Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ATVS  AT HARDROCK  (Read 23355 times)
crfquad34

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2004, 03:29:29 PM »

I can remember 2 years ago before all the problems gettiing alot of quads, especialy FTR events 12-15 in both B and C classes KEV knows. But that was before they stopped practice on saturday, I have not been there because of that. The track is one of my favorites in Fl., but it is dangerous if you don't practice before a race. I don't think that quads mess up a track worse than dirt bikes, especially hard pack what is  there to fix most of hardrock is like concrete.
redrider

« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2004, 04:11:11 PM »

hey wheres hard rock at also is an mx track
Black450R

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2004, 05:53:10 PM »

I wasn't complaining about tracks being motivated by money, Doug.  That's completely understandable.  What I was saying is that if quads protest Hardrock's rules by not showing up for the FTR race it won't make an impact whatsoever because, as you pointed out, quads are not the majority.  The track should let quads practice Saturday before the FTR race for safety reasons.  If they don't, as I suggested before, FTR should not put Hardrock on their next schedule because some of it's members are being put in an unsafe position because of that track's rules.  At LEAST quads should be allowed to practice on that particular Saturday.  Maybe this topic should be brought up in an FTR forum instead, or brought to "FTR leaders'" attention.  If Hardrock (for whatever reason) does not want to have to "fix the track after quads" on a regular basis then keep quads out the rest of the year.  They really should be allowed to ride the track before the race though.
SECCRS

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2004, 06:35:07 PM »

I totally agree that they should be allowed to practice there before the race. And I am not talking about 1 day, I would recommend the weekend before as well. I have tried riding MX on a quad and I tell you what that is some of scariest moments I have ever had. Its one thing jumping with 2. But flying with 4 is a totally different ball games.

I agree this needs to be brought to the FTR's MX chairman attention. Jim Edgar is one of the best guys FTR could have gotten to represent them in the MX. He lives just around the corner from me and his entire family are great people.

Since I am not a MX guy I would recommend someone that races the MX bring it to his attention and I gurantee he will do everything that he can to get it for you.

Doug
Triple_R_Cycle_Ski

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2004, 08:31:03 PM »

Ftr has a new Quad Rider Rep in Motocross that rep is Dave Hall.  so give him a call if ya'l have any ?'s  about the new season  up and coming.Thundercross is in 2 weeks  and will be the 1st MX  for FTR  and also the last FTR MX there  by next season there will be homes on that land  Angry

Vet -A  FTR H/S
cutngrs
Supreme Member

PUT UP $$$ OR SHUT THE HELL UP

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2004, 08:31:43 PM »

I GO THERE EVERY WEEK WITH MY SON AND TALK TO THEM THEY WANT THE QUADS BACK LETS  GIVE THEM A TURN OUT  AND GIVE THEM A CHANCE

THE ORANGE CRUSH BANSHEE  
WWW.MYBANSHEE/IS/FASTER/THAN/YOURS.COM
IF YOU WANT TO RUN WITH THE BIG DOGS GIVE US A CALL
Triple_R_Cycle_Ski

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2004, 08:51:57 PM »

You know if they would change the track around maybe once a month or every other month  I would go back there but the "Hard" in Hardrock  is rough on the old tires and bike    I know that dade city does it ever week  and yes theres not alot of jumps out there but its a fun track and other tracks change there tracks  around a couple of times a years

when Glenn bought Hardrock  it's when he said "no more Quads",  only time i've seen them there is for FTR MX  if you go there on a Race night there only about 20-30 riders  go to other track around Florida you will find a couple of hundred of riders on points night

so if all want to start going back there  i would all start calling him and telling him what ya'll want  

Vet -A  FTR H/S
cutngrs
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2004, 07:55:37 PM »

WELL GUYS WE RODE HARD ROCK TODAY WE RODE ALL THE TRACKS EVEN THE MAIN MX BUT THERES A NEW ONE THERE THE GP TRACK ITS OPEN TO THE 4 WHEELERS IT BLOWS THE MX TRACK AWAY ITS LONG AND ITS GOT IT ALL  ITS GOT LOTS OF UP HILLS A DOWN HILLS  SOME STREAT SOME CURVED THE HILLS THAT IS LOTS OF JUMPS  SOME OF THE HILLS ARE STEEP WITH STEP UPS  IF YOU THINK THE MX TRACK IS FUN  DONT TALK ANY SH@T IN TILL YOU RIDE THE GP TRACK

THE ORANGE CRUSH BANSHEE  
glenn_g

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2004, 10:04:33 PM »

I've never seen this forum ,but im glad Ifound it .Now i'll try to make some explanations about some of the this I've read.I hope spelling and punctuation don't count.My decision to stop quads at hardrock was because of an incident with a handful quad riders that camped the nite before a race. what they did I don't think I'll share, but at the time they ruined it for everyone. I should have give out there names it would have been easier for me and the quad riders.Then after that my insurance became a very big issue,and still is.my first year owning the track my insurance was 8k a year by the third year it jump to 50k.We were almost to the point of no 2 wheelers either.It is still the biggest cost(next to mortgage)and the biggest pain in the backend in having a track.Also I didn' t end it when I bought the track but a year and a half after,I even tryed to have a seperate quad series on the sand track but the biggest turnout was 16 and yes the track was groomed every time.
To groom the main track is qiute a trick I have to pull dirt from no where to cover a rock base track ,I had spent a lot of time getting ready for the ftr,I didnt even want bikes on it the day before.I elected not to have quads on sat. to try to keep some dirt for sun. But I would never expect anyone ever to race blind on the track.Quads did get practice on the day of the race.All the races in the north no one ever pratices the day before and the tracks all perfect for race day.But it is different here and thats fine buy me,jI was just trying to keep conditions better for race day.It's also tuff to  change the track on a reg. basis because of its base I have added 4 four lanes to the back off the main track next to the rythem section,any more than that I would have to blast. Thats why I added two new tracks.It is  why when the man called about grooming the Quad track I told him no because it's brand new.the top has a rock base and the bottom has dirt and sand ,which I do groom when needed.It's not an old wornout track. The person who bought a membership should have told me I certainly would have returned your money.Also on my sat.nite series I don't get much of a turn out,but I also don't neighbor a big city ,but we do fun any way.Also I won't play the political games with Dias and Kern to get the big races.Well I hope this cleared up a few things.Enough about the past now about the present. Yes quads are invited to Hardrock and can ride any of the tracks the wish.I'm guessing if you ride the GP track you will care less about the main track.I have also added the quad and mini quad classes to the sat.nite series.But quads are welcome to ride any track they wish any time we are open.You won't be able to ride the HS trail, most are too tight. Hope to see you there .
thank you
Glenn Knox                                                                
Hardrock Cycle Park
LIV2RIDE
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2004, 10:16:55 PM »

Glenn,
You are a stand up guy. Thank you for getting on here and clearing things up. I feel you stated the facts, and anyone's gotta respect you for that, whether they agree with you or not. Hardrock is such a nice place for bikes and quads alike. I was heartbroken the day I showed up,   only to be told I was not welcome because I had 2 extra wheels. I'm glad that is over now, and I can go back to enjoying a 5 star MX track within an hour of my home.

Corey

Check out  --------------------------> www.quadsforchrist.net
SECCRS

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2004, 03:06:27 AM »

Glenn,

Thanks for finding us and allowing us such an opportunity to come rider you facility.

Doug
TBR_#86

one day

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2004, 01:29:49 PM »

Where is this track at?

#86 Honda 450r- TBR/Baldwin/Leager/PEP

"How now brown cow.How now brown cow."

SUPPORT YOUR QUAD ONLY SERIES!!!! www.ssqsa.com
SECCRS

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2004, 01:57:01 PM »

www.hardrockmx.com

You can find a map on there site

Its in Ocala, FL
450R_Matt
Supreme Member

TRX 250R #18

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2004, 11:22:20 AM »

Enough talk About quads no quads.... Now that they allow them back Its time to set up a group ride and show them that we can have a good turn out. Anyone else want to?

Proud to still own one of the badest quads ever built
               The Honda TRX250R
Got rid of the 4 poke and resurrected another dinosaur
KEV96

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2004, 01:27:27 PM »

How about 10-10-04.We have about 8 to 10 quads in are group.
cutngrs
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2004, 02:30:19 PM »

SOUNDS GREAT ILL WILL BE THERE WITH MY SON Grin

THE ORANGE CRUSH BANSHEE  
450R_Matt
Supreme Member

TRX 250R #18

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2004, 07:25:43 PM »

Start a thred in group rides and lets go. Grin

Proud to still own one of the badest quads ever built
               The Honda TRX250R
Got rid of the 4 poke and resurrected another dinosaur
LakeMaryKid
Supreme Member

Just a good ole' boy never meanin no harm.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2004, 02:45:14 PM »

hey liv2ride how far is this from us?and whats it like?

2003 KFX 400
1994 F-150 - 12" SAS 38.5 Boggers
2007 F-150 Supercrew FX4 Luxury
2004 14' Mirrocraft
LIV2RIDE
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2004, 05:55:27 PM »

hey liv2ride how far is this from us?and whats it like?

45 min. for me and 1 1/2 hour for you.

The big track is to advanced for my riding skills but the small track in the back is perfect for me. It's alot of fun. I'll be planning a trip there real soon.

Check out  --------------------------> www.quadsforchrist.net
LakeMaryKid
Supreme Member

Just a good ole' boy never meanin no harm.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2004, 07:08:08 PM »

45 min. for me and 1 1/2 hour for you.

The big track is to advanced for my riding skills but the small track in the back is perfect for me. It's alot of fun. I'll be planning a trip there real soon.

whast the novice track like?

2003 KFX 400
1994 F-150 - 12" SAS 38.5 Boggers
2007 F-150 Supercrew FX4 Luxury
2004 14' Mirrocraft
Nightbreed
Supreme Member

ATP Racing Engines Inc.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2004, 10:25:31 PM »

Alright, I hope glenn_g reads this post.

My wife and myself can probably speak on the behalf of A LOT of quad riders.

We ran the summer series at Dade City, and now that its over, it will be the last time we go down there. I don't agree with any track owner that puts money in front of the safety of its participants. Dade city has at least 40 or better quads down there every sat night and the track is a mess. If there was a quad friendly track out there like Hardrock or Bithlo that would be willing to put classes out there for the quads, I for one would do what I could as an ATV Business owner to get the attendance up.

Dade city is the only track that I know of in driving distance to me that has a WOMENS quad class. My wife is new to racing, and is very good for the time she has been on a quad, but would do a lot better learning and bettering her riding ability if there was a good track out there with a class that she could compete with other women near her riding ability

Glenn, if you would like, give me a call, I have a very large group of friends and customers that are talking about coming up to your track to try it out. We hope that it could be a new place to call our home track, and a place to race every saturday night.

thanks, Mike Walker
All Terrain Performance Inc.
321-439-5367

« Last Edit: September 19, 2004, 02:00:29 PM by Nightbreed » Logged

What doesnt kill you, Makes you stronger!
KEV96

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2004, 07:05:11 AM »

Nightbreed, FTR has women class are ya'll running it?
Nightbreed
Supreme Member

ATP Racing Engines Inc.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2004, 09:08:06 AM »

Yea, when my wifes arm is back to 100%, we are going to give it a shot.

I am going to try and make this first hairscramble next sat.

What doesnt kill you, Makes you stronger!
Exmx54
Supreme Member

MX rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: November 15, 2004, 06:39:43 PM »

Glenn, quads CAN make it through the harescramble track, its just really, hard, and takes some skill. One reccomendation would be to put up some sort of baracades on the GP track right where you enter, because if somebody hauls up the first hill, and doesnt know where to go, they could fly off a cliff!! I might stop by and ride Friday night. I ride a white Yamaha YFZ450, and will be with some friends.
glenn_g

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2004, 09:22:43 PM »

If the riders come up the right hill to get on the track they shouldn't be any where near the cliff.There are arrows on the tree at the top of the hill, for track direction.I did have that hill(my driveway where I'm putting my house)bannered off but everyone that can't do the hill to get on the track, go around to the smaller hill and go right through it.But to be safe and not sorry,I'll try somthing at the top of the hill.Yes your right,I have been told quads can do the black trail. I havn't Opened the rest of the red trail yet,its still under water.I'm not sure quads can do that trail,but would be interested to find out.thanks for the imput I'll tryto fix it.

Glenn
hardrock
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com