Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cleaning your ATV...  (Read 38831 times)
Mudneck
" It's a State of Mind "
Supreme Member

****FMR****

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: February 17, 2006, 12:57:03 PM »

Greased Lightning™
5 Gallon Multi-Purpose Degreaser and Cleaner

Item #: 21240       Model: 105C
$28.96

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=21240-1383-105C

Shipping Options include
Lowe's Delivery
 In Store
Buy online and pickup at your local Lowe's store: LOWE'S OF ROYAL PALM BEACH, FL

Warrior

'04 Bombardier Outlander XT 400 H.O.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: February 17, 2006, 02:31:11 PM »

Greased Lightning™
5 Gallon Multi-Purpose Degreaser and Cleaner

Item #: 21240       Model: 105C
$28.96

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=21240-1383-105C

Shipping Options include
Lowe's Delivery
 In Store
Buy online and pickup at your local Lowe's store: LOWE'S OF ROYAL PALM BEACH, FL

Ahhh, you're the man!, Thank you!!! Great stuff eh?, do you use it?

Thanks again...

Mudneck
" It's a State of Mind "
Supreme Member

****FMR****

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: February 19, 2006, 10:39:04 AM »

I use the purple stuff from Home depot it is highly concentrate & it turns plastic faded if not diluted.I renovate homes & took a look at Lowes.Since I am in there & the depot 4-5 times a week.......I will give this a try though.

Da_Mtg_Man
extraordinaire
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: February 19, 2006, 11:52:14 AM »

I haven't read through this whole thread but Greased lightening WILL take the finish off of your rims,grab bar, nerfs and so forth. I use Orange blast at Home Depot.It's more expensive but weel worth it. I dilute it 50/50.

FLORIDA MUD RIDER
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: February 19, 2006, 03:50:23 PM »

I haven't read through this whole thread but Greased lightening WILL take the finish off of your rims,grab bar, nerfs and so forth. I use Orange blast at Home Depot.It's more expensive but weel worth it. I dilute it 50/50.

amen! that stuff is amazing. I just got done washing our quads, and I used it on 1 of them but didn't have enough for the other 2 and was too lazy to go get it. The Wolverine is nice and shiny and no mudstains, the Vinsons are still kinda ugly with mud stains everywhere.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
qt314nfla

« Reply #105 on: February 19, 2006, 03:57:26 PM »

Cody, you trying to hide that you had the fiances quad out this weekend so she doesn't kick your butt next time she sees you?  Good having y'all out this weekend.  We missed you camping.

As for cleaning I've found simple green does a pretty good job.  It's also natural so you don't have to worry about messing up the bike or the environment. 
« Last Edit: February 19, 2006, 03:59:03 PM by QT314Nfla » Logged
klutchbuster400
Supreme Member

Cuz the chicks dig it.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: February 19, 2006, 06:12:28 PM »

nearby lake, i just kick the z into 4x4, submarine mode Wink
Toomey
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: February 19, 2006, 07:24:15 PM »

I use the hose with no attachment to nock off the big globs of mud.  Then if I'm cleaning for real, I take off all the plastic, and the gas tank, airbox, and subframe.  Then I use a tooth bush on everything left on the bike, using just whatever cleaner we got.  And I clean all the plastic and everything just with water and a brush.  And then if it needs it, change the oil, clean the airfilter, and lube the chain.  Put it back together, throw some WD-40 all over the place, and throw in the trailor till next time!

Looking for a junker dirt bike project.
Warrior

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: February 19, 2006, 07:34:48 PM »

amen! that stuff is amazing. I just got done washing our quads, and I used it on 1 of them but didn't have enough for the other 2 and was too lazy to go get it. The Wolverine is nice and shiny and no mudstains, the Vinsons are still kinda ugly with mud stains everywhere.

I've been using Greased Lightning for about a year now, never had a problem with it. I dilute it in water as per the instructions and it is AMAZING how the mud comes off with NO scrubbing. You DO have to take extra precaution with aluminum, it WILL stain it, you can still use it on aluminum but you have to remove it within 2 or 3 seconds max, spray on and rinse. Or you can clean the alum with another cleaner. Other than the alum it is fantastic, I strongly recommend it...

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com