Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: White van speakers  (Read 2792 times)
shirah86

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: January 16, 2008, 11:49:21 AM »

thought somebody would get a kick out of this
go to yahoo and type in white van speakers and then go to the wikipedia article about it
they got a buddy of mine right before christmas for $400
KD 428
Supreme Member

FTR #428

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2008, 11:54:06 AM »

For all the Lazy people haha

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_van_speakers

HONDA CRF450R
shogun323
Supreme Member

Fuzzy Pickles #1 Dancer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2008, 11:58:48 AM »

I used to see them around in Pinellas a bit years ago. Gotta love solicitors and scammers!!!

When I was in the restarant business there were little black kids selling M&M's for a dollar. They would come in prior to opening hours and say, "Would you like to buy some M&M's to keep me off of crack?" Not a scam, but funny.

My favorite is at my office now I had a guy come in despite our NO SOLICITING signs claiming to be from Warner Brothers. He was selling Looney Tunes coloring books. He also had a handful of candles he was peddling. What a jackhole.

"An armed society is a polite society." ~Robert A. Heinlein
Anoriginal

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2008, 12:16:37 PM »

About three years ago I was standing the the rear parking lot of my office when two guys in a small moving type truck pulled up with the cheap speakers for sale BS. They used the, "we got an extra set and were told to sell them" BS and were offerring a giant home theater set for like $500.00 and trying to pass them off as a Klipsch set.

Unbeknownst to them, I own a Klipsch home theater system. So, I started asking them ridiculous questions about the speakers and how loud they could be, etc. They told me they were 100% American made and that they were the best line they carried. Eventually they got down to $250.00. However, the whole deal ended when I pointed out the "made in Indonesia" sticker on one of the boxes and told them that I'd asked them bogus questions proving they knew nothing. I also pointed out that the cheapest Klipsch system was well over $3,000.00 for standard book shelf systems.

They were really pissed and just got in the truck and drove off. Me and my buddy stood there laughing at them.
shogun323
Supreme Member

Fuzzy Pickles #1 Dancer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2008, 12:35:37 PM »

Nicely done!! "Klipsch" definately sounds like an American brand. (drenched in sarcasm)

"An armed society is a polite society." ~Robert A. Heinlein
greenmachine
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2008, 02:57:11 PM »

I had the "white van" pull up next to me a few weeks ago around USF.

A couple years ago one pulled up to me at 7-11 while I was getting gas.
I let them know I knew they were trying to pull an old scam & I wasnt down with it & to just move on.
They started running their mouths & it became a shouting match about how I knew they were scammers & I wasnt some dumbazz who would pay them $50 much less $500 for their crap. I walked up to the passenger's window & it almost became a punching match.
The 2 chickenshizz's then started backing up saying they were gonna call the cops on me blah blah blah. I am sure they got someone somewhere, but it wasnt at the 7-11 that afternoon.
shirah86

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2008, 04:51:35 PM »

i was on the phone with him the whole time this was going on and was tellin him if its to good to be true it usually is, but he went ahead and did the deal, he should have known they were full of it when they followed him to do different atms about 10 minutes away from each other, they even put all the "expensive merchandise" in his car before he went to get them money, one of the rascals wanted the ride with him till they seen all the boxing gloves and whatnot in the passenger seat, but boy did he think he got a deal hes like man these thing are gonna be sweet, and went off and bought a new plasma screen to go with his new home theater equipment, but they sound alright even though they arent worth a sh*t, i cant really get on em that bad cus 2 christmas's ago we both bought a few hundred bucks worth of gold chains that were fake as hell
n-stig8r

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2008, 06:49:45 PM »

That's funny since I've been approached several times throughout the years by 2 guys in a van trying to sell me liquid cooled speakers here in PA.  The were supposed to pick up 6 speakers and accidently got 6 pair and they need to sale them asap.

2008 Kawasaki KFX450R
2005 Honda TRX450R
- GT Thunder Shock Mods & Linkage, HMF Exhaust, Precision, Flexx Bars, Quad Tech Hiper Wheels w/ Maxxis Razr-2's

Sponsors: Instigator Racing ATV Parts & Accessories, Fasst Co, Hiper, IMS, Oury, Kawasaki Team Green.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com