254
EigerGuy

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 03:40:29 PM »

almost 60 readers and no responses?!?!?!?!

05 Eiger
06 Raptor 700R

MustRead
jrpro130
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 03:56:45 PM »

I'm not in anything.  I just ride.  But I'd be more than willing to be in something.

I'll have lots of firefighter support too...I know about 10 guys off the top of my head that I know personally that are pissed that HL is closing.  One of them is camp 21 owner, (it might be 22) he works for Coral Springs Fire Rescue.

08 Brute 750
Snorkel/Radiator Relocated, 29.5's, Muzzy, PCIII, UNI, and a few other custom mods
leeward bound

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2008, 04:26:59 PM »

All:

There are two main negatives that caused the H-lands to be taken back.  One and this one will be hard to appeal  The environment  Most of us have ridden on trails these are or have some sort of boundary that keeps us on the trail.  We have seen areas get whooped up and then we (riders) take it upon ourselves to carve out another path to go around this.  This happends out in the H-lands but to a greater degree.  We see a flooded area of a lets call it a path.  Its flooded due to us (riders) digging deep ruts and then these get filled up with water.  What do we do?  Go around and create a new path that is drier then the next rider Well you all know what happens.  How do we police that?

Second  The Lawless non conscious riders.  I don't have to write anything here we have all seen it.  We have all reported on this foorum and the FWC has done their best to control it.  But the area is vast and understaffed and quite frankly they should not have to enforce the obvious

How do we do away with that Perhaps using the OHV guidelines and permits that are set up in the National Forrest and for that mater in pay to ride facilities.

These two problems must be resolved and we must present to the FWC a means to stop this.  Otherwise case closed.  Trust me my self and my associates are gong to try to put something forward that they will consider but it will take something very strong for them to consider.  And yes it will most likely invoke some strong criticism form those that have run on the its my right bandwagon.
FoxHondaRider
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2008, 04:38:04 PM »

There was supposed to be a state document or something that is supposed to make it so that no matter where you are in the state you shouldnt have to drive more than a hour or an hour and a half to ride.  They said they would be making riding areas off highways to keep people off the streets or riding in areas they shouldnt be.  But you know what... i havent seen any of that happening.

2004 Honda 400EX
If you can beat me i'll tell you whats done
~Demon_Boy250X~

#666 Demon_450R

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2008, 04:45:03 PM »

I am not involved in any clubs or anything but i would join one... my group alone is quite a few people to be in one.

And i wish what FoxHondaRider said would actually been done. That would be great.

#20 Damian "Demon" Fernandez

Honda 04 450R
Elka Dual Rate Front Shocks
Alba +2 +1 A-Arms
Durablue +4 Axle
Tag T2 Handle Bars
ITP Beadlocks
Holeshots
AC Racing Bumper
Graydon Proline Nerf Bars
Elka Shock Covers
Oneal Racing Grips

"Faster than I've ever been, slower than I want
EigerGuy

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2008, 10:18:00 PM »

There was supposed to be a state document or something that is supposed to make it so that no matter where you are in the state you shouldnt have to drive more than a hour or an hour and a half to ride.  They said they would be making riding areas off highways to keep people off the streets or riding in areas they shouldnt be.  But you know what... i havent seen any of that happening.

just curious where you heard that and if its on paper or something, it would be good for a group/club leader to persent that info at a meeting to open more land for us to ride

in a perposal the group/club or what ever could offer monthly clean ups so garbage wouldnt be an issue, if more spots are open to ride h-lands wouldnt be so crowded and all that traffic wouldnt be so bad meaning trails would be a f'ed up

05 Eiger
06 Raptor 700R

MustRead
ProEMTPFF

Professional Firefighter-Paramedic

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2008, 10:29:02 PM »

Well, we need a clean up at 5A before it too closes. I can tell you for a fact when it was just locals riding out there we kept it clean and got along with the hunters during hunting season. Since the internet came along and now 5A if full of non-locals the place looks horrable and its being ruined for the hunters. Find a place to ride in your own countys, ruin it there......don't ruin our place. However, feel free to come out there and help clean it up and take advantage our nice riding spot. I don't belong to a ATV club but the Jeep club I belong to goes out to 5A and Canaveral Groves each once a year for a clean up. Its NOT the locals in either place that are making the mess its the "out of towners". Take care of where you ride and you'll have much fewer problems.

2007 Yamaha Rhino   27" Maxxis Mudzillas on STI Black Wheels

http://www.4x4country.net
cyberpilot10

we are all going to die, don't be afraid to live

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2008, 12:52:18 AM »

I have a key anytime you want to ride call me

Cyberpilot10
mudnuri
Supreme Member

06 YFZ

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2008, 12:12:18 PM »

I belong to South East Florida Trail Riders.
However, it is more focused on hosting a race or two per year.
They expressed no iterest in getting involved in anything else. If I wanted to, fine, they would support me.
I wanted to and now I am. The whole reason I joined FTR was because of the relations already established with the state. There is a lot of opportunity for off-roading, but no one takes initiative to do anything anymore. It seems all wait for someone else to do it for them. They will talk to each other about what is wrong and what should be done about it, but do nothing at all. This is a big problem, too.
The things leeward says are right on the money. Speaking of money, this is what it would take to police it the way it needst to be. THAT IS NOT HAPPENING.
So, innovation and the ability to overcome a problem becomes the problem. Who do we look to to help out.
Well, maybe already established clubs could work with the state on a volunteer basis to monitor, control, and clean-up riding areas. There are clubs now or could be formed, that overlap each other and three clubs could "maintain" each park. So each club would be responsible for three parks, along with the other clubs.
When I went to the last state meeting the other week, on behalf of the public there was scooterB, Jack Terrell, some other guy, and myself. Thats it. So it's going to be a slow process. I didn't think the state was doing anything, but they are. It is slow and tedious to work out the bugs, but they are looking to you, the public for advice, help, and aren't getting it like you'd think they would. I posted it before, if you have a piece of land that you know the owner, and they want to do something, get a hold of John Waldron of the DOF  waldroj@doacs.state.fl.us  and he himself will come out and check it out and make the decision.
Form an OHV ADVISORY committee and set up a meeting with your county commissioner. Make it a family affair and not a group of Hell Yeahs! and things can happen.
Doing nothing gets the same returns.

Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i
Islandbreeze07

Miami Crepes (owner) and AmeriPlan IBO

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2008, 12:39:19 PM »

Hi-I'm in the NPORA, and I hear this a lot. However, if Motoplex can happen, then let there be few more "Motoplexes" be spread around the state and done up right. The clubs could do a petition drive and raise the funds to buy some property and own the land outright and police the land itself. There's a few riding areas like L-Cross but then again, I do not know everything....just a thought here. Smiley

Now....I've never been to the MotoPlex but I definitely plan on going there someday. The timing is bad for us, but someday! I keep hearing good things about it. I'd follow the scent and ride happy!

http://mybenefitsplus.com/KGraber
http://iboplus.com/KGraber

Life is like a farm, you gotta get up early to do the chores
Ceejkay

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2008, 07:38:39 PM »

Im in if you need any help....i try to ride every weekend.

From experience if the goverment says they are going to do someting either A. wont happen for a few years or B. its already happened.

But on the other note if you guys have ever seen holy lands from the sky you would know why they are shutting it down. between the trash and the increasing paths (so to speak) it looks like Billy-Bobs palace.sorry if anyones name is billy-bob, but hopefully you know what im talking about.

EigerGuy

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2008, 09:28:54 PM »

i can understand what people are saying about the trails but, when people have been riding out there day in and day out yes the trails will look like hell. what about during the rainy season or hunting season when very very little people ride out there, alot of trees and other things grow back and im sure it doesnt look to bad

05 Eiger
06 Raptor 700R

MustRead
bocephus300

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2008, 12:00:24 AM »

so lets just make a new riding group. now lets not jump down my throat im just a college boy. but if we did come up with a group, and make it work so that the fees would go to help the cause. im not dropping blame but fwc does not do a good job of governing the lands. half the time i talk to the officers they are drunk or screwed up. i cant even begin to tell how many times i seen them roll out of their trucks. most the time they just screw with the wrong people. the system needs change. i also completely agree that the two main problems are the worn out trails and the lawless riders. so how could we try to fix, the keyword bieng try i understand fwc's standpoint that they "tried" and its to the point of shutting down is cheaper/easyer than to keep trying. obviously talking it out does not help so we must show them that we can change. ill have more to say later.    also i ride with a whole lot of people and everyone agrees on the problems, and are willing to pay for membership or like a riding permit. we wolud pay 500/yr. easly with no questions asked. im sure almost everyone on this site and out there would be willing to do the same. those funds could be used toward upkeep of the area or to pay real patrols to patrol the area.      

2006 outlander 800
27 laws
2006 forman 500
26 laws
leeward bound

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2008, 08:06:22 AM »

All

Well there has been some very well thought out replies.  And I am sure many more conscious readers that are riders that have read this.

Myself and my associates will move forward to organize a meeting  The first meeting of the ATV Coalition of South Florida. Most likely withing 30 days  We will work within the system to provide,keep and maintain areas that we can ride. 

As they say watch this space.
bocephus300

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2008, 11:59:10 AM »

now lets make this meeting down south so more can attend.

2006 outlander 800
27 laws
2006 forman 500
26 laws
Chuck_Norris

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2008, 10:20:22 PM »

The Florida atv association was developed to fight for our riding areas as discribed in the above post. President founder of the Motoplex Paul_S... As in many clubs, groups and organizations 10% of the people do 90% or the work. When something doesnt go well or to the liking of a few members that Hardworking 10% is often crucified. Efforts included ..Phoning,E-mailing,Faxing and Snail Mailing  our political leaders for answers,A successful radio program, The First ATV Rally, Media presentations. There is no doubt efforts are being made however without the backing and strength of many to fight the good fight things like the restriction in  Ocala forest Happen and the simplist of documents like the Mark T. Schmidt are ignored. http://npora.org/tmark.asp...   
If a group,club or organization is what you wnat than support the one that is already in place....Hats of to the hard Working 10%. It is everyone responsiblility to preserve our riding areas. If you don't care you can bet the politicians don't either
EigerGuy

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2008, 10:06:46 PM »

myself and the 5-7 people i ride with, will be more happy to pay a yearly fee, and participate in a monthly or bimonthly clean u. ill be sending leeward an Email to find out more about the meetings and other info

05 Eiger
06 Raptor 700R

MustRead
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com