Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: outlaw 450mxr or ltr 450  (Read 13559 times)
out78

Ride it like you stole it

View Profile

Ignore
« on: February 03, 2008, 07:06:19 PM »

I am interested in buying either a polaris 450mxr or a ltr 450. which one is better?

2008 ltr-450
2007 polaris outlaw 525
2005 polaris predator 500
2000 honda xr 100
1999 yamaha blaster
Young Gun
Supreme Member

Murray Enterprises

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2008, 07:07:34 PM »

ltr > outlaw

2008 KFX450R
Full DASA Exhaust, FCI, Dynojet PC5, Hiper CF1 Beadlocks, ITP GNCC Holeshots, IMS Roll Bumper, ProArmor FAT Peg Nerfbars, Red Radiator hoses, Engine ICE Coolant, Spider Grips, Blingster Rear Grab Bar

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...
KD 428
Supreme Member

FTR #428

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2008, 07:08:57 PM »

ltr > outlaw

HONDA CRF450R
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2008, 10:17:40 PM »

ltr by far. im a honda guy though.
out78

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2008, 10:33:38 PM »

ok thanks guys. im thinking im goin to get the ltr. im just starting to race so i just want a fast and semi dependable bike

2008 ltr-450
2007 polaris outlaw 525
2000 honda xr 100
1999 yamaha blaster
Turboderf
Supreme Member

**HONDA** WARRANTY **SUCKS**

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2008, 07:49:05 AM »

go with a honda or yamaha
duroc825
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2008, 09:58:25 AM »

Woods racing= Honda, Yamaha, KTM
MX racing= LTR
ltr450qr

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2008, 02:01:37 PM »

You didn't crash w/o a helmet did you? Polaris and race in the same sentence is like saying government/health care! Going out to the track and finding 0 outlaws will give you an idea. Yes I ride an LTR for a reason, just like half of the adult class champions in the SSQSA and the Nationals. In stock trim, they don't do anything great but do everything better than the others. Take the extra money that you save on suspension and put it in a combo of motor/steering stabilizer/shock re-valves and your quad can't be beat.
John #68
predatorracer8

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2008, 02:09:39 PM »

You didn't crash w/o a helmet did you? Polaris and race in the same sentence is like saying government/health care! Going out to the track and finding 0 outlaws will give you an idea. Yes I ride an LTR for a reason, just like half of the adult class champions in the SSQSA and the Nationals. In stock trim, they don't do anything great but do everything better than the others. Take the extra money that you save on suspension and put it in a combo of motor/steering stabilizer/shock re-valves and your quad can't be beat.
John #68

well since your so well educated, outlaws, preds come with fox suspensions.

so with the extra roughly 2,000 you save with the all-mighty polaris you could go alot further. but then again he wants to do mx and ive always thought of polaris as xc but you never know. and the reason everybody in the "champions" class has one is everybody goes by monkey see monkey do. step outside the bun.lol
ltr450qr

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2008, 02:18:19 PM »

Like you said, he wants to race MX. "Monkey see monkey do"? Sure, I guess but if a Polaris could win MX races we would see them out there. They can't, so you won't. If you go to my friend's dealership where he sells Suzuki, Polaris, Arctic Cat and Yamaha, just to name a few, go behind the service department and see what's there. That'll prove the point way better than I ever could.
John #68
predatorracer8

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2008, 02:22:41 PM »

Like you said, he wants to race MX. "Monkey see monkey do"? Sure, I guess but if a Polaris could win MX races we would see them out there. They can't, so you won't. If you go to my friend's dealership where he sells Suzuki, Polaris, Arctic Cat and Yamaha, just to name a few, go behind the service department and see what's there. That'll prove the point way better than I ever could.John #68

are you trying to say that there are alot of polaris's getting serviced?

ltr450qr

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2008, 02:33:55 PM »

Well, "serviced" is like oil changes and stuff right? No, like just don't run, I mean getting fixed 'cause they're broken.
John #68
predatorracer8

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2008, 02:43:15 PM »

Well, "serviced" is like oil changes and stuff right? No, like just don't run, I mean getting fixed 'cause they're broken.
John #68

your right serviced is oil etc. well the reason there broken is because they get rode. there not for mx's pretty boys who like there stuff all nice and clean. Kiss

and before you get all excited over this i am joking with you.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 02:52:21 PM by predatorracer8 » Logged
ltr450qr

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2008, 02:53:03 PM »

Yes, I am a pretty boy Wink! Thank you! I suppose that Polaris of yours has never given you 1 problem like my Suzuki right? BTW, You can't ride a broken quad, so some don't get rode. Mine has never failed to finish a race, never not started and never quit. Neither has any of my other Suzukis or Yamahas or Hondas for that matter. All I can say for the others is look behind the dealerships of any multi-line dealer and that will tell the story.
John #68
predatorracer8

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2008, 02:56:39 PM »

Yes, I am a pretty boy Wink! Thank you! I suppose that Polaris of yours has never given you 1 problem like my Suzuki right? BTW, You can't ride a broken quad, so some don't get rode. Mine has never failed to finish a race, never not started and never quit. Neither has any of my other Suzukis or Yamahas or Hondas for that matter. All I can say for the others is look behind the dealerships of any multi-line dealer and that will tell the story.
John #68

lmao, every brand has there problems yamaha, suzuki, polaris and all the others. my does break sometimes but it is a xc race bike so it gets alot more abuse than mx quads.

hope i didnt heat you up too much i was j/k'in with you.

jake fort #8
ltr450qr

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2008, 03:17:50 PM »

Not heated Jake, Just trying to figure out how XC quads see more abuse than MX. Is it the mud? We race in mud about 25% of the races. Trees and rocks? Well, a biffed double and flat landings might be just a bit harder. Tranny abuse? Try being in the air 10% of a moto, everytime you hit it puts stress on the tranny. Doesn't really matter. Can Am has recruited probably the most talented set of racers on one team for the nationals this year, reliability will determine whether they see a championship or not. Polaris has gone all in in a different direction, they bought Wes Miller and the whole H-Bomb crew. "Monkey see monkey do"? Not in that arena. The Can Ams won't stay together and there are still people running from dealer to dealer giving any one of them a deposit that will take one. That's the diff in MX.
John W. Holliday #68
klutchbuster400
Supreme Member

Cuz the chicks dig it.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2008, 04:11:44 PM »

Sorry but I'll take anything over a polaris anyday. I've had such crappy experience with them.
At my girlfriend's house, their Uncle leaves his Polaris magnum there, and that crap has so many problems. The tires lock up for no reason, the engine starts when it wants to, it has NO power. I'm not sure how Polaris sport bikes are, but man that quad was a disgrace, and I believe they had it "serviced" for the new year.
predatorracer8

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2008, 07:25:48 PM »

Sorry but I'll take anything over a polaris anyday. I've had such crappy experience with them.
At my girlfriend's house, their Uncle leaves his Polaris magnum there, and that crap has so many problems. The tires lock up for no reason, the engine starts when it wants to, it has NO power. I'm not sure how Polaris sport bikes are, but man that quad was a disgrace, and I believe they had it "serviced" for the new year.

dude, whole nother story it was probably sitting in his yard for centuries not taken care of. i know i am one of the few who has a predator on this site if not then the only predator on this site. so its an argument im not gonna win.
predatorracer8

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2008, 07:29:27 PM »

Not heated Jake, Just trying to figure out how XC quads see more abuse than MX. Is it the mud? We race in mud about 25% of the races. Trees and rocks? Well, a biffed double and flat landings might be just a bit harder. Tranny abuse? Try being in the air 10% of a moto, everytime you hit it puts stress on the tranny. Doesn't really matter. Can Am has recruited probably the most talented set of racers on one team for the nationals this year, reliability will determine whether they see a championship or not. Polaris has gone all in in a different direction, they bought Wes Miller and the whole H-Bomb crew. "Monkey see monkey do"? Not in that arena. The Can Ams won't stay together and there are still people running from dealer to dealer giving any one of them a deposit that will take one. That's the diff in MX.
John W. Holliday #68

ok good, during a 2 hour race you usually hit several trees rocks mud, not to mention running a bike at race speeds for two hours going through all the gears not to mention blind corners with lots of rear endings(lol). im not looking down on mx we race and thats all that really matters, and the xc races uasally have mx sections in them and i can tell you you guys arent close in the abuse section.

jake
svtbolt04
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2008, 07:41:52 PM »

I've seen your quad in your videos.. It looks like you never ride it.. My Yamaha went 2 seasons of racing without any mechanical problems. Anything that happened to it was rider prep error or lack of. My quad isnt the prettiest thing out, but it could still pony up some more races.

Put a whole season on that Polaris and keep a tab on how much it cost you in repairs and parts. Won't be long before you come to the dark side (i.e yamaha/honda/KTM/suzuki)

The LT-R is a good quad either way. Just build it to how you want it.

823 for life!

Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.
predatorracer8

« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2008, 07:49:22 PM »

I've seen your quad in your videos.. It looks like you never ride it.. My Yamaha went 2 seasons of racing without any mechanical problems. Anything that happened to it was rider prep error or lack of. My quad isnt the prettiest thing out, but it could still pony up some more races.

Put a whole season on that Polaris and keep a tab on how much it cost you in repairs and parts. Won't be long before you come to the dark side (i.e yamaha/honda/KTM/suzuki)

The LT-R is a good quad either way. Just build it to how you want it.

just because i keep my quad in a shop and my plastics arent faded out doesnt mean i dont ride it come see me at the races and i will give you a tour, racing is the only thing i do i like to keep my stuff clean after you put alot of G's in a bike thats wat your suppose to do!
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 01:44:25 PM by predatorracer8 » Logged
ltr450qr

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2008, 08:26:10 PM »

You know, racing a Polaris and trying to defending that decision is a lot like being married to a Schitzo. Probably won't even realize until she pull a Lorena Bobbit on you and throws your junk out in the middle of the woods Shocked
out78

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2008, 08:46:32 PM »

haha this is a funny post..
But i think im leanin towards the ltr...because i have a stroked motor on a predator right now and it cant run 10 hours straight for anything. and i see alot of stroked ltrs lastin a full season so they seem more dependable.
What classes do you guys run?

2008 ltr-450
2007 polaris outlaw 525
2000 honda xr 100
1999 yamaha blaster
Mars
Supreme Member

When I feel athletic, I go to a sports bar.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2008, 08:47:09 PM »

Roll Eyes
Yawn as the IQ drops........

04 Z400
99 Foreman 450s, AKA The Pig.
ltr450qr

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2008, 08:58:11 PM »

haha this is a funny post..
But i think im leanin towards the ltr...because i have a stroked motor on a predator right now and it cant run 10 hours straight for anything. and i see alot of stroked ltrs lastin a full season so they seem more dependable.
What classes do you guys run?

It is funny Grin! Now I know how you came up w/ the other quad, you already had it! I run SSQSA Adult Stock class, MX only. My LTR is almost done w/ it's second season and I'm not planning on touching it for the 3rd. The Hondas and Yamahas are competitive too, just takes more money to get into one for MX specifically but the used market is full of all of them, already moded out. A lot of Pro's are getting rid of their quads and they can be had for about the same as a brand new quad but w/ 10-15k in mods.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com