Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Elka Shocks  (Read 2499 times)
Eworm
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« on: May 25, 2005, 05:30:19 PM »

I was wondering if I could put Elka shocks (the recreational ones) on my raptor without having ext a-arms? In other words will the Elkas work with stock arms?

Thanks in advance guys
« Last Edit: May 25, 2005, 05:31:40 PM by Eworm » Logged
Hollywood
Supreme Member

Team ATP Racing #8

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2005, 10:25:07 PM »

Yes. They make them for stock and aftermarket a arms.

'99 4??EX: Laeger +2's, Elka Resi's, Tag bars, AC ProPeg, Sparks X6 exhaust, G-Force axle, Burgard stem/carrier, 250r Hood, Klaw MXR's, ATP Racing engine, LSR, MSR, PEP and the list goes on.

'03 Honda 250EX: Yea it's decked out too!

'03 Yamaha Blaster: Work in pr
Eworm
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2005, 07:08:56 AM »

Yes. They make them for stock and aftermarket a arms.

Thanks HW:

I asume it will make a difference just with the Elkas and no a-arms? Is it a considerable difference?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2005, 07:10:25 AM by Eworm » Logged
lawn_man mx
Supreme Member

dont forget your wings! sky is the limit!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2005, 06:08:08 PM »

you can use  elkas with stock aarms  idid  it for a while until i order my houser+2  i have tripple rates no ressys  they work great   if you plan on replacing your aarms in the future  order the shocks valve for +2  is the same size shock just diifferent valving overall  the shocks  are real good  iam ordering my ressys  soon.  .......... Grin

05 yfz houser hiper  elka rpm alba   03 cr125   05 f350 fx4     braaauuuupppp !!!!  ftr +30B #58
Hollywood
Supreme Member

Team ATP Racing #8

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2005, 10:10:49 PM »

Thanks HW:

I asume it will make a difference just with the Elkas and no a-arms? Is it a considerable difference?

Yes all the difference in the world! It's really hard to fathom how much difference it makes till you ride on a set.

'99 4??EX: Laeger +2's, Elka Resi's, Tag bars, AC ProPeg, Sparks X6 exhaust, G-Force axle, Burgard stem/carrier, 250r Hood, Klaw MXR's, ATP Racing engine, LSR, MSR, PEP and the list goes on.

'03 Honda 250EX: Yea it's decked out too!

'03 Yamaha Blaster: Work in pr
Eworm
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2005, 07:31:04 AM »

Thanks a lot guys.
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2005, 03:50:41 PM »

let's put it this way, Hollywood above has the exact model/year quad as mine, his is set up a bit more for racing, but we raced across the pit at Rodman which is very rough terrain for fast running.

Mine was hard to keep going straight and upright at the top speed, but his was smooth as glass in comparison.

kinda like riding in a semi tractor down the highway without an air-ride seat as compared to a leather-clad cadillac.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
sanddragon2004

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2005, 01:00:22 PM »

as long as you are putting the same geometry arms on should be fine. but if you are going way longer or shorter on the shock you are risking bottoming out and ruining the internals of the shock. not to mention they may not rest at the right position. If they are the same length shock, but valved for a plus 2 they may be stiffer then normal but you can usually live with that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com