Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LE450 - Steve Hollar UPDATE 1-14-2007  (Read 11509 times)
Smoknbanshee
Supreme Member

When the green light drops, all bull$hit stops!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: January 11, 2008, 06:25:58 PM »

Mods, can this be pined to the top, and I will update when I have new information?

I know stevie has been out of racing for a while, but many of you guys that have raced with him know he was a stand up guy.  Stevie was in a horrible motorcycle accident in Mt. Dora last saturday night.  He has been in the hospital and been through multiple surgeries.  He broke his back in two places, crushed his pelvis, broke some ribs and broke his ankle.  He has another surgery to go, but please be praying for him.  He has a long road to recovery, but I have faith he will make it through this.  Right now he is not able to have visitor's and I will leave the hospital location anonymous until he can have visitors.  He is very badly bruised and in pretty much a full body cast.  He is suppose to be transported to another hospital or room in the near future and I will disclose where he is located when he can have visitor's.  They have been raising money for his mother to stay at a hotel located close to the hospital and they have enough money raised for her to stay there till the benefit ride they are going to have for him.  They are going to have a benefit ride for him on January 26th starting at Porky's in Apopka, which is located on Main Street.  I will have a flyer this week for that.  The benefit ride will be motorcycles, cars, whatever.  Once I get more details on where the ride will be and everything, I will update this post for everyone that is interested can attend.  I am trying to find out where people can donate if they would like and will also put that on here as soon as I know.  I am pretty much getting 2nd hand information right now, but will update when I have new information.  At this time, please just pray for Stevie to have a speedy recovery.
Thanks,
Jason

Update - Okay, didn't talk to Stevie, but one of his close friends let me know today that he is talking and eating on his own now.  They are working on fitting him for a back brace and hopefully if things progress the way they did over the weekend, he will be moved to a regular room.  I am pretty confident that they still won't let you talk to him in ICU.  He is located at ORMC in Orlando, and I will let everyone know as soon as he can have visitors.  Lot's of prayers have been answered to this point, so everyone keep the prayers going.  From what I know the gas tank is what crushed his pelvis and they think he slide into a concrete telephone pole and that is what broke his back and ribs.  I have a benefit ride flyer I can e-mail to anyone that wants a copy.  I am also going to try to get it posted up here.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 05:17:26 PM by Smoknbanshee » Logged

Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!
KnK Motorsports

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008, 07:22:53 PM »

For anyone one that does not know Steve . He is one heck of a guy. i raced with him @ Sand Mountain for a few years and we became good friends. i can tell you that he would help anyone and is a great person. Hope he pulls thru and has a speedy recovery. I still have good ole #77.

Our prayers are with him and his family.

Wayne

K&K Motorsports
specializing in off-road performance
Suspension & body lifts,leveling kits,
tires & wheels, ATV performance,& powdercoating
Authorized Dealer for Lonestar, Blingstar,AC,Nacs,ODI Grips,Ron Woods,Falicon,ESR,Herrmann,Duncan

06 YFZ450 #12
08 KFX450 #21
Da_Mtg_Man
extraordinaire
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008, 10:35:32 PM »

Dang, I'm sorry to hear this. Even though I haven't talked to him in probably 3 yrs he was a pretty good egg.

FLORIDA MUD RIDER
mrbones
Administrator
Supreme Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2008, 12:33:09 PM »

Get well soon, Steve. Keep your spirits up.

Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon
dynodon
Supreme Member

Ocala racing team

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2008, 09:50:49 AM »

I also have to send prayers to Stevie and his family, and hope for a speedy recovery.

Jason, again, If there is anything I can do to help with anything let me know, even if its just cooking up some of those pulled pork sandwiches for the volunteers for the "poker run" benefit. Wink

The " Black Pearl "
No, you dont want NONE of it
Da_Mtg_Man
extraordinaire
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2008, 02:32:37 PM »

Dang, I'm sorry to hear this. Even though I haven't talked to him in probably 3 yrs he was a pretty good egg.

I just re-read this and I guess I should've also put in there to get well soon.

FLORIDA MUD RIDER
RTR_380/450R
Supreme Member

The older I get..........

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2008, 11:08:28 PM »

Stevie is absolutely an awesome friend and person. He has gone out of his way for me several times and would do so for about anyone. I hear that he is not doing to well. I pray for his recovery and that God's will be done.
I still do not know the whole story, but it probably has something to do with Steve having fun.

Get well Brother!

jt

RTR PERFORMANCE ENGINES
Specializing in FAST RELIABLE Horspower!!
rtrperformanceengines.com
qt314nfla

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2008, 11:24:39 PM »

I'll agree I met him on the jugalo warrior ride in Ocala.  Phenomenal person!  So sorry to hear this.  Hope he heals quickly.  My prayers are w/ him.  Thanks for keeping us up to date on his status.
Smoknbanshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2008, 06:25:50 AM »

Stevie was a few blocks from his house, coming home saturday night on his motorcycle, was in a curve and the someone had their sprinkler spray in the middle of the road as well as their lawn, the biked went down once it hit the wet pavement.  He was wearing a protective jacket, but not helmet, luckily no head damage.  I will get some more information today.

A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!
Smoknbanshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2008, 05:22:39 PM »

I also have to send prayers to Stevie and his family, and hope for a speedy recovery.

Jason, again, If there is anything I can do to help with anything let me know, even if its just cooking up some of those pulled pork sandwiches for the volunteers for the "poker run" benefit. Wink

Don, thanks for the offer man.  I think they each place they are stopping at is pitching in the food and everything.

A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!
Smoknbanshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2008, 05:23:51 PM »

I am trying to find out how people can donate money directly to Steve.  Hopefully they will set up something at a bank soon, as Stevie will be in the hospital for months.

A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!
01ZX12R
Supreme Member

Its all fun and games till the flag drops!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2008, 10:02:55 PM »

Just got word that Steve is doing much better. They were able to move him out of ICU. Looks like all the prayers are working keep it up. Thanks

K&K Motorsports 
Full Spectrum Racing
06' YFZ450  #12
08' KFX450  #21
08' LTR450   #132
01ZX12R
Supreme Member

Its all fun and games till the flag drops!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2008, 10:29:11 PM »

here is a pic of Steve at Sand Mountain out havin fun

* stevee.jpg (36.58 KB, 480x360 - viewed 162 times.)

K&K Motorsports 
Full Spectrum Racing
06' YFZ450  #12
08' KFX450  #21
08' LTR450   #132
Mrs.Nightbreed
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2008, 08:48:26 AM »

Just got word that Steve is doing much better. They were able to move him out of ICU. Looks like all the prayers are working keep it up. Thanks

Thats for sure! After the original phone call I got and what he went through the first few days, his improvement is amazing! Hopefully he will continue to improve at this pace and will be out of there soon.
SkyHighT100
Supreme Member

Enough Bullsh*t... LETS RIDE!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2008, 01:17:28 PM »

Definately good to hear! Hope the healing process continues to go well!

The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list Smiley

http://www.myspace.com/humrz28
mrbones
Administrator
Supreme Member

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2008, 12:16:23 PM »

Here's a link to the Poker Run for Steve.

January 26th in starting Apopka.

http://www.atvflorida.com/files/SteveRideFlyer.pdf

Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon
T2
Supreme Member

It's Better To Be The Predator Than the Prey

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2008, 12:45:30 PM »

I wont be able to make the Poker ride, so How can I help out with some funds for a fellow rider that is down. I like Steve I went riding with him a few times on the street bikes, as well as the four wheelers. I will be sure to pray for him as everyone did the same for me when I went down a few weeks ago. Hurry up and get well soon Buddy.;

Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2008, 10:31:49 PM »

I'm working that day or I'd ask if I could drive my truck in this thing, never done a poker run before, but Steve always was a nice guy when I saw him.

any updates on how he's doing?

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
Smoknbanshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2008, 05:35:40 PM »

I have heard he has moved to a room with visitation now.  From what I hear he will be in the hospital for a few months.  I plan on getting concrete information this weekend and going and seeing him next week.  I won't be able to make the poker run either, but wanted to inform everyone of it.  I don't really know how to give donations, except maybe going and seeing Steve in the hospital and doing it personally.  I know in a few weeks would probably be the best time to visit, because this week and next week, everyone will probably be stopping by.
Jason

A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!
dynodon
Supreme Member

Ocala racing team

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2008, 09:43:02 PM »

Jason, Give me a shout when you are planning on going and I`ll try to hook up with ya!!!

Oh yeah, Keep those emails coming !!!!!!!!!! WOW, NICE pool table huh !?!?!?!?!?!    ( inside joke to everyone else)

The " Black Pearl "
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2008, 10:26:57 PM »

I don't know him well enough to go visit him in the hospital, but tell him we all are thinking of him if you go.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
Smoknbanshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2008, 06:36:42 AM »

Jason, Give me a shout when you are planning on going and I`ll try to hook up with ya!!!

Oh yeah, Keep those emails coming !!!!!!!!!! WOW, NICE pool table huh !?!?!?!?!?!    ( inside joke to everyone else)

Will do Ida.
Don took me a minute, but I caught on.  Yeah.  Very nice.

A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!
dynodon
Supreme Member

Ocala racing team

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2008, 02:46:08 PM »

Any new news on his status Huh

The " Black Pearl "
KnK Motorsports

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2008, 06:11:41 PM »

I talked to Steve last night and he is in good spirits and wanted to thank everyone for all their prayers and support. He is healing up much faster than the doctors expected. He has been thru several sugeries and will have more to come.

K&K Motorsports
specializing in off-road performance
Suspension & body lifts,leveling kits,
tires & wheels, ATV performance,& powdercoating
Authorized Dealer for Lonestar, Blingstar,AC,Nacs,ODI Grips,Ron Woods,Falicon,ESR,Herrmann,Duncan

06 YFZ450 #12
08 KFX450 #21
dynodon
Supreme Member

Ocala racing team

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2008, 07:35:37 PM »

I talked to Steve last night and he is in good spirits and wanted to thank everyone for all their prayers and support. He is healing up much faster than the doctors expected. He has been thru several sugeries and will have more to come.
GREAT NEWS !!!! Thanks for the update...
 We are all still pulling for a speedy recovery Stevie Wink

The " Black Pearl "
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com