Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Warning GE Money Bank...  (Read 8926 times)
Thunderdually

View Profile

Ignore
« on: February 11, 2008, 08:12:04 PM »

If you have credit with GE Money Bank or are thinking of buying something and financing through GE Money Bank you will want to read about all the complaints against GE Money Bank. 

http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/ge-money-bank-c6496.html

You may not even know that you are financed through them. If you have financed any thing through Lowe's, Wal-Mart or have any dealings with pay pal you are dealing with GE Money Bank.

"Want what you have and you'll always have what you want"

Mine..      2006 Polaris  Sportsman Camo 450 4X4
              26 inch ITP Mudlites
               Magellan 2000 GPS

Wife's ...  2006 Polaris Sportsman  Camo 450  4X4
AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 09:19:48 PM »

It's happened to me! That's just the tip of the iceberg. ALL of the credit card companies do that to tens of thousands of people per month. The general public just believes the credit card companies version of the story and simply wants to believe that most people who get into trouble are just overspending.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 09:24:34 PM by AintSkeered » Logged

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group
eldiablo64
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2008, 02:09:36 PM »

IF YOU HAVE PAYPALBUYER CREDIT YOU HAVE GE MONEY BANK     THEY SUCK I DIDN'T GET A STATEMENT FOR 2 MONTHS CALLED THEM THEY SAID THEY WOULD SEND THE IN E-MAIL OK.FOR THE NEXT 3 MONTHS NOTHING IN E MAIL OR SNAIL MAIL.THEY CALL ME THE OTHER DAY AND I LET THE GUY HAVE IT.HE SAYS I SHOULD STILL PAY MY PAYMENT EVERY MONTH I SAY HOW THE HELL CAN I PAY IT WHEN I DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH IT IS OR WHEN ITS DUE.I TOLD HIM I THOUGHT GE MONEY BANK WAS A BIG SCAM AND A FEW OTHER NOT SO NICE THINGS.I GOT A STATEMENT TODAY ON THE MAIL.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 02:18:38 PM by eldiablo64 » Logged

TAKE IT OUT AND PLAY WITH IT     AT THE  FLORIDAMOTOPLEX.com
Bleedsblue

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2008, 02:50:55 PM »

They are the ones that financed my Rhino and haven't had any problems. However I've dealt with bad companies so I can see that GE is another that likes to play games with the consumers. I'll be paying off that loan so I guess I better make sure the payment is sent certified to cover my butt.

Bill

2008 Ford F-250, 8" Fabtech Lift, 38" Kumho MTs
2007 Yamaha Rhino 660, 27" Mudbugs
Thunderdually

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2008, 08:14:01 PM »

Unfortunately I bought two ATV,s from RideNow and they financed me through GE Money bank. I was told it was an installment loan but when I get my first bill I find out that it was really through a credit card plan called funnancing. I got hit with a $385.00 interest fee for 1 month. I decided to get another loan and pay them off. So far I have made numerous calls to get them to give me a pay off and fax a copy of the title to the bank. Well what do you know a big company like GEMB doesn't have fax machines. I was told they did not have fax machines but she could mail the copies to me. I was told it could take up to 28 days before it was mailed out to me. Also she couldn't give me my pay off because it was between billing cycles.

I also told them I wanted to dispute a charge and was told that they would send me a fourm to fill out. (No I couldn't call it in nor could I write a letter) I had to wait for the forum fill it out and send it back in. Then I was told it would take up to 4 billing cycles for them to respond back to me.

I have never spent less then 35 minutes on hold before I could talk to some one. It is an automated system but if you keep hitting the operator button you will eventually get into a line up where you can talk to a person.

It is just a stall tactic to be able to charge me more interest. I have just spent a couple of hours reading other peoples complaints along the lines of my complaints.

All I can say is if you have any thing to do with GEMB get away from them as fast as you can and for gods sake don't use them to make a purchase

26 inch ITP Mudlites
               Magellan 2000 GPS

yfz122
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2008, 09:39:47 PM »

I recieved a letter from them yesterday saying that some personal info was misplaced. It also said I should keep an eye on my credit for the next two years. So because of the idiots running that mess I have to worry about somebody having my personal info.

Next thing you know they'll take my thoughts away
predatorracer8

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2008, 09:53:36 PM »

I recieved a letter from them yesterday saying that some personal info was misplaced. It also said I should keep an eye on my credit for the next two years. So because of the idiots running that mess I have to worry about somebody having my personal info.

just call your credit card company and tell them that they lost some of your pers. info and they will get you a new credit card with a different number. atleast they shopuld but now adays theres a forum and a wait for everything.

jake
Thunderdually

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2008, 10:35:09 PM »

Sorry to hear that you are involved with a company like GEMB.  With all the complaints against them and the way they treat people I don't understand how they can get away with what they are doing.

What makes it so bad is the fact that a lot of people don't even know that they are dealing with them. GEMB is behind credit cards for Lowe's,Home Depot, Wal-Mart, Rooms to Go, Honda cards, Polaris cards, to mention just a few. They also work with dentists, vets and doctors for doctor bills.

And GEMB isn't just doing business in the USA. They also are doing business in the European countries.

If you want to read about some of the under handed things they do go here. Just type GE Money Bank in the search field.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/default.asp

26 inch ITP Mudlites
               Magellan 2000 GPS

SWAMP_DONKEY

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2008, 11:15:08 PM »

Guys what used to be a simple CC contract has become "signer beware" CC companies are getting very shrewd....and your 7.99 APR's go to state max 29.9% when you are late the first time.  Sorry this happend to you, although it happens everyday to tons of folks...legally Angry
Thunderdually

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2008, 11:38:17 PM »

Guys what used to be a simple CC contract has become "signer beware" CC companies are getting very shrewd....and your 7.99 APR's go to state max 29.9% when you are late the first time.  Sorry this happend to you, although it happens everyday to tons of folks...legally Angry

Yes a lot of things that they do are legal. But just because they find a legal way to screw the public doesn't make it right. And in this day and age with all the electronic gadgets that are available there is no excuse for them to take 3 or 4 billing cycles to make an assessment of a problem and find a resolve for the problem. They sure as hell know how to electronically take the money out of a persons bank account with in 24 hours when you make a payment.

They use every trick in the book to hinder you . From saying they didn't receive a payment just so they can say it was late so they can charge you more interest.

In my case I haven't missed a payment. My complaint is that the are holding my title hostage so they can charge more interest. I mean sh*t give me a break even the illegal aliens in our country have fax machines. And just why should it take up to 28 days to mail me a copy of my titles? and why can't they give me my pay off balance on the day I ask for it.

26 inch ITP Mudlites
               Magellan 2000 GPS

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com