Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: REACHING OUT FOR NEEDED HELP..  (Read 4719 times)
bigwake

View Profile

Ignore
« on: February 15, 2008, 08:18:58 PM »

i've tried every shop in town and so i'll try asking here.. here's my story..

ok so i found a sweet deal on a sportbike..it didnt hav the title so i knew i had to do some vin searching first..i did and it checked on the fdle site with no records of stolen reports so i called a sheriff's office and had them run all 50 states for me and they came up with no hits and gave me the green light..i bought the bike with hopes of gaining the title somehow..(it was a project) so after checking i found my only option was a court order(which now is turning into a huge nightmare that will cost a third of the bike's price) a storage lien(not doing that because its a lie) and finally a mechanic's lien (which didnt work because the lien holder on the title is out of state but doesnt live in the adress anymore and is nowhere to be found)..anyone have any other options? if not i'm selling for stunt/street/track on craigslist..thanx
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 08:30:22 PM by bigwake » Logged
ebtrx450r
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 08:38:52 PM »

try for an abandoned title. Not sure how it's done in Florida but I have done it in Ohio once. Good luck!
bigwake

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 08:46:23 PM »

i forgot to mention i learned about that too and i need to wait either 2 or 4 yrs..i forgot..but thanx
predatorracer8

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2008, 08:48:52 PM »

shoot start racing it

jake
bigwake

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2008, 09:04:26 PM »

for real! i would like that a lot! ..but then i have to hual it all the way to the nearest track which i don't even know which ones open on weekends and i don't have that kinda money..haha..im still in high school
Slick89

Chevrolet all the way!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2008, 02:29:33 AM »

I know that on off-road vehicles anything older than a 2002 all you need is a bill of sale. Dont know if that would work for that or not.. Maybe try in another state?? idk bout that either.. its worth a try tho. good luck with it tho

2005 Honda Rubicon 500 4x4 with 27in Mud Bugs
Snorkeled 1987 Honda Fourtrax 250 2x4

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=13404593
bigwake

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2008, 10:02:54 AM »

thanx
predatorracer8

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2008, 10:33:25 AM »

for real! i would like that a lot! ..but then i have to hual it all the way to the nearest track which i don't even know which ones open on weekends and i don't have that kinda money..haha..im still in high school

im in high school to, i just got a job about ayear ago and use that for my racing money.
offroadjunkee

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2008, 08:44:01 PM »

you can check the "clearing houses". There's one in Mass and one in Vegas. The way it works is that you sell them the bike on a bill of sale, and they title it in their state and then sign back over to you with the title clear.

My cousin does it in New York and I know someone who has done it down here. It costs around $400.00.

Just a thought.
bigwake

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2008, 09:47:09 PM »

thanx i actually almost have it..i had to get a court order thru the court
mrbones
Administrator
Supreme Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2008, 10:30:48 PM »

Wow, that sounds pretty ugly. Can you give details?

Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon
lugnuts
Supreme Member

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2008, 11:42:09 PM »

its easy to get the abandoned title I did it last year on a sea doo that was given to me with no title had to show that I stored it for 36 days noticed last known owner by certified letter and had to pay around 200.00 at the tax collectors office for my new clear title in my name its a clear title not a rebuilt title

steve

2004 raptor 660r 
2006 lt80 daughter's
2006 kfx80 son's
2006 ltz 400
My son Tyler #191 on his 2006 drr 70
2010 sponsor's Modded Motorsports,East cost performance,sky power sports,lost creek cycles,vp gas,V&M racing,NBS performance,falicon,the nales family tom lisa and tc
www.moddedmotorsports.com
bigwake

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2008, 11:42:45 AM »

ya we were looking at that one as well..we tried the mechanics lien and didn't work..so now we did this..which is going slow but smoothly
eldiablo64
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2008, 10:12:02 PM »

part it out and put it on ebay you would probably make enough to buy a new bike it would just take a little while

TAKE IT OUT AND PLAY WITH IT     AT THE  FLORIDAMOTOPLEX.com
Chevy1500z71
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2008, 10:36:42 PM »

why in the world does it mater that you have a title? yo can still do whatever you want with the bike, cant you? i mean i have a golf cart that i found in a ditch with a sled moter in it and i woudldnt know were to even start with getin a title on that thing and i ride it all around the streets and everything...
bigwake

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2008, 11:06:38 PM »

why in the world does it mater that you have a title? yo can still do whatever you want with the bike, cant you? i mean i have a golf cart that i found in a ditch with a sled moter in it and i woudldnt know were to even start with getin a title on that thing and i ride it all around the streets and everything...
umm....thats a really really really stupid question...i won't even answer why i would want to get a title for a damn street bike...NOT even going to answer..
sflarider

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2008, 12:18:56 AM »

bigwake, lol it must be a bad week for you. Let me ask you, is the bike on question here, the one you are asking about on the other topic? If so, then it shouldnt be hard to get an abandoned title. Are you in N Miami?
bigwake

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2008, 12:22:29 AM »

haha, i asked this question over a month ago and someone opened it up again..i was learning about the abandoned title and they said i had to wait like 2 yrs or something and i didnt want to lie on the storage lein because for the extra $100 i'm paying the court, its the true and right way to go about getting my paper work..i'm almost there
sflarider

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2008, 12:23:56 AM »

Awesome. Im glad you are getting through the red tape. If it works out, you got to get some pics posted of your bike. Ive always had a fondness for the GSX, but just couldnt bring myself to stray from Honda.
bigwake

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2008, 12:25:04 AM »

ya i'll post em now on the pic forum
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com