Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: East side of Macks revisited...boulders, I laugh at you. :)  (Read 3397 times)
JackL
Supreme Member

A enemy generally says and believes what he wishes

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: December 02, 2007, 07:28:30 PM »

We went and hit the east side of Macks last night at about midnight, all I can say is WOW!! It has been too long.

I would have paid the fine, it was seriously unreal. Unfortunately I lost my camera out there so all I have is a few pics of the remains of my poor old bike. We tore the fronts off of TWO separate Vinsons it was so sticky and knee deep muck out there.

Have no clue when/where I lost this cover.

ALWAYS put a ratchet strap on your ammo can, lost $40 and some other stuff since the lid mysteriously disappeared. My DL was in a cigarette pack as well. Very glad I found it, SFWMD and FWC would have probably preferred finding it back there instead of my bag of chips and camera....So glad I got hit in the head with a can of ether...haha

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
HVYHLR53

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2007, 08:13:34 PM »

All that damage was from being stuck in the mud?

2006 Dodge Ram 1500
2006 Honda Rincon 680 - Mine
2006 Honda Rancher 350 - Hers
2006 Carter Talon GX150IIR - Mini Hers
2005 Honda Recon 250 - Mini Hers
2004 Harley RoadKing FLHPI - Mine
2003 Airboat "Glades" SB Chevy 350 5 Blade Warp Drive

"If my signal is flashing, Im not asking permission"
cubanprep24

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2007, 08:42:35 PM »

i was out there about 4 months ago ,i got stopped by a fwc officer while crossing crome ave. trying to get to the other side by the boulders, and havent been back since

how is it?

2006 blue yamaha raptor 350-sold
2008 white suzuki z400
2007 black suzuki king quad 450
JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2007, 08:57:13 PM »

All that damage was from being stuck in the mud?

Well, it was pulling it out with two bikes that tore off what was my winch mount and all the tubes up there...It happened to my other buddies Vinson as well with all the aftermarket aluminum reinforcements. The suction effect was seriously unreal. I lost a boot at one point and it took five minutes to dig it out.

i was out there about 4 months ago ,i got stopped by a fwc officer while crossing crome ave. trying to get to the other side by the boulders, and havent been back since

how is it?

It is freaking AWESOME. It is good as ever, maybe even better. My buddies went in the regular way and I plowed in past the last south boulder. I can't believe I made it through. water was flowing over my seat. We did get there around midnight, so I figure FWC was busy harassing everyone at the Holeylands. Got back around 6:00AM.

I am really thankful some kids were there in the parking lot with a fire. That really made my night, almost as much as making it back with my bike....

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
jrpro130
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2007, 10:42:21 PM »

Looks like some serious damage!

Have you been off the boat ramp lately? I've been riding HL non stop!

08 Brute 750
Snorkel/Radiator Relocated, 29.5's, Muzzy, PCIII, UNI, and a few other custom mods
JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2007, 11:04:28 PM »

I looked down there and said to myself, not even with a jonboat, and I have some serious gps tracks that could MAYBE get you to Spencer's camp with a little luck, but it would be insane in the middle of the night without bangsticks on quads.

I wanted to hit the holeylands, but none of us had flags. It is kinda cool listening to the drag racers over at countyline while riding I have to admit. I am going to fabricate a new front end tomorrow, I have the technology, I can make it better, stronger, faster...haha

I really want to ride with you guys, I will probably have the bike ready by tomorrow, so post up or PM before your next ride, I am there.

jrpro130
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2007, 12:59:01 PM »

I looked down there and said to myself, not even with a jonboat, and I have some serious gps tracks that could MAYBE get you to Spencer's camp with a little luck, but it would be insane in the middle of the night without bangsticks on quads.

I wanted to hit the holeylands, but none of us had flags. It is kinda cool listening to the drag racers over at countyline while riding I have to admit. I am going to fabricate a new front end tomorrow, I have the technology, I can make it better, stronger, faster...haha

I really want to ride with you guys, I will probably have the bike ready by tomorrow, so post up or PM before your next ride, I am there.

If we get the belt issue fixed ont he brute on saturday we'll be at holey lands.  We are going to go as far out as we all can make it.  I have a winch, but the brute doesn't. 

I'll pm you later int he week and let you know whats going on, we have a lot of work to do on the bike before it's ridable (reliable is whaat I really mean) again. 

I like macs, especially when it's deep, but it's just not big enough for me...gets boring after about 4hrs.  I love holey lands, so I'll probably be there with the brute and grizz.

08 Brute 750
Snorkel/Radiator Relocated, 29.5's, Muzzy, PCIII, UNI, and a few other custom mods
JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2007, 08:22:49 PM »

If we get the belt issue fixed ont he brute on saturday we'll be at holey lands.  We are going to go as far out as we all can make it.  I have a winch, but the brute doesn't. 

I'll pm you later int he week and let you know whats going on, we have a lot of work to do on the bike before it's ridable (reliable is whaat I really mean) again. 

I like macs, especially when it's deep, but it's just not big enough for me...gets boring after about 4hrs.  I love holey lands, so I'll probably be there with the brute and grizz.

The east side is pretty big, and the drag line operator is real cool if you give him a beer. Hahah

I hear you on the HL's, I love it just as you do. I want to make it to the buggy bridge and all the way to the alley if it is possible. My bike is in need of some pretty serious TLC as well. Hopefully I will have most of the front end back together ASAP and I can go through the rest of it before the weekend.

jrpro130
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2007, 09:52:30 AM »

The east side is pretty big, and the drag line operator is real cool if you give him a beer. Hahah

I hear you on the HL's, I love it just as you do. I want to make it to the buggy bridge and all the way to the alley if it is possible. My bike is in need of some pretty serious TLC as well. Hopefully I will have most of the front end back together ASAP and I can go through the rest of it before the weekend.

I'd love to make it to the alley.  We were out there the other day (saturday) and some guys on a track heard that we were going for the alley, needless to say they were pesimistic.  I think it's a somewhat easy run.  I think it's totally feasible and doable.  Nedless to say the guys on a track had never been from one side to another either Wink

08 Brute 750
JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2007, 02:29:49 PM »

I'd love to make it to the alley.  We were out there the other day (saturday) and some guys on a track heard that we were going for the alley, needless to say they were pesimistic.  I think it's a somewhat easy run.  I think it's totally feasible and doable.  Nedless to say the guys on a track had never been from one side to another either Wink

It is absolutely doable, I have never actually gone the entire way, but have entered from the alley side and went nearly to the two story camp in the past.

I once proposed a race from the alley to the parking lot on this site, but could only get one taker who lives too far away to actually do it. It was a bit drier then, right before they closed it for the fires.
If I remember right, we even had some prize money lined up. Wink

Towards the alley it can get very tricky when wet, I haven't seen how deep the rim canal is right now, but judging by your pictures I believe it definitely possible....or will be very soon.

jrpro130
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2007, 03:47:08 PM »

Well my bike and the grizz are snorkeled and are fully water tight, theres always a way around it too.

I say we get a HARDCORE ride planned before the end of the year.  Only the strong can and will survive.  I don't let anyone fall behind, unless they are playing stupid and getting stuck on purpose b/c they know there are extra bikes.

08 Brute 750
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com