Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SSQSA members  (Read 1917 times)
LostCause
Supreme Member

SSQSA is coming back!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: February 01, 2008, 11:43:09 PM »

Clapper Clapper Clapper

I want to take this time to let y'all in on some of my thoughts. 

First I want to wish all those that are down right now a speedy recovery.

When SSQSA was formed it was to give all quad racers a series that you could participate in that would just be quads.  We have started with MX.  One day we will add TT, Flat track, and Scrambles.
I for one was scared to death.  Starting someting that I knew nothing about.  I knew the racing side of the industry but the promotion part was all new to me.  With help from all of y'all it has gone pretty smooth.

The thing that I am impressed the most about is what a great group of people we have that run our series.  If there is ever anything that someone needs it is usually found. 

I want to address some of the injuries that we have had. 

I do not like seeing any of y'all get hurt.  All of you are like family. 

(This is more for the people that look at this and think that racing is too dangerous.)

When we started we averaged 80 riders our first series and 75 our second.  The number of injuries didn't seem to be as big as what we are seeing now.  Currently we are averaging 145 entries.  The percentage of injured riders is still about the same.  There is just more of us out there now where it seems like there are more injuries.  We do everything that we can think of to help keep you safe.  Some things just happen.  We don't like to see it but we know that the possibility is there.

I can not tell y'all how good I feel watching y'all ride.  For so long you always hear that in any series that you participate in there are sandbaggers.  I feel that we are not seeing any of that in our series.  I feel that any one of our riders can go off to the nationals and run the same class that they run in our series and be very competitive.  I would put any of y'all up against any rider from other series.  Any time that y'all get on the track you are giving it all you got.  From the 50's to the Pro-Am guys.

Y'all have made it a joy to be a part of this growing sport and the talent that we have in Florida.  We have 3 races left in this series.  Lets blow it up.  Everyone that rides, races, watches, please come to these events.  We have come a long way in a short amount of time.  Tracks are starting to look at us as a viable series.

Thanks and ride safe

Brett

We have the ability to control our future.

www.SSQSA.net

Thanks to our sponsors: Walsh Racecraft, X-Tream Clean, Ripixx, Goon with Style, Pit Posse, Amsoil, Equalibryum, Crown Wear, Answer, MSR, AXO, Slackercross, UFO, MXRESULTZ
#3 LTR450

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2008, 09:54:44 AM »

Well said Bret I think alot of people feel the same THANK YOU for the work you do and for all the people behind the scene we don't see.
pk250

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 11:34:47 AM »

lets not forget to thank bretts wife for letting him come out and do this for us , althoughwe all love racing we know that there are always sacrifices to be made, my hats off to you and your family for bringing us the type of racing we all love to do, and i agree this series is turning up the talent as far as all the riders go, again thanks and les all keep supporting this series.     the cullaton  family
ltr450qr

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2008, 07:58:36 PM »

Thanks Brett for giving all of us an opportunity to run a national style series on the state level. Injuries aren't fun and I hated seeing that chopper coming over the track (it was the 3rd time in less than a year that I have seen a rider get airlifted from DC). I had such high hopes for a safe weekend of racing @ Dade City after riding the track in practice.
The fact that the ratio of injuries to entries has remained very close is amazing. In all reality the # of injuries should have gone up due to the amount of riders coming off of the gates. Maybe due to the rapid increase in the riders abilities or the quality of the safety equipment just in the last couple years. Don't know but either way I'll take the risks we incur over Hunter hangin' out w/ a bunch of dead end punks w/ no ambition any day. To me, that's a much greater risk.
John W. Holliday #68
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com