Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My new truck has a problem.  (Read 12817 times)
AmericanRobster
Supreme Member

2006 Arctic Cat 500 TRV 4X4

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: January 07, 2008, 01:17:56 AM »

My new 2007 Dodge Ram with the 4.7 V8 has a slight skip to it every now and then. Many of my family members and friends including atv florida's own ScratchupBangUpBoy Chino has noticed the problem. I took it to the dealer and the reset the computer and found nothing wrong with it. It still doesn't seem right because my Dad has a 2005 Dodge Ram with the 4.7 and his runs great. I'm wondering what could be wrong here. I'm glad that I only have less than 5,000 miles on it and thier lifetime power train warranty.  Dunno

2006 Acrtic Cat TRV 500 4X4

1997 Chevy Silverado

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Thunder Road
HVYHLR53

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 04:54:19 AM »

My new 2007 Dodge Ram with the 4.7 V8 has a slight skip to it every now and then. Many of my family members and friends including atv Florida's own ScratchupBangUpBoy Chino has noticed the problem. I took it to the dealer and the reset the computer and found nothing wrong with it. It still doesn't seem right because my Dad has a 2005 Dodge Ram with the 4.7 and his runs great. I'm wondering what could be wrong here. I'm glad that I only have less than 5,000 miles on it and thier lifetime power train warranty.  Dunno

I have the same problem with my 06 Ram 1500. Its been in the shop 4 times for the intermittent engine miss and delayed engagement in drive and reverse.

Engine miss:
They said the first time I took it in that it needed spark plugs, at the time it was only 2000 miles over when the manual said they needed to be changed. I changed them myself, brought it back and they said they couldn't duplicate the problem. I since brought it back 2 more times and got the same answer from the dealer.

Transmission delayed engagement:
When I put the truck in drive, it would take an average of 5 seconds for it to slide into gear. As It got colder out, it would take 10-15 seconds. One cold morning at L-Cross, it took 30 seconds, I thought the trans was done at that point. Still the dealer said that it was normal and that Chrysler says it should take up to 5 seconds for engagement.
The first time I took it in they said that it needed transmission filters and trans cooler flush. The manual says that the tranny doesn't need to be serviced until 60,000 miles. The truck now has 48,000 and has been in the shop 4 times since 35,000 miles. I got tired of messing with the dealer and took it to a transmission shop. The problem ended up being drum seals. $100 deductable for my extended warranty and lost the truck through the holidays and New Years.

SAWGRASS DODGE HAS THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE !!!!
« Last Edit: January 07, 2008, 04:59:41 AM by HVYHLR53 » Logged

2006 Dodge Ram 1500
2006 Honda Rincon 680 - Mine
2006 Honda Rancher 350 - Hers
2006 Carter Talon GX150IIR - Mini Hers
2005 Honda Recon 250 - Mini Hers
2004 Harley RoadKing FLHPI - Mine
2003 Airboat "Glades" SB Chevy 350 5 Blade Warp Drive

"If my signal is flashing, Im not asking permission"
TNTaylor
MudMarine

Lead, follow, or get out of the way.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2008, 07:26:13 AM »

One of my coworkers had the same problem with an 06 1500 he bought at Sawgrass last year.  After several returns/repairs, he got fed up with the dealer's continuous excuses and recently claimed the lemon law.  He made enough noise that they bought back his truck and sold him an 07 1500 Ram.  He's semi happy with the new truck but says he still got screwed by the dealer and will never buy another Dodge product.

2006 Suzuki Vinson Camo
2007 Raptor 700
greenmachine
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2008, 11:53:56 AM »

Dodge has always had tranny problems. Sounds like Sawgrass has some dumbazz mechanics.
Just get a Ford & that will fix your problem.
MuddFreak77
Supreme Member

I found out who my friends are

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2008, 11:56:42 AM »

Could be a bad spark plug, plug wire,. or coil pack

Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

'07 Suzuki King Quad
3k Warn Winch
GPS

2001 F-250 4X4 Diesel, 6 way hand
AmericanRobster
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2008, 05:14:59 PM »

I bought this from Jerry Ulm Dodge in Tampa and took it to get checked out at Dayton Andrews Dodge in St. Pete. It skips all the time now with less than 4,000 miles. Angry

1997 Chevy Silverado

Young Gun
Supreme Member

Murray Enterprises

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2008, 05:45:29 PM »

+1 This would of never happened if you got a Ford Wink
Finally we agree on something! Toast

2008 KFX450R
Full DASA Exhaust, FCI, Dynojet PC5, Hiper CF1 Beadlocks, ITP GNCC Holeshots, IMS Roll Bumper, ProArmor FAT Peg Nerfbars, Red Radiator hoses, Engine ICE Coolant, Spider Grips, Blingster Rear Grab Bar

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...
gearhead400
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2008, 05:50:21 PM »

Yeah, if it were a ford it you would of had it towed to the dealer. Chevy all the way.

Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  gearhead400ex@hotmail.com
Young Gun
Supreme Member

Murray Enterprises

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2008, 05:53:04 PM »

Yeah, if it were a ford it you would of had it towed to the dealer. Chevy all the way.

Your right.

Buy a Chevy, you buy the best.  Drive a mile... walk the rest Wink

2008 KFX450R
Full DASA Exhaust, FCI, Dynojet PC5, Hiper CF1 Beadlocks, ITP GNCC Holeshots, IMS Roll Bumper, ProArmor FAT Peg Nerfbars, Red Radiator hoses, Engine ICE Coolant, Spider Grips, Blingster Rear Grab Bar

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...
450rcrazy

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2008, 06:11:06 PM »

I bought this from Jerry Ulm Dodge in Tampa and took it to get checked out at Dayton Andrews Dodge in St. Pete. It skips all the time now with less than 4,000 miles. Angry
Start making records of every time you bring it to the dealership and prepare to lemon law it! My friend mike had nothing but tranny and Electrical probs with his and it literally spent more time in the shop then he did driving it , after a year he lemon lawed  it ( seldom does the lemon law get implemented normally they buy it back from you for as much if not more than you would get if the lemon law goes through , then they are allowed to sell it to some other poor guy) got another Dodge and it is about to go as well. I warned him the first time not to get the dodge. I had a 97 2500 . At 19000 Evaporator went out then again at 25000 miles . At 30,000 miles tranny began switching between OD and Drive for no reason was in the shop 3 times each time they said it was fixed but it wasn't. Then at 34,000 miles and just past the 3 year warranty expired . Hunks of paint the size of quarters began literally falling off while washing the truck with a garden hose . I take it to the dealership (manual said it had a 7 year paint warranty) the body shop manager said it was a corrosion warranty and because the primer was still there it was not corroded. I was like WTF should I go home and sand through the primer, his response no that would be abuse and still not covered. The next weekend I bought my first Ford , I then went back to the dodge dealership got the body shop manager and told him I fixed my paint problem and told him to come check it out   Grin  He saw it and then I said Ill never buy another Dodge product in my life! he said a few swear words and walked off. I am driving my second ford truck since then and I will not switch unless it was to go to the Duramax Chevy !
Young Gun
Supreme Member

Murray Enterprises

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2008, 06:22:00 PM »

Boy, you guys sure do have a lot of problems with your dodges.

When I had my SS/T I never once had a problem Nerd

Perhaps... maybe... it's the driver? Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink

2008 KFX450R

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...
gearhead400
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2008, 06:35:22 PM »

Your right.

Buy a Chevy, you buy the best.  Drive a mile... walk the rest Wink

made it further than the ford!!!! ohhh! hahaha  Wink

Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  gearhead400ex@hotmail.com
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2008, 12:11:17 AM »

your problem: dodge.

AmericanRobster
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2008, 06:27:45 PM »

Fox, I know that you like the Tundras and all, but my Dad and I have an 04' Tundra with a v6 ( Company Truck) that it feels like you are driving a Camry. I have owned a Ford, Chevy, and now a Dodge. The Ford that I had went through 2 motors and trannys. The Chevy I have has only had a transmission issue and some wiring problems, but that's it. The Dodge is my first brand new purchase. Not bad for someone who was 21 now 22 to purchase. It all goes to show you that hard work does pay off. I have a friend with a brand new Tundra who has had nothing but problems with it. He has gone through a tranny and the brake calipers are messing up on it. Also, the tailgates have been falling off of the new Tundras. Toyota makes a nice truck, but it's not for me. I wanted a half ton truck with a 6ft bed with a crew cab 4 full doors and Dodge is the only one who makes what I want. Plus, I got the Lifetime powertrain warranty with it.

1997 Chevy Silverado

fishfry

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2008, 06:44:35 PM »

One of my coworkers had the same problem with an 06 1500 he bought at Sawgrass last year.  After several returns/repairs, he got fed up with the dealer's continuous excuses and recently claimed the lemon law.  He made enough noise that they bought back his truck and sold him an 07 1500 Ram.  He's semi happy with the new truck but says he still got screwed by the dealer and will never buy another Dodge product.

Lemon law will not work with most bigger size trucks, like F250 and up.

A bad day in the woods is better then a good day at work.

500 mule (for sale)
Bronco II
rb-86

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2008, 09:15:03 PM »

I'm getting lemon on my 2006 ram with the 5.7 hemi. For some reason it keep consuming coolant. There aren't any leaks it's just disappearing!!! I had a single cab 03 hemi sport with a bunch of mods, i was pushing 467hp at the wheels and never had any problems with it. I traded it in for a double cab slt hemi last year to save gas and since around 12k miles it's been doing that. Everytime i took it to the dealer they would do the same stupid pressure test. The truck has never lost pressure so it was pointless. When I applied for lemon law they started hinting that maybe it was me pumping the coolant out LMAO. I told them I would let them seal off the coolant tank, radiator and all the hoses if they would do an instant vehicle exchange and they agreed. So the painted everything so that if tried to open it the paint would crack. I must have driven a thousand miles in four days, and guess what? No coolant lol. So i'm in the process now with chrysler financial to switch trucks. I was thinking of getting my money back and getting something else but i've driven them all. My cousin has a harley edition f150 5.4 and it doesn't feel like it has any power. It doesn't have any off the line performance. He got all pissed off the first time I beat him. My brother has the new silverado with the new vortech max engine and it's faster than my truck but i hate the way it handles. And finally my girlfriends uncle has the new tundra 5.7 and he didn't last 2k miles because of the cheap cam shafts toyota put in them. I've pulled his boat a million times and never had a problem even with the coolants disappearing. He towed it like 4 times lol. Yea the claim you can tow ten thousand pounds, but how far? lol They actually did a recall on most the new 5.7 tundras. He ended up trading it for a dodge. In the end really i think choosing a truck is based on personal preference. Nobody is gonna convince the ford guy that the chevy or dodge it better and no can tell the jap guy american is the way to go. Just find what you like and get it.

2006 Yamaha Grizzly 660
26" ITP mudlite XTR's
ITP Black Delta rims
2500lb Mile Marker Winch
2inch Xtreme Products Lift Kit
Chevy1500z71
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2008, 09:34:51 PM »

exactly what i was thinking
AmericanRobster
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2008, 10:25:33 PM »

I'm getting lemon on my 2006 ram with the 5.7 hemi. For some reason it keep consuming coolant. There aren't any leaks it's just disappearing!!! I had a single cab 03 hemi sport with a bunch of mods, i was pushing 467hp at the wheels and never had any problems with it. I traded it in for a double cab slt hemi last year to save gas and since around 12k miles it's been doing that. Everytime i took it to the dealer they would do the same stupid pressure test. The truck has never lost pressure so it was pointless. When I applied for lemon law they started hinting that maybe it was me pumping the coolant out LMAO. I told them I would let them seal off the coolant tank, radiator and all the hoses if they would do an instant vehicle exchange and they agreed. So the painted everything so that if tried to open it the paint would crack. I must have driven a thousand miles in four days, and guess what? No coolant lol. So i'm in the process now with chrysler financial to switch trucks. I was thinking of getting my money back and getting something else but i've driven them all. My cousin has a harley edition f150 5.4 and it doesn't feel like it has any power. It doesn't have any off the line performance. He got all pissed off the first time I beat him. My brother has the new silverado with the new vortech max engine and it's faster than my truck but i hate the way it handles. And finally my girlfriends uncle has the new tundra 5.7 and he didn't last 2k miles because of the cheap cam shafts toyota put in them. I've pulled his boat a million times and never had a problem even with the coolants disappearing. He towed it like 4 times lol. Yea the claim you can tow ten thousand pounds, but how far? lol They actually did a recall on most the new 5.7 tundras. He ended up trading it for a dodge. In the end really i think choosing a truck is based on personal preference. Nobody is gonna convince the ford guy that the chevy or dodge it better and no can tell the jap guy american is the way to go. Just find what you like and get it.

Well Said. I hope that everything goes ok for ya. Are you going to get another Dodge? I called the dealer today to talk to them about an appointment to bring it in and service it. So, I told the guy about what it is doing and he said that alot of the 07 4.7 V8s are having that same problem and Dodge is developing a souloution as we speak. He said that they run really low rpms while at idle. My truck was running around 500-700 Rpm when it skips.

1997 Chevy Silverado

06hemiram

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2008, 04:03:38 PM »

ive had my 06 dodge ram hemi for almost 2 years wit 18000 miles and never had a single problem with it. ill NEVER buy a Ford and the only Chevy i will ever get is a Corvette.

* Don't like the Pigs *

-06 Dodge Ram Hemi
-07 Yamaha YFZ450
Chevy1500z71
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2008, 04:28:39 PM »

ive had my 06 dodge ram hemi for almost 2 years wit 18000 miles and never had a single problem with it. ill NEVER buy a Ford and the only Chevy i will ever get is a Corvette.

i have a 95 chevy 350 with 200,000 miles on it with a blower and it runs strong as hell, never gives me any major problems. tell me how your hemi runs after 200k miles... fords older trucks are actualy fairly reliably, my budy has a 94 with the inline 6, i personaly think its a peice of crap, but it does run good for 150,000 miles. but i wouldnt never buy a ford, or a dodge ever. the new hemi isnt even anything special, its just a 100$ spark plug change for nothing. if you knew about moters you would know that a new hemi is nothing like the hemi that it got its name from and a vortech 6.0 will blow the doors off of a hemi truck.
Chevy1500z71
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2008, 04:30:29 PM »

sory that last coment got a litle rude towards the end of it. im not trying to offend anybody.
r6realtor

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2008, 11:57:39 PM »

are the dodge diesels having any of these tranny problems? I know cummings makes one of the best engines out there but what about the tranny?

2011 Polaris Ranger Pursuit camo 800
27" radial outlaws, diesel wheels 2"emp lift, FTD roof, multi mount winch

2009 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS

2009 Yamaha Grizzly 550

2009 yamaha raptor 700
yunt2ride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2008, 09:18:29 AM »

Dodge=Lifetime Powertrain Warranty.

All great huh.

To bad that it may be in the shop until you decide to trade it back in. Then dodge is no longer has to warranty it for the next owner. Remember the warranty is only good for the first owner, not the vehicle.

1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo
logandzwon

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2008, 11:36:16 AM »

My family doesn't do Ford;
About 10 years ago everyone in my family had fords.  One person's Taurus wagon dropped it's tranny at around 50K, the Windstar that replaced it dropped it's tranny at 26K and then again at 35K.  Another's Bronco had to be lemon lawed because it couldn't drive in a strait line.  The Explorer that replaced it went threw 2 tranny rebuilds in it's 80K miles with us.  He got rid of it because it was getting ready to go again.  My Mom's Taurus had multiple problems.  I don't even remember them all, but I know she had the whole engine replaced under warranty.

My dad has owned Dodges since, I've done GM and honda.  Personally think Honda builds the best cars.
rb-86

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2008, 12:41:36 PM »

Well Said. I hope that everything goes ok for ya. Are you going to get another Dodge? I called the dealer today to talk to them about an appointment to bring it in and service it. So, I told the guy about what it is doing and he said that alot of the 07 4.7 V8s are having that same problem and Dodge is developing a souloution as we speak. He said that they run really low rpms while at idle. My truck was running around 500-700 Rpm when it skips.

I considering doing the change for another pick up but depending on how my work goes i might just trade it in for a 4x4 jeep to save on some gas. My truck idles under 500rpm sometimes. Even with all the problems its having it still hasn't left me stranded yet lol. I recently drove up to tampa from miami and did the trip in 3 hours and 30 minutes. I was averaging 90-100mph the whole way. Only slowing down when my radar detector went off.

2006 Yamaha Grizzly 660
26" ITP mudlite XTR's
ITP Black Delta rims
2500lb Mile Marker Winch
2inch Xtreme Products Lift Kit
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com