Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: plant bamboo  (Read 33753 times)
rejotan

View Profile

Ignore
« on: December 29, 2007, 10:08:24 AM »

what is the earliest you can go ride at underhills on a sunday and how much does it cost for 2 adults and one 12 year old.
sbripple

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2007, 09:31:26 AM »

http://www.plantbamboo.com/index.htm            thats the website and  you  can call ed and ask him.We have gone in and out at all times.His number is on the website.Usually $20 each for the day and a little more if you camp and stay the night.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2008, 02:34:02 AM »

Its $20 a person, and 30 to camp all weekend, which is the better deal if you dont have plans.
Its great out there, so come join us.
Also, there was loose talk that Ed wasnt going to allow sport quads anymore, so you might want to check up on that before you head up. If I can cinform either way, Ill reply.
BCConviber
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2008, 08:02:26 AM »

It's official.. Got this email last Sunday.

ATTENTION

Effective Monday January 21, 2008

Any & all racing type quads such as Banshees & Rafters will B permanently barred from Underhill land effective Monday. N the future owners of racing type quads R welcome 2 enter Plantbamboo only if they don’t bring their racing type Quad when they enter.

N other words if U bring a racing type quad U will not B allowed  entry at Plantbamboo

Edward Underhill

And then this one this morning....

Dear PLantbamboo,

Portions of this letter isn’t in any way intended to sander, although I will admit that some of this is a response  to  a couple of individuals who responded to the flyer that I sent out Sunday stating what I decided is necessary.. The most difficult part for me was in me having to ban all racing quads I would have preferred to selectively enforce but I know that would be impossible, so I apologize to those of you  that have racing quads and  have respected my rules  the rules. Please remember that even though I am not allowing you to enter with said quads you are welcome to come out any time.

Explaining my decision to ban all racing type quads this doesn’t include 4x4 off reading quads.  Sense 2004 when we first opened Plantbamboo myself and other that I have assigned responsible to help keep  Plantbamboo safe have spent 95 present of our time attempting to get those that bring their racing type quads to Plantbamboo to  abide by our rules.  After explaining the conditions to these individuals most of the time that simply disregards them and very often make every effort to flaunt our rules that they can.

Three or four weeks ago was when the proverbial straw broke the camel’s back.  A edit that was driving a racing type  quad almost ran over a 4 year child. Sense then I  have pondered how best to implement  the best means of control  those that don’t give a damn  one way or other who they may be endangered  as result of their actions. During this timed it  did most of the patrolling myself.  At first I threatened to expel those that apparently  have never learned to read my signs, I explained to their meaning and intent of why I had posted the signs. For some reason the majority of those that ride the racing quads not only have bad eye site, and  to top this off they must be unable  to remember my rules even when I read and explained the rules to them.  If anyone that has been riding the racing quads hasn’t seen this coming then what can I say. If you feel a need it’s fine and dandy to blame me and call as my names as you like I am adult who has to make decisions based on logic not because it feels good    I knowing that some of those that come out to ride the racing quads are responsible people and that this decision  may cause them discomfort but I had much rather do that than to have done nothing about endangering other.   

If a child is hurt or god forbid killed because I failed to correct this problem I would be able to live with myself knowing that I could have stopped this high speed driving that not only endangers children but all that comes to Plantbamboo.

I decided that  if banning racing quads was to mean that plantbamboo  no longer will makes enough money to stay open I felt and I feel that I had much rather close Planbamnboo down than to have  a child hurt .   No I AM NOT LOSING PLANTBAMBOO DOWN I AM SIMPLY  CORRECTING A PROBLEM THAT IS LONG OVER DEW FOR ME TO ADDRESS. 

My farm isn’t a race track contrary to what most of those that come out and ride the racing quads must think.  Moroso motor sports park facility is was made and is set up for racing type quads.

Please remember that anyone That has a racing quad  still welcome to enter Pantbambioo if they don’t bring their racing quads with them to plantbamboo

My decision to ban any and all racing type quads  is final and there will not be any exceptions. In the future if you come to Plantbamboo and bring a racing Quad with you will have to take it home before you enter.

It will be your responsibility to leave racing quads home.  It is not  our to responsibility find or see a racing quad in your vehicle or trailer when you are entering Plantbamboo.  If you find a way to hide or we fail to notice a racing quad in your vehicle or a trailer when you enter then you have disregarded this rule, when we see that you have a racing quad with you will be ask to leave and on refund and never you will be banned for life from entering Plantbamboo.

Said done and final ,

Edward Underhill

2007 660 Rhino Sport
2007 700 Grizzly, Realtree camo
**FMR FOR LIFE**
Joedirt
Supreme Member

I am a FloridaMud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2008, 08:08:40 AM »

Aww shoot..I can not ride my Rafter in the Poo Pit?...LOL

2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers
Mudneck
" It's a State of Mind "
Supreme Member

****FMR****

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2008, 08:28:05 AM »

So I am welcome but my racing quad stays at home? What about my racing Rhino or my 1800hp monster truck that goes 85mph through the mud hole? We need to get him to sign up for this site,Is that the americankids uncle? LOL HA!~HA!~

shogun323
Supreme Member

Fuzzy Pickles #1 Dancer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2008, 09:04:59 AM »

I think they should offer 1 final ride for all the racing quads. Then all the proceeds can go to buying Ed a text editing program that has spelling/grammar check.

"An armed society is a polite society." ~Robert A. Heinlein
Greenbln117

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2008, 11:43:00 AM »

LAME   Angry
time to found a new place.
BCConviber
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2008, 03:34:05 PM »

LAME   Angry

Spoken like a true part of the problem.  Roll Eyes

2007 660 Rhino Sport
**FMR FOR LIFE**
IXIswamperIXI
Supreme Member

Rich men use dollars, Common folks use sense

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2008, 04:08:56 PM »

If these letters are true, I for one comend him for standing up and making a decision.  This to me shows he TRULY is out for a safe place for our kids to ride not out for money.  So many people are afraid to make hard decision because of how "unpopular" it may be.  I think it is time to check this place out.  It is unfair to condemn ALL racing bikes drivers because a few do not listen BUT is it worth someone getting hurt (like a innocent child) I don't think so.  There may be 850HP 10,000LBS trucks running through holes but I am assuming he doesn't have problems with them listening when they get out of line.  Anyway that is just my 2 cents sorry to carry on.

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
Greenbln117

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2008, 09:22:49 AM »

LAME   Angry

Spoken like a true part of the problem.  Roll Eyes

For your infomation I was not part of any problems there.
We camped out there 2 times a month w/friends.
We follow all the rules.
Sooo maybe you should know  some one before judging them.
Greenbln117

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2008, 09:28:59 AM »

The reason why I said it was lame was because dumb people always have to mess a good thing up. Dumb people give us ATV rider a bad name.
greenmachine
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2008, 11:32:23 AM »

But its ok for a beer filled cooler toting 800cc ute to ride around drunk all day.......nah thats not near as dangerous as one of them "race quads" Roll Eyes

I wonder what he will classify the new Can Am Renegade 800. Fastest quad i have ever seen stock. Outran every 450 at the drag races at the Motoplex.

This is a stupid decision.
Instead of his illiterate letter to everyone, why dont he use some of his untaxed wealth to hire security to throw out the idiots. The man clearly has no business sense. If he were to let everyone in & 1 or 2 people break the rules kick them out, then you have their money & every good person still has a good time & he made an example out of the bad behavior for all to see.

Someone else mentioned, the rincon 250 & the 250ex are the same quad different plastic, what about that?
What about kids quads, most are not ute style, will that make them "race quads"?
Bleedsblue

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2008, 12:28:21 PM »

He really should just have someone in the camping area monitoring and tossing people out. Every time I've been there I've seen people flying through the camp area/parking lot with no regard of who is around them. Nine times out of ten it's a sport quad but I have seen utility owners do it as well.

Bill

2008 Ford F-250, 8" Fabtech Lift, 38" Kumho MTs
2007 Yamaha Rhino 660, 27" Mudbugs
BCConviber
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2008, 04:37:44 PM »

Idiots ride all kinds of atvs... At the end of the day, it is his land, and he can make whatever rules he likes as far as admittance... I was merely posting what I got in responce to a post above. My appologies for judging you Greenbln117 as being part of the problem if in fact you are not. Now excuse me gentlemen- I have to go load up my cooler full of beer on my 800cc ute.  Wink

2007 660 Rhino Sport
**FMR FOR LIFE**
IXIswamperIXI
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2008, 04:53:18 PM »

Anybody can drive anything badly, racing around and such.  I think in this case his problem was the same group or type of people racing around, so he made a judgement call.  Which in the end thats all anyone can do.  I don't think he is doing this to make money or have good business.

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
Turboderf
Supreme Member

**HONDA** WARRANTY **SUCKS**

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2008, 12:28:23 PM »

Just called underhill you guys are right NO SPORT QUARDS racing around here but drunk mudders are welcome bummer for us sport quaders
Bleedsblue

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2008, 03:18:41 PM »

Just called underhill you guys are right NO SPORT QUARDS racing around here but drunk mudders are welcome bummer for us sport quaders

If you think the mudders are the only drunks riding out there you are crazy.

Bill

Turboderf
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2008, 04:01:18 PM »

well you dont see to many sportquads riding around with a beer in there hand and cooler on there bikes ...but you do see mudders atv and truck with coolers and a few under age drinking kids out there driving and riding atv. but eather way it still sucks no sportquads
05greengriz
Supreme Member

FMR STYLE

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2008, 04:41:22 PM »

Probably haulin azz, not able to enjoy a beer and slower down. Could be the clutch...IDK?

07 Eiger
06 fsc 2800 weekend warrior
06 Rhino       
2005 Scardy Cat 500 4x4
2006 Acrtic Cat DVX 90
http
sbripple

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2008, 07:21:11 AM »

I am happy ed made this decision.I do not enjoy riding with the go fast machines.They are too loud and are only made to go fast.They dont mix well with others that are not into racing and I think ed has made a decision to try to survive in a sue happy world.Underhills will be a much better place for this change.Cant wait to ride with out lookin out for the racers.
Gato
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2008, 09:41:28 AM »

I am happy ed made this decision.I do not enjoy riding with the go fast machines.They are too loud and are only made to go fast.They dont mix well with others that are not into racing and I think ed has made a decision to try to survive in a sue happy world.Underhills will be a much better place for this change.Cant wait to ride with out lookin out for the racers.
now you can drink more hell maybe even have both hands on your beers now that you only have to look around to piss in doo-doo I for one am ok with it cause I dont go there anyways it must be something about rolling in doo-doo Huh and that is me that I ride both styles of bikes

2008 Yamaha Rhino 700FI(camo)
2002 Arctic Cat 400i 4x4
2010 Arctic CAt 700 h1
IXIswamperIXI
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2008, 09:47:54 AM »

here we go agian... sports bikes vs. utes this is sad

Turboderf
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2008, 10:54:48 AM »

i take my vote back close the place down he has already had people hurt not wearing helmet and riding gear the place is kinda a party place for under age folks... in time he will be busted
Bleedsblue

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2008, 12:56:19 PM »

well you dont see to many sportquads riding around with a beer in there hand and cooler on there bikes ...but you do see mudders atv and truck with coolers and a few under age drinking kids out there driving and riding atv. but eather way it still sucks no sportquads

No because they haul butt back to their truck, guzzle down a few then fly through the parking lot to go riding. LOL.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com