Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Q's about race gas  (Read 7463 times)
predatorracer8

« on: February 12, 2008, 08:22:55 PM »

ive never used race gas before but i wanted to try it out i have a pred 500, and was thinking about trying the vp mrxo1 gas. anybody on here sell it or no anyplace i can get it i only want to try it so i will only need a 5 gallon pale.

thanks, jake
310R_Dude

When in doubt, GAS IT!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2008, 09:13:09 PM »

If you really want to "FEEL" some race gas get a hold of some Ultimate4.

The only downside is that you can't leave it in the quad after you ride.
You must drain it out and put regular gas back in and run it through.

Anyone else know something for him... chime in!

Also I found this on TT:

"Use the Ultimate 4 It is by far the best 4 stroke fuel on the planet. the reason MRX01 won the nationals is because it is illegal to use Ultimate 4,believe me if they could of put U4 in those CRF's they would of. The big 4 strokes don't need high octane race fuel as much as they need the added oxygen in the U4"

Hope this helps,
Dan

Never let fear, uncertainty OR doubt hold you back from doing what you KNOW you can do.
Chillinthemost
Supreme Member

Git it rag

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2008, 09:30:35 PM »

The U4 smells really good and is a good way to get rid of $65. I tried it when I was sand dragging and didnt notice a worthwhile difference.
 I love your enthusiasm but the best thing to do with that race gas money is to put it in your truck and go somewhere and practice. That is what wins races.

YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12
predatorracer8

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2008, 09:31:23 PM »

If you really want to "FEEL" some race gas get a hold of some Ultimate4.

The only downside is that you can't leave it in the quad after you ride.
You must drain it out and put regular gas back in and run it through.

Anyone else know something for him... chime in!

Also I found this on TT:

"Use the Ultimate 4 It is by far the best 4 stroke fuel on the planet. the reason MRX01 won the nationals is because it is illegal to use Ultimate 4,believe me if they could of put U4 in those CRF's they would of. The big 4 strokes don't need high octane race fuel as much as they need the added oxygen in the U4"

Hope this helps,
Dan

thanks, my only concern is my motor is tock and i dont want to overload it with high octane stuff i need middle of the line something a stock engine could handle
predatorracer8

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2008, 09:32:57 PM »

The U4 smells really good and is a good way to get rid of $65. I tried it when I was sand dragging and didnt notice a worthwhile difference.
 I love your enthusiasm but the best thing to do with that race gas money is to put it in your truck and go somewhere and practice. That is what wins races.

truck? in my dreams im on other peoples schedule when it comes to practice.lol its sad

jake
Chevy1500z71
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2008, 09:37:01 PM »

you guys need to understand compression and timing before you fully understand what octane you need and why. if you run higher octane than needed for your application you should see NO DIFERENCE, except a cleaner moter/fuel filter ect. unless u have high compression, advanced timing or forced induction you don't need a 60$ jug of race gas, just trust me on that one if you don't understand, its a waist of money.

i put 87 in my atv and 93 in my truck because its gota blower. a stock atv should run fine on the cheepest gas around however 93 is always better just because its a more refined cleaner gas and generally everything  Will last longer on it but performance shouldn't be affected, if its not knocking don't up he octane, unnecessary
« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 09:43:45 PM by kawasaki400racer » Logged
LT-R450ApK
Supreme Member

Dont Become the Pink Panther

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2008, 09:39:27 PM »

Im with Chillin  on this 1!!
I only noticed a difference on the Dyno,I dont Care for the Oxy Fuels
Personally c-12 is what i run in everything.But then again i own nothing stock compression
« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 09:41:31 PM by LT-R450ApK » Logged

Zuk 4Fiddy Lots O Stuff
Faster to list whats stock
310R_Dude

When in doubt, GAS IT!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2008, 09:40:02 PM »

Well, so far you are the first I have heard that said they didn't notice a difference with U4.
Not that you are wrong, just what I personally have heard from friends and one motor builder.

In the end, everyone makes up their own mind. I do Smiley

Never let fear, uncertainty OR doubt hold you back from doing what you KNOW you can do.
310R_Dude

When in doubt, GAS IT!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2008, 09:41:23 PM »

you guys need to understand compression and timing before you fully understand what octane you need and why. if you run higher octane than needed for your application you should see NO DIFERENCE, except a cleaner moter/fuel filter ect. unless u have high compression, advanced timing or forced induction you don't need a 60$ jug of race gas, just trust me on that one if you don't understand, its a waist of money.

U4 isn't just about octane(actually it's usually lower than regular race gas). It's oxygenated fuel.

predatorracer8

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2008, 09:44:47 PM »

gas is the most confusing dang thing lol, some p[eople say ya some say no lol. i might try it if i come across some.

jake
Chevy1500z71
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2008, 09:46:58 PM »

gas is the most confusing dang thing lol, some p[eople say ya some say no lol. i might try it if i come across some.

jake

well in my opinion its a plain waiste of money but i will say this, i dont know nothin bout oxegenated gas, i only know octane and i could care less about fancy gas as long as its the octane i need so it dont knok im hapy
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2008, 09:51:43 PM »

I use 110 leaded in my 400EX, but it's had a little bit of work done to it, and my quads usually sit for long periods of time.

I like the 110 because I have let it sit for 6 months at a time before and it doesn't gum up the carb.

I also can turn the key on and hit the start button,,,,,within 2-3 turns of the engine, it fires every time.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
310R_Dude

When in doubt, GAS IT!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2008, 09:57:24 PM »

I found a lot of info at various sites here:

http://www.google.com/search?num=20&hl=en&newwindow=1&safe=off&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&hs=fKS&q=oxygenated+race+fuel&btnG=Search

It like weird "voodoo" on some sites! LOL

I only have 12.75:1 compression. I don't run full race gas. I mix it with premium.

Chevy1500z71
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2008, 10:00:59 PM »

leaded is were its at, to badit cloges o02 sensors on trucks or id try it out
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2008, 10:06:44 PM »

I almost sharted myself when I told my tree-hugging boss about the stuff and I told him it was completely synthetic,,,,,no oil products, and he actually said, "I wonder how it would do in my Prius?"

I almost handed him the bottle, it would have been worth the money to watch that  Evil

Id@

Id@ M@nn

'00 Honda TRX90
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
predatorracer8

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2008, 10:22:49 PM »

I found a lot of info at various sites here:

http://www.google.com/search?num=20&hl=en&newwindow=1&safe=off&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&hs=fKS&q=oxygenated+race+fuel&btnG=Search

It like weird "voodoo" on some sites! LOL

I only have 12.75:1 compression. I don't run full race gas. I mix it with premium.

thats funny how they say that 87 makes more power than the premium, ive argued with my friend that it makes no difference and he always insistee it did.lol
im thinking about getting the ultimate 4 and doing a 50/50 or 3:1 ration 3 being pump gas.

thanks for the links

jake
Chillinthemost
Supreme Member

Git it rag

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2008, 10:27:07 PM »

In my opinion diluting the U4 would negate any benefit that it might give you. If have to run race gas and want to mix with pump then C12 would be a better choice to mix with.

YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12
310R_Dude

When in doubt, GAS IT!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2008, 10:49:42 PM »

Nah' Chillin', I don't dilute U4.

I only suggested U4 to begin with because everyone says
you can get a power boost without having done anything
else to the motor.

Seemed like the best "race gas" advice for someone with a
stock motor.

Alright, I'm done... no more advice!!! Hehe

predatorracer8

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2008, 11:08:54 PM »

In my opinion diluting the U4 would negate any benefit that it might give you. If have to run race gas and want to mix with pump then C12 would be a better choice to mix with.

im just gonna put f16 fighter jetfuel in it and see wat happens lol
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2008, 08:17:13 AM »

you should take off in the air like Peter Griffin ;-)

Id@

Id@ M@nn

'00 Honda TRX90
fastrnrik
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2008, 01:01:41 PM »

That won't help. Jets run on high grade kerosene.

Save your money on race gas. It doesn't do anything for a stock motor.
predatorracer8

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2008, 01:46:24 PM »

im not going to purchase any thanks everybody.
TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

**** Frank **** **FF&J Racing**

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2008, 02:34:20 PM »

Unless you are running high compression race fuel is a waste of money.

Regular premium pump gas is all you need.

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com