Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Attn: All Holey Lands Riders  (Read 50027 times)
Anoriginal

« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2007, 10:07:44 AM »

The fact is, it is a great riding spot for only a small handful of people in our sport who enjoy deep muck, it is the yahoos on stolen sport bikes on the levy that are pissing everyone off. That is the problem IMO and should be addressed.

Exactly!!!   Wink
JackL
Supreme Member

A enemy generally says and believes what he wishes

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2007, 10:54:38 AM »

The fact is, it is a great riding spot for only a small handful of people in our sport who enjoy deep muck, it is the yahoos on stolen sport bikes on the levy that are pissing everyone off. That is the problem IMO and should be addressed.

Exactly!!!   Wink

Oh my lord, I just had to rip the wires from a lamp to defribulate my heart, which stopped when I realised AO agreed with something I said!! That was a close one.  Wink

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
Anoriginal

« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2007, 11:36:27 AM »

Exactly!!!   Wink

Oh my lord, I just had to rip the wires from a lamp to defribulate my heart, which stopped when I realised AO agreed with something I said!! That was a close one.  Wink

lol
Bleedsblue

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2007, 12:05:06 PM »

Exactly!!!   Wink

I'd have to agree with that as well.

Bill

2008 Ford F-250, 8" Fabtech Lift, 38" Kumho MTs
2007 Yamaha Rhino 660, 27" Mudbugs
JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2007, 01:39:18 PM »

Exactly!!!   Wink

I'd have to agree with that as well.

Bill

Good thing I kept the lamp cord handy. Wink

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
4MANFREAK

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2007, 09:11:57 PM »

I ride this place regular and have seen all the idiots in action for many years. "PICK UP YOUR TRASH & DON"T DRIVE LIKE AN Moon. There are alot of people who enjoy riding out there and would like to keep it that way.

2006 FOREMAN 500 4x4
2004 Rancher 350 4x4
2002 400 EX
1997 FOREMAN 400 4x4
MATT1969

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2007, 09:39:49 PM »

i agree.to many of the wrong people out there.
jrpro130
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2007, 10:00:10 PM »

Exactly!!!   Wink

x2

It's the levy riders.  I have only seen probably 20 people TOTAL out pas the first camp there the entire time I've been riding there

08 Brute 750
Snorkel/Radiator Relocated, 29.5's, Muzzy, PCIII, UNI, and a few other custom mods
JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2007, 10:45:49 PM »

Exactly!!!   Wink

x2

It's the levy riders.  I have only seen probably 20 people TOTAL out pas the first camp there the entire time I've been riding there

You ain't kidding about that, and they are usually on a buggy or half track. At least anyone you meet beyond the first camp is guaranteed to be cool.  Wink

They really should drop the levy speed limit to 10 MPH and enforce it hard, I believe that would satisfy everyone except the folks trashing the place. It is funny, you can ride from the parking lot to the buggy bridge and back and not find two pieces of trash, yet if you look in the parking lot or back by the lake you could fill a dumptruck....

jrpro130
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2007, 11:48:23 PM »

Exactly!!!   Wink

x2

You ain't kidding about that, and they are usually on a buggy or half track. At least anyone you meet beyond the first camp is guaranteed to be cool.  Wink

They really should drop the levy speed limit to 10 MPH and enforce it hard, I believe that would satisfy everyone except the folks trashing the place. It is funny, you can ride from the parking lot to the buggy bridge and back and not find two pieces of trash, yet if you look in the parking lot or back by the lake you could fill a dumptruck....

I know!

I've actually yet to see a buggy out there.  I've seen airboats and tracks all the time, just not buggies yet.

08 Brute 750
Snorkel/Radiator Relocated, 29.5's, Muzzy, PCIII, UNI, and a few other custom mods
300 quadrunner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2007, 04:55:34 PM »

no kidding, them damn youngins on sport quads should be contained to another area, jus give em a medium size area wher they can tear they're own riding area and leave us responsible riders to fend for ourselves, i think FWC would realize we all arent there to destroy our evergaldes

Florida Cracker

2001 Mazda B3000
4" lift on 33" MT/R

2002 Honda Rancher 350
2in Lift with 26in mudlites on 12" SS
Snorkeled exhausted jetted and clutch kit
jrpro130
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2007, 10:25:32 PM »

I mean I haven't heard anything that it's DEFINETLY closing up for rec. use, but it could be true...anyone have any updates

08 Brute 750
300 quadrunner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2007, 11:56:14 AM »

if they close HL i will go to the gate, naked holding a sign saying, "you have stolen my life" lmao

Florida Cracker

2001 Mazda B3000
4" lift on 33" MT/R

2002 Honda Rancher 350
Anoriginal

« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2007, 02:06:13 PM »

if they close HL i will go to the gate, naked holding a sign saying, "you have stolen my life" lmao

LOL!! Cheesy
jrpro130
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2007, 04:49:18 PM »

haha, I'll be right there too, except not naked...I'll take my shirt off, but not my pants...thats a little much

If it does close, there will be some protesting going on for sure. 

I don't think the state relizes what happens when you cut off the only legal riding spot from a bunch of rednecks...it's not pretty Wink

08 Brute 750
300 quadrunner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2007, 06:13:41 PM »

we'll all be sitting off of 27 outside of holeylands with a fire and beer singing "got mud" til FWC hauls us all to jail for public intoxication Drink Drink Drink Drink Drink

Florida Cracker

2001 Mazda B3000
4" lift on 33" MT/R

2002 Honda Rancher 350
Gato
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2007, 07:37:08 PM »

I believe it was only 2 voters with a nay vote AND IT PASSED I say not wait til it closes Noise should be done know before it passes I think hunting is over Jan sometime then there will be no more riding since it will be for hunting only I think

2008 Yamaha Rhino 700FI(camo)
2002 Arctic Cat 400i 4x4
2010 Arctic CAt 700 h1
jrpro130
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2007, 09:02:13 PM »

I believe it was only 2 voters with a nay vote AND IT PASSED I say not wait til it closes Noise should be done know before it passes I think hunting is over Jan sometime then there will be no more riding since it will be for hunting only I think

Hunting in that area has been done since Thanksgiving day.  It is no longer hunting season until about 9 months or so.

08 Brute 750
Gato
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2007, 09:54:01 PM »

Hunting in that area has been done since Thanksgiving day.  It is no longer hunting season until about 9 months or so.
Last year FWC was at the levy and told us we could not ride til Jan 5 which was the end of the hunting season I dont hunt so I would not know the schedule but if you are sure Ok

2008 Yamaha Rhino 700FI(camo)
2002 Arctic Cat 400i 4x4
2010 Arctic CAt 700 h1
jrpro130
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2007, 11:58:36 PM »

http://myfwc.com/recreation/holey_land/whentovisit.asp

Hunting was over Nov 18

08 Brute 750
300 quadrunner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2007, 03:28:25 PM »

i do remember wut gato is saying, it was shut down that late, but FWC told me that its fine to ride during the day or night, on or off the levi, as long as u got a flag and soemthing about a fire extinguisher... never heard that one

Florida Cracker

2001 Mazda B3000
4" lift on 33" MT/R

2002 Honda Rancher 350
jrpro130
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2007, 05:12:00 PM »

i do remember wut gato is saying, it was shut down that late, but FWC told me that its fine to ride during the day or night, on or off the levi, as long as u got a flag and soemthing about a fire extinguisher... never heard that one

Nothing about a fire extinguisher was on the rule list...I'm not worrying about it.

Maybe it's for a track/buggy/airboat?

08 Brute 750
300 quadrunner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2007, 06:36:55 PM »

thats wut she told me, but i havent been asked by FWC when i have been stopped, so i am not worried bout it yet

Florida Cracker

2001 Mazda B3000
4" lift on 33" MT/R

2002 Honda Rancher 350
jrpro130
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: December 07, 2007, 10:42:08 PM »

thats wut she told me, but i havent been asked by FWC when i have been stopped, so i am not worried bout it yet

Yea, I just read through all of the rules for everglades francis s. taylor and it said nothing about atv's and fire extinguishers...

08 Brute 750
300 quadrunner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: December 08, 2007, 07:21:22 AM »

i found it wierd to, but i went out there and had my flag, FWC just stopped by to say hi and make sure i wasnt intoxicated, and he said nothing bout a fire extinguisher, so i guess the office lady was mistaken

Florida Cracker

2001 Mazda B3000
4" lift on 33" MT/R

2002 Honda Rancher 350
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com