Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The U.S. Forest Service wants to close 60%-80% of trails open to off roading  (Read 1835 times)
DOITHARD

View Profile

Ignore
« on: February 17, 2008, 01:59:05 PM »

I'm a memeber of RV.net and this is one of the topics on the agenda today...help out if you agree.
Thanks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The U.S. Forest Service wants to close 60%-80% of trails open to off roading. Here is a link to a petition you can sign if you want your voice to be heard. They need 50,000 names. Pass it along...

https://host593.ipowerweb.com/~access-a/backcountry_petition/

* This post was edited 02/17/08 12:52pm by LittleBill *

Gale Hawkins

Murray, KY

View Profile

Posted: 02/17/08 12:51pm  Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bill you can expect to see that number to approach 95%. There are places where this activity does little long term damage and that is mainly in places with Zero rain fall. EPA is after small engines as well.

LittleBill

Scranton , PA USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/17/08 12:54pm  Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator 

i know us pa atver are hated. we ride reclaimed coal land, which in my opinion is worthless to anything but atv's, but what do we know.

it will be over in 10 years at least around this area, just do your best i guess

Gale Hawkins

Murray, KY

View Profile

Posted: 02/17/08 01:05pm  Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator 

We live in a rural area and I have seen packs of 6-8 cut across our place and make a mess trying to get away from the law. 35 years ago when I had a dirt bike I road on the road but I did not do damage to other people lands but I did make some noise but the 90cc Honda's did that.

We live just west of the Land Between the Lakes and I think due to damage cost they have really restricted ATV activities. You Tube shows the kind of things people do with ATV's that gets many features ruffed.

The Texan

View Profile

Posted: 02/17/08 01:17pm  Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator 

We ride also and all I will say is, until the ORV group learns to police themselves, I will support any legislation that will stop the damage they are doing in areas where they are not supposed to be in the 1st place. I stood in a parking lot and watched several ATVs ride around a "no motor vehicles beyond this point" sign, up a hill and then back, repeatedly. When they finally stopped long enough for someone to say something to them, they were very abusive and were going to whip everybody's ass, as they could do what they wanted. They said, they paid taxes, this was public land and no one was going to tell them they couldn't ride where they wanted. I have seen this same mentality more than once and until everyone steps up and puts a stop to these people(the 10%), all of us are going to pay the penalty.

Bob & Betsy - USN Ret'd '78 & FL LEO Ret'd '03
FMCA #F203528
'05 HR Endeavor, 40PRQ w/400 Cummins - With -'05 GMC Sierra LT, CC Z-71, the pusher
'99 F-350 PSD-&-'56 Plymouth Belvedere 2 Dr V-8
Our Current Location

Mars
Supreme Member

When I feel athletic, I go to a sports bar.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 09:58:26 PM »

Done.

04 Z400
99 Foreman 450s, AKA The Pig.
Chuck_Norris

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 10:09:27 PM »

This is no suprise....that is why we need to support the efforts put forth by Paul S and Dreth with the place like the Motoplex....Soon to be one near you and you and you and even you   Wink
DOITHARD

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2008, 08:44:05 PM »

It's a shame the manufacturers and dealers are backing the effort with all the money they are making from us.  What I really don't understand is the Florida psychic when it comes to using public land?  Look at any western state and it's a different mentality.  Ocala has a billion acres...why can we have sufficient riding areas? We are close to JW Corbitt and it's the same thing...I guess, we have only ourselves to blame for our carelessness and stupidity.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com