Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: can someone explain to me about W-2?  (Read 2420 times)
snowmanzz13
Supreme Member

when are we going riding?

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: January 29, 2008, 05:46:09 PM »

i have no idea what it is a this is the first time i've ever seen one.... forgive me as i'm only 17 lol

banshee Sad for sale
blaster 200 gone
ds 650   for sale
odyssey   for sale
polaris sportsman 700   for sale
helmets save lives, so wear one!!

http://www.myspace.com/954snowmann
Young Gun
Supreme Member

Murray Enterprises

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 05:49:38 PM »

Isn't this for taxes?

Goodluck with that boring stuff! Wink

2008 KFX450R
Full DASA Exhaust, FCI, Dynojet PC5, Hiper CF1 Beadlocks, ITP GNCC Holeshots, IMS Roll Bumper, ProArmor FAT Peg Nerfbars, Red Radiator hoses, Engine ICE Coolant, Spider Grips, Blingster Rear Grab Bar

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...
backinsaddle

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 05:50:18 PM »

It's a statement your employer gives you for the prior year worked.  You base your work related income taxes off the numbers on your W-2.  They are required to provide to you by Jan 31 of each year.
snowmanzz13
Supreme Member

when are we going riding?

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2008, 05:53:19 PM »

okay, so what does all that mean? lol

banshee Sad for sale
blaster 200 gone
ds 650   for sale
odyssey   for sale
polaris sportsman 700   for sale
helmets save lives, so wear one!!

http://www.myspace.com/954snowmann
yfz450runner

live to ride, skip work as much as possible

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2008, 06:05:29 PM »

W 2  are for tax purposes. everywhere you worked last year will send you one. take them and any recipts for big ticket items ( quad, car etc)  recipts are for the amount of tax you spent last year.  take it to a tax prep place and they will guide you in filling a return. hope this helps
 Grin
renmus
Supreme Member

I am a Florida Mudrider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2008, 08:05:03 PM »

W 2  are for tax purposes. everywhere you worked last year will send you one. take them and any recipts for big ticket items ( quad, car etc)  recipts are for the amount of tax you spent last year.  take it to a tax prep place and they will guide you in filling a return. hope this helps
 Grin

NO NO NO.  If you are only 17, then your parents are probably claiming you as a dependent on taxes.  DO NOT go to a tax place that is not aware of your whole family information.  That could cause a mess for your parents and you would probably regret the $40-75 they charge.
AmericanRobster
Supreme Member

2006 Arctic Cat 500 TRV 4X4

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2008, 02:44:23 PM »

Grin

NO NO NO.  If you are only 17, then your parents are probably claiming you as a dependent on taxes.  DO NOT go to a tax place that is not aware of your whole family information.  That could cause a mess for your parents and you would probably regret the $40-75 they charge.

Very true. I am waiting until I can get to my ex g/fs house to get my possessions so I can file my taxes next weekend.

2006 Acrtic Cat TRV 500 4X4

1997 Chevy Silverado

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Thunder Road
Anoriginal

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2008, 03:01:23 PM »

A W-2 is something you love when you're younger or not making a lot of money. It usually means it's tax time and you'll be getting a big fat check back from the government. Later in life, you probably won't get a W-2 (depending on your employment arrangements) and  tax time sucks because the estimated taxes you've paid four times in the past year isn't quite enough to cover your income. So, you are the one stroking a big fat check to the government.  Wink
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com